April 30, 2024, 02:19:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #713 1/16 - 1/20/08  (Read 320296 times)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #400 on: January 18, 2008, 09:35:37 AM »

I think it's time we got organized and focused on a well orchestrated effort to impact American tourism in Aruba. That's the appropriate response to this BS. We need to set specific goals and do what is necessary to accomplish them. I think that persuading our government to list Aruba as an "unrecommended" for safety reasons, travel destination should be one of them. I also think that whatever national travel agency association there is, should be well informed of the crime that exists on the island and attempts be made to secure a commitment to keep Aruba on a list for unrecommended travel. I also think that any show that gives vacations to Aruba as a prize should hear from each of us, along with letters to the sponsors of the show vowing to discontinue use of their products.
jackb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #401 on: January 18, 2008, 10:10:11 AM »

The two psychics on Telearuba yesterday (no wonder Renfro doesn't like them):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25-LfFkzgas

Like I said:  These two need a real job.  They work so hard not to work.     jack blue

I guess there was a disturbance in the force that blocked what their hairdressers would do to them, huh?
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #402 on: January 18, 2008, 10:11:22 AM »

I agree Lisa, makes me sick too. This also will surely make you ill as well. A reader comments at 24ora in the article w/ the 2 freaks and their disinformation....
http://www.24ora.com/content/view/3504/5/#jc_allComments
READER:
smc said:
  Living here, working here in tourism, and also being from the USA, I must say, has been SOME FORM OF MEDEVIL TORTURE during the Natalie Holloway disgrace. I have followed every piece of print as well as Television coverage on this whole mess. I have been questioned and actually had to defend myself and my country(ARUBA) to my own countrymen (Americans). How awful is that? I could never imagine Arubian law enforsement getting access to FBI records, so why should the FBI feel that they COULD come here and throw their weight around and try to intimidate our investigation. I hope that all that I have heard in the last two days becomes true fact, so that I can, oncce and for all say HA HA HA, AND GET THE LAST LAUGH ON THEM ! I love America and my people, but shut up about this crap, I am sick of hearing about 'THE ARUBA THING" 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #403 on: January 18, 2008, 10:50:32 AM »

Funny we are hearing no breaking news of a boat in distress....eh?? I have checked multiple sources from around the islands...nothing I can find , so far. I think the Persistence was duped 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #404 on: January 18, 2008, 10:52:11 AM »

we are alone with NO MODERATOR!! HEHEHE

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #405 on: January 18, 2008, 10:52:41 AM »

Funny we are hearing no breaking news of a boat in distress....eh?? I have checked multiple sources from around the islands...nothing I can find , so far. I think the Persistence was duped 

I can't find anything either
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #406 on: January 18, 2008, 10:52:59 AM »

oops..... Klaas is back  Cool

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #407 on: January 18, 2008, 10:55:28 AM »

we are alone with NO MODERATOR!! HEHEHE

FYI - I sent 5 more Monkey emoticons to Dugga last night to add.  Hopefully he'll get them added soon.   
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #408 on: January 18, 2008, 10:55:57 AM »

Brieson:"People from the tourism department have been moved to the justice department to help solve the disappearance. This incident has kept us ‘hostage’ for more than a year. In 2006, we even launched an ad campaign worth $5 M in the US to counter the negative broadcast"

The tourism department was investigating the crime, while they were spending 5M to counteract the publicity.  Oh, it all makes sense now!!   This is so sickening to read I could puke.   If all Americans knew of this lack of emotion regarding tourists and thier families, would they be  so ready to go?  Can they make themselve look any worse?  I wish the FBI would step up and admit to the general public that they really got no chance to do anything in Aruba. 
Well, that is 5M of the 10M they claimed they spent on "finding Natalee"!

Everything they do and did, all their efforts, money, time, etc is/was for appearance. Never on actually doing anything.

