June 16, 2024, 06:16:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #10 1/23 - 6/12/2008  (Read 244056 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #240 on: February 20, 2008, 10:06:25 PM »

DANA PRETZER SHOW - COMING UP IN 15 MINUTES - CLICK HERE TO LISTEN

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u

GREAT SHOW DANA!
Jerry from Ohio
Monkey Junky Jr.

mom always said that I was cute as a Bunny <g>

« Reply #241 on: February 21, 2008, 05:24:43 AM »

Howdy Angie  :+)  Glad that your on the down hill of that darn flu bug 
  Your pal Jerry from Ohio ( who has dodged the flu bullet so far this year  Keeping fingers and toes crossed )

TEST !     Hmmm.. it works! lol  I am all moved!!  Had to get freaking AOL diak up for now tho.. DSL not offered out here in the country yet.   
Using IE for SM like I did before !
Hope everyone is doig well.  Im STILL getting over the damn flu. ONly strated to feel human this past friday. Was sick for 10 days. 

Off to work !!   

Old Jer from Ohio
" I'm wild and a little crazy too ! 
 Some Girls don't  like boys like me  ,AWE, But some girls do  !

IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/jerryfromOhio/Howdy.jpg[/IMG]
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #242 on: February 22, 2008, 03:21:28 PM »

Lunsfords File Notice To Sue Citrus Sheriff
By Josh Poltilove and Thomas Krause of The Tampa Tribune

Published: February 21, 2008

Updated: 08:46 pm

TAMPA The parents of murdered 9-year-old Jessica Marie "Jessie" Lunsford have filed a notice to sue the Citrus County Sheriff's Office.

The notice alleges negligence by the sheriff's office, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the Citrus County Commission during the investigation into Jessie's disappearance.

Negligence by the sheriff's office and the FDLE "directly and indirectly led to the death of Jessica Lunsford," according to the notice.

Mark Lunsford, the girl's father, declined to comment about the notice. He deferred questions to his attorneys this morning.

"I wished I could but they don't want me to say anything right now," he told The Tampa Tribune.

Speaking to the media this afternoon from his mother's house, he said he can't talk about the notice because all his focus needs to be placed on Jessie's Ride, an annual motorcycle ride from New Port Richey to Citrus County. The fundraiser takes place Saturday to raise money for the Jessica Marie Lunsford Foundation and Jessie's Place, a child advocacy center planned for Citrus County.

Lunsford and Angela Wright, Jessie's biological mother, said they will discuss the pending lawsuit at a press conference tentatively scheduled for Tuesday in Jacksonville.

Lunsford's attorney, Mark Gelman, said the evidence they're in possession of today, based on witness statements and trial evidence, shows there was negligence on behalf of the sheriff's office regarding the search for Jessie.

"There's absolutely no evidence against that," Gelman said.

He also said filing the intent to sue was a difficult decision for Mark Lunsford because he has formed a relationship with people at the sheriff's office.

"Mark really wants to set the record straight and wants the truth to be known about what happened," Gelman said.

Lunsford wants the truth known not just about the search for Jessie but about standard operating procedures for all law enforcement officers when children are missing, Gelman said.

At today's press conference, Lunsford said people need to keep providing funding for child advocacy centers. Asked whether any money from a possible lawsuit would go to fund such a center, he repeated several times, "Advocacy centers need funding." He would not answer the question directly.

Lunsford and his former wife filed papers in probate court Monday that set up an estate for Jessie. Gelman said that is standard practice when someone is seeking a wrongful death settlement.

At a news conference this afternoon, Citrus County Sheriff Jeff Dawsy called the lawsuit "baseless" and expressed shock that it was filed.

"There is only one person in this world who should be held accountable for Jessie's death, and that is John Couey," he said. "Jessica was dead before we hit the street."

Last year, a jury convicted Couey of Jessica's murder and recommended his execution. Couey sits on Florida's death row.

