April 30, 2024, 02:27:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #713 1/16 - 1/20/08  (Read 320297 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #380 on: January 18, 2008, 01:47:42 AM »

Goodnight everyone.  TGIF

Nite TM, was it something I said?

No way, bearlyhere!  Wish I could stay here all night and still function at work but I'm getting too old for that I guess.  So off to monkey bunkey I must go!  Keep the cage rockin', I'll catch up tomorrow.

Work--that nasty 4 letter word.  I think Klaas will have to delete it.

Shocked Shocked Shocked

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #381 on: January 18, 2008, 01:51:59 AM »

Anna, I also like your names.  Although I like FrozenBrokenHair, I also like HairdresserRunsWithScissors.

Even BlindHairdresserRunsWithScirrors might apply to that Kelly person's coif.  She is a real mess.  Note they are also claiming great poverty I suppose as a way to discourage suits for what they say.  But I'd have to say Jug Twitty would have a very good one and there is nothing to prevent a judgment against any future earnings these two might have from their house smudging activities.

Hard to believe a Minister of Justice of any country would be validating the claims of house smudgers.  Maybe they smudged Rudy's domicile for free or something.

Look at her tan.  She didn't get that while pounding the pavements looking for a job.

Wink

I believe in miracles!
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #382 on: January 18, 2008, 01:56:21 AM »

another 35 plus people that are NOT going to aruba....heheheheeh

single handedly stopped by one ROBOTS

ohhhhhhhhhhhh  myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

im a wanted robots by a travel agency

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

like a i really give a S _ _ _

35 people going to florida !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So....tell us how one Robots could accomplish such a miracle,

you go speak at a high school that was a planning a trip to aruba

and you simply tell the truth 

this was a victory

-------------

the other day at the denstist i talked with a lady who was going to aruba and there was no talking her into anything else. she was going and that was final

i told her to be careful, she thought i was crazy

Good Thinking Robots.  What a clever idea.   

i hate aruba and everything on it

with a passion
i would do almost to make it disappear  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Robots!!  Way to go!! 

It's amazing what one person can do when they set their mind to the task.

Keep up the good work!   

Yippee for Robots! Very Happy Very Happy

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #383 on: January 18, 2008, 02:01:04 AM »

They must do all that house smudging in the full sunlight.  Seems to be having the same effect on her skin as on Julia Renfro's.  They have the same prune look to them, IMO.

I was reading that statement about tourism.  Is this yet another threat?  Could this be what the kook parade is all about, countering?

Minister Briesen: We were strongly hit by this incident. Unfortunately last year, they’ve closed the case. But in the Dutch justice system, the case is not close. It will remain a silent, open case should any lead come in. We have spent a lot of money bringing in experts from day one to the last day of December 2007, including Dutch investigation experts. We heard the mother and the Holloway family will seek publicity again in the US, which we’ll have to counter.

---------

That sounds sort of like a threat of some sort.  Why would they have to counter anything and what family problems is he talking about?  Obviously, Rudy Croes is not the only official who is endorsing the loon brigade.

It seems to be the official Aruban position on this investigation.  This has to be their worst move yet, pretending to believe these crackpots just so they can smear their victim and her family.  Really is hard to see the good in an island that allows people like this man and Rudy Croes to represent them.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #384 on: January 18, 2008, 02:14:51 AM »

They must do all that house smudging in the full sunlight.  Seems to be having the same effect on her skin as on Julia Renfro's.  They have the same prune look to them, IMO.

I was reading that statement about tourism.  Is this yet another threat?  Could this be what the kook parade is all about, countering?

Minister Briesen: We were strongly hit by this incident. Unfortunately last year, they’ve closed the case. But in the Dutch justice system, the case is not close. It will remain a silent, open case should any lead come in. We have spent a lot of money bringing in experts from day one to the last day of December 2007, including Dutch investigation experts. We heard the mother and the Holloway family will seek publicity again in the US, which we’ll have to counter.

---------

That sounds sort of like a threat of some sort.  Why would they have to counter anything and what family problems is he talking about?  Obviously, Rudy Croes is not the only official who is endorsing the loon brigade.

