April 20, 2024, 05:15:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alicia Amanda Stokes 33 Missing Oakland, CA 11-25-07  (Read 15835 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: January 14, 2008, 12:03:14 PM »

Alicia Amanda Stokes, who goes by Mandy, is 33 years old, 5'4" with blonde hair and green eyes. She was last seen on Sunday, November 25 at her home in Oakland. Her car was found abandoned containing her wallet and cell phone at 5000 Park Blvd, one freeway exit away from her home. If you have any information that could lead to Mandy's safe
return home to her family, please call 404-931-7044 or 702-318-1590 or the Oakland Police Department who is investigating her case.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 12:07:22 PM »

Homicide police join search for Oakland woman missing since Nov. 25
Thursday, December 20, 2007

Oakland -- Oakland police homicide investigators are helping in the search of a woman who hasn't been seen since she left her apartment near Lake Merritt almost a month ago.

Alicia Amanda Stokes, 33, was last seen Nov. 25 when she left her building on Merritt Avenue, authorities said. Two days later, her locked 2001 Honda Accord was towed away for blocking traffic on the 5000 block of Park Boulevard in East Oakland, about 2 miles from her home. Inside the car - which had a dead battery - were Stokes' cell phone, wallet and iPod, police and relatives said.

On Friday, police and crime-scene technicians searched the apartment she shared with her younger brother in hope of finding clues to her whereabouts. Stokes, who goes by "Mandy," is considered a missing person, but homicide investigators have been called in to help, police said Wednesday.

Homicide Lt. Ersie Joyner would not say Wednesday whether police think Stokes was the victim of a crime.

"We did serve a warrant at her residence looking for biological evidence and we still need the community's help with any information in regards to her disappearance," he said.

Family members said Stokes had an argument with her brother shortly before she vanished, but they discounted the possibility that he had anything to with her disappearance. She left their apartment between 8 and 10 a.m. on Nov. 25 and never returned.

"I do feel like she's still alive," Stokes' mother, Deborah Murray of Atlanta, said Wednesday. "It's possible that somebody could have taken her. She could have memory loss. Maybe she's at a homeless shelter."

It's also possible that Stokes is "a little bit depressed," because the anniversary of her father's death was Dec. 3, Murray said.

"It's not like her to not call her family, so that's what is the most concerning," said Stokes' cousin Aubrey Ness, 24, of San Francisco.

Murray said she last spoke to her daughter early Nov. 25, a Sunday morning.

Stokes was taking psychology classes at John F. Kennedy University in Pleasant Hill but had put her studies on hold. She was planning to move back East to be closer to her family and had begun packing when she disappeared, Murray said.

Genna Stokes, 19, of San Francisco said the family is "really worried," but that she believes her sister is alive.

"I know that they don't have any proof that she's not alive," she said of homicide investigators. "I think (their participation) is maybe just to give it more opportunity to do more things, like investigate the apartment."

Genna Stokes said she's wearing her sister's favorite green jade necklace as a sign of hope.

Relatives and Stokes' boyfriend, who lives in New York, have scoured Dimond Park alongside Park Boulevard and passed out flyers in the area and along Grand Avenue, where Stokes used to work at a cafe, as well as in Berkeley and San Francisco.

Stokes is white, 5 foot 4, weighs 120 pounds and has blond hair and green eyes.

Anyone with information is asked to call Oakland police at (510) 238-3641.
http://0-www.sfgate.com.mill1.sjlibrary.org/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/12/20/BARPU1E83.DTL

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 12:30:53 PM »

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:728257577&start=2

Very long article

A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 12:58:50 PM »

Good catch, Nut!  I live in the Bay Area and have not seen anything about this in the local press.  At all.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 08:54:25 AM »

Seems that link isn't working now. This one does>  http://**?source=rss
and that was updated 01/14/2008 01:01:22 PM PST

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 07:35:10 PM »

Still missing.

http://www.projectjason.org/forums/index.php?topic=2151.0;topicseen

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tina Bee
Scared Monkey

Hassani Campbell *Still Missing*

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009, 05:44:14 PM »

Oakland, Ca....very bad place to live.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 03:16:27 PM »

Yes it is..Or can be..
She could be a victim of almost anything.. The fact that they found her wallet and cell phone says she was taken for other reasons..

East oakland is a war zone of Black gang members..

I hate when we have to work in that area.. Most everyone is armed.   
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2010, 09:38:08 AM »

Mandy Stokes' Mother Desperate for Answers in Daughter's Disappearance
March 19, 2010

Deborah Murray is a heartbroken mother. Her daughter, 35-year-old Alicia Amanda "Mandy" Stokes, went missing in November 2007 and has not been seen since. Deborah said her daughter's sudden and unexplained disappearance has damaged her heart and her soul.