In 2005, when arrested for Jessie's abduction and murder, Couey told investigators that he molested her and held her in his closet for several days.

With investigators scouring the area, looking for the missing third-grader, Couey grew afraid to let her go, he said, according to a transcript of the conversation with authorities.

He said he made a decision.

Couey said he forced her to have intercourse, then he asked her to step into two plastic trash bags. He dug a 4-foot grave outside his trailer home.

"She was alive," Couey told detectives in a bland tone. "I buried her alive. … It's stupid, but she, she suffered."

While the trial progressed, Dawsy and Citrus County prosecutors said they doubted Couey's story that Jessie was alive for days after the abduction. They said they think she died on the night of her disappearance.

There was no evidence of the food Couey said he fed her and no evidence that she lived in his closet for an extended period, the sheriff said.

While officials and volunteers searched for Jessie, Mark Lunsford was under surveillance and investigation. In an interview with the Tribune this past year, Lunsford said undercover officers tailed him for several days.

Dawsy said he is disappointed by the parents' action. But, he said, he still may attend a charity event on Jessie's behalf on Saturday.

"It is for Jessie, not the Lunsfords," he said.

Pete Magrino, one of the prosecutors who tried Couey, said the announcement of a possible lawsuit was "rather disheartening.''

George Kanaris, who owns Emily's Restaurant in Homosassa Springs, where Couey worked as a dishwasher for 2 1/2 years in the early 1990s, said he wasn't expecting to see a lawsuit.

"It does surprise me," he said. "We in Citrus County are like a family. But like all families, money is the great divider."

He said Lunsford and his former wife should do whatever they think they have to do, but that he knows Citrus county deputies are hardworking people who care about their jobs.

"I stand by our sheriff's office and our sheriff and the deputies who go to work every day," Kanaris said. "This is America. You can sue for whatever you want. Everybody has to do what they think is right."

Lunsford said today he recently returned from Colorado, where he testified in an attempt to strengthen child safety laws. He says he spends much of his time in that capacity.

"Every time I testify somewhere, I re-live that month," he said. "I do it for the kids."

Asked how he feels approaching the anniversary of Jessie's death, he stood silent, his eyes reddened, as he thought.

"It's a hard thing for a parent to go through," he said. "It doesn't matter how you lose your child."
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/feb/21/slain-9-year-olds-dad-gives-citrus-sheriff-pre-sui/?imw=Y

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #243 on: February 22, 2008, 03:25:30 PM »

Howdy Angie  :+)  Glad that your on the down hill of that darn flu bug 
  Your pal Jerry from Ohio ( who has dodged the flu bullet so far this year  Keeping fingers and toes crossed )

TEST !     Hmmm.. it works! lol  I am all moved!!  Had to get freaking AOL diak up for now tho.. DSL not offered out here in the country yet.   
Using IE for SM like I did before !
Hope everyone is doig well.  Im STILL getting over the damn flu. ONly strated to feel human this past friday. Was sick for 10 days. 

Off to work !!   

HI Jerry and everyone !  Jerry.. been coughing now for 16 days.. ughhh// thats about whats left of my flu. Needless to say my ribs and back hurt like hell.  Sad

OLDFART I sure hope you are feeling better !  Miss you all.. I been busy back to work... and still have a few things to put away.
Moving sucks bigtime ! lol
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #244 on: February 22, 2008, 03:40:10 PM »

Hi Angie    I hope you get to feeling better soon.  Sounds like your cough has you just worn to a frazzle...  It's great to "see" you again.  We miss you!!  Take care ~

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #245 on: February 23, 2008, 05:22:19 AM »

The best thing for a cough is Mucinex.  Drink lots of water.  Thins out the mucous so you can hack it up and get rid of it.  Coughing is useless unless it's productive.  I don't usually take most OTC cold stuff because it all says "if you have glaucoma, high blood pressure" and I don't need any more excitement.  So that leaves me with Nasacort (nasal spray) and Mucinex.  I do like Cold-Eze.  Tasty and they work pretty well. 

