June 07, 2024, 04:24:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #10 1/23 - 6/12/2008  (Read 243914 times)
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #520 on: April 01, 2008, 01:16:18 PM »

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL THOSE WHO STILL FOLLOW THE JULIAN CALENDAR!

Oh my goodness!!  I had forgot about the Julian calendar.  My daddy loved going by it.  Lots of Biblical history according to the Julian calendar.  Thanks GO.. This made my day!!  Oh how I miss my daddy, but this just made me smile.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #521 on: April 01, 2008, 01:53:25 PM »

Insurance companies!!!!  UGHHHHHH!!!!!

Daughter hits a post and the adjuster comes out looks at it and says...replace the bumper and all the stuff underneath. Give her a new tire, alignment, balance...covered.  The headlight is NOT!  He forgot there was headlight, dangling that had to be taped with duct tape to keep it together and because of him not noticing it...the garage had to hold the car two more days to get the parts...insurance provided a car for her EXCEPT the two days they were holding the car for the headlight.  Now, either daughter misses two days of classes at college or we pay the rental price for the car...which is now the full price and not the insurance price.  After I finished with them for some reason they won't even take my calls anymore. Wonder why?  Rolling Eyes
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #522 on: April 01, 2008, 02:16:16 PM »

(Picture taken in the fall as I couldnt upload todays picture)

Hi Guys!! Just checkin in to say hello  Right now I am in the great state of Michigan checking in on Mr.Pink  LOL! Actually I am visiting relatives along the way on my trip on the lower peninsula in St.Joseph. Pretty cool place and I am sure it's fantastic in the summer with Lake Michigan a few miles away and the St.Joseph river in there backyard..Hope all is well with everyone and I will see you soon..

Your Friend,

Obsever
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 02:18:57 PM by Observer » Logged

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #523 on: April 01, 2008, 02:33:56 PM »

Hey *******...Thanks for checking in...I was coming to ask 'are you there yet'...LOL

Have a safe, fun trip and looking forward to seeing you back on the board!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #524 on: April 01, 2008, 05:05:40 PM »

Hi ******* - good to hear from you!

Construction update.  This is a photo of the rebar reinforcements for the caissons.  The round part goes down 15 feet.  The square part goes towards the actual foundation the house sits on.  They will tie the two together and lift up the house a bit then pour concrete into the hole.  There are 8 of these in the house.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #525 on: April 01, 2008, 06:39:25 PM »

******* ~  Thank you for the great postcard.  Hope you have a fun and safe trip.

Klaas
~  After seeing the work being done on your home, I will never (well, maybe a little) complain about the inconveniences during remodeling...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #526 on: April 02, 2008, 12:35:51 AM »

I want to say how much I enjoy Dana's shows and podcasts. 

Remember in the 'olden days' when we used to sit around our computers writing, "you call in", "no you call in", "no I have a terrible voice, you call in."  I enjoyed being with the monkeys then, too.

Dana and the monkeys have come a long way since then and I look forward to hearing Dana's interviews and his daily commentaries.  They are awesome.

Thanks, Dana!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #527 on: April 02, 2008, 01:11:15 AM »

(Picture taken in the fall as I couldnt upload todays picture)

Hi Guys!! Just checkin in to say hello  Right now I am in the great state of Michigan checking in on Mr.Pink  LOL! Actually I am visiting relatives along the way on my trip on the lower peninsula in St.Joseph. Pretty cool place and I am sure it's fantastic in the summer with Lake Michigan a few miles away and the St.Joseph river in there backyard..Hope all is well with everyone and I will see you soon..

Your Friend,

Obsever

*******, I am trying to 'Think Spring,'  what's the deal here? 

It looks beautiful and peaceful.  I hope you are happy at the end of your journey and are enjoying the scenery on the way.  Take time to smell the fresh scent of spring and a new beginning.

Here's to new beginnings!

Maybe I can help.

I believe in miracles!
finngirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #528 on: April 02, 2008, 03:01:32 AM »

A man died and found himself waiting in the long line for Judgment. As he stood there, he noticed that some souls were allowed to march right through the Pearly Gates into Heaven. Others were led over to Satan, who threw them into a burning pit.

But every so often, instead of hurling a poor soul into the fire, Satan would toss them off to one side onto a small pile. After watching this happen several times, the man's curiosity got the best of him.

"Excuse me, Prince of Darkness," he said. "I'm waiting in line for Judgment, and I couldn't help wondering. Why are you tossing those people aside instead of flinging them into the Fires of Hell with the others?"

