May 01, 2024, 01:58:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #710 1/03 - 1/09/2007  (Read 252572 times)
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #940 on: January 09, 2008, 07:15:11 PM »

I thought it was fascinating what Hodges had to say about meeting the fisherman and the evidence of the break-in. Thanks for the link Klaas.

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #941 on: January 09, 2008, 07:18:29 PM »

I have a question if anyone knows the answer; is Oprah broadcast in Aruba?

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #942 on: January 09, 2008, 07:28:06 PM »

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
greeneyedlady
Monkey Junky

« Reply #943 on: January 09, 2008, 07:28:59 PM »

ld, if Oprah was doing a show in Aruba, wouldn't you think they may have something to be there for?

"No man has a good enough memory to make a successful liar" Abraham Lincoln
Pita
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #944 on: January 09, 2008, 07:29:04 PM »

Hooray...

Wednesday, January 2, 2008
X. Persistence

Update: Wed 09-Jan 1816 hrs
All Internet connectivity was lost for two days due to rough seas and equipment failure. The old adage "No news is good news" only applies on land. Offshore, the 'Law of the Sea' rules and no news usually just means "lost contact". The seas were 6-8ft with the occasional 12+ft swell. The past two nights were spent conducting a bathymetry-only survey of the new grid. The new grid more than doubles the original search area. If completed, the total area thoroughly searched will be 80% the size of Aruba. Currently, the seas are calm relative to what we've been experiencing. The four digits posted on the echo-sounder is a reminder of the limits being put to the test.

Every body of water near land has its own unique character, temperament, and color. The nature of water is governed by the trio of land, sea, and sky. The sea surface reflects the sky, the water column contains the turbidity from the land, and the seabed stares upward through the water column as long as the water allows it to. However, as the seabed falls away into the abyss, the color is always the same dark navy blue. Staring into these deep and dark waters reminds me that this island is surrounded by the same water that flows throughout our entire world. On the surface, the expanse of the sea divides us. Looking deeper, it is really what connects us all. Perhaps the sea gives a reflection of human nature and not just the sky.

What were the water conditions the morning/day of May 30, 2005?

Obviously ... it would have been very risky for the small boat owned by Koen's father to have ventured out if water conditions mirrored what the Persistence has been experiencing throughout this search.

Janet

May 30, 2005   Wind Conditions in Aruba

Wind Speed           11 mph / 22 km/h ()     
Max Wind Speed    26 mph / 43 km/h     
Max Gust Speed     37 mph / 59 km/h     
Visibility                7.4 miles / 12.0 kilometers 

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/TNCA/2005/5/30/DailyHistory.html
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #945 on: January 09, 2008, 07:29:30 PM »

One of the most intriguing has been a tip from a reported friend of Deepak who said that Deepak confessed one evening while using drugs together that they had dropped the body 10 miles out into the ocean.

Ten miles out the depth is 3000 meters. I don't think persistence is looking that far out. The water is over 9000 feet deep and the surface and underwater currents run to Panama.

10 miles?  How long would that take in the Gottenbos boat?  How long would it take in a different kind of boat?
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #946 on: January 09, 2008, 07:31:38 PM »

One of the most intriguing has been a tip from a reported friend of Deepak who said that Deepak confessed one evening while using drugs together that they had dropped the body 10 miles out into the ocean.

Ten miles out the depth is 3000 meters. I don't think persistence is looking that far out. The water is over 9000 feet deep and the surface and underwater currents run to Panama.

10 miles?  How long would that take in the Gottenbos boat?  How long would it take in a different kind of boat?

Somewhere around 30 minutes...

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #947 on: January 09, 2008, 07:32:24 PM »

20-30 minutes I'd guess
Hotshot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #948 on: January 09, 2008, 07:33:13 PM »

For LaLa'smom

#  Shango Says:
June 27th, 2005 at 12:26 pm

Babalu finally opened a window with a view into the house of Babylon with his
12:30 AM posting

Simian your Doppleganger is with us

#  Babalú Says:
June 27th, 2005 at 12:30 am

Concerned

No, I guess he is head of some local official corps. He is the guy that knows everything and that has been in the house of Babylonians NOT seeking pleasure for himself, so Shango says. So maybe he went to search for Natalee and he is the chief of Polis.

So Ronny Bernadina = Dirtyhand?

Well this was a long wall that had grafitti on it about natalee, and I did miss one part of the wall here.  And that one stated "F*** Bernadino"  So I am guessing you are right, it sure fits.  Dont forget, this was taken on the "gang" side of town in Dakota/Madiki.