It seems to be the official Aruban position on this investigation.  This has to be their worst move yet, pretending to believe these crackpots just so they can smear their victim and her family.  Really is hard to see the good in an island that allows people like this man and Rudy Croes to represent them.

I have to agree with you, Anna, as usual.  I enjoy reading your posts as you speak with such eloquence.  You speak from your heart, if not from the very bottom of your soul.  You are also very knowledgeable in current events and take your position from an educated point of view.

This nonsense is a real slap in the face, not only to those it is directed at, but to anyone with even the smallest amount of brain cells.  I would be insulted if I were an Aruban, that the people who are supposed to be keeping me safe could even buy into this for a nanosecond.

The other thing this does is make any case Arubans might think they have fly out the window.  Who would want to align themselves with this trash?

Natalee was looking forward to coming home and continuing with her life, anyone can see that.

I am pretty sure the reason that we don't see anyone on the beach cams is due to factors we haven't thought about yet.  You saw the Wizard of Oz, you know what happens when people like that get near the water.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #385 on: January 18, 2008, 02:31:55 AM »

I have devoted a lot of my time to Native Americans.  I also have the priveledge of knowing the Chief of the Cherokee Nation.  I attend many ceremonies, have done prayer ties, visited schools, have many friends who go on resevations after having established schools in their area.  I could go on and on talking about participating in ceremonies blessing the earth, watching their spiritual dancing and drumming, but I am going to stop here.  I have never, ever seen one of them act like the two who washed up on the shores of Aruba. 

I think they are an insult to Native Americans everywhere and I hope the Tribes and Nations let them know just what they think.  I have never seen one Native American practice the evil that those two talk about or spew the vile untruths they spout.  Native Americans are a very spiritual people very much unlike those quacks that landed in Aruba.  I have seen poor, I have seen oppressed and believe me, they don't have money to spare to fly to Aruba and spout lies.  They are busy taking care of their own and the earth.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #386 on: January 18, 2008, 02:36:30 AM »

Klaas, not only are you the Queen of the Monkeys, you are now the Queen of Clean after your shower.

I am going back to read Dr. Hodges website.  The dedication of everyone mentioned there is beyond comprehension.  It made me teary and that is what prompted my outrage.

BH

I believe in miracles!
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #387 on: January 18, 2008, 02:55:03 AM »

Hello all

Was waiting for a youtube link to load that was a few pages back.. I looked at the other youtubes's video list about Joran thowing the wine. Here are the number of views listed on just 3 of them... and Aruba and the Dutch think this is going away???

Number of views for just 3 out of the many youtube's videos of Joran throwing the wine

I feel sorry for the ones in Aruba who had nothing to do with the cronyism, cover up, corruption and elitism. Sad

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #388 on: January 18, 2008, 03:05:24 AM »

Holloway family will seek publicity again in the US, which we’ll have to counter.

Joe Tacopino must be tied up with something that pays better.  "We have hired experts.."  Does that include the grungy beachcomber that Joe took with him under the guise of pathology expert, or Steve Cohen, who slipped up on Dr. Phil and blamed the 3 amigoes, or is it Medley Relay who seems to have relayed some useless information, some of which seemed litiginous at the very least.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Helen Back
Monkey Junky

« Reply #389 on: January 18, 2008, 03:13:27 AM »

---------

I have to agree with you, Anna, as usual.  I enjoy reading your posts as you speak with such eloquence.  You speak from your heart, if not from the very bottom of your soul.  You are also very knowledgeable in current events and take your position from an educated point of view.

This nonsense is a real slap in the face, not only to those it is directed at, but to anyone with even the smallest amount of brain cells.  I would be insulted if I were an Aruban, that the people who are supposed to be keeping me safe could even buy into this for a nanosecond.

The other thing this does is make any case Arubans might think they have fly out the window.  Who would want to align themselves with this trash?

Natalee was looking forward to coming home and continuing with her life, anyone can see that.

I am pretty sure the reason that we don't see anyone on the beach cams is due to factors we haven't thought about yet.  You saw the Wizard of Oz, you know what happens when people like that get near the water.

