May 23, 2024, 05:21:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #10 1/23 - 6/12/2008  (Read 242798 times)
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #940 on: June 08, 2008, 03:49:08 PM »

I have been looking at page 47 for a week now.  Time to go to 48 
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #941 on: June 08, 2008, 03:58:40 PM »

That is one beautiful kat. I take pix of my princess alley kats and it looks like a black lump.
With eyes. They have been my faithful kats for about 13  - 14 years now and we lubs each other. They were rescued kats from a no kill shelter. Kudos to anyone who rescues kats and any other animal. I
left a lefty opinipon on the FP. Sick of the gas prices, sick of food prices. Went to the store yesterday and bought the ususal supplies for something. Some of the prices were x three. Broke my rule and went to WalMart Friday. I love their prices on some things, but I dislike their size and influence in the world.
I am not anti American, I am pro middle class.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #942 on: June 08, 2008, 04:05:41 PM »

That is one beautiful kat. I take pix of my princess alley kats and it looks like a black lump.
With eyes. They have been my faithful kats for about 13  - 14 years now and we lubs each other. They were rescued kats from a no kill shelter. Kudos to anyone who rescues kats and any other animal. I
left a lefty opinipon on the FP. Sick of the gas prices, sick of food prices. Went to the store yesterday and bought the ususal supplies for something. Some of the prices were x three. Broke my rule and went to WalMart Friday. I love their prices on some things, but I dislike their size and influence in the world.
I am not anti American, I am pro middle class.

Kat_Gram this was the headline of Friday's paper where I live "Milk jumps over the moon".  Stores are charging up to $4.75 a gallon.  How the hell do people survive.
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #943 on: June 08, 2008, 04:59:16 PM »

I didn't get her from a shelter.
 I rescued her from a breader who was selling these
Persian kittens with papers for $400.00

The breader just had too many kittens and no money to give them proper care.
So I hope I can give her a better life,and with the $400.00 maybe she will pay some of her bills.

She was 3 lbs when I got her.

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #944 on: June 08, 2008, 05:20:34 PM »

Beautiful kitten Blonde, I'm sure you will give her a wonderful home.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #945 on: June 08, 2008, 05:31:36 PM »

Construction update.  Starting to see some progress and finally able to start moving some stuff back in!   Last week they painted the master bedroom, living room and dining room/computer room.  The colors are white (ceiling/trim), peach and blue/grey.  The peach in the photos looks pink but it really looks peach in person.  Yesterday we had the laminate flooring put it.  We used Quick-Step (Country - Hickory Amber Planks).

http://us.quick-step.com/?dir=products&page=viewSeries&series=3

This week we will be working on installing the baseboard trim and door trim (white semi gloss).  Next week the tile for the fireplace should be in and hopefully it will get done.  Also, next week 3 interior doors we ordered should be in.  Carpet is scheduled to be layed on 6/27/08.

Laminate in the entryway:

Dining room/computer room:

Kitchen:

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #946 on: June 08, 2008, 05:59:25 PM »

Thank goodness!  I was beginning to think everything was at a standstill at your place. LOL

It looks great!  That laminate is such a great color.
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #947 on: June 08, 2008, 06:01:38 PM »

Very Nice Klass

SS
Monkey Junky

« Reply #948 on: June 08, 2008, 06:14:26 PM »

Klaas, Your floors look beautiful.    I am in the midst of completely renovating an older home.  It's so much work.
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #949 on: June 08, 2008, 06:55:23 PM »

I bought an entertainment center a few mts ago, and it was so big when we got it home my hubby added on to the kitchen to make room for it.

Here is it finished, hubby and I did all the work.

This new part of the kitchen is red oak hardwood flooring we rented that hammer, boy was that hard.Also kills your back.

Now hubby is adding on to the garage.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #950 on: June 08, 2008, 07:06:34 PM »

Blonde - wow, very nice.  Glad I don't have to clean at your house though...alot of nick nacks!  Love them and the way your kitchen looks but more work than I want, LOLOL 
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #951 on: June 08, 2008, 08:58:04 PM »

Klaas,  I have been looking and looking for a laminate floor I liked, you may have helped me find it.  Your floors are beautiful, and I love that front door too. Is that new?  I ordered a sample of the flooring!  I am serious.

