March 28, 2024, 02:03:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Teresa Bradish,13 / Father CONVICTED in her 1985 Murder  (Read 27231 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: January 09, 2008, 10:37:03 PM »

Texas man charged with 1985 murder of his daughter in Wyoming

Associated Press - January 9, 2008 9:05 PM ET

CHEYENNE, Wyo. (AP) - A Texas man faces charges of murder, sexual assault and incest in the 1985 death of his daughter in Wyoming.

60-year-old Jerry Joe Bradish of New Fairview, Texas, waived extradition to Wyoming at a court appearance today.

Fremont County Attorney Ed Newell says Bradish was arrested yesterday without incident by the Wise County Sheriff's Office. He will be brought back to Wyoming in coming days.

A Wyoming judge has set bail for him at $1 million.

13-year-old Teresa Bradish was found strangled by the roadside in September 1985 in Fremont County. Newell says she had left a group home for troubled youth hours before she was killed. Her father was working in Wyoming at the time.

Investigators say Bradish collected on a $10,000 insurance policy on the girl after her death.

According to records filed in state court in Wyoming, recent DNA testing shows sperm recovered from the girl's body matches DNA from work gloves that Jerry Bradish threw away in Texas last year.

http://www.kxan.com/Global/story.asp?S=7602529

--------------------------------------------------------------
It's really said it's taken over 20 years for Jerry Joe Bradish to be charged in the death of his daughter.  But it gives me hope that justice can and will prevail, even years later.  It appears to me the police had a good idea who did this awful deed, but had to wait for the evidence, which would be the work gloves, and the technology of DNA.  I'm interested in knowing more about the work gloves and how the case will be proved.  Someone must have still been watching and waiting even years later to nail this guy...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 08:58:28 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 08:51:50 AM »

Texas Man Pleads Guilty To Having Sex With Daughter, Then Killing Her

(March 1, 2008)--A North Texas man has pleaded guilty for having sex with and then strangling his 13-year-old daughter in Wyoming in 1985.

Fremont County, Wyo., District Judge Norman Young sentenced 60-year-old Jerry Joe Bradish of New Fairview, Texas, to life plus 18 to 20 years in prison.

Bradish told a courtroom in Lander, Wyoming, on Wednesday that he killed the girl so he could collect $10,000 on a life insurance policy.

At the time she was killed, Teresa Bradish was living in a group home.

Bradish recounted taking the girl for a drive and then talking her into having sex.

Bradish then described how he strangled his daughter.

Bradish has admitted guilt to first-degree murder.

He also has pleaded guilty to second-degree sexual assault.

The case was revived last year after DNA from sperm retrieved from the girl's body matched DNA from work gloves that Bradish had thrown away in Texas.

New Fairview is about 30 miles northwest of Fort Worth.
16 comments >>>>>
http://www.kwtx.com/news/headlines/16147137.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 08:57:07 AM »

Life in prison for Texas man who had sex with, strangled teenage daughter

02:43 PM CST on Saturday, March 1, 2008

RIVERTON, Wyo. -- A Texas man has pleaded guilty for having sex with and then strangling his 13-year-old daughter in 1985, telling a courtroom that he killed the girl so he could collect $10,000 on a life insurance policy.

Jerry Joe Bradish, 60, admitted guilt Wednesday to first-degree murder. He also pleaded guilty to second-degree sexual assault.  District Court Judge Norman Young sentenced Bradish to life plus 18 to 20 years in prison.

“She was just a young, inexperienced little girl,” Bradish’s ex-wife, Terry Reynolds, said after the sentencing. “Justice was done in Fremont County.”

Young called Bradish evil “of biblical proportions.”

“I think you topped the list for me,” he told Bradish.

Bradish, 60, of New Fairview, Texas, avoided a possible death
sentence by pleading guilty.

The case was revived last year when DNA from sperm recovered from the girl’s body matched DNA from Bradish. Bradish worked for an asphalt and paving company and investigators sampled his DNA from work gloves that he threw away in Texas last year.

Bradish was extradited to Wyoming in January and a judge set bail at $1 million.

According to court documents, Bradish was living in a small camper trailer and his daughter was living in a group home in 1985.  Teresa Bradish had told other residents of the group home that her father had called her earlier on the night she was killed.

Bradish told the courtroom that he took his daughter for a drive the night he killed her.

“I drove off the highway. We talked and we had sex,” Bradish said.

He demonstrated how her choked his daughter after they had sex.

Bradish said he dumped the girl’s nude body near Wyoming Highway

789 north of Hudson.

“I needed her to be found because at the time I wanted to collect the insurance on her,” Bradish said.

Reynolds said she hopes now to see closure for the family.

“Everyone can be at rest now. It’s done. It’s finally over,”

she said. “Her mother and her family can have peace and closure.

We can all have peace and closure.”
http://www.khou.com/news/state/stories/khou080301_tnt_daughterdeath.1193bc3e.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.