May 27, 2024, 07:35:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #10 1/23 - 6/12/2008  (Read 243179 times)
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #220 on: February 17, 2008, 01:55:13 PM »

GO - the snow up your way is beautiful, you get far more than where I'm offsite working now, but you are right - it can be dangerous. I have to fly back early tomorrow morning, haven't checked the weather yet but I did pick up some better clothing items to keep me warm just in case.

I've sold my home and moving next week to my new one, it backs up to 700 acres of undeveloped property. I was over checking on the carpet installation and landscaping yesterday afternoon, sure enough their were deer standing in the trees as twilight arrived? I think I"ll have to be careful to plant items they don't like to eat ! 

Yep nonesie, be careful what you plant. I take pains planting various seeds, bulbs and young plants in my flower gardens and nothing is more disheartening than watching them start to sprout and waking up one morning to find them munched off about an inch or so from the soil.....

I've had a great deal of success with a product called Liquid Fence.  What makes it better than other products is that it is systemic meaning that the plant absorbs it.  When you first begin to use it the animals do try to eat but they get sick immediately.  After that they can smell plants that it is used on.  I have not had things eaten now for years

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #221 on: February 17, 2008, 10:30:43 PM »

Do not know if any of the monkeys have been an executor or executrix of a will, but I am currently officiating in the latter....have a buyer of our parent's home and have been busy trying to sift through 60 plus years of our parents & our life.  I try to catch up and post when I can, but always seem to be behind. 

I stand with Natalee and her family. 

GO...a year has passed since our Dad left us...somehow I had hoped for another spring to do all this stuff and it's not happening....it's cold, either snowing or raining, (raining tonight).....makes for a challenging clearing out of the house. 

Just saying hi, and want you to know that I read when I can and I'm not abandoning ship....

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #222 on: February 17, 2008, 11:04:09 PM »

Speaking of cold, Canada hre with my weather report :
Cold, getting colder.
Hate it right now.
Bone chillin'.
No end in sight.
There are no unplanned activities. Get errands done on the way home, make sure you have suppplies at all times.
Watching alot of movies lately,
Good reviews by ME :
310 to Yuma.
The Brave One Jody Foster is quite good in this one. It captures the emotion of how she feels after her fiance is killed.
BAD :
Gone Baby Gone ... no charcter development, lead actor is Ben Affleck's brother who tried to do a Boston accent, can hardly understand him 
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #223 on: February 17, 2008, 11:06:17 PM »

Gone Baby Gone Sorry, used yellow like in lemon , trying to be clever, didn't quite work
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #224 on: February 17, 2008, 11:45:31 PM »

Alabama has been pummeled by tornadoes for the second time this month.  Please remember those injured and who lost everything in your prayers.

Thanks

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,330991,00.html

I have internet connection but is about half the speed of dial up but am told that I am lucky to have it at all.  Still waiting to hear from those in southeastern corner of the state and hope all is well with them.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #225 on: February 18, 2008, 12:45:54 PM »

TEST !     Hmmm.. it works! lol  I am all moved!!  Had to get freaking AOL diak up for now tho.. DSL not offered out here in the country yet.   
Using IE for SM like I did before !
Hope everyone is doig well.  Im STILL getting over the damn flu. ONly strated to feel human this past friday. Was sick for 10 days. 

Off to work !!   
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #226 on: February 18, 2008, 01:50:19 PM »

TEST !     Hmmm.. it works! lol  I am all moved!!  Had to get freaking AOL diak up for now tho.. DSL not offered out here in the country yet.   
Using IE for SM like I did before !
Hope everyone is doig well.  Im STILL getting over the damn flu. ONly strated to feel human this past friday. Was sick for 10 days. 

Off to work !!   

Yes!!! She lives!!  About time you checked in girl!  I have missed you a bunch.
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #227 on: February 18, 2008, 02:30:00 PM »

Good to hear from you Angie.... but...
I think I caught part of your bug from being in the same rooms with you 

I even missed GandSons  b-day party this weekend 

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #228 on: February 19, 2008, 10:43:42 PM »

Just posting to say hello.  All the talk of weather... oh my GOD is it ever cold.  I ache so bad from it.  It's been about 10 degrees (the HIGH) for weeks now.  Supposed to get down to 2 tonite with 30 mph winds making the windchill factor when I go to work tomorrow MINUS 30 degrees.

This is not normal.  This is way colder than we normally get.  I want global warming back! 