Blonde,  Your home looks like a place to start a cozy fire and read a good book.  Very warm and cozy.

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #952 on: June 08, 2008, 09:18:54 PM »

Looks great Klaas! I bet it feels good that this is almost all over.

Party at Klaas's house on July 4th!   

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #953 on: June 08, 2008, 09:23:14 PM »

Blonde ~  Your copper pots are wooooonderful!  Some years ago, my home was broken into and among the things stolen were my copper pots and pans.     I've never replaced them.  The only one I have left is a fish poacher, which they didn't get because it was stored to the back of some cabinets, instead of hanging on a pot rack.  Guess if I get more copper pots, I should etch my drivers license inside, or at least make sure I have additional insurance coverage...lol

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #954 on: June 08, 2008, 09:40:42 PM »

I didn't get her from a shelter.
 I rescued her from a breader who was selling these
Persian kittens with papers for $400.00

The breader just had too many kittens and no money to give them proper care.
So I hope I can give her a better life,and with the $400.00 maybe she will pay some of her bills.

She was 3 lbs when I got her.

My kats were 40.00 each. ( Inflation ? ) Came in a cardboard box. No papers. LOL But I still lubs them. They are my alley kat " princesses". I too hope that the breeder can do better with the rest of the kats.
Persians are beautiful. Mine are a cross Burmese / Havanna ( in the sun they are a mahognay color), that is most likely why they were abandoned, not purebred.
Milk here is 4. ?? for 4 litres. Kat food hasn't gone up, it was fresh veggies that pizzed me off. I know your prices there are alot cheaper as we go to the US and we can bring back groceries duty free and we does. We are always amazed as to the prices, even with free trade and such.
That flooring looks great Klaasend and so does the rest of the house.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #955 on: June 08, 2008, 09:53:13 PM »

The pictures and discussion about cats, kittens and kitty-cats remind me of one of my favorite poems:

Carl Sandburg. 1878–

Fog

THE fog comes   
on little cat feet.   

It sits looking   
over harbor and city   
on silent haunches          
and then moves on.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #956 on: June 08, 2008, 10:18:04 PM »

Klaas,  I have been looking and looking for a laminate floor I liked, you may have helped me find it.  Your floors are beautiful, and I love that front door too. Is that new?  I ordered a sample of the flooring!  I am serious.

Blonde,  Your home looks like a place to start a cozy fire and read a good book.  Very warm and cozy.

AZSunny - the good thing about the Quick-Step flooring is that it can withstand some moisture which Pergo cannot.  Look around though there are many new types out now.
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #957 on: June 09, 2008, 08:09:51 AM »

Blonde ~  Your copper pots are wooooonderful!  Some years ago, my home was broken into and among the things stolen were my copper pots and pans.     I've never replaced them.  The only one I have left is a fish poacher, which they didn't get because it was stored to the back of some cabinets, instead of hanging on a pot rack.  Guess if I get more copper pots, I should etch my drivers license inside, or at least make sure I have additional insurance coverage...lol

I use all my copper pots I love them but not cleaning them.
The only pan I can't find is the fish poacher lol.
Klaas I hate cleaning all this.
We use wood in the winter for heating.
We have two real fire places and four wood stoves, that are a lot of work, and a big mess.
I'll post more pictures.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #958 on: June 09, 2008, 09:50:21 AM »

I use all my copper pots I love them but not cleaning them.
The only pan I can't find is the fish poacher lol.
Klaas I hate cleaning all this.
We use wood in the winter for heating.
We have two real fire places and four wood stoves, that are a lot of work, and a big mess.
I'll post more pictures.

Fish poachers:

http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENUS278&q=copper+fish+poacher&um=1&ie=UTF-8
yapperz1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #959 on: June 09, 2008, 10:30:37 AM »

Klaas your remodeling job is looking great!!! Maybe you & hubby couyld start a business after this.  J/K
I also agree about Blonde's home. It is beautiful but as I have gotten older my motto is:
The less I collect, the less I have to clean. Yep, less is better!!

I STAND WITH THE GIRL, NATALEE HOLLOWAY

ARUBA
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.