"Oh, those ... " Satan groaned. "They're from Michigan. They're still too cold and wet to burn."

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Province of British Columbia
Ministry of Fish and Game

Due to the rising frequency of human-bear encounters, the B.C. Fish and Wildlife Branch is advising hikers, hunters, anglers and any persons outdoors, whether in a recreational or work-related manner, to take extra precautions.

We advise everyone venturing outdoors to attach noisy little bells to their clothing, which will provide advance warning to any bears in the vicinity and lessen the chance that you will take them by surprise.

We also advise everyone to carry pepper spray outdoors, to be used in the event of an encounter with a bear.

We further advise that everyone be alert to the signs of fresh bear activity, and be able to tell the difference between black bear dung and grizzly bear dung. Black bear dung contains lots of berries and squirrel fur. Grizzly bear dung has bells in it and smells like pepper.

whiskey for my men/beer for my horses
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #529 on: April 02, 2008, 09:27:24 AM »

A man died and found himself waiting in the long line for Judgment. As he stood there, he noticed that some souls were allowed to march right through the Pearly Gates into Heaven. Others were led over to Satan, who threw them into a burning pit.

But every so often, instead of hurling a poor soul into the fire, Satan would toss them off to one side onto a small pile. After watching this happen several times, the man's curiosity got the best of him.

"Excuse me, Prince of Darkness," he said. "I'm waiting in line for Judgment, and I couldn't help wondering. Why are you tossing those people aside instead of flinging them into the Fires of Hell with the others?"

"Oh, those ... " Satan groaned. "They're from Michigan. They're still too cold and wet to burn."

Due to the rising frequency of human-bear encounters, the B.C. Fish and Wildlife Branch is advising hikers, hunters, anglers and any persons outdoors, whether in a recreational or work-related manner, to take extra precautions.

We advise everyone venturing outdoors to attach noisy little bells to their clothing, which will provide advance warning to any bears in the vicinity and lessen the chance that you will take them by surprise.

We also advise everyone to carry pepper spray outdoors, to be used in the event of an encounter with a bear.

We further advise that everyone be alert to the signs of fresh bear activity, and be able to tell the difference between black bear dung and grizzly bear dung. Black bear dung contains lots of berries and squirrel fur. Grizzly bear dung has bells in it and smells like pepper.

My neighbor left us a voicemail last weekend while we were out...said a bear was out and about....black bear in this area.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #530 on: April 02, 2008, 09:15:34 PM »

As someone who lives near Michigan, has friends in Michigan, and has been to Michigan, I loved the first one.  The second one just made me   

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #531 on: April 02, 2008, 11:10:57 PM »

I love it.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #532 on: April 03, 2008, 11:29:36 AM »

Are You Ready For Some GROANERS?

1. Two antennas met on a roof, fell in love and got married... The
ceremony wasn't much, but the reception was excellent.

2. A jumper cable walks into a bar. The bartender says, "I'll serve
you, but don't start anything."

3. Two peanuts walk into a bar, and one was a salted.

4. A dyslexic man walks into a bra.

5. A man walks into a bar with a slab of asphalt under his arm and
says: "A beer please, and one for the road."

6. Two cannibals are eating a clown. One says to the other: "Does this
taste funny to you?"

7. Patient: "Doc, I can't stop singing 'The Green, Green Grass of Home'"
Doctor: "That sounds like Tom Jones Syndrome."
Patient: "Is it common?"
Doctor: "Well, 'It's Not Unusual'"

8. Two cows are standing next to each other in a field. Daisy says to
Dolly, "I was artificially inseminated this
morning." "I don't believe you," says Dolly. "It's true, no bull!"
exclaims Daisy.

9. An invisible man marries an invisible woman... The kids were nothing
to look at either.

10. Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

11. I went to buy some camouflage trousers the other day but I couldn't
find any.

12. A man woke up in a hospital after a serious accident. He shouted,
Doctor, doctor, I can't feel my legs!"
The doctor replied, "I know you can't - I've cut off your arms!"

13. I went to a seafood disco last week... and pulled a mussel.

14. What do you call a fish with no eyes? A fsh.

15. Two fish swim into a concrete wall. The one turns to the other and
says "Dam!"

16. Two Eskimos sitting in a kayak were chilly, so they lit a fire in
the craft. Unsurprisingly it sank, proving again that you can't have
your kayak and heat it too.

