May 30, 2024, 09:57:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #10 1/23 - 6/12/2008  (Read 243395 times)
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2008, 10:00:49 PM »

A close friend of my daughter got mugged Friday night. In a shopping center, alone, at night. A lady grabbed her purse and ran. She proceeded to run after the lady.     The lady(thief) jumped in a car (an accomplice was waiting, another lady). Well, she would not give up her purse and the lady(thief) bit her!, threw her out of the car and zoomed off. She was taken to hospital and was released the next day. Cuts and abrasions and bruising, and a consussion. Please remind your loved ones, if someone tries to take their purse (or any personal items)...to not fight it. That young lady is so lucky to not have something worse happen to her, over a purse.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2008, 01:10:21 AM »

A close friend of my daughter got mugged Friday night. In a shopping center, alone, at night. A lady grabbed her purse and ran. She proceeded to run after the lady.     The lady(thief) jumped in a car (an accomplice was waiting, another lady). Well, she would not give up her purse and the lady(thief) bit her!, threw her out of the car and zoomed off. She was taken to hospital and was released the next day. Cuts and abrasions and bruising, and a consussion. Please remind your loved ones, if someone tries to take their purse (or any personal items)...to not fight it. That young lady is so lucky to not have something worse happen to her, over a purse.

Shell, I'm glad your daughter's friend will be alright! I admire "gutsy", but she really put herself in danger. She's very lucky!

OK, I'm going to post some Valentine Avis that haven't found their owners.......at least that I know of!

If you guys see any of the owners of these orphaned avis, please let them know! Thanks!

If anyone wants an avi, just click the link in my signature line, and leave a post!   
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2008, 09:10:18 AM »

WoooHoooo !!!!!!!!!!    It is already warm and toasty outside.   We are up more than 75 degrees over what it was outside last Thursday at this time.    I can wear shorts and T shirts today.....

Current temp is 34 degrees.... It is the first temp above freezing in a long time.   Is spring coming early????    Maybe it will actually be here by May   !!!!

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #83 on: January 28, 2008, 02:28:13 PM »

A little while ago, I got this message, again...same as the one I posted about the other day.  Now, reading in NH thread, I now know the site was down for a bit....

Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #84 on: January 28, 2008, 02:54:37 PM »

A little while ago, I got this message, again...same as the one I posted about the other day.  Now, reading in NH thread, I now know the site was down for a bit....

Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

LOL...I was wondering if it was only me, until it came back up and Klaas posted that SM was down...of course I lost my post!
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #85 on: January 28, 2008, 03:05:57 PM »

Connection Problems

LOL...I was wondering if it was only me, until it came back up and Klaas posted that SM was down...of course I lost my post!

I wasn't online for a while and when I saw this msg, I sent Dugga an email....yes, thinking I was helping  .  The forum was back immediately after I sent the email, which figures. 

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #86 on: January 28, 2008, 03:44:55 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,326071,00.html

Angus Steer Escapes Slaughterhouse, On Loose in Cincinnati
Monday , January 28, 2008

CINCINNATI  —

Searchers on the ground and in a sheriff's department helicopter Monday were looking for an Angus steer that postponed its date with a slaughterhouse by bolting out a gate that had been inadvertently left open.

The more than 1,000-pound animal escaped from a slaughterhouse holding pen Monday morning and ran into the woods of suburban Cincinnati, according to Colerain Township police and the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office.

The steer was last seen heading into woods several blocks north of Stehlin's Meat Market and Interstate 275, said Dick Stehlin, co-owner of the meatpacking business. He said the bovine should be approached with caution.

"It's not, say, a mean animal or anything like that, it's just sort of in a panic stage," Stehlin said. "It's just out running, not even knowing where it's heading."

It's not the first time a steer has been on the loose in the Cincinnati area. In September 2006, a steer named Little Red ran from a fair and eluded capture for three days
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #87 on: January 28, 2008, 05:19:10 PM »

Klaas or San.......   Linda Thigpen  in missing peeps has been found safe...strange story 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #88 on: January 28, 2008, 07:11:32 PM »

Klaas I need help too please. Missing persons thread for Dane Williams needs date corrected to 1/26/08. He went missing at 2:00am Friday into Saturday . TIA

I got it Klaas..Thanks BB!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 07:22:27 PM by Observer » Logged

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #89 on: January 29, 2008, 12:46:28 AM »

I'm going to post this here to for those that don't read through the entire NH thread.