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #409 on: January 18, 2008, 11:04:08 AM »

I can't find anything either

Not surprising at all after all the wild goose chases they sent the family and searchers on. Does anyone think some are getting nervous?
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #410 on: January 18, 2008, 11:12:49 AM »

They must do all that house smudging in the full sunlight.  Seems to be having the same effect on her skin as on Julia Renfro's.  They have the same prune look to them, IMO.

I was reading that statement about tourism.  Is this yet another threat?  Could this be what the kook parade is all about, countering?

Minister Briesen: We were strongly hit by this incident. Unfortunately last year, they’ve closed the case. But in the Dutch justice system, the case is not close. It will remain a silent, open case should any lead come in. We have spent a lot of money bringing in experts from day one to the last day of December 2007, including Dutch investigation experts. We heard the mother and the Holloway family will seek publicity again in the US, which we’ll have to counter.

---------

That sounds sort of like a threat of some sort.  Why would they have to counter anything and what family problems is he talking about?  Obviously, Rudy Croes is not the only official who is endorsing the loon brigade.

It seems to be the official Aruban position on this investigation.  This has to be their worst move yet, pretending to believe these crackpots just so they can smear their victim and her family.  Really is hard to see the good in an island that allows people like this man and Rudy Croes to represent them.

I have to agree with you, Anna, as usual.  I enjoy reading your posts as you speak with such eloquence.  You speak from your heart, if not from the very bottom of your soul.  You are also very knowledgeable in current events and take your position from an educated point of view.

This nonsense is a real slap in the face, not only to those it is directed at, but to anyone with even the smallest amount of brain cells.  I would be insulted if I were an Aruban, that the people who are supposed to be keeping me safe could even buy into this for a nanosecond.

The other thing this does is make any case Arubans might think they have fly out the window.  Who would want to align themselves with this trash?

Natalee was looking forward to coming home and continuing with her life, anyone can see that.

I am pretty sure the reason that we don't see anyone on the beach cams is due to factors we haven't thought about yet.  You saw the Wizard of Oz, you know what happens when people like that get near the water.

Well, it's 2:30 am here and I can't sleep, I'm so PO'd.  So I'm back to speak my mind, and I apologize in advance to the few monkeys that are still here and have to put up with my rant.

I can't believe that I have spent one minute standing up for the decent Arubans.  I feel like an ass for having felt that there must be good people there who were just caught up in this mess.  I made all kinds of excuses thinking they were not aware of the most of the trauma and hate inflicted on Natalee and her family. 

What has happened on the blogs, well, I wrote it off to a handful of crackpots. 

This is different.  The idea that this ridiculous garbage was placed on the news in Aruba, and printed in the newspapers goes way beyond a handful of nutbags.

I'm done standing up for caring Aruban citizens of integrity and honor who may or may not even be there.  If the citizens of Aruba do not make a stand, and protest in the street, about this insane attack on a victim and her family, they deserve whatever they get. 

I said there was no real boycott, because I'm tired of Beth and Dave taking the blame for that.  I preferred to soften it by thinking it's just millions of us choosing to go somewhere else.  I was wrong.  They deserve a boycott until Hell freezes over. 

I have lost all respect for the place and will try to hang onto what little compassion I feel for them at this moment.  I've been a real pansy on this board, and I could kick myself for ever being so easy on them.

If the citizens of Aruba allow this circus to continue, they deserve Chavez, the mafia, the drug runners, the predators, the corruption, the Van der Sloots, and all the shame that comes with them.

I can't defend the indefensible.  I can't even cut them any slack.  Who am I kidding?  If one of my children disappeared on Aruba, and my family was treated the way Beth, Dave, Jug, and the family have been treated, I would have already taken that place apart, one way or another.

Minister Briesen's comments are quite shocking, and demonstrate that this latest attack on Natalee's family must be a government strategy with many willing participants.  IMO, there will be a monumental backlash from the US, and if my change of heart is any indication of how most will react, Aruba is in for some very difficult days ahead.

End of rant.  Tomorrow is a new day.