Well, it's 2:30 am here and I can't sleep, I'm so PO'd.  So I'm back to speak my mind, and I apologize in advance to the few monkeys that are still here and have to put up with my rant.

I can't believe that I have spent one minute standing up for the decent Arubans.  I feel like an ass for having felt that there must be good people there who were just caught up in this mess.  I made all kinds of excuses thinking they were not aware of the most of the trauma and hate inflicted on Natalee and her family. 

What has happened on the blogs, well, I wrote it off to a handful of crackpots. 

This is different.  The idea that this ridiculous garbage was placed on the news in Aruba, and printed in the newspapers goes way beyond a handful of nutbags.

I'm done standing up for caring Aruban citizens of integrity and honor who may or may not even be there.  If the citizens of Aruba do not make a stand, and protest in the street, about this insane attack on a victim and her family, they deserve whatever they get. 

I said there was no real boycott, because I'm tired of Beth and Dave taking the blame for that.  I preferred to soften it by thinking it's just millions of us choosing to go somewhere else.  I was wrong.  They deserve a boycott until Hell freezes over. 

I have lost all respect for the place and will try to hang onto what little compassion I feel for them at this moment.  I've been a real pansy on this board, and I could kick myself for ever being so easy on them.

If the citizens of Aruba allow this circus to continue, they deserve Chavez, the mafia, the drug runners, the predators, the corruption, the Van der Sloots, and all the shame that comes with them.

I can't defend the indefensible.  I can't even cut them any slack.  Who am I kidding?  If one of my children disappeared on Aruba, and my family was treated the way Beth, Dave, Jug, and the family have been treated, I would have already taken that place apart, one way or another.

Minister Briesen's comments are quite shocking, and demonstrate that this latest attack on Natalee's family must be a government strategy with many willing participants.  IMO, there will be a monumental backlash from the US, and if my change of heart is any indication of how most will react, Aruba is in for some very difficult days ahead.

End of rant.  Tomorrow is a new day.

Helen Back, ex-pansy

sirensong
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #390 on: January 18, 2008, 03:52:46 AM »

Brieson:"People from the tourism department have been moved to the justice department to help solve the disappearance. This incident has kept us ‘hostage’ for more than a year. In 2006, we even launched an ad campaign worth $5 M in the US to counter the negative broadcast"

The tourism department was investigating the crime, while they were spending 5M to counteract the publicity.  Oh, it all makes sense now!!   This is so sickening to read I could puke.   If all Americans knew of this lack of emotion regarding tourists and thier families, would they be  so ready to go?  Can they make themselve look any worse?  I wish the FBI would step up and admit to the general public that they really got no chance to do anything in Aruba. 
sirensong
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #391 on: January 18, 2008, 04:02:43 AM »

Helen, don't stop ranting!!  If I could write as well as you I would be ranting for 3 hours, I am so mad and upset.  I agree with you,  I don't think there are  a  whole lot of decent people on that island.   The government is atrocious and cares nothing about the good people of Aruba.   

Thanks for  the link to the  Hodges information and pictures, Klass.  I felt  like I was  there  with them looking at all the  landmarks. 

I sure  do  hope Jug can  sue  the people  spreading these vicious lies about Jug  and  Natalee.  Do  these  people have  no  shame?  I  guess money is all they have, and  without the tourist  money, they would have  to live with  themselves.
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #392 on: January 18, 2008, 07:54:27 AM »

I have devoted a lot of my time to Native Americans.  I also have the priveledge of knowing the Chief of the Cherokee Nation.  I attend many ceremonies, have done prayer ties, visited schools, have many friends who go on resevations after having established schools in their area.  I could go on and on talking about participating in ceremonies blessing the earth, watching their spiritual dancing and drumming, but I am going to stop here.  I have never, ever seen one of them act like the two who washed up on the shores of Aruba. 

I think they are an insult to Native Americans everywhere and I hope the Tribes and Nations let them know just what they think.  I have never seen one Native American practice the evil that those two talk about or spew the vile untruths they spout.  Native Americans are a very spiritual people very much unlike those quacks that landed in Aruba.  I have seen poor, I have seen oppressed and believe me, they don't have money to spare to fly to Aruba and spout lies.  They are busy taking care of their own and the earth.

