April 19, 2024, 04:14:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #10 1/23 - 6/12/2008  (Read 241310 times)
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: January 20, 2008, 12:34:45 PM »

This thread will be like the old LCD thread.  We only request that if you have actual news, photos or pertenant facts on specific cases you post in the proper area.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 08:57:43 AM by San » Logged
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 09:42:59 AM »

Did we all make it?
crazybabyborg
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 09:51:07 AM »

OK, Let's start this thread out right with a little hospitality. Join me for breakfast? 

crazybabyborg
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 10:57:42 AM »

OK, SOMEBODY post so that I'll at least know I did this right! 
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 11:42:31 AM »

crazybabyborg
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 11:53:32 AM »

Thanks, Mum! I knew you'd have my back!
kissyface
Scared Monkey

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 02:39:28 PM »

Can someone tell me how to post a picture in my post?  I am trying to start a new topic in missing persons with a pic but I can't seem to get it.  Thanks!

***Love is stronger than death.***

>>> bring Bri justice<<<
kissyface
Scared Monkey

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 02:54:16 PM »

Nevermind!!!  I figured it out!!!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 05:10:07 PM by klaasend » Logged

>>> bring Bri justice<<<
kissyface
Scared Monkey

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2008, 03:04:30 PM »

How can I delete a post?

>>> bring Bri justice<<<
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2008, 05:10:46 PM »

How can I delete a post?

You can't but I can.  You need something deleted?
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2008, 11:23:26 PM »

Hi y'all... how are you all?  someone post some good news... 

update on the job .... they decided to hire an atty to take the position I wanted, but I did get a promotion of sorts... we'll see.

keep me in your prayers.... Smile

at least the evil manager from hell is gone!!  We are all still cheering

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
crazybabyborg
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2008, 10:29:14 AM »

Klaas? I'm having difficulty with my messages in addition to the one I had yesterday. I can't type in "klaasend". It changes to something else (!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">") regardless of what I try to type in. If I try to reply to a message I already have, it says an error has occurred. Actually it says, "The personal message you're trying to quote is not your own or does not exist, please go back and try again."

Could you let Dugga know? I can't do it through the message board and the link on copy that goes to my e-mail takes me back to messages where I face the same problems. TIA!

I think I can recieve messages............I could yesterday, but I'm not sure I can respond at all now.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 11:07:25 AM by crazybabyborg » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2008, 11:25:12 AM »

Klaas? I'm having difficulty with my messages in addition to the one I had yesterday. I can't type in "klaasend". It changes to something else (!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">") regardless of what I try to type in. If I try to reply to a message I already have, it says an error has occurred. Actually it says, "The personal message you're trying to quote is not your own or does not exist, please go back and try again."

Could you let Dugga know? I can't do it through the message board and the link on copy that goes to my e-mail takes me back to messages where I face the same problems. TIA!

I think I can recieve messages............I could yesterday, but I'm not sure I can respond at all now.

I just emailed Dugga with your problem.  You can always email Dugga at:

dugga@scaredmonkeys.com

Hopefully he can fix you up 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2008, 11:27:23 AM »

Thanks for the e-mail addy. I'll do it as well. Thanks Klaas!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2008, 02:18:05 PM »

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2008, 04:26:26 PM »

eeeek  Not for me but I'm sure the affects some members here:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,325338,00.html

Cable Company Mistakely Empties Customers' E-Mail Accounts
Thursday , January 24, 2008

ST. LOUIS —

Charter Communications officials believe a software error during routine maintenance caused the company to delete the contents of 14,000 customer e-mail accounts.

There is no way to retrieve the messages, photos and other attachments that were erased from inboxes and archive folders across the country on Monday, said Anita Lamont, a spokeswoman for the suburban St. Louis-based company.

"We really are sincerely sorry for having had this happen and do apologize to all those folks who were affected by the error," Lamont said Thursday when the company announced the gaffe.

Charter, one of the nation's largest cable TV operators, also provides telephone and high-speed Internet service.

It has applied a $50 credit to the bill of each customer whose account was affected by the mistake, Lamont said.

Charter gives each new Internet user a free e-mail account, but some customers opt to use other accounts instead.

So every three months the company deletes inactive accounts, Lamont said.

"During this maintenance we erroneously deleted active accounts along with the others," Lamont said. "It's never happened before. They are taking steps to make sure it never happens again."

Charter provides service in 29 states, and Lamont said the affected customers were scattered around the country.

All told, the company has about 2.6 million high-speed Internet subscribers.

Computer experts advise backing up all important e-mail.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2008, 06:06:17 PM »

From Klaas's post:

Cable Company Mistakely Empties Customers' E-Mail Accounts
Thursday , January 24, 2008

EEEEK!!  I'm glad it isn't me either that was affected.  It's a shame the emails aren't retrievable.  I was thinking about the photos and such.  I think that company better give their subscribers ALOT of freebies over this one...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2008, 11:47:57 PM »

NY RANGER,  Brian Leetch....#2 Retired....

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2008, 04:22:56 AM »

I find it strange that so many people would rely on keeping important documents and e-mails stored only on an external server.  Given the fact that the size of most computer hard drives can accommodate downloading a complete e-mail box of several years and still only take up a couple of gig makes it easy to protect such material.  Even if you are at a maximum within your own computer, flash drives have become so economical that for a few dollars you can back up that material easily and economically.

I ran a count on my e-mail and download file of documents dating back into the late 90's and it still has not exceeded 1 gig.  You can get a flash drive at a discount store for less than $ 10.00 to back up that much.  I guess it just amazes me that people using computers don't feel a need to back up important documents when it is so easy.  I have been dealing with this since my late days in education.  I can't tell you the number of disks from students who brought them to me because they lost their only copy of term papers or even teachers who lost their one and only disk of all their lesson plans and records.  By lost I mean that the disk just malfunctioned and I used data recovery to put the material on to another disk.

I have flash drives with some material on it, but I also have an external drive on my Leopard System which is called "Time Machine" and it automatically backs up everything once an hour. 

When some things go terribly wrong it may take a day for me to put things back in order, but at least I have not lost important documents or programs.

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2008, 05:40:25 AM »

Well, Mrs Owl arrived safely in sunny CA to visit her son.  She is 100 degrees warmer now than we are.   I am holding down the fort and keeping the pipes from bursting. However, when she returns then we both head for Orlando for a week.  Hopefully, I will be able to get the frost out of my feathers during that time.   

Now I just need to work on an itinerary for us while she is out in CA.  Need to find some new things to do in Orlando.  Universal doesn't seem to be a place for we old folks.  Disney Epcot is always interesting, but I am not sure how much has changed since our last visit 3 years ago.

Any ideas? 

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.