Helen Back, ex-pansy

Helen,
I love this post!
You're not alone in this pain and realization. Many of us know what you are saying.

In our defense it is b/c we are good people and have no concept of this breed or behavior.

I swear that I actually thought that the arubans would at least appreciate the fact that there was a group of people (Natalee's family,us,etc) trying to get criminals off their streets and get rid of ineffective and corrupt ale. But they just attacked us. It must F with their "system".  B/c it is just appearance that they are civilized and just an appearance of a legal system.

PS love the WomanWithCrazyClownHair!!!!!
How about WeedManWhoLooksLikePopeye!

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #411 on: January 18, 2008, 11:13:31 AM »

I hope they are nervous, but the game playing needs to cease. This is all so out of control. It is insane.

MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #412 on: January 18, 2008, 11:18:11 AM »

Thanks Nut….smc probably didn’t warrant a reply, but I’m feeling a little mouthy this morning after reading all the trash coming out of Aruba…..if smc doen't read here, maybe someone with that same mentality does....

smc said:
  Living here, working here in tourism, and also being from the USA, I must say, has been SOME FORM OF MEDEVIL TORTURE during the Natalie Holloway disgrace. I have followed every piece of print as well as Television coverage on this whole mess. I have been questioned and actually had to defend myself and my country(ARUBA) to my own countrymen (Americans). How awful is that? I could never imagine Arubian law enforsement getting access to FBI records, so why should the FBI feel that they COULD come here and throw their weight around and try to intimidate our investigation. I hope that all that I have heard in the last two days becomes true fact, so that I can, oncce and for all say HA HA HA, AND GET THE LAST LAUGH ON THEM ! I love America and my people, but shut up about this crap, I am sick of hearing about 'THE ARUBA THING" 

I say….Aruba is a disgrace……

If smc did indeed follow every piece of print and TV coverage, he/she/it would know that there is way more to Natalee’s disappearence than most Americans know about! IIRC the FBI was invited by the Aruban authorities and then shunned, not told where to search, denied permits and were not given any information that would indeed help the investigation. What a farce. Is that what you, the general populace were told, that the FBI intimidated your investigaters?

So if you are sick of hearing about it, maybe you should stand up and tell the world all the things you heard on the street and on your radio stations, while we were told over and over that we didn’t understand your system and fed garbage from corrupt officials. Expose the underbelly of Aruba so that the country can move forward.

Instead of blaming Natalee, her family, her friends, America and it’s press, put the blame where it belongs….on Aruba. Is one stupid dutch boy and his father worth all this? Well maybe you’ll change your mind when you don’t have that job in tourism anymore!

And, yes, this has been awful. Awful for Natalee, her family and for her friends. If it’s has been awful for Aruba and Arubans….you only have yourselves to blame.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #413 on: January 18, 2008, 11:42:39 AM »

BRAVO MUM!!!

snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #414 on: January 18, 2008, 11:51:13 AM »

Good Morning Everybody!!

I guess no one has heard about the sailboat "Michelle" who was reported adrift near Curacao/Aruba last night?  I couldn't help but be sceptical last night when I read about it that The Persistence had been sent on a wild goose chase.  I wonder if the Aruba Port Authority had ships in the water searching?

Why does it appear that the Aruba authority's always want someone else to do their work for them?  Maybe I've become jaded, but I just don't trust anything that comes out of Aruba's mouth.

I think some people are getting very nervous about the search.  I do believe that the Persistence will find and bring Natalee home.  Last nights post from OE was very encouraging for me.  I need hope.

For months I begged some of the good Arabian people that use to post here to stand up, and do something to stop their corrupt government.  To demand justice.  It has become very clear to me that people are afraid.  I understand that, and it seems like they have every reason to be.  But Freedom has a price.  Corruption also has a price.

