April 26, 2024, 04:55:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tiffany Fraser Burns 7 Year Old Son in Oven -- NY  (Read 5496 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: January 12, 2008, 07:51:23 PM »

Jan 11, 11:39 PM EST

Police: Mother Burned Son in Oven

AIRMONT, N.Y. (AP) -- Police arrested a woman Friday after her 7-year-old son told authorities she burned him in an oven, and a day-care worker was arrested for not reporting the attack, authorities said.

The mother, 26-year-old Tiffany Fraser of Tallman, was charged with assault and endangering a child, authorities said.

Police began investigating after the boy was spotted alone at a shopping center and told officers he had run away because "his mother had put him in an oven and burned him as a punishment," according to police reports.

The day-care worker, 37-year-old Joelle Lherisson, was charged with failure to report child abuse. Both Fraser and Lherisson were arraigned in Airmont Village Court and released until their next court dates.

Lherisson told WCBS-TV that the boy showed no signs of abuse, and she had taken good care of him.

"There was nothing wrong with the child," she said.

Fraser's lawyer, Edward Cigna, declined to comment. There was no phone listing for Fraser.

Lt. Brad Weidel of the Town of Ramapo police force, which covers Airmont, said the boy's burns - on his nose, arm, hand and left leg - were noticed at a daycare center owned by Lherisson in July, but Lherisson did not report them.

When the boy reported the oven incident at the shopping center, he and a sibling were removed from their home by the Rockland County children's agency and police began an investigation that led to both arrests, Weidel said.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/B/BOY_OVEN?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US
---------------------------------------------------------------------

It's amazing this little boy is still alive.  How totally disgusting what his mother did to her own son, but even more so, the child care worker noticed the burns and didn't report them.  I'm glad she got hauled in too, as should be.   The boy was only seven years old.  How cruel a life he's had already.  I hope he will be able to have someone that will really love and care for him and help him recover from such horrid treatment.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 04:39:15 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 09:59:27 AM »

God Bless that poor little guy. I also hope he can find a loving home, hopefully with relatives. I wonder where the Dad is?

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
kissyface
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 01:58:08 PM »

They need to put her a*s in an oven.  I can never grasp any kind of child abuse. It sickens me to the core of my being.  I don't think I should read these but then a headline pops up that i just can't believe and I read it and am horrified, every time.  What the h*ll is wrong with people?

***Love is stronger than death.***

>>> bring Bri justice<<<
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 04:41:06 PM »

Downstate mom accused of burning boy in oven: He made it up.....
May 01, 2008

AIRMONT, N.Y. -- A 7-year-old boy who told authorities his mother burned him in an oven concocted the claim because he was peeved at not being allowed to trick-or-treat on Halloween, the mother said.

"Only a crazy person would put their child in an oven," Tiffany Fraser told The Journal News in an interview Wednesday, adding: "I never put him in the oven."

Police and prosecutors said the case was based on a solid investigation and noted that a grand jury indicted Fraser this week on felony assault and misdemeanor child-endangerment charges. She has pleaded not guilty.

Fraser, 26, was arrested in November. Police said her son was spotted alone at a shopping center on Oct. 31 and told officers he had run away because his mother had put him in the oven to punish him for losing a cell phone. She told the newspaper it was the boy who was trying to punish her.

"I'm a Christian, and I don't believe in trick-or-treating," she said. "He was really angry that I wouldn't let him, so he made up a story."

A day-care worker was arrested on a misdemeanor charge of failing to report child abuse after police said she had spotted burn marks on the child. She has denied seeing any signs of abuse. District Attorney Thomas Zugibe said he was "confident that the case will be sustained at trial."

Child welfare authorities have taken the boy, now 8, and his twin brother into foster care.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2008/05/downstate_mom_accused_of_burni.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 08:31:15 PM »

Dec 4, 8:01 PM EST

Charges dropped against NY mom in son-in-oven case

NEW CITY, N.Y. (AP) -- Prosecutors dropped all charges Thursday against a woman accused of burning her son in an oven, saying that continuing with the case would harm the boy.

Rockland County District Attorney Thomas Zugibe said the decision to drop charges against 26-year-old Tiffany Fraser of Tallman was partly based on "additional interviews" with the boy, now 8.

"Evidentiary deficiencies" also made the dismissal appropriate, Zugibe said without elaborating. The boy has been permanently removed from Fraser's custody, and his foster mother expressed concerns about continuing with the case, the district attorney said.

Zugibe did not immediately return a call seeking more information. Fraser's lawyer declined to comment.

Fraser was indicted in April on charges of assault and child endangerment. Police said the boy, who was spotted alone at a shopping center in November 2007, told police he had run away because his mother had burned him in the oven for losing a cell phone. Police said he had burns on his nose, arm, hand and leg.

Fraser said the boy made up the story because she wouldn't let him trick-or-treat on Halloween.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/B/BOY_OVEN?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.