May 28, 2024, 02:30:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #10 1/23 - 6/12/2008  (Read 243210 times)
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #480 on: March 27, 2008, 03:41:29 PM »

This is where I will be vacationing soon. 

I just needed to share that so it will feel like it's really going to happen. 

Oh BT!!!  You're killin me!!!!   lol   We don't get a vacation until summer of 2009!!  And I'm already having withdrawals.  Especially cruising.   
waaaa!!!!

Hope you have a wonder time, and hav a little fun for me too will ya.  lol
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #481 on: March 27, 2008, 06:58:17 PM »

Oh BT!!!  You're killin me!!!!   lol   We don't get a vacation until summer of 2009!!  And I'm already having withdrawals.  Especially cruising.   
waaaa!!!!

Awww....Snoopy 

Don't be too envious of me. This is the first time in all the years I've been married that I've had a vacation to the beach. And I have to say, it sure sounds better than sitting around rainy olde England, drinking tea with creaky little ancient in-laws. 

I Stand With The Girl
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #482 on: March 27, 2008, 07:33:54 PM »

waaaa!!!!

Awww....Snoopy 

Don't be too envious of me. This is the first time in all the years I've been married that I've had a vacation to the beach. And I have to say, it sure sounds better than sitting around rainy olde England, drinking tea with creaky little ancient in-laws. 

Good thing your in-laws don't read here.  LOL
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #483 on: March 27, 2008, 09:59:22 PM »

Someone sent me these pictures. Had to share them with our Ohio monkeys.

2 4 1
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #484 on: March 27, 2008, 10:04:36 PM »

This is for everyone. Poor Kitty

2 4 1
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #485 on: March 27, 2008, 10:18:55 PM »

BT is that a real building?  I mean is it built as yet?  it looks like an architectural drawing. Can you see what I mean? 

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #486 on: March 27, 2008, 10:56:30 PM »

HI monkeys... doing a drive by...

lurking and I am missing a few monkeys... is everyone on Spring Break?

I miss Sunny, Muffy, Tyler, Anna, Ms Marple.... I know I am missing a few people here... but man...

I am always at work lately.... GRRR but i do lurk occassionally

and CBB and Klaas... I even changed my own clothes!  Klaas I don't even you the house demolition.. ugh...

be well y'all and keep the faith...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #487 on: March 28, 2008, 12:54:30 AM »

Posted by Marlee in the MP forum:

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED

TES will be in Cottondale, AL this weekend--Saturday and Sunday-- for a search for missing Lisa Ann Green.

I was asked to put a shout out for volunteers.

Cottondale, AL is about 48 miles from Birmingham. Right out side of Tuscaloosa.

The command post is at a publishing company in Cottondale. At this time I don't have an address but will get it tomorrow and post it here.

Here is Lisa's information....  http://www.nampn.org/cases/green_lisa.html
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #488 on: March 28, 2008, 07:52:11 AM »

BT is that a real building?  I mean is it built as yet?  it looks like an architectural drawing. Can you see what I mean? 

Hi AZSunny

It might be the way I cropped the pic to try to make it fit that makes it look odd. If it isn't a real building, though, I'm gonna take away all of Lalas' pencils, cause she told me she stayed there and recommended it to me. 

I Stand With The Girl
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #489 on: March 28, 2008, 07:53:45 AM »

This is for everyone. Poor Kitty

SuzieQ

Awwww......that is the saddest little face I've ever seen. Poor kitty!!!

I Stand With The Girl
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #490 on: March 28, 2008, 09:35:04 AM »

Hi AZSunny

It might be the way I cropped the pic to try to make it fit that makes it look odd. If it isn't a real building, though, I'm gonna take away all of Lalas' pencils, cause she told me she stayed there and recommended it to me. 

FL?

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #491 on: March 28, 2008, 10:30:31 AM »

Hi AZSunny

FL?

Hi 2NJ

It's on the gulf in Alabama. It looks like a pretty place, doesn't it?

I Stand With The Girl
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #492 on: March 28, 2008, 12:13:52 PM »

Hi AZSunny

FL?

Hi 2NJ

It's on the gulf in Alabama. It looks like a pretty place, doesn't it?

I tried to reply earlier, but either the forum bombed on me, or my ISP....I was attempting to say that I should have known Lala's would recommend a nice place on the water in AL.  We have male friends who traveled to AL last year for a golf vacation, which they loved.  I have only seen the gulf from FL near Tampa where family lives...but it was wonderful....I'm happy on any beach, though. 