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #229 on: February 20, 2008, 01:05:48 AM »

Just posting to say hello.  All the talk of weather... oh my GOD is it ever cold.  I ache so bad from it.  It's been about 10 degrees (the HIGH) for weeks now.  Supposed to get down to 2 tonite with 30 mph winds making the windchill factor when I go to work tomorrow MINUS 30 degrees.

This is not normal.  This is way colder than we normally get.  I want global warming back! 

Yes, I have never worried too much about Global Warming.  We have a warning out tonight for wind chills.  It will probably be in the area of -45 to -50 when I get up tomorrow.  We got our 13" of snow and now it will get cold again until the next snow fall.   Farmers almanac predicted a mild/dry winter for us.  This is on schedule to be the worst winter in 100 years for us.  I know other parts of the country are suffering also.

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #230 on: February 20, 2008, 02:11:47 AM »

Klaas, I didn't want to put this in the Natalee thread but...as you pointed out my 777 count post, it was ironic that I got a gift today of, yes you guessed it {{edit}}. I might need this post deleted if you think it is inappropriate and not in my best interest.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 02:26:14 AM by klaasend » Logged

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #231 on: February 20, 2008, 02:27:29 AM »

Klaas, I didn't want to put this in the Natalee thread but...as you pointed out my 777 count post, it was ironic that I got a gift today of, yes you guessed it {{edit}}. I might need this post deleted if you think it is inappropriate and not in my best interest.

Wow Shell - very cool!  I edited out the amount    if you have a photobucket account you can save the screen shot I took.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o100/klaasen3/Sub3/Shell.jpg
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #232 on: February 20, 2008, 02:33:49 AM »

Wow Shell - very cool!  I edited out the amount    if you have a photobucket account you can save the screen shot I took.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o100/klaasen3/Sub3/Shell.jpg

It is also very cool what a sweet person you are Klaas. Thank you   

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #233 on: February 20, 2008, 08:14:11 AM »

Yes, I have never worried too much about Global Warming.  We have a warning out tonight for wind chills.  It will probably be in the area of -45 to -50 when I get up tomorrow.  We got our 13" of snow and now it will get cold again until the next snow fall.   Farmers almanac predicted a mild/dry winter for us.  This is on schedule to be the worst winter in 100 years for us.  I know other parts of the country are suffering also.

GO I thought of you when I was posting because if it is MINUS 30 here I knew it'd be far worse your way.  Yes Farmer's almanac was whacked this year.  They canceled school in Omaha today - too risky to the kids who have to wait for buses.  I am pretty sure I still have to work darn it.  Got the layer thing going on.  Not looking forward to going out in it.

Stay warm Monkeys!
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #234 on: February 20, 2008, 10:18:37 AM »

A little shopping story for Wednesday:

A lady walks into Tiffany's. She browses around, spots a beautiful diamond bracelet and walks over to inspect it. As she bends over to look more closely she inadvertently breaks wind.Very embarrassed, she looks around nervously to see if anyone has noticed her little accident and prays that a sales person doesn't pop up right now.As she turns around, her worst nightmare materializes in the form of a salesman standing right behind her.Cool as a cucumber and displaying complete professionalism, the salesman greets the lady with, 'Good day, Madam. How may we help you today?'Very uncomfortably, but hoping that the salesman may just not have been there at the time of her little 'accident', she asks, 'Sir, what is the price of this lovely bracelet?'He answers, 'Madam, if you farted just looking at it, you're going to $hit when I tell you the price.' 

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #235 on: February 20, 2008, 02:15:17 PM »

Hi guys!

I should know this, but I don't! 

Is there a thread for the Brianna Denison case? I've looked, but may have not been looking in the appropriate place. TIA!
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #236 on: February 20, 2008, 02:51:31 PM »

Hi guys!

I should know this, but I don't! 

Is there a thread for the Brianna Denison case? I've looked, but may have not been looking in the appropriate place. TIA!

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2533.0

It's under Missing Persons........

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #237 on: February 20, 2008, 03:12:45 PM »

Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #238 on: February 20, 2008, 08:18:58 PM »

thanks, I found a way in but only one of the browsers will work now and then not in the usual way.

I had to use the sign in on the bottom of the page.   It only works with Safari and I am not sure that will be consistent

GreatOwl, did you get your login issues resolved? I am currently logged in on a mac running Safari, and also just successfully logged in via firefox as well - both from the top of the site. So, it does not appear to be a script or code issue.

Perhaps you have some partially loaded pages saved in your cache? You might try emptying your browser cache and rebooting to see if that helps.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #239 on: February 20, 2008, 08:47:42 PM »

DANA PRETZER SHOW - COMING UP IN 15 MINUTES - CLICK HERE TO LISTEN

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.