April 24, 2024, 03:54:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dontrell Johnson, 14 mos. - Missing since 10/4/10 So. Side of Chicago(Body Found  (Read 5954 times)
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« on: October 07, 2010, 11:26:37 AM »

HT - Nana29

Father Won't Reveal Location of Missing Boy: Cops
Police say this 14-month-old toddler has been missing since Monday
By SANDRA TORRES
Updated 8:11 AM CDT, Thu, Oct 7, 2010

Print Share Buzz up! 4retweet0diggsdigg

Police are looking for a 14-month-old toddler who has been missing since Monday from the South Side of Chicago.

His father, who is in police custody, picked up the boy Monday from the 9400 block of South Harvard Avenue in the Roseland area, but refused to return the boy to his mother. He also threatened to do bodily harm to the child.

Police say the toddler's name is Dontrell Johnson. He is approximately 36 inches tall and weighs 27 pounds with brown eyes, dark brown hair and a medium black complexion. He has a dark birthmark of approximately a quarter inch in the center of his forehead.

Anyone with information should call police at 312-747-8274.

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local-beat/Have-You-Seen-This-Missing-Toddler-104483349.html#ixzz11gbYigW6
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 11:37:51 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 11:58:44 AM »

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news/crime/dontrell-johnson-father-taken-missing-infant-wont-say-where-20101007

Chicago - The whereabouts of a 14-month-old boy remains unknown after his father was arrested for refusing to return him to his mother and threatening to harm the child in the Princeton Park neighborhood on the South Side.

On Monday, 14-month-old boy Dontrell Johnson was picked up by his father from the 9400 block of South Harvard Avenue, according to an endangered juvenile alert from Calumet Area detectives. The father then refused to return to the child to the mother and threatened to do bodily harm to the child.

The father was later located and arrested but refuses to divulge the Dontrell¿s whereabouts and the boy remains missing, the alert said.

http://www.southtownstar.com/news/2781444,M_issingBoy-STS-1007.article

The whereabouts of a 14-month-old boy remains unknown after his father was arrested for refusing to return him to his mother and threatening to harm the child in Chicago's Princeton Park neighborhood.

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 06:27:17 PM »

Missing baby dies after being found in lake

Updated at 05:13 PM today
October 7, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A boy who died after being pulled from Lake Michigan has been identified as missing toddler Dontrell Johnson.

The child was pronounced dead Thursday at 3:45 p.m., according to the boy's family. His body was found by a boater in Lake Michigan about three miles from the shore at 68th Street around 2 p.m.

"We had some concerned citizens make a phone call into our marine unit. They were fishing and came upon the baby floating in the water," said Sgt. Jeffrey Coleman, Chicago Special Victims Unit. The citizens apparently brought the baby onboard and took him to Jackson Harbor, where efforts were made to resuscitate the child.

The medical examiner will determine how long the child was in the water.

Dontrell was last seen by his paternal grandmother on Wednesday. His father, Donald Johnson, refused to return the boy to his mother or tell police the whereabouts of the toddler. He is in jail after threatening to harm his son.

Earlier Thursday, Dontrell's mother, Regina Quarles, pleaded for help in finding the missing child. Quarles, 25, called police to report the child missing after her ex-boyfriend Johnson allegedly made threatening phone calls.

"One hundred plus, back to back to back, he kept saying the same thing, 'You don't understand. He gone. Your fault...'" Quarles said of the calls from Johnson.

"He called my phone, 'It's too late.' I said, 'What do you mean by that?' He didn't say," said Quarles sister.

Johnson, 30, has been in police custody at Area 2 Headquarters since Wednesday night.

Quarles said she and Johnson no longer have a relationship, but did share custody of Dontrell. Quarles said Johnson refused to return the toddler and threatened his life after she refused to continue a relationship with him.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=7711472

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 07:10:26 PM »

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 08:12:18 PM »

so sad...always the little children suffer...

Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 09:27:51 PM »

My heart breaks a little more each time. God be with this baby's family.

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 11:39:47 PM »

I'm moving this to "Missing Found Deceased".  Very, very sad.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 02:22:21 PM »

Poor baby.....   an angelic monkey

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2010, 01:35:06 PM »

No bail for dad of boy found floating in lake
October 9, 2010 12:22 PM

A 30-year-old father was ordered held in jail without bail today, charged with murder in connection with the death of his 14-month-old son, whose body was found in Lake Michigan this week.

Police say when they arrested Donald Johnson on Wednesday, he refused to tell them the whereabouts of his son Dontrell after he called the boy's mother and threatened to harm himself and the child. A day later, Dontrell's body was found floating in the lake by a boater near the 68th Street Intake Crib.

Donald Johnson, of the 2200 block of South Princeton Avenue, has been charged with first degree murder in the boy's death. An autopsy done Friday found that Dontrell was strangled.

At Johnson's bond hearing this morning, prosecutors said he was scheduled to have custody of Dontrell from Monday to Thursday. On Wednesday, Johnson was alone at his home with his son, prosecutors said, when the boy began crying. Johnson text-messaged his ex-girlfriend -- Dontrell's mother Regina Quarles -- and asked her to come over, but she refused.

Later, he called her and other relatives, threatening to kill himself and the child.

His ex-girlfriend contacted police, but they didn't immediately find Johnson. At some point, prosecutors said, he called relatives and said Dontrell was "already gone" and "in a better place." Officers arrested him after a relative lured him to a bar for a drink.

When questioned by detectives, Johnson allegedly refused to tell them where the boy was. The boater spotted the boy's body about 2 p.m. the following day. Dontrell was rushed to University of Chicago Comer Children's Hospital and died about 3:45 p.m.

Johnson appeared in court dressed in a white jumpsuit and represented by a public defender. He is next scheduled to appear in court on Oct. 12.

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/10/dontrell-johnson-donald-chicago-lake-michigan.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2010, 08:58:42 PM »

cold and heartless...
how can a father strangle his own baby ?? words fail me...

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2010, 04:28:37 PM »

Man indicted for strangling toddler, tossing body into lake

A South Side man accused of strangling his 14-month-old son and then dumping the body in Lake Michigan was formally charged with murder on Thursday.

Donald Johnson, 30, of the 2200 block of South Princeton, was indicted on a charge of first-degree murder for the death of his son, according to Cook County State's Attorney's office spokeswoman Tandra Simonton.

The body of Dontrell Johnson was found floating in the lake on Oct. 7. The toddler was pronounced dead at the University of Chicago Comer Children’s Hospital after being pulled from the water, the Cook County Medical examiner’s office said.

A boater found the child floating in Lake Michigan off East 68th Street, officials said. An autopsy revealed the baby died of strangulation and his death was ruled a homicide, the medical examiner’s office said.

Johnson, a convicted felon, was charged after Dontrell was positively identified and the autopsy revealed he was murdered, police said. He was ordered held without bond on Oct. 9.

Dontrell had been missing since Oct. 4, when his father picked him up from a relative’s home in the 9400 bock of South Harvard, police said.

On Oct. 6, Johnson began telling the boy's mother and other family members that he might harm the child and himself, police said.

Calumet Area detectives found Johnson on the evening of Oct. 6. After giving police a fictitious name and date of birth during an interview, he was arrested but refused to cooperate, police said.

Police issued an “endangered juvenile” alert saying the father had refused to return Dontrell and threatened the child. The alert said Donald Johnson had been taken into custody but refused to divulge the child’s location.

Johnson recently had sought to reunite with the boy’s mother, a family
spokeswoman said, but she refused.

He is scheduled for arraignment on Nov. 19, Simonton said.

http://www.wlsam.com/Article.asp?id=2009861&spid=

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.