May 27, 2024, 06:03:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #10 1/23 - 6/12/2008  (Read 243176 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #560 on: April 07, 2008, 12:20:09 AM »

*******, I might be wrong but I think you said you were moving to SoCal. I wanted to say (((Welcome))) to our lovely state of California.  Isn't this weather wonderful!?!

LOL! Thanks!! I grew up by you Shell in North County San Diego and also LA but I didn't move back..I'm still a timezone away but indeed I am in a lovely state..65 Degrees today!! No more Hot Humid New England summers!! Woohooo!! 

lol, so you are working your way back West, good idea

The West is the Best! 

Hi *******:

Welcome home!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #561 on: April 08, 2008, 01:42:39 AM »

Hot humid, New England summers?   Come to Alabama..you ain't seen nothing yet! 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #562 on: April 08, 2008, 06:29:53 PM »

Tonight on Dana Pretzer:

Join Dana this week as he welcomes:

* R. Stephanie Good, attorney and NY Times Best Selling Author
discussing The Secret Lives of Women
    * Don Clark, retired FBI bureau chief and current Private Investigator
discussing the ruling on the Bahamian inquest into the death of Daniel
Smith
    * Aden McEvoy, father of Becca McEvoy

LISTEN LIVE TONIGHT AT 9PM EASTERN

www.scaredmonkeysradio.com
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #563 on: April 08, 2008, 08:31:14 PM »

i hope everyone reads the front page... about Beca...

make it happen y'all email the tar out of every news outlet you can think of.....

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #564 on: April 08, 2008, 08:57:25 PM »

Tonight on Dana Pretzer:

Join Dana this week as he welcomes:

* R. Stephanie Good, attorney and NY Times Best Selling Author
discussing The Secret Lives of Women
    * Don Clark, retired FBI bureau chief and current Private Investigator
discussing the ruling on the Bahamian inquest into the death of Daniel
Smith
    * Aden McEvoy, father of Becca McEvoy

LISTEN LIVE TONIGHT AT 9PM EASTERN

www.scaredmonkeysradio.com

Tune in now, the show starts in a couple of minutes!

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #565 on: April 08, 2008, 10:09:37 PM »

GREAT SHOW DANA!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #566 on: April 08, 2008, 10:13:41 PM »

Please go to the Crimes against Children forum and read about Becca McElvoy.  The family needs our help emailing awareness about this case:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2773.0

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q9ZsuEDJpRg&amp;hl=en" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/Q9ZsuEDJpRg&amp;hl=en</a>
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 10:23:21 PM by klaasend » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #567 on: April 10, 2008, 10:26:39 PM »

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #568 on: April 11, 2008, 10:41:41 AM »

LOL

Can we sell RU on Ebay?

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #569 on: April 11, 2008, 10:44:55 AM »

Lest we forget.
http://www.blogsforterri.com./

Remembering Terri Schiavo Three Years Later
Three years ago today, Terri Schiavo died after thirteen days without sustenance, having been denied by court order the most basic of necessities. We were stunned, watching in disbelief while this brain damaged, but otherwise healthy woman, was publicly subjected to a slow, excruciating death that her caregivers called "compassionate". Could this really have happened in our beloved country? Have we sunk so low that we are willing to termiate the lives of the weak and helpless because they do not have our capabilities or an acceptable "quality of life".

BlogsforTerri remembers...

We've learned many things, or at least realized and appreciated more deeply truths that were rarely tested. Life is precious and its value is independent of a person's capabilities or health status. All individuals, no matter how severe or hopeless their illness, have the basic right to nursing care, emotional support, food, and water. Our critics have a hard time understanding that diminished capabilities or suffering does not change the dignity of the individual's life.

I believe in miracles!
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #570 on: April 12, 2008, 10:37:53 AM »

Good morning!  I'm feeling like a big success this morning.  I bought a laptop yesterday in anticipation of working in my jammies.  I had a helluva time yesterday trying to get hooked up to my wireless connection.  Finally I just quit and went to bed.  This morning, I sat down and got it configured.  I'm so impressed with myself right at this moment I can hardly stand it.  Yesterday, I was really frustrated with it.  When I configured my daughter's laptop, it was no biggie.  Took me five minutes once I put my hands on an Ethernet cable.  It would seem that adding another laptop to an already existing network would be a breeze but no.  Anyway, it looked easier this morning and I didn't have an audience asking questions.