17. A group of chess enthusiasts checked into a hotel and were standing
in the lobby discussing their recent tournament victories. After about
an hour, the manager came out of the office and asked them to disperse.
"But why," they asked, as they moved off."Because", he said, "I can't
stand chess-nuts boasting in an open foyer."

18. A woman has twins and gives them up for adoption. One of them goes
To a family in Egypt and is named "Ahmal." The other goes to a family
in Spain; they name him "Juan." Years later, Juan sends a picture of
himself to his birth mother. Upon receiving the picture, she tells her
husband that she wishes she also had a picture of Ahmal. Her husband
responds, "They're twins! If you've seen Juan, you've seen Ahmal."

19. Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time,
which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate
very little, which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he
suffered from bad breath. This made him ..(Oh, man, this is so bad,
it's good)...
A super calloused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.

20. And finally, there was the person who sent twenty different puns to
his friends, with the hope that at least ten of the puns would make
them laugh.
No pun in ten did.

Proverbs 3:5
  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
         and lean not unto thine own understanding.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #533 on: April 03, 2008, 01:34:50 PM »

I received the following in an email from a friend.  Just thought I'd share it, here:

*Shocked in Heaven*

I was shocked, confused, bewildered
As I entered Heaven's door,
Not by the beauty of it all,
By the lights or its decor.

But it was the folks in Heaven
Who made me sputter and gasp--
The thieves, the liars, the sinners,
The alcoholics, the trash.

There stood the kid from seventh grade
Who swiped my lunch money twice.
Next to him was my old neighbor
Who never said anything nice.

Herb, who I always thought
Was rotting away in hell,
Was sitting pretty on cloud nine,
Looking incredibly well.

I nudged Jesus, "What's the deal here?
I would love to hear 'Your take.'
How'd all these sinners get up here?
God must've made a mistake.

And why's everyone so quiet,
So somber? C'mon, give me a clue."
"Hush, child," said He. "They're all in shock.
No one thought they'd ever see you."

Judge NOT...Be kind. We're all in this together!

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #534 on: April 03, 2008, 06:59:36 PM »

TONIGHT ON DANA PRETZER:

www.scaredmonkeysradio.com

Some information on Becca McEvoy:

http://www.wkrg.com/news/article/rebeccas_case_delayed_again/12346/

Tune in now and be ready for the 9pm ET show!
http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 08:57:02 PM by klaasend » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #535 on: April 03, 2008, 10:13:06 PM »

GREAT SHOW DANA!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #536 on: April 04, 2008, 12:06:59 AM »

Construction update:

No new construction photos today, only this picture of one of my dogs who now thinks it's OK to sleep with us.   

Tomorrow is going to be a big day.  They will finish drilling 2 more caissons outside and fit them with the rebar (they dig down 15 feet).  Then they plan on filling all 10 holes with the concrete.

Also, we will have a guy come out and assess our roof to see if we need to replace or simply repair.

Also, a guy is going to come by and give us a bid on redoing our fireplace.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #537 on: April 04, 2008, 01:00:42 AM »

Construction update:

No new construction photos today, only this picture of one of my dogs who now thinks it's OK to sleep with us.   

Tomorrow is going to be a big day.  They will finish drilling 2 more caissons outside and fit them with the rebar (they dig down 15 feet).  Then they plan on filling all 10 holes with the concrete.

Also, we will have a guy come out and assess our roof to see if we need to replace or simply repair.

Also, a guy is going to come by and give us a bid on redoing our fireplace.

Good luck tomorrow, Klaas.

The way your dog tells it, you and your husband think it's okay to sleep with him now.  He/she is a cutie.

Seriously, is he/she a little freaked out by all the commotion?  Heck, I am and I don't even live in your house.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #538 on: April 04, 2008, 01:12:34 AM »

What ever happened to getting lost in a good book? 

This girl is only 14.  This is frightening and they are saying not uncommon.  These are things kids are doing just to look cool.  It has to be frightening to be a teen today.  What next?

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=71903

Warning Given After Texas Girl Has Sex With 10 Boys at Trendy Teen Party
Disturbing Trends In Teen Sexual Conduct

I believe in miracles!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #539 on: April 04, 2008, 01:16:53 AM »

You're making progress! It's going to be just great, Klaas! What do you have in mind for your fireplace? I re-did both my living room and den fireplace several years ago. Both were brick. I put a decorative surround with dental moulding under the mantle, and marble around the opening on one, and got rid of the hearth on the other. It made a huge difference!

Is that a Jack Russel? You have LOTS of energy, if it is! 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.