April 18, 2024, 09:10:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #10 1/23 - 6/12/2008  (Read 241299 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #960 on: June 09, 2008, 06:10:21 PM »

Klaas
I am glad you are feeling better.  Your home looks wonderful.  I had my doubts seeing the vehicles inside the house.  The floors look great.  Last year I had laminate put in my kitchen and in 2 bedrooms upstairs.  My son is allergic to dust mites.  It really made a difference.  He is sleeping much better.  Good luck on the rest of the remodeling.

Blonde
What a precious kitten.  I hope she continues to have her cute personality. 

The condition she was in is really sad, there is no excuse for that.  I hope the other kittens are rescued soon and this "breeder" cleans up his/her act, or best of all, never breeds again.

Congratulations on your new addition.

PS  Nice kitchen, very warm and cozy.  Can you pour me a cuppa?  Thanks.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #961 on: June 09, 2008, 06:19:42 PM »

Yap
It's so good to see your face.  I am still praying for your family.  The ICN is my very favorite place to work.

Kat Gram
Can you adopt me?

I'll bring the bananas.

I believe in miracles!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #962 on: June 10, 2008, 06:14:28 PM »

Tonight on Dana Pretzer:

www.scaredmonkeysradio.com

ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #963 on: June 11, 2008, 11:45:49 AM »

Construction update.  Starting to see some progress and finally able to start moving some stuff back in!   Last week they painted the master bedroom, living room and dining room/computer room.  The colors are white (ceiling/trim), peach and blue/grey.  The peach in the photos looks pink but it really looks peach in person.  Yesterday we had the laminate flooring put it.  We used Quick-Step (Country - Hickory Amber Planks).

http://us.quick-step.com/?dir=products&page=viewSeries&series=3

This week we will be working on installing the baseboard trim and door trim (white semi gloss).  Next week the tile for the fireplace should be in and hopefully it will get done.  Also, next week 3 interior doors we ordered should be in.  Carpet is scheduled to be layed on 6/27/08.

Laminate in the entryway:

Dining room/computer room:

Kitchen:

oh wow klaas!!! Looks great...and great choice of colors!!!

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #964 on: June 11, 2008, 11:52:50 AM »

I bought an entertainment center a few mts ago, and it was so big when we got it home my hubby added on to the kitchen to make room for it.

Here is it finished, hubby and I did all the work.

This new part of the kitchen is red oak hardwood flooring we rented that hammer, boy was that hard.Also kills your back.

Now hubby is adding on to the garage.

What a fantastic kitchen!!!! Is your home a log home? That is my dream!!! Hope to retire in one some day.

I have an old 110 year old Victorian home....city victorian...not the wrap around porch country one. My roof was leaking and I had to idea. One night heard a big CRASH!! Thought someone was breaking in the door!! Went to the kitchen and appently previous owner had drywall over the old plaster. Plaster was soaking up rain...which we had tons of the last 3 months!! but wasn't coming through drywall. Well the weight of the wet plaster caused a ceiling collapse. Huge chunk had just fallen down...it was a mess!!! THEN...you know how they used to wall paper the ceilings...well the wall paper had mold on it which I am allergic too. With all the rain it took forever to get a roofer here...and every time it rained...which was every other day...my kitchen would rain...lol...it was a mess. Just got it all repaired a week ago FINALLY!!! But my border was ruined. Have ceiling repaired and painted but now have to take down the old border, put up new and paint walls again.

It never ends!!!

ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #965 on: June 11, 2008, 12:30:40 PM »

Hey Monkeys

Next Saturday is the "Race for The Cure" and yes I am running. It is the reason I can't make it to the DC protest. Hard decision for me!!! I had signed up for the Race before the DC protest and didn't realize they were the same weekend until a month ago.

My Mom died of ovarian cancer, gosh, hard to believe but this 4th of July it will be 15 years. Still can't believe I have lived that long with out her!!! There are days I can still smell her perfume around me and hear her wonderful laugh...is that strange? She was 49 when she passed away. I will always remember her young. Can't believe she would be 64 today!!!!! One year away from retiring. She would not have had a grey hair in her head either...at least not showing!!!! lol

Anyhoo...wanted to know if it was ok to post a link for the race incase anyone wanted to make a donation? Some girls in my office are running together and are trying to raise $1000.00 towards the Cure. I think we are up to $600.00. Klaas, can you let me know if it is ok or not?

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #966 on: June 11, 2008, 06:09:26 PM »

ldstlou, No it's all natural cedar shakes.

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #967 on: June 12, 2008, 12:45:27 AM »

Hey Monkeys

Next Saturday is the "Race for The Cure" and yes I am running. It is the reason I can't make it to the DC protest. Hard decision for me!!! I had signed up for the Race before the DC protest and didn't realize they were the same weekend until a month ago.

My Mom died of ovarian cancer, gosh, hard to believe but this 4th of July it will be 15 years. Still can't believe I have lived that long with out her!!! There are days I can still smell her perfume around me and hear her wonderful laugh...is that strange? She was 49 when she passed away. I will always remember her young. Can't believe she would be 64 today!!!!! One year away from retiring. She would not have had a grey hair in her head either...at least not showing!!!! lol

Anyhoo...wanted to know if it was ok to post a link for the race incase anyone wanted to make a donation? Some girls in my office are running together and are trying to raise $1000.00 towards the Cure. I think we are up to $600.00. Klaas, can you let me know if it is ok or not?