I'm a very tenderhearted person.  I've always been for the underdog.  But folks when I see and hear the continual lies and ugliness coming from the few despicable people in Aruba I just don't care anymore what happens to the island.  I never had much use for weak-kneed Lilly livered people to begin with.  So if the average Arubian wants to continue to let these trashy people represent them then so be it.  The consequences are upon them.  They have allowed this to happen. 

And I get so sick when I hear our own media say that the investigation failed because of incompetence.  There's no incompetence.  This has been from the small hours of May 30, 2005 a corrupt investigation/coverup.  And it would have been effective had it not been for Beth.  Thank God for that woman.  Beth has not done any damage to Aruba.  They have done it to themselves.

All they had to do was give justice to a precious 18 year old girl from Alabama.  They've sold themselves.  Now they must pay the debt.

A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches; and loving favour rather than silver or gold.  Proverbs 22:1

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.  Teddy Roosevelt.
greeneyedlady
Monkey Junky

« Reply #415 on: January 18, 2008, 12:05:48 PM »

FRom BFN:

LegallyLex

Re: The Search for Natalee Holloway Blogspot
« Reply #341 on: Today at 10:52:04 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I posted a post and it didn't come up!

Anyway, reiterating what I said which now will not be so good, L! You have all see Kyle's blog about the Michelle.  They were very lost and it turns out that they were closer to Curacao than they were to Aruba.  Therefore, the Persistence turned around and Curacao had to pick up the call!
The crew are very focused and will not go astray, I can tell you that! After all this time their spirits are high and they have not become pessimistic! (IMO they are all my heroes).

I hope this gets through!  Have a good day everyone!

"No man has a good enough memory to make a successful liar" Abraham Lincoln
bc73
Scared Monkey

« Reply #416 on: January 18, 2008, 12:25:50 PM »

I think it's great Aruba spent over 5 million on this case. What they need to understand, they have spent millions more covering up the truth. They can give me any numbers they want, they lost five of my family members visiting twice a year. Every individual boycott will count in the long run....
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #417 on: January 18, 2008, 12:27:40 PM »

Curacao hasn't reported on it at all. There is an email out to Jossy from a BFN'er w/ the question if it was for real or not...I will wait to hear from Jossy on this one.

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #418 on: January 18, 2008, 12:50:46 PM »

http://www.eturbonews.com/865/us-still-drives-business-aruba-after-holloway-case-closed

Aruba
US still drives business to Aruba after Holloway case closed
By Hazel Heyer | Jan 16, 2008
Nassau, Bahamas (eTN) -

Aruba’s recent tourism numbers are expected to look positive compared to previous years. Travel & Tourism in Aruba was expected to rake in US$2354.9 million in economic activity as of 2007 end. Aruba's Travel & Tourism Economy (direct and indirect impact) is expected to account for 70.1 percent of GDP and for 52000 jobs (82.4 percent of total employment), according to the World Travel & Tourism Council. Despite a highly-sensationalized case involving tourist Natalee Holloway, an Alabaman teenager who traveled to the island but mysteriously disappeared two years ago, Aruba's Travel & Tourism is expected to report 2.1 percent growth in 2007 and 3.3 percent per annum, in real terms, between 2008 and 2017.

With good news about Aruba reported by the tourism authorities, last December however, the media revisited an old, but not long- forgotten story. Prosecutors closed the case on Holloway’s disappearance in May 2005 on the Dutch Caribbean island. Authorities said they do not have evidence to charge suspects Joran van der Sloot and the Kalpoe brothers, Satish and Deepak, who were last seen with Holloway. They have been notified by the public prosecutor that they will not be charged. The press was abuzz with the latest developments.

eTN caught up with Aruba’s minister of tourism and transportation, Edison Briesen, who said the island is back in business despite the revival of the Holloway incident, which has become fodder for the media. In an exclusive interview at the Caribbean Hotel Association Marketplace held January 13-15 on Paradise Island, Bahamas, Briesen confirmed the US remains strong as its number one market.

eTN: How is the Aruban tourism industry reacting to the developments on the Holloway case being over?

