April 26, 2024, 03:12:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kidnapper of Steven Stayner dies in California prison  (Read 1798 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: January 22, 2008, 06:23:51 PM »

http://**/localnews/ci_8045214

By Don Thompson, Associated Press
Article Launched: 01/22/2008 01:14:06 PM PST

SACRAMENTO _ Kenneth Eugene Parnell, one of California's most notorious child molesters, has died of natural causes while serving a life sentence.
Parnell, 76, died at the California Medical Facility in Vacaville on Monday, corrections officials said Tuesday.

He was convicted of kidnapping 7-year-old Steven Stayner in 1972 and keeping him until 1980. That's when Parnell abducted a second boy and Stayner fled, taking the boy with him.

Stayner's story was told in the television movie "I Know My First Name is Steven." He died in a motorcycle accident in 1989.

Stayner's brother, Cary, is awaiting execution for killing four women in Yosemite National Park in 1999.

Parnell was paroled after serving prison time for the earlier kidnappings. In 2004, he was sentenced to 25 years to life after he attempted to abduct another child.

Prosecutors said he asked the sister of his former caretaker to deliver a 4-year-old boy to his Berkeley apartment in exchange for $500. The woman went to police instead.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.