June 23, 2024, 01:33:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #712 1/12 - 1/16/08  (Read 240342 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #800 on: January 16, 2008, 06:03:52 PM »

ldstlou - please check your email, I just sent you something to forward.  TIA
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #801 on: January 16, 2008, 06:05:46 PM »

Just got done watching Oprah and can't stop sobbing. I think Beth did a wonderful job.

Now, ID, (lol, some don't know the difference in lower case "L" and the letter "I") Beth makes me smile!  She smiles and I just have to smile back at her because she is positive and uplifting to hear.  Just an example of how we all react differently to the strong emotions we feel about this tragedy.

I used to cry about it all much more than I do now which is seldom as with the passage of time, some of the rawness you feel will tend to mend and heal a little bit.

Doesn't change your determination one bit, however, it just may become less painful over time, if that helps.  But no matter what, I will never be able to forget what they did to Natalee and to Beth and the hatemongors who continue to trash and bash even to this day.  The supporters often behave even worse than Joran and that's saying a lot.

Sometimes anger replaces the hurt.  But we saw just how fearful little Joran is with his flinging episode, not very and certainly not fearful enough to lie about the events for any reason than his CYA mode of primitive primate reasoning.  The injection of a good dose of fear or at least respect for something on this earth would be a vast improvement in that boy's character.

So just try to smile back at Beth and maybe it will help the tears a little bit.   Hugs to you!

Very Happy

Thanks Anna. But I can still see the pain she holds back, though she does it so well. Just makes me so sad for Beth and Matt.
I am going to take Peaches' advice and get my joy back. You are right...I am smiling back at Beth now. I am still the Cub Scout leader, it's pinewood derby time again...lol...remember what I wreck I was last year!! lol My brother moved back so this year I have help. Off I go to build a car and count my many blessings.
Throw a snowball for my little guy and I Anna!!
Keep the faith Monkeys!!
And thank you again Beth, we are smiling back at you from St Louis.

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
JusticeforNatalee
Scared Monkey

« Reply #802 on: January 16, 2008, 06:05:46 PM »

Many viewers will be inspired to buy Beth's book and
will learn more about the corruption and coverup that took place
in Aruba.

"My client, Joran van der Sloot, played a MAJOR ROLE in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway."       
Antonio Carlo
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #803 on: January 16, 2008, 06:07:02 PM »

OPRAH - part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkQykmHv6TQ

Thanks Carpe!
dennisintn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #804 on: January 16, 2008, 06:08:59 PM »

i was disappointed in the way beth's section ended.  i find it hard to believe they cut it off when they did just to preview some damned movie and it's stars.  no wonder i don't watch tv anymore than i do.  back to beth and matt.  i've never heard him speak before, i think i'd like him a lot though, from what little i heard.  he loved his sister and has to fight being emotional about losing her. 
dennisintn
hotping
Monkey Junky

All Prayers Will Be Answered in Time!

« Reply #805 on: January 16, 2008, 06:16:21 PM »

Beth was Absolutely Marvelous on the Oprah Show....I really liked the first segment with Marion Jones about admitting She lied and How it was hard to tell the truth but Her life will be better for it....just maybe The Aruban People saw it too and will speak up. I thought it very wise to lead with Marion's story then Beth's.....JMO

you are so right!! I thought the same thing!!!!
Oh How I Pray We are Right!

In God We Trust!
Prayers Will Bring Natalee Home!
May 2010 Bring Natalee Home to Rest In Peace!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #806 on: January 16, 2008, 06:18:34 PM »

http://www.wtok.com:80/news/headlines/13845582.html

Beth Holloway Talks to Oprah  

Posted: 3:53 PM Jan 16, 2008
Last Updated: 3:53 PM Jan 16, 2008

Beth Holloway has not spoken publicly since Aruban investigators closed the case and released three suspects for the last time.

Holloway said she still believes that some new information could come unexpectedly and solve the mystery of what happened to her daughter.