Anyway, I'm all about Mucinex.  No point in holding onto all that excess mucous.  Thin it out and cough it up! 

Never underestimate Vicks.  I remember my mother putting Vicks on my chest when I had a cold.  Then she would put a piece of baby flannel between me and my jammies and pin it in place.  (Nobody wants Vicks on their jammies.)  What a cheap and dirty technique for breaking up chest congestion.  Did you know you can buy candles that smell like Vicks and stink up your whole room?  You can solve your congestion problems and those of everyone else in the room.   

Always been a big Nyquil fan.  Yes, I know it's mostly alcohol.  Whatever.  The goal is that I wake up feeling better than when I went to bed.  Nyquil works for me. 

Chicken soup really does work.  Canned soup counts.  Go Campbells because they support womens heart health.

Alrighty then, enough wisdom from Peaches at the crack of dawn. 

Feel better my friends.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #246 on: February 23, 2008, 08:51:51 AM »

Cold-eze is tasty?    It always tastes like I have a mouth full of metal pipes.   I do remember the Vicks and I just put on an old T-shirt.  If I have a very sore throat I will still wrap a old sweat sock around my neck.  Many of the other remedies you mention cause problems for me and my prostate.  I would rather put up with a cough than to have a bladder infection.

You are right though about over the counter meds.  I take almost none in a year.  They don't work and besides I don't have enough money left after paying for my Tier 3 medications.

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #247 on: February 23, 2008, 09:59:42 PM »

I am a fan of Vicks.
There is a product called Tiger Balm here. The white is the best as it doesn't stain clothes like the strong red one. It is used for sore muscles and it also works good when you have the flu and a cold.
Last time I was sick with pneumonia, I had to get the strong antibiotics and they were awful. My abdomen and chest were sore from just coughing. But I had no choice but to get the drugs as I had a high fever and infection. This year, I got the flu shot and managed to just get a cold in the fall that went away fairly quickly and did not result in a trip to a doctor. There is a shot for pneumonia I should get, good for five years.
There are women at my work who get script drugs for any little thing and a person pays a price at some point. I try to avoid seeing my doctor as much as possible. I have found myself an overprescriber and need to find a new one. Last presription she wrote, I took to a pharmacist I trust and asked , Would you take this stuff, he said NO. Didn't get the drugs.
I am speaking of minor ailments, lest anyone thinks I advocate they toss the drugs. 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #248 on: February 23, 2008, 10:51:15 PM »

I am a fan of Vicks.
There is a product called Tiger Balm here. The white is the best as it doesn't stain clothes like the strong red one. It is used for sore muscles and it also works good when you have the flu and a cold.
Last time I was sick with pneumonia, I had to get the strong antibiotics and they were awful. My abdomen and chest were sore from just coughing. But I had no choice but to get the drugs as I had a high fever and infection. This year, I got the flu shot and managed to just get a cold in the fall that went away fairly quickly and did not result in a trip to a doctor. There is a shot for pneumonia I should get, good for five years.
There are women at my work who get script drugs for any little thing and a person pays a price at some point. I try to avoid seeing my doctor as much as possible. I have found myself an overprescriber and need to find a new one. Last presription she wrote, I took to a pharmacist I trust and asked , Would you take this stuff, he said NO. Didn't get the drugs.
I am speaking of minor ailments, lest anyone thinks I advocate they toss the drugs. 

Kat ~  the first line of your post almost made me fall out of my chair.  There has been so much talk lately about Michael Vicks , I saw "I am a fan of Vicks", it didn't occur to me right away you were really talking about that good old remedy Vicks Vapor Rub.   I looked at the poster name "KatGram" and I thought wait.  That doesn't sound like KatGram.  She wouldn't be a fan of Vicks (Michael).  Whew!!   Glad I read the rest of the post. 