Woohooo, I can take y'all anywhere there is Wifi!  I'm one excited monkey today.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #571 on: April 12, 2008, 11:09:53 AM »

Good morning!  I'm feeling like a big success this morning.  I bought a laptop yesterday in anticipation of working in my jammies.  I had a helluva time yesterday trying to get hooked up to my wireless connection.  Finally I just quit and went to bed.  This morning, I sat down and got it configured.  I'm so impressed with myself right at this moment I can hardly stand it.  Yesterday, I was really frustrated with it.  When I configured my daughter's laptop, it was no biggie.  Took me five minutes once I put my hands on an Ethernet cable.  It would seem that adding another laptop to an already existing network would be a breeze but no.  Anyway, it looked easier this morning and I didn't have an audience asking questions.

Woohooo, I can take y'all anywhere there is Wifi!  I'm one excited monkey today.

That's great Peaches.  I don't understand hooking up computers to the network I leave that up to my sister because I know I will mess things up.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #572 on: April 12, 2008, 03:15:13 PM »

Birmingham Zoo Mourns Loss Of Beloved Gorilla

Friday, Apr 11, 2008 - 04:08 PM 

By NBC 13 Staff
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. -- Babec, the Birmingham Zoo’s male, 28-year-old Western Lowland Gorilla, died today.

Babec was diagnosed with heart disease in March 2003 and received the world’s first successful cardiac resynchronization therapy device, or CRT, in 2004.   

His procedure was documented nationally in the Washington Post and USA Today.

In the last few weeks, Babec’s cardiac disease progressed.  Today, the Birmingham Zoo animal care staff made the difficult decision to humanely euthanize Babec.

~~~~~~~
Photo on site....I can't seem to save it in proper format.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #573 on: April 13, 2008, 01:57:16 AM »

You are one smart monkey, Peaches.

Have fun running around town using your laptop.

You go, girl!

I believe in miracles!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #574 on: April 14, 2008, 11:57:04 AM »

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #575 on: April 14, 2008, 06:52:09 PM »

Construction update.  After a week off to allow the caissons to dry the contractor and his team are back at work!  Yippee 

What they did today is dig the foundation footing trench from one caisson to the other.  They also lifted the back side of the house up by about 2 inches (that's how far it was off).  Tomorrow and/or Wednesday they will set the rebar and then pour concrete in the footing.  Then that will dry and they will pour the new slab, probably next week.

Short video of them actually digging the footing:

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #576 on: April 14, 2008, 09:22:10 PM »

Oh wow Klaas!!  And to think what a mess I thought I had when the workmen tore out wall to wall carpet to replace with ceramic tile?!      Hope all the work continues to go well and you have your house all nice and right again soon.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #577 on: April 14, 2008, 10:19:51 PM »

Oh wow Klaas!!  And to think what a mess I thought I had when the workmen tore out wall to wall carpet to replace with ceramic tile?!      Hope all the work continues to go well and you have your house all nice and right again soon.

Me too!

After the slab is done then we have the walls to repair and paint.  Then we are putting in a new fireplace and of course carpet and flooring.  It will be wonderful when it's all done!

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #578 on: April 14, 2008, 10:29:36 PM »

Me too!

After the slab is done then we have the walls to repair and paint.  Then we are putting in a new fireplace and of course carpet and flooring.  It will be wonderful when it's all done!

I am going to show these pictures to my husband. He thinks he has problems with my remodeling?  I am painting great room (walls/ceilings), then will do the kitchen.  Have ordered all new carpet and all new furniture.  He said he has never seen such a mess and hopes it concludes soon.  Well he really has to see what you have going on.  Maybe he will change his mind and see how good he has it.  I don't think I could survive what you are at the moment but it will be so nice once done (for both us).

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #579 on: April 14, 2008, 10:33:48 PM »

Me too!

I am going to show these pictures to my husband. He thinks he has problems with my remodeling?  I am painting great room (walls/ceilings), then will do the kitchen.  Have ordered all new carpet and all new furniture.  He said he has never seen such a mess and hopes it concludes soon.  Well he really has to see what you have going on.  Maybe he will change his mind and see how good he has it.  I don't think I could survive what you are at the moment but it will be so nice once done (for both us).

LOL...the torn up areas are the living room and master bedroom and bathroom.  We are living in the 2 back bedrooms one of which we set up the TV in and our couch.  The kitchen is still able to be used so it could be alot worse!

So far the hardest part is when they had the bobcat inside the house with the diesel fumes, that was horrible. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.