"The facts are these are the last three men that were known to be seen with Natalee alive. And we do know the condition that she was in when she got into the car," said Holloway. "And we know the conduct they engaged in with her. And after that, we have different stories of what they gave to interrogators to explain what they did with her that night.''

Holloway said finding Natalee's remains would end the nightmare. She said she would talk to former chief suspect Joran van der Sloot, but only if he were hooked up to a polygraph.

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #807 on: January 16, 2008, 06:20:35 PM »

Tylergal - check your email please (has nothing to do with Oprah and Aruba, lol)

Klaas, I responded in case you did not receive it.  I ditto what you said and also what you did. Mad

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #808 on: January 16, 2008, 06:26:07 PM »

Tylergal - check your email please (has nothing to do with Oprah and Aruba, lol)

Klaas, I responded in case you did not receive it.  I ditto what you said and also what you did. Mad

Thanks, didn't get it yet.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #809 on: January 16, 2008, 06:35:35 PM »

http://www.wtok.com:80/news/headlines/13845582.html

Beth Holloway Talks to Oprah  

Posted: 3:53 PM Jan 16, 2008
Last Updated: 3:53 PM Jan 16, 2008

Beth Holloway has not spoken publicly since Aruban investigators closed the case and released three suspects for the last time.

Holloway said she still believes that some new information could come unexpectedly and solve the mystery of what happened to her daughter.

"The facts are these are the last three men that were known to be seen with Natalee alive. And we do know the condition that she was in when she got into the car," said Holloway. "And we know the conduct they engaged in with her. And after that, we have different stories of what they gave to interrogators to explain what they did with her that night.''

Holloway said finding Natalee's remains would end the nightmare.

She said she would talk to former chief suspect Joran van der Sloot, but only if he were hooked up to a polygraph.

Thank you Klaas.

I wonder why Joran has not taken Beth up on her offer ... it has an open offer since March, 2006.   Wink

Janet

+++++++++

Beth Twitty
On the Record w/ Greta
March 21, 2006

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,188645,00.html

VAN SUSTEREN: Now, you and I have spent an awful lot of time together, talked together. You know my entire staff. Was it difficult for you that we sat down with him?

TWITTY: Oh, no. No, I mean, I think that any time that we can get Joran speaking, I think that he only incriminates himself every time. And you know, I've heard his offer that he is willing to sit down with myself or with Dave or the family, and absolutely, I would do it. I would go to Holland. I'd meet him wherever he would choose to. But you know, Greta, I would have to have one polygraph expert with me because, you know, just having Joran talk without any type of repercussions — I mean, I think those days are over for him. You know, I'd like to get to the bottom of where his lies are, and I think that a polygraph expert could help do that.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #810 on: January 16, 2008, 06:45:32 PM »

Sad  Am sad too after watching the show. Wish she had been given more time for more indepth knowledge to the TV audience.

Pages are loading very slowly for me on Firefox and Safari.. again like last night... almost 45 sec. a page on 56k.. don't have the patience now. BBL

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #811 on: January 16, 2008, 06:46:02 PM »

dennis,
I have often wondered if Natalee had stiffed the HI for her bill, if they would not have found her by sundown.  Too bad they weren't looking for dollars, only an abused little tourist girl who happened to cross paths with some of the local sociopaths on the prowl.

along that line, i keep thinking that aruba was able to find the rented wave runners that max devries and (friend) were on when he disappeared, but poor max, who had a rented life jacket on, couldn't be found.  how far away from the wave runners could he have drifted?  so now when you ask anyone about max, the answer is that he was just part of an "insurance scam"  and is living somewhere in s.a.  the companion with him when he disappeared gave different stories about the circumstances about max disappearing and i assume he's alive and "feet free" back in the states somewhere.  all in all, tourists in trouble of any kind on aruba are in dire trouble if official help of any kind is needed or if their plight offers any chance of damaging the island's flow of dollars from tourists.
dennisintn

I hate a bunch of third-world liars almost as much as I hate an ex-pat liar.

