March 29, 2024, 02:01:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marvin's Predictions  (Read 2165 times)
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« on: January 03, 2008, 07:54:44 PM »

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have a long time family friend named Marvin. He is a retired accountant and he is very serious about politics. He is our political guru / oracle. His predictions are accurate.

I sought him out at my cousin Barbara's New Years Day Party. He predicts Obama will win the Democratic ticket and McCain will win the Republican ticket. And in the face off between the two of them, Obama will be victorious.

No Rudy (he is 9/11), no Fred (he isn't working hard for the nomination), for certain no Mitt (he's a kook), no Huckabee (he has no organization besides being a nut), no Clinton (we know about her already) and no Edwards (out of touch with reality).

McCain is too closely associated with the Iraq war, war in general and Viet Nam. We have a 72 year old man entrenched in Washington politics vs a relatively young man who talks of hope. Obama is 47 vs JFK who was 43 when elected. So he not too young.

I have a big issue in my life about hope. I always was hopeful in my early life. When I was six in Austria, there were presents under the tree. I opened all of them and there was one small box left. I had asked for a cowgirl outfit with six shooters, boots and a hat. I was certain the small box held the cowgirl outfit. As I opened it, there was a harmonica in the box. My hopes were dashed. It happened over and over in my life so I have only a small amount of hope left.

So when a candidate speaks about hope, my ears perk up. Hope resonates with me. I need it and can't get enough.

Obama's organization is the most comprehensive I've ever seen in my life. I went to a rally in Los Angeles last spring and filled out one card with my name and address and phone number. I get 2-3 emails a day and beautiful 5 minute long phone messages inviting me to fund raisers and home parties. Marvin has hosted a lot of fund raisers in his house.

I have not heard any of the other Dems or Repubs speak of hope. No one says, "Hello, thank you, thank you. The first thing I want to mention is that I am here to offer you hope for a new and just America."

And I discussed with Marvin the fact that last year at this time we had no clue about Obama. Then Obama seemed to rise up out of nowhere very quickly and continues to rise. Why? Marvin says it must be God who sent him. I have a darker theory. I believe there is a cabal of bankers and businessmen who make the decisions. Their machine is huge and I believe they chose Obama too.

This is Marvin.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 06:23:33 PM »

Good recap, Louise.  Now we shall see if McCain can gain the momentum in NH.  I am not certain that republican voters have settled on any one candidate yet.  This is a strange election and I am seeing a trend develop.  I think the winner will be which ever candidate can survive its own parties attacks.  Without a unification behind one candidate it will throw the election up in the air.  Another factor will be who, if anyone decides to enter as a third party candidate.  I would never give any third party candidate any chance, but they certainly could disrupt one side or the other.

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 07:53:53 PM »

Thanks, Great Owl for responding. I agree this is a strange election ... and a that a third party candidate would disrupt and divide. Are we are talking about Bloomberg?

McCain will regain momentum and win the republican ticket.

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 11:36:49 PM »

It is possible that Bloomberg will run as a third party.  I have heard conflicting reports.

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 06:33:02 PM »

Hi Great Owl,

I too have heard (on FOX) that Bloomberg may run as a third party candidate. I know that it is part of our democracy.

I hate third party candidates. They know they will not win the ticket so what is their goal? They intentionally cause disruption. They f--k up the election and take votes away from the democratic and republican candidates, thus skewing the real results. The third party candidates never win the election. I heard that Bloomberg says he is NOT running. If he decides to run, he has no chance of being elected.

PS: I was watching your avatar for a while and now I see a bluebird is singing to you and you are enjoying it.

With Love, Louise

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 09:17:20 PM »

Yup, I am really liking the music.  If only spring were on the way.

I have heard the reports that say if Bloomberg doesn't think he can win he will not enter the race.  It just doesn't make sense to me since the likelihood of a third party victory is nil.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.