Thanks bearly!!! I too have much respect for the Native Americans and their great sense of Spirituality. Love going to the Cherokee reservation in the Smokeys. and I am a "smudger" too!!! Had a hard time finding my sage, but good old Ebay saved me!! lol It's on the way and my house is going to get a good "cleaning" of all negative energy!!!  These two DO dishonor the Native Americans!!

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
Maggie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #393 on: January 18, 2008, 08:25:53 AM »

I just wanted to bring this over from the search thread.

God bless you all!

Please be careful. Trusting the Aruban government can prove fatal. I find it interesting that the Aruban Port Authority would contact you at 2100, 9pm, about a missing boat. Had they no one else to send for rescue? 9pm? Then they send you a different set of coordinates? I know you have to do the right thing and pursue the lost boat, but I think you might have been in an area searching where they didn't want you to be or they just wanted to cost you a night's work. I also worry they might try to harm the Persistance. I sincerely hope I am wrong but felt the need to tell you my concerns.

"Well behaved women seldom make history..." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #394 on: January 18, 2008, 08:37:38 AM »

The second I read Kyle's words on the distress call I thought the same thing. I will be checking news sources of this throughout the morning. I TRUST NO ONE!! It is just like them to think it would be funny to send the search crew on a wild goose chase for a non-emergency.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #395 on: January 18, 2008, 08:43:13 AM »

Brieson:"People from the tourism department have been moved to the justice department to help solve the disappearance. This incident has kept us ‘hostage’ for more than a year. In 2006, we even launched an ad campaign worth $5 M in the US to counter the negative broadcast
.[/b]
That says it all in a nutshell!! This quote should be the hallmark of any "activities" we do here in the U.S.

Helen Back
Monkey Junky

« Reply #396 on: January 18, 2008, 09:02:31 AM »

Brieson:"People from the tourism department have been moved to the justice department to help solve the disappearance. This incident has kept us ‘hostage’ for more than a year. In 2006, we even launched an ad campaign worth $5 M in the US to counter the negative broadcast
.[/b]
That says it all in a nutshell!! This quote should be the hallmark of any "activities" we do here in the U.S.

Morning Wreck and all monkeys,

Can you believe this is in print for us to distribute?  Unbelieveable, but explains why there is NO EVIDENCE!

Thanks to PearlinUSA for bringing over the article on Minister Brieson.  It was the final straw for me and my compassion for the people of ARUBA!

I'll be traveling for a few days so you guys get a break from my tirades, but I'll still be peeping in.  Hold down the fort Monkeys....Things are heating up fast.

Helen Back

crazybabyborg
« Reply #397 on: January 18, 2008, 09:17:07 AM »

The second I read Kyle's words on the distress call I thought the same thing. I will be checking news sources of this throughout the morning. I TRUST NO ONE!! It is just like them to think it would be funny to send the search crew on a wild goose chase for a non-emergency.

Yes, it would! I can't help but wonder if they were in the vacinity of where Natalee could be found when they were called off.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #398 on: January 18, 2008, 09:17:18 AM »

Brieson:"People from the tourism department have been moved to the justice department to help solve the disappearance. This incident has kept us ‘hostage’ for more than a year. In 2006, we even launched an ad campaign worth $5 M in the US to counter the negative broadcast.

Front page worthy!!!!!!!!! How about it, Red?

ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #399 on: January 18, 2008, 09:22:34 AM »

http://www.eturbonews.com/865/us-still-drives-business-aruba-after-holloway-case-closed

Aruba
US still drives business to Aruba after Holloway case closed
By Hazel Heyer | Jan 16, 2008
Nassau, Bahamas (eTN) -

Aruba’s recent tourism numbers are expected to look positive compared to previous years. Travel & Tourism in Aruba was expected to rake in US$2354.9 million in economic activity as of 2007 end. Aruba's Travel & Tourism Economy (direct and indirect impact) is expected to account for 70.1 percent of GDP and for 52000 jobs (82.4 percent of total employment), according to the World Travel & Tourism Council. Despite a highly-sensationalized case involving tourist Natalee Holloway, an Alabaman teenager who traveled to the island but mysteriously disappeared two years ago, Aruba's Travel & Tourism is expected to report 2.1 percent growth in 2007 and 3.3 percent per annum, in real terms, between 2008 and 2017.