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #812 on: January 16, 2008, 06:46:49 PM »

Kyle has a new post on his blog.  I can't bring it over
when I am on IE for some reason.  Maybe someone
else will.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #813 on: January 16, 2008, 06:47:29 PM »

Klaas, re-sent Cox.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #814 on: January 16, 2008, 06:49:47 PM »

Update: Wed 16-Jan 1700 hrs
The Persistence left the dock at 1345 hrs heading out to the search area. A broken wire delays acquisition for a while until it is properly diagnosed and fixed. 1700 hrs - sonar survey underway.
1830 hrs: seas building 6-8ft with occasional 12+ft. more to come

Side scan sonar image showing rock outcrops inside the Leviathan Lair. Water depth over 1000ft. Towfish cleared rocks by less than 10ft.

http://nholloway.blogspot.com/
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #815 on: January 16, 2008, 06:51:04 PM »

Klaas, re-sent Cox.

Tylergal - sometimes my email acts up.  Haven't received anything yet and I may have to reboot to get it. I'll get it eventually.
JA
Scared Monkey

« Reply #816 on: January 16, 2008, 06:58:19 PM »

I watched Oprah while I was at the gym and there were 5 other women on the machines at the time.  Only one knew of the story and was pretty much up on it.  One had never heard of the case, and the others vaguely remembered it.  I think this show will at least keep the case out in the open and make more people aware of the story as well as the dangerous of traveling abroad in some of these countries with corrupt and uncooperative governments.

Beth showed so much class and restraint during the show.  I know I couldn't have been so "good."  That alone attests to her character and motives compared to Joran last "performance."  I got teary eyed when she was talking about Natalee's dog wondering where she was, as well as when Oprah asked her if she thought there was any chance Natalee was alive.

Overall, I thought it was a good condensed version of what happened without pointing fingers ( She didn't need to.  I am sure viewers will know what conclusion is the right one.) or stating info that we might know as "fact", but is not in the eyes of the ALE(Openly, although we all know, they know what really happened.).  I would have liked a more forceful statement of the corruption of the case, but I assume it was presented that way for a reason.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #817 on: January 16, 2008, 07:00:28 PM »

OPRAH - part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkQykmHv6TQ

Thanks Carpe!

Thank you Klaas.

Thank you Carpe ... you always come through.  If it were not for you ... only appreciated transcripts and overviews of most interviews would be where it was at for me.  I do not have a very comprehensive cable package.

However ... I do get Oprah Winfrey on our local channel... though I normally do not watch her.  However ... it does appear American Monkeys were privy to the show before this Canadian Monkey.  In about five minutes ... my longtime neighbour/friend and I will be taking our tea to the livingroom and watching Beth do what she does so beautifully.

Later, Janet
3:55 PM

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #818 on: January 16, 2008, 07:06:41 PM »

OPRAH - PART 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkQykmHv6TQ&feature=user

OPRAH - PART 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3FG0CmHnxA&feature=user
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #819 on: January 16, 2008, 07:08:30 PM »

The way that everybody had talked, I expected just a short
little segment, but it was a good long interview. IMO.
No evidence was given, but it was perfectly clear that J2K
were the responsible parties.  Oprah cut them no slack.
Beth was lovely as always and her outlook seemed positive.
I liked it.  Smile

I agree, thought it was well done Magnolia. I am sure Beth can't get too deep into the corruption thing as long as there is the possibility of prosecution. She does a great job in her book of letting the reader know what went down on One Devil's Island and I believe Oprah sold a lot of books for her today.

I think two things came through loud and clear in the program:

#1- Joran van der Sloot is the killer of Natalee Holloway.

#2- Aruba is a dangerous and unsafe place to spend your vacation.

When ever there is a choice of believing Beth Holloway or Joran van der Sloot 99.999% are going to go with Beth, and Joran only decreased his odds after making an ass out of himself on the Dutch television program, which got many times more coverage here than it did in Holland due to sheer population numbers.

Joran is a terrible poker player.

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.