Joran van der Sloot: One day, I will explain exactly what happened, but, right now, I don’t feel ready to do that.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #949 on: January 09, 2008, 07:37:19 PM »

The fisherman described the cage as made of 3/8 inch iron (such as used in concrete reinforcing—“rebar”) with a frame size approximately 5 ½ feet by 4 feet by 17 inches.   He described it as a large fishing cage with frame wrapped in chicken wire (hexagonal openings) having an opening in one panel which allowed them to trap fish. He felt like it would take two men to manage cage. It would lay low in the nearby fishing boat. He recalls the iron stain in the grass when the cage had gone missing—this almost directly behind his hut on the south side of huts.

Concrete reinforcing --'rebar' is heavy, imo....I'm thinking this cage with the additional chicken wire was definitely heavy enough to require 2 men to move as Hodges explains.  Just thinking aloud, here....

What's the difference between nautical miles and miles as we know them on land???? 

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #950 on: January 09, 2008, 07:39:31 PM »

ld, if Oprah was doing a show in Aruba, wouldn't you think they may have something to be there for?

GEL - I think ldstlou was wondering if they can watch Oprah in Aruba.  I don't think the show is being taped in Aruba (or maybe I misunderstood your post)  Wink

My guess is yes, they can get Oprah in Aruba.  What they don't get is the cable shows I think. 
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #951 on: January 09, 2008, 07:39:50 PM »

no no...I mean do they show Oprah on aruba..does that make sense..do they get her show there.

ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #952 on: January 09, 2008, 07:40:50 PM »

GEL - I think ldstlou was wondering if they can watch Oprah in Aruba.  I don't think the show is being taped in Aruba (or maybe I misunderstood your post)  Wink

My guess is yes, they can get Oprah in Aruba.  What they don't get is the cable shows I think. 

Klaas is starting to understand me..lol...pretty scarey huh Klaas...you may have been doing this too long now!! lol

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #953 on: January 09, 2008, 07:42:41 PM »

Is that blood on her feet? How did she die again? Drowning? Body put in a dirty pick up truck?  Shocked

I don't know this one.  That sure looks like blood on her feet.
Hmmm..It appears the toes could have cuts on them. I guess its possible she stepped on coral when she drowned. When they pulled her out it dried on her feet? Is that possible?

I hope I don't offend here, but you know, there are creatures in the water...  There may have been small wounds from the coral and fishes picked at it...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
greeneyedlady
Monkey Junky

« Reply #954 on: January 09, 2008, 07:46:45 PM »

Klaas is starting to understand me..lol...pretty scarey huh Klaas...you may have been doing this too long now!! lol

Thanks Klaas, I did misunderstand ld's post...just a little wishful thnking on my part. Very Happy Wink

"No man has a good enough memory to make a successful liar" Abraham Lincoln
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #955 on: January 09, 2008, 07:46:56 PM »

Thank you IDStLou, Klaas, and VMS for the info of Beth on Oprah.

For the Monkeys, especially Angie. Enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLtR8_qw_yM

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #956 on: January 09, 2008, 07:46:56 PM »

Is that blood on her feet? How did she die again? Drowning? Body put in a dirty pick up truck?  Shocked

I don't know this one.  That sure looks like blood on her feet.
Hmmm..It appears the toes could have cuts on them. I guess its possible she stepped on coral when she drowned. When they pulled her out it dried on her feet? Is that possible?

I hope I don't offend here, but you know, there are creatures in the water...  There may have been small wounds from the coral and fishes picked at it...
I think it said he was slammed continuously against the rocks, may have caused the abrasions.

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #957 on: January 09, 2008, 07:47:32 PM »

The fisherman described the cage as made of 3/8 inch iron (such as used in concrete reinforcing—“rebar”) with a frame size approximately 5 ½ feet by 4 feet by 17 inches.   He described it as a large fishing cage with frame wrapped in chicken wire (hexagonal openings) having an opening in one panel which allowed them to trap fish. He felt like it would take two men to manage cage. It would lay low in the nearby fishing boat. He recalls the iron stain in the grass when the cage had gone missing—this almost directly behind his hut on the south side of huts.

Concrete reinforcing --'rebar' is heavy, imo....I'm thinking this cage with the additional chicken wire was definitely heavy enough to require 2 men to move as Hodges explains.  Just thinking aloud, here....

What's the difference between nautical miles and miles as we know them on land???? 

I searched for the answer to my question:

A nautical mile is 1,852 meters, or 1.852 kilometers. In the English measurement system, a nautical mile is 1.1508 miles, or 6,076 feet.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #958 on: January 09, 2008, 07:48:45 PM »

Thank you IDStLou, Klaas, and VMS for the info of Beth on Oprah.

For the Monkeys, especially Angie. Enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLtR8_qw_yM

too cute!!! I loved that!!

ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #959 on: January 09, 2008, 07:50:06 PM »

I searched for the answer to my question:

A nautical mile is 1,852 meters, or 1.852 kilometers. In the English measurement system, a nautical mile is 1.1508 miles, or 6,076 feet.

are you talking to yourself again? lol...just kidding!!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.