<a href="http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o100/klaasen3/Sub3/Natalee2.swf" target="_blank">http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o100/klaasen3/Sub3/Natalee2.swf</a>
Jerry from Ohio
Monkey Junky Jr.

mom always said that I was cute as a Bunny <g>

« Reply #90 on: January 29, 2008, 08:03:40 AM »

Oh Shell your daughters friend probably doesn't really realize
yet  just how lucky that she is since she didn't really get harmed  this time chasing the woman and having her friend there also in a car  .
   Your 100% correct about being able to replace "stuff " but we can never replace people as hard as we try .
              Jerry from Ohio 

Old Jer from Ohio
" I'm wild and a little crazy too ! 
 Some Girls don't  like boys like me  ,AWE, But some girls do  !

IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/jerryfromOhio/Howdy.jpg[/IMG]
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #91 on: January 29, 2008, 09:26:27 AM »

Hi Jerry....good to see you...how are things, buddy?

Did you notice that a lot of articles Klaas posts for us to read are out of Ohio? People in the rest of the country must have some strange thoughts about us...LOL
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #92 on: January 29, 2008, 10:32:44 AM »

Well time to put the short sleeves and shorts away.  We did get up to 40 above yesterday, but we are now under a winter storm warning.  By this afternoon we will be in a blizzard with the temps going below zero and the 40 mile an hour winds taking us down to a -35 to -40.

Poor Mrs. Owl, she is just about to leave sunny California in an hour and should arrive in MSP in the early evening.  The predicted temp is -2/-30 when she lands.  She is suppose to change planes to bring her back to the frozen tundra.  At her scheduled landing time we are suppose to be at the height of our blizzard.  I am not sure she will make it.  Our airport may very well have closed down by that time.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #93 on: January 29, 2008, 12:19:47 PM »

Well time to put the short sleeves and shorts away.  We did get up to 40 above yesterday, but we are now under a winter storm warning.  By this afternoon we will be in a blizzard with the temps going below zero and the 40 mile an hour winds taking us down to a -35 to -40.

Poor Mrs. Owl, she is just about to leave sunny California in an hour and should arrive in MSP in the early evening.  The predicted temp is -2/-30 when she lands.  She is suppose to change planes to bring her back to the frozen tundra.  At her scheduled landing time we are suppose to be at the height of our blizzard.  I am not sure she will make it.  Our airport may very well have closed down by that time.

I'll pray for her safe return and hope you both don't freeze your feathers off!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #94 on: January 29, 2008, 01:10:42 PM »

I'm going to post this here to for those that don't read through the entire NH thread.

<a href="http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o100/klaasen3/Sub3/Natalee2.swf" target="_blank">http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o100/klaasen3/Sub3/Natalee2.swf</a>

I did see it on Natalee's thread, but just had to say that this is awesome, Klaas! Fabulous job! When life gives me a chance, I want to know about that software! How very touching and heartfelt and a reality check on what this is all about; it's Natalee.
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #95 on: January 29, 2008, 01:25:09 PM »

Yes, very nicely done.  I know the process for the program.  I have only used it on a couple of occasions to put together some slide presentations and then transfer it to a dvd so I can play it on a regular tv.

This project was beautifully put together.  Nice work!!!

crazybabyborg
« Reply #96 on: January 29, 2008, 02:01:30 PM »

OOOPS! I left Silverfox out of the list above of unclaimed avis!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/Valentine%20Avatar/vsf.gif
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #97 on: January 29, 2008, 02:27:33 PM »

Yes, very nicely done.  I know the process for the program.  I have only used it on a couple of occasions to put together some slide presentations and then transfer it to a dvd so I can play it on a regular tv.

Thanks GO - yes it's pretty cool software.  I don't normally have a need for putting a slide on a DVD but it might come in handy some day.  These days for the work presentations I'm accustomed to, the laptop is tied in with the projector so no need for a TV or DVD.

The DVD would come in real handy for a birthday or anniveresary slide show for family and friends though.   
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #98 on: January 29, 2008, 02:30:18 PM »

Thanks GO - yes it's pretty cool software.  I don't normally have a need for putting a slide on a DVD but it might come in handy some day.  These days for the work presentations I'm accustomed to, the laptop is tied in with the projector so no need for a TV or DVD.

The DVD would come in real handy for a birthday or anniveresary slide show for family and friends though.   

well, our computers are very different so we have similar but different software.  Most jpg slide shows can be converted into movies.  I use a program called "Toast" which converts from mpg/avi to dvd formats.

MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #99 on: January 30, 2008, 05:47:27 AM »

I hope Mrs Owl arrived home safely.....a little rough right here now, wind is howling and it really poured last night...supposed to have ice then snow...I hope none of those big trees come down...

Have a great time on your vacation...GreatOwl!!!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.