"Not knowing is the worst," Deborah said in an interview with Investigation Discovery. "You have that little bit of hope that maybe she is still out there, but at the same time you can't help but think the worst."

Mandy was last seen at an apartment she shared with her 28-year-old brother, Aaron Stokes, in Oakland, California, on the afternoon of Nov. 25, 2007. Neighbors overheard the siblings having an argument that lasted for several hours. Aaron later described it as a small tiff. He said he was in the shower when his sister left to run some errands and that she said she would be right back

"I yelled from the shower 'I love you ...' She just tapped on the door and said goodbye," Aaron said in an interview with insidebayarea.com.

Mandy reportedly walked out the door of their Merritt Avenue apartment and drove off in her 2001 Honda Accord. Where she went or who she saw after that remains a mystery. She never returned.

According to Deborah, Mandy's boyfriend later said that he spoke with her while she was in the car driving, but the call was cut short because she either lost service or the cell phone was turned off.

Two days later, Mandy's vehicle was found abandoned by a ravine near Leimert Blvd.

"Her car was found locked, with her cell phone and wallet in the glove compartment," Deborah said.

Mandy was declared a missing person and an investigation was launched by the Oakland Police Department.

"No one has heard from or seen her since," Deborah said. "There has been no activity on her cell phone or bank account. Up until she disappeared, we never went a day without talking unless she was camping or otherwise unavailable. It is not like her not to communicate with someone in the family, especially me, but not one person has seen or heard from her since the morning she went missing."

The investigation into Mandy's disappearance continued over the course of the next several weeks and in December 2007, investigators announced that forensic technicians had collected potential evidence from her apartment. As a result, the case was transferred to the homicide division.

"We move cases from missing persons to the homicide section when think there's some elements of foul play," Sgt. Derwin Longmire from the Oakland Police told abclocal.go.com.

Longmire would not disclose what the "potential evidence" was.

According to Aaron, Oakland Police subjected him to a nine-hour interrogation about his sister's disappearance.

"I tried to talk to them, but they kept railroading and accusing me," Aaron told the Oakland Tribune.

In an interview with the same media outlet, Sgt. Longmire said Aaron was interviewed because he was "one of the last people to speak with Amanda Stokes."

When asked whether they had a suspect or person of interest in the case, Longmire said police are "not looking at anyone in particular."

Despite Longmire's statement, Deborah feels like suspicion has been cast on her son.

"I want to clear his name of the suspicion," she said. "I know he didn't kill her. I know he loves his sister."

Today, the status of the case remains cold. Investigators have said there is little they can do until new evidence or leads surface. Despite this, Deborah is determined to uncover the truth. She has networked online about the case, physically searched and posted countless missing person flyers.

"Perhaps someone may hear or see this story of a beautiful young woman," Deborah said. "Maybe they saw her, maybe someone may remember that Thanksgiving weekend or someone may decide to come forward that knows something. Our family and friends need to know, we need to find Mandy, we need to know [and] we need closure."

Alicia Amanda "Mandy" Stokes is described as a white female, 5'4" tall, 120 lbs., with blondish-brown hair and green eyes. She has a tattoo on one of her wrists, a belly button piercing, two piercings in each of her ears and a small birthmark on one of her thighs. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Oakland Police Department at 510-238-3641.

http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2010/03/alicia-amanda-stokes.html

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2010, 06:00:24 PM »

" Deborah feels like suspicion has been cast on her son.

"I want to clear his name of the suspicion," she said. "I know he didn't kill her. I know he loves his sister."
""""""""""""

Dear Deborah

I want to know that I feel terrible for your loss and would really like to help you. But if you can't wake up to the fact that IT IS very possible of her brother doing harm to his sister, then I think you may never find the correct answer because you won't be able to accept it..
 You have to be willing to except the worst if it were to happen.
Then you can open to discovery and eliminate him by tacking evidence that supports his innocence or Guilt and be able to accept either one.

2007... She was murdered... JMHO.

WHO, Who murdered her ?
WHAT, What method was used to murder her ? What witness ? What evidence ?
WHEN, When exactly did the murder happen ? When did the car go into the ravine ?
WHY, Why was she murdered ?

Statistically What are the demographics of the area she was in ? Oakland..
Which means ANYTHING is possible. JMHO

People,
 http://oaklandca.areaconnect.com/statistics.htm
Crime,
 http://oaklandca.areaconnect.com/crime1.htm

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 06:56:26 PM »

NamUs Profile for Alicia: https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/5341

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.