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #249 on: February 24, 2008, 07:48:28 PM »

This is for the ladies!  I got a chuckle out of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1TVOXdNkFo

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #250 on: February 24, 2008, 09:01:43 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeL9rBcyjII&feature=related
This is an old one, but still funny.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #251 on: February 25, 2008, 12:18:41 PM »

The best thing for a cough is Mucinex.  Drink lots of water.  Thins out the mucous so you can hack it up and get rid of it.  Coughing is useless unless it's productive.  I don't usually take most OTC cold stuff because it all says "if you have glaucoma, high blood pressure" and I don't need any more excitement.  So that leaves me with Nasacort (nasal spray) and Mucinex.  I do like Cold-Eze.  Tasty and they work pretty well. 

Anyway, I'm all about Mucinex.  No point in holding onto all that excess mucous.  Thin it out and cough it up! 

Never underestimate Vicks.  I remember my mother putting Vicks on my chest when I had a cold.  Then she would put a piece of baby flannel between me and my jammies and pin it in place.  (Nobody wants Vicks on their jammies.)  What a cheap and dirty technique for breaking up chest congestion.  Did you know you can buy candles that smell like Vicks and stink up your whole room?  You can solve your congestion problems and those of everyone else in the room.   

Always been a big Nyquil fan.  Yes, I know it's mostly alcohol.  Whatever.  The goal is that I wake up feeling better than when I went to bed.  Nyquil works for me. 

Chicken soup really does work.  Canned soup counts.  Go Campbells because they support womens heart health.

Feel better my friends.

I use Mucinex expectorant, myself, since BP is affected by most over the counter meds.  My doc recommended it for me and I agree with you.  It breaks it all up.  I have a syndrome where meds that should make you drowsy make me hyped.  Codeine is one.  Vick's was a staple in my younger years...I think all the menthol cough losenges are gross...I'd whimp out and only take the cherry Smith Brothers....where are they now??

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #252 on: February 25, 2008, 05:17:58 PM »

Feel better my friends.

I use Mucinex expectorant, myself, since BP is affected by most over the counter meds.  My doc recommended it for me and I agree with you.  It breaks it all up.  I have a syndrome where meds that should make you drowsy make me hyped.  Codeine is one.  Vick's was a staple in my younger years...I think all the menthol cough losenges are gross...I'd whimp out and only take the cherry Smith Brothers....where are they now??

Smith Brothers Cough Drops - Wild Cherry
Health & Beauty / Allergy, Cough & Cold

Click over image to enlarge    Price: $1.46

Case / Inter Pack: 12 / -
Price Per Case: $17.52

Browse more in Allergy, Cough & Cold category

Purchase
Quantity :    

Description
Smith Brothers Cough Drops contain vitamin C and temporarily relieve symptoms associated with sore mouth and sore throat discomfort and irritation. Made in USA. Great Wild Cherry flavor! 50 cough drops per bag.

http://www.storepulls.com/products/Smith_Brothers_Cough_Drops_Wild_Cherry-160374-4031.html
=====================
Smith Brothers Wild Cherry Cough Drops 16oz.

Item Number: HFHB202
$2.69
In Stock

Smith Brothers Cough Drop packaging portrays one of the world’s most famous trademarks. The two bearded gentlemen who distinguish it, affectionately known to generations as Trade and Mark, are legendary. Not well known, however, is the fact that the Smith Brothers really existed. Their names were William (Trade) and Andrew (Mark) and they helped found Smith Brothers in Poughkeepsie, New York in 1847
Quantity

http://www.hometownfavorites.com/products.asp?dept=1048&number=HFHB202
=============================

hotping
Monkey Junky

All Prayers Will Be Answered in Time!

« Reply #253 on: February 26, 2008, 01:34:38 AM »

WALKING THE DOG

A WOMAN was flying from Seattle to San Francisco. Unexpectedly, the plane was diverted to Sacramento along the way. The flight attendant explained that there would be a delay, and if the passengers wanted to get off the aircraft the plane would re-board in 50 minute s.