Absolutely OK.  Please do post the link.  You can do it here in this thread and you can start a new thread in the Monkey Lounge too. 
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #968 on: June 12, 2008, 07:38:25 AM »

Hey Monkeys

God bless you for running!  I didn't realize your mother had ovarian cancer.  What a nasty, nasty disease.  The first weekend of the month, my daughter's fave babysitter, now a PhD student, ran in the San Diego Rock and Roll Marathon for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.  That marathon raised 12.5 Million for cancer research!  And MY NAME was on her jersey!  Okay, so I was on there with her dad and some other people.  Still! 

Run your butt off, Lisa.  Run for the rest of us who would if we could.  (I'm a little outta shape right now.)  I'm so proud of you. You are fine person and a great example for your little guy.  Thank you.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #969 on: June 12, 2008, 08:09:17 AM »

Hey Monkeys

God bless you for running!  I didn't realize your mother had ovarian cancer.  What a nasty, nasty disease.  The first weekend of the month, my daughter's fave babysitter, now a PhD student, ran in the San Diego Rock and Roll Marathon for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.  That marathon raised 12.5 Million for cancer research!  And MY NAME was on her jersey!  Okay, so I was on there with her dad and some other people.  Still! 

Run your butt off, Lisa.  Run for the rest of us who would if we could.  (I'm a little outta shape right now.)  I'm so proud of you. You are fine person and a great example for your little guy.  Thank you.

What a great coach you are, Peaches.  The monkeys wear your name under our jerseys--in our hearts.

Go Lisa!  Your Mom must be so proud!

I believe in miracles!
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #970 on: June 12, 2008, 08:51:32 AM »

Hey Monkeys

What a great coach you are, Peaches.  The monkeys wear your name under our jerseys--in our hearts.

Go Lisa!  Your Mom must be so proud!

You guys are the best!!!
Thanks!
Not in the greatest shape myself...lol...I have been working hard!! Thank goodness it's a 3K!!!

ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #971 on: June 12, 2008, 08:55:52 AM »

Hey Monkeys

Sweet Peaches wil be on my shirt too!!!

ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #972 on: June 12, 2008, 08:56:56 AM »

Hey Monkeys

Absolutely OK.  Please do post the link.  You can do it here in this thread and you can start a new thread in the Monkey Lounge too. 

Thanks Klaas!! Can I e-mail it to you? You know me and computers..lol

ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #973 on: June 12, 2008, 09:00:32 AM »

oops...5K....3 miles. I keep trying to make it shorter!!!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #974 on: June 12, 2008, 10:31:51 AM »

LDSTLOU - Is Racing for the Cure - needs Sponsors!!

Hello All!!!!
Yes I am participating in the Komen Race for the Cure next Saturday!!!

I am running in honor of my Mother who died of ovarian cancer. This July 4th will be 15 years since she passed.

I am also running in honor of my girlfriend Darla Williams, who is a cancer survivor...her motto..."Every day above ground is a great day!!".

I am also running in our of one of the members of Scared Monkeys who is also a cancer survivor...Sweet Peaches!!

Please help my sponsoring me in this great cause!!! My link for donations is below.
Thank you,
Lisa

http://rfcstl.convio.net/site/TR/Race/General?px=1105404&pg=personal&fr_id=1000
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #975 on: June 12, 2008, 11:45:56 AM »

Hello All!!!!

I am running in honor of my Mother who died of ovarian cancer. This July 4th will be 15 years since she passed.

I am also running in honor of my girlfriend Darla Williams, who is a cancer survivor...her motto..."Every day above ground is a great day!!".

I am also running in our of one of the members of Scared Monkeys who is also a cancer survivor...Sweet Peaches!!

Please help my sponsoring me in this great cause!!! My link for donations is below.
Thank you,
Lisa

Thank Klaas!!!
And thanks for the generous donation!!!

Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #976 on: June 12, 2008, 02:20:40 PM »

Pita is a breast cancer survivor also and I am all for the cause. My Mom died long ago from cancer and I will make my donation later when I get home for work. Well done Lisa! 

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #977 on: June 12, 2008, 05:00:21 PM »

Thanks to all of the Monkeys who have donated so far!!! You all simply are the best!!!

Had a trial run this morning about 10:30...wanted to see how I did in the heat...made it!!! lol But my legs are stiff!!! hahahaha

Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #978 on: June 12, 2008, 05:11:10 PM »

Cancer research is so important.  Even though the Komen Foundation focus is breast cancer, I think ANY discovery about one kind of cancer is going to teach them something about other kinds too.  My doctor's foundation does research and includes breast and colon tissue along with ovarian tissue.  The more they learn, the more survivors there can be.  New things are always happening.

I hope for more research.  Bigger, better, faster, sooner.  Less toxic would be nice too but sometimes you can't everything. 

I just want to buy as much time as possible. 

Thanks, LDSTLOU.  Means the world to us survivors. 

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #979 on: June 12, 2008, 09:35:43 PM »

Hello All!!!!

Thank you,
Lisa

Thank Klaas!!!
And thanks for the generous donation!!!

Thanks for the link and I think it is great that you are running.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.