I'm sure you will love it....long overdue sun, sand & sea....enjoy.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #493 on: March 28, 2008, 06:58:24 PM »

It is...was a nice place the last time I was there which has a been awhile.  But I do know people that stayed there last year.  Did BT tell you guys she's staying in the penthouse?  I didn't stay in the penthouse area...but I saw it and it was nice.  She should get some beautiful views of the ocean at sunset.  I have a few more places to recommend to her also...and not it's not the local hotspot....she's a teetotaler!  LOL
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #494 on: March 28, 2008, 07:19:31 PM »

Construction update.  The 8 holes for the caissons that will be going inside the house are dug.  Next step is to put the concrete and metal caissons into the holes (15ft deep).  Then they will tie into our foundation, lift up the house a bit and pour the new slab. 

This is a picture of them drilling hole number 7 early this morning:

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #495 on: March 28, 2008, 08:13:06 PM »

Construction update.  The 8 holes for the caissons that will be going inside the house are dug.  Next step is to put the concrete and metal caissons into the holes (15ft deep).  Then they will tie into our foundation, lift up the house a bit and pour the new slab. 

This is a picture of them drilling hole number 7 early this morning:

How did you find somebody to do this?  When they lift the house up, don't let them put it down on your foot.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #496 on: March 28, 2008, 11:41:34 PM »

Klaas ... why is a new foundation necessary?  Will your house have another level once the foundation is poured?  How long is the job going to take?

We built our house 35 years ago and ... we said "never again" as far as any construction.  I am sure our 43 marriage and ... my sanity would not survive.  We (hubby lol) paint the inside of our home every five years and ... have changed carpets twice.  We may have to bow and ... change our bathroom fixtures but ... that is it.  Our grown kids keep encouraging us to remodel ... they claim the look is outdated ... too 70ish.  No way!  They can do it when their dad and I are pushing up daisies.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #497 on: March 29, 2008, 12:19:07 AM »

Holy moly Klaas I have never seen anything like that
digging up your poor house.. man that sucks but i hope
they do everything correct

Joran, Deepak & Satish You F***ers will never be worth anything in your life ever
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #498 on: March 29, 2008, 10:15:05 AM »

Our home is also on a slab.  I do not anticipate we will ever have problems with it.  The house was originally in a very rural area when built and is all brick.  We have lots of room except possible could use more for storage if we did have a basement.  We have talked about having them dig down under the house and the basement access would then be through the walk in cedar closet.  The idea has gone out the with the trash as it just is not worth the money.  We have so many other projects we want to do.  We just had Pella come in and replace all the windows and doors in the house with top of the line windows with shades inside the panes.  The front door and side lights are beautiful and the other to doors to the outside are also gorgeous.

This house was very 50's and 60's when it was purchased.  Just about everything on the inside has been remodeled now except for parts of the bathrooms.  Hopefully, we will be able to do those after we get done paying for the windows in about 5 years.  I have been looking at the new enclosed patio frames.  It would be nice to sit out back in the summer without having the mosquitos, which get to be the size of small birds, carry us away.  I just do not relish the idea of having to go in for blood transfusions after a nice summer evening out back.

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #499 on: March 29, 2008, 12:58:09 PM »

Just wanted you all to know I will be MIA for a couple weeks as I accepted a Job out west. It will take me some time to get set up during this relocation after this very long Journey. I'M originally from Southern California and I moved out here to be closer to Family,so I felt obligated to stay this long and help my Family that needed me,but after 9 years it's time to move on. I am very excited,nervous and sad to leave my Family and to start over again but it was one of my wishes was to get out of New England. My other wish is for Natalee to receive her Justice and to be brought home where she belongs. It is nice to know I will have Family waiting for me here at SM when I get settled.

I wanted to tell you how proud I am to be standing next to you all in this fight for justice for Natalee and her Family. You are some of the very best people this planet has to offer and I am proud to be part of this special group. From the bottom of my heart I thank you for your support you have given me and also giving me the inspiration to continue to fight for Natalee.  Everyone has something to offer and I hope you will motivate others during this slow time and not be afraid to speak your mind or to investigate this nightmare.

You guys really are god's gift and believe me it's no coincidence that we all are here together,I truly believe God has a plan and things happen for a reason. I never dreamed I would be here and I know you feel the same. It cannot and will not end this way,and it is far from being over. Klaasend is truly a wonderfull person and I look up her to her greatly,she is what being a monkey is all about and I applaud her in her efforts. I appreciate this forum greatly and the sacrafices we have all made to help others. Thanks to the Reds for giving us a place to call home and enabling us to make a difference! If we don't help and step up who will?

I realize thing's are slow and it appears Aruba is in shutdown mode but we have been through this just over a year ago. We have been called many things but quitters has never been one of them!  Please don't give up hope! To learn the truth you have to go back to the beginning, because everything since then has been in the wrong direction. 

See you in a couple weeks!

Your Friend,

P.S. Boycott the Hell out of Aruba until Natalee and Family get Justice!!  What they care bout most is that precious tourism and if there was enough pressure they would be forced to finally give Natalee a honest Investigation. Something she has still never received.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 01:04:03 PM by Observer » Logged

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.