Everybody got off the plane except one lady who was blind. The man had noticed her as he walked by and could tell the lady was blind because her Seeing Eye dog lay quietly underneath the seats in front of her throughout the entire flight.

He could also tell she had flown this very flight before because the pilot approached her, and calling her by name, said, 'Kathy, we are in Sacramento for almost an hour. Would you like to get off and stretch your legs?' The blind lady replied, 'No thanks, but maybe Buddy would like to stretch his legs.'

Picture this:
All the people in the gate area came to a complete standstill when they looked up and saw the pilot walk off the plane with a Seeing Eye dog! The pilot was even wearing sunglasses. People scattered.They not only tried to change planes, but they were trying to change airlines!

True story... Have a great day and remember...

...THINGS AREN'T ALWAYS AS THEY APPEAR.

A DAY WITHOUT LAUGHTER IS A DAY WASTED!!!

In God We Trust!
Prayers Will Bring Natalee Home!
May 2010 Bring Natalee Home to Rest In Peace!
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #254 on: February 26, 2008, 10:50:37 AM »

Feel better my friends.

Health & Beauty / Allergy, Cough & Cold

Click over image to enlarge    Price: $1.46

Case / Inter Pack: 12 / -
Price Per Case: $17.52

Browse more in Allergy, Cough & Cold category

Purchase
Quantity :    

Description
Smith Brothers Cough Drops contain vitamin C and temporarily relieve symptoms associated with sore mouth and sore throat discomfort and irritation. Made in USA. Great Wild Cherry flavor! 50 cough drops per bag.

http://www.storepulls.com/products/Smith_Brothers_Cough_Drops_Wild_Cherry-160374-4031.html
=====================
Smith Brothers Wild Cherry Cough Drops 16oz.

Item Number: HFHB202
$2.69
In Stock

Smith Brothers Cough Drop packaging portrays one of the world’s most famous trademarks. The two bearded gentlemen who distinguish it, affectionately known to generations as Trade and Mark, are legendary. Not well known, however, is the fact that the Smith Brothers really existed. Their names were William (Trade) and Andrew (Mark) and they helped found Smith Brothers in Poughkeepsie, New York in 1847
Quantity

http://www.hometownfavorites.com/products.asp?dept=1048&number=HFHB202
=============================

Thanks, MuffyBee.  They may be stocked in that aisle in the grocery store, but I honestly haven't looked lately.  I'm old enough to remember them coming in little boxes as did Luddens. 

Hotping, first smile for me, today.  Thanks.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #255 on: February 26, 2008, 02:15:26 PM »

The Dana Pretzer Show on Scared Monkeys Radio - Listen LIVE Tuesday,
February 26th at 9PM Eastern - Guests Include Pat Brown, Robert Peters,
Christopher Lyons, Art Wood and Scared Monkeys

Join Dana this week as he welcomes:

* Pat Brown, Criminal Profiler, discussing the Reno serial rapist /
killer case.
    * Robert Peters from Morality in Media discusses Lindsay Lohan’s
bizarre Marilyn Monroe “Final Sitting” photo shoot.
    * Christopher Lyons from Cops Helping Cops.
    * Updates from former Secret Service Agent Art Wood.
    * Guests from ScaredMonkeys.Com discussing last weekend’s Aruban
protest at the Boston Travel Show.

LISTEN LIVE TUESDAY NIGHT AT 9PM EASTERN
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #256 on: February 26, 2008, 07:23:45 PM »

Mrs. Red...... please stay warm....  I hope you do not have too much to shovel. 

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #257 on: February 27, 2008, 07:08:07 AM »

Today is the celebration of my hatching day.    Mrs. Owl is taking me out for a free dinner of baked meice puddings tonight.

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #258 on: February 27, 2008, 11:02:25 PM »

Happy Birthday Great Owl

Hope you had a great time.

2 4 1
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #259 on: February 27, 2008, 11:09:13 PM »

Thank you, I had a wonderful time.  The meal was delicious.  I even got some calls from my little owletts.   

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.