April 28, 2024, 01:11:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #715 1/25 - 1/29/08  (Read 306836 times)
jackb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #660 on: January 28, 2008, 12:09:08 PM »

Robots - Anita describing Natalee's underwear happened at that meeting Beth had with Greta at the Sloot home.  The one that the Sloots didn't want taped.  Greta mentioned something about it when she originally aired the short portion they did tape.

What about this scenario:  Joran takes NH to his house and he and the sloot guys and whomever is there mistreats her, injures her.  Meanwhile Anita gets back early, if she is ever away in the first place and blames NH for everything being the wife, etc.  She injures NH farther out of jealousy and everyone is keeping quiet to protect her. She may have been gone, but may not have.  The sloots were just to eager to say she was in the Netherlands and give her an alibi.  It is strange that NO one has gotten word out, and it is easier to blame the victim if the "poor wife" is put upon by a younger and more beautiful woman.  Jealousy listens to no reason when a wife is "scorned."  Not to say there were not some partying before Anita gets to the scene.  That may be different, but there again, the whole thing is wild.    Jack b
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #661 on: January 28, 2008, 12:09:13 PM »

Words spoken in 2005 or 2008 are still words spoken and ... without a change of heart ... I contend that the words of  “a long time friend and spiritual adviser” of a man who may become the President of the United States of America very troubling.

The words imply that Rev. Jeremiah Wright perceives the Natalee Holloway case as a black and white issue ... not an issue which involves an American citizen who is being denied justice by a corrupt Aruban investigation.

Janet

+++++++++++++++++++

Rev. Jeremiah Wright:

Sen. Barack Obama's longtime friend and spiritual adviser trashed the memory of a missing and presumed dead American teenage girl, according to church publications reviewed by WND.

Rev. Jeremiah Wright, the controversial minister of Obama's church in Chicago, cited the case of Natalee Holloway's disappearance in Aruba in complaining about what he sees as the media's bias in covering white victims of crime over black victims.

"Black women are being raped daily in Darfur, Sudan, in the Congo and in Sub-Saharan Africa. That doesn't make news," Wright said in the August 2005 edition of Trumpet Magazine, a publication of his Trinity United Church of Christ.

But, "One 18-year-old white girl from Alabama gets drunk on a graduation trip to Aruba, goes off and 'gives it up' while in a foreign country, and that stays in the news for months!" he added. "Maybe I am missing something!"

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #662 on: January 28, 2008, 12:10:42 PM »

SO FEW TOURISTS IN THE WARM ARUBA SUN AND PLACID AZURE BLUE WATERS - sigh Oh dear tell the financial wizards what van der Sloots and Kalpoes cost em - THE TOURIST INDUSTRY

SOLVE THE CASE
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #663 on: January 28, 2008, 12:18:26 PM »

LOL,

but but but but
tourism is up - according to the LIARS

hehehhehhee

its sinking like a ROCK

let it SINK - its nothing but a Cesspool 

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #664 on: January 28, 2008, 12:22:49 PM »

aruba is a rotten hell hole

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
Miss Scarlet
Scared Monkey

« Reply #665 on: January 28, 2008, 12:23:07 PM »

Words spoken in 2005 or 2008 are still words spoken and ... without a change of heart ... I contend that the words of  “a long time friend and spiritual adviser” of a man who may become the President of the United States of America very troubling.

The words imply that Rev. Jeremiah Wright perceives the Natalee Holloway case as a black and white issue ... not an issue which involves an American citizen who is being denied justice by a corrupt Aruban investigation.

Janet

+++++++++++++++++++

Rev. Jeremiah Wright:

Sen. Barack Obama's longtime friend and spiritual adviser trashed the memory of a missing and presumed dead American teenage girl, according to church publications reviewed by WND.

Rev. Jeremiah Wright, the controversial minister of Obama's church in Chicago, cited the case of Natalee Holloway's disappearance in Aruba in complaining about what he sees as the media's bias in covering white victims of crime over black victims.