With good news about Aruba reported by the tourism authorities, last December however, the media revisited an old, but not long- forgotten story. Prosecutors closed the case on Holloway’s disappearance in May 2005 on the Dutch Caribbean island. Authorities said they do not have evidence to charge suspects Joran van der Sloot and the Kalpoe brothers, Satish and Deepak, who were last seen with Holloway. They have been notified by the public prosecutor that they will not be charged. The press was abuzz with the latest developments.

eTN caught up with Aruba’s minister of tourism and transportation, Edison Briesen, who said the island is back in business despite the revival of the Holloway incident, which has become fodder for the media. In an exclusive interview at the Caribbean Hotel Association Marketplace held January 13-15 on Paradise Island, Bahamas, Briesen confirmed the US remains strong as its number one market.

eTN: How is the Aruban tourism industry reacting to the developments on the Holloway case being over?

Minister Briesen: We were strongly hit by this incident. Unfortunately last year, they’ve closed the case. But in the Dutch justice system, the case is not close. It will remain a silent, open case should any lead come in. We have spent a lot of money bringing in experts from day one to the last day of December 2007, including Dutch investigation experts. We heard the mother and the Holloway family will seek publicity again in the US, which we’ll have to counter.[/u]

From 2005 to early 2006, Aruba was badly hit by the incident due to the negative publicity. In October 2006, Aruba tourism recovered. I think we’ve turned the corner.

eTN: With an image of being a peaceful island on the Caribbean, why do you think this incident has been lingering and has continued to impact the tourism industry of Aruba?

Briesen: I don’t know about the family problems they have which seem to be the reason behind this case. In the Caribbean, this is the first time an island has been pounded this long by a single event. It’s been over a year and a half now and the publicity has not ended. I don’t know what other reasons there exist. We’ve opened our doors to help the family solve their issue. We’ve been cooperative and have spent a lot of government money on the investigation.

eTN: Could this have been a bad example of security loophole?

Briesen: We’ve had the FBI, the Aruban special task force, F16’s and special recovery vessels searching the island. Nothing turned up. It’s really a strange mystery. The island is so small, social ties are strong. Everybody knows everybody in Aruba. For us, this has been a mystery as well. Unfortunately, there is no closure just yet.

eTN
: Has this been a big challenge to tourism?

Briesen: Among all challenges we’ve faced, including airlift, US economy slowdown, gas prices etc, this particularly has taken up our time and resources. Everybody got involved in this case. People from the tourism department have been moved to the justice department to help solve the disappearance. This incident has kept us ‘hostage’ for more than a year. In 2006, we even launched an ad campaign worth $5 M in the US to counter the negative broadcast. On the other side of the coin, more people now know about Aruba. But I would not want Aruba to be known in the same way Iraq is known. One reason why we think it has been a hard blow to us.We are the safest island in the  entire western hemisphere. Things like this don’t happen in Aruba.

eTN: Do you want closure for the family?

Briesen: Of course, we went out of our way to help them. We’ve been very cooperative.

eTN: What message do you have for the US travelers?

Briesen: What happened in Aruba has given us and the Caribbean a hard lesson to learn, which has become for us and everybody a model for crisis management on the islands. This is one case which we, as a member of the Caribbean Tourism Organization, have learned from and employed as a crisis model. We’ve received support from the CTO and the CHA through the years, with sustaining the US market, our loyal clients for over 30 years. Three of four visitors to Aruba are Americans. This is a case that boggles us. But we’d like to forget and move on.We got tremendous support from the US market. Forty-two percent of our rooms are timeshare, booked primarily by Americans. They’ve They’ve helped us turn the corner so Aruba can move on

this makes me sick to my stomach!!!!

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.