Minister Briesen: We were strongly hit by this incident. Unfortunately last year, they’ve closed the case. But in the Dutch justice system, the case is not close. It will remain a silent, open case should any lead come in. We have spent a lot of money bringing in experts from day one to the last day of December 2007, including Dutch investigation experts. We heard the mother and the Holloway family will seek publicity again in the US, which we’ll have to counter.[/u]

From 2005 to early 2006, Aruba was badly hit by the incident due to the negative publicity. In October 2006, Aruba tourism recovered. I think we’ve turned the corner.

eTN: With an image of being a peaceful island on the Caribbean, why do you think this incident has been lingering and has continued to impact the tourism industry of Aruba?

Briesen: I don’t know about the family problems they have which seem to be the reason behind this case. In the Caribbean, this is the first time an island has been pounded this long by a single event. It’s been over a year and a half now and the publicity has not ended. I don’t know what other reasons there exist. We’ve opened our doors to help the family solve their issue. We’ve been cooperative and have spent a lot of government money on the investigation.

eTN: Could this have been a bad example of security loophole?

Briesen: We’ve had the FBI, the Aruban special task force, F16’s and special recovery vessels searching the island. Nothing turned up. It’s really a strange mystery. The island is so small, social ties are strong. Everybody knows everybody in Aruba. For us, this has been a mystery as well. Unfortunately, there is no closure just yet.

eTN
: Has this been a big challenge to tourism?

Briesen: Among all challenges we’ve faced, including airlift, US economy slowdown, gas prices etc, this particularly has taken up our time and resources. Everybody got involved in this case. People from the tourism department have been moved to the justice department to help solve the disappearance. This incident has kept us ‘hostage’ for more than a year. In 2006, we even launched an ad campaign worth $5 M in the US to counter the negative broadcast. On the other side of the coin, more people now know about Aruba. But I would not want Aruba to be known in the same way Iraq is known. One reason why we think it has been a hard blow to us.We are the safest island in the  entire western hemisphere. Things like this don’t happen in Aruba.

eTN: Do you want closure for the family?

Briesen: Of course, we went out of our way to help them. We’ve been very cooperative.

eTN: What message do you have for the US travelers?

Briesen: What happened in Aruba has given us and the Caribbean a hard lesson to learn, which has become for us and everybody a model for crisis management on the islands. This is one case which we, as a member of the Caribbean Tourism Organization, have learned from and employed as a crisis model. We’ve received support from the CTO and the CHA through the years, with sustaining the US market, our loyal clients for over 30 years. Three of four visitors to Aruba are Americans. This is a case that boggles us. But we’d like to forget and move on.We got tremendous support from the US market. Forty-two percent of our rooms are timeshare, booked primarily by Americans. They’ve They’ve helped us turn the corner so Aruba can move on

this makes me sick to my stomach!!!!
My guess would be that they value human life on about the same scale as dogs that are hit by cars in the streets and roads and left to live or die.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #419 on: January 18, 2008, 12:55:52 PM »

I agree Lisa, makes me sick too. This also will surely make you ill as well. A reader comments at 24ora in the article w/ the 2 freaks and their disinformation....
http://www.24ora.com/content/view/3504/5/#jc_allComments
READER:
smc said:

Well, bless her heart whomever she may be, this smc.  Perhaps we can help this simpleton with her question ast to why the FBI would expect the Arubian law enforcement's files.  (1) ALE is not even a blip on the radar screen when it comes to law enforcement, so why would the FBI want their files?  God only knows because it seems that anything ALE would have is just shit piled higher and deeper (2) the FBI's purpose was to defend the citizens of its country while protecting those too vulnerable and stupid such as yourself, to protect themselves, (3) However, smc, I see it is too late for you.  You have already drunk the kool-aid passed out on Aurba which makes sane people crazy.  You need to meet Tom Cruise, who can deprogram you, because you, Sweetie, are too stupid to walk without crutches or eat without a bib.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.