"Black women are being raped daily in Darfur, Sudan, in the Congo and in Sub-Saharan Africa. That doesn't make news," Wright said in the August 2005 edition of Trumpet Magazine, a publication of his Trinity United Church of Christ.

But, "One 18-year-old white girl from Alabama gets drunk on a graduation trip to Aruba, goes off and 'gives it up' while in a foreign country, and that stays in the news for months!" he added. "Maybe I am missing something!"

While no one in the pew is likely to agree 100% with the one in the pulpit, for the most part they do. 

It is a bit troubling because usually if one vehemently disagrees over a large issue, they go find somewhere else to worship that is more aligned with their belief system.

moo
Helen Back
Monkey Junky

« Reply #666 on: January 28, 2008, 12:24:12 PM »

Janet

+++++++++++++++++++

Rev. Jeremiah Wright:

Not a comment you would expect from a "man of God", making a difference between one of God's children and another.

I certainly don't need that kind of spiritual adviser.

Helen Back
Monkey Junky

« Reply #667 on: January 28, 2008, 12:26:08 PM »

LOL,

but but but but

hehehhehhee

its sinking like a ROCK

Wonder how many of the "booked" hotel rooms are paid for in CASH?   

Miss Scarlet
Scared Monkey

« Reply #668 on: January 28, 2008, 12:28:05 PM »

SO FEW TOURISTS IN THE WARM ARUBA SUN AND PLACID AZURE BLUE WATERS - sigh Oh dear tell the financial wizards what van der Sloots and Kalpoes cost em - THE TOURIST INDUSTRY

SOLVE THE CASE

Not only that, if I were a potential tourist (which I'm not), and I was aware of this case (who isn't?), I would definately have to think many times over about going.  With so few there, your chances of being victimized are far greater than they were almost three years ago!

moo
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #669 on: January 28, 2008, 12:29:02 PM »

LOL,

but but but but

hehehhehhee

its sinking like a ROCK

Wonder how many of the "booked" hotel rooms are paid for in CASH?   

If they are not on the beach, where are they????

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #670 on: January 28, 2008, 12:32:01 PM »

Janet - I agree with what you are saying about Obama's pastor and his words.  All I'm saying is as far as the Natalee Holloway case goes it's old news.  It's probably more suited to be re-discussed now in the political forum as a reason not to vote for Obama.
Miss Scarlet
Scared Monkey

« Reply #671 on: January 28, 2008, 12:32:24 PM »

Helen,

I don't need or want that kind of (and I use the term loosely) 'spiritual adviser' either!
BUCKSHOT
Monkey Junky

« Reply #672 on: January 28, 2008, 12:32:42 PM »

However, I recall reading an article at one time (here at SM, of course) when Paulus learned that a ship was coming that could scan the ocean floor with pictures of such clarity, he responded in total astonishment, "they can do that"?  For me, that let me know for certain she is in the water.  Otherwise, his reaction would not have been such a declaration of wonder.  He thought he'd covered all the bases.

not to be disrespectful, but... how do you know he said that. were you there or are you paulus??

Miss Scarlet
Scared Monkey

« Reply #673 on: January 28, 2008, 12:34:05 PM »

Janet - I agree with what you are saying about Obama's pastor and his words.  All I'm saying is as far as the Natalee Holloway case goes it's old news.  It's probably more suited to be re-discussed now in the political forum as a reason not to vote for Obama.

Correct.  I'm glad it got posted though, because I don't recall seeing it before.
Miss Scarlet
Scared Monkey

« Reply #674 on: January 28, 2008, 12:35:36 PM »

However, I recall reading an article at one time (here at SM, of course) when Paulus learned that a ship was coming that could scan the ocean floor with pictures of such clarity, he responded in total astonishment, "they can do that"?  For me, that let me know for certain she is in the water.  Otherwise, his reaction would not have been such a declaration of wonder.  He thought he'd covered all the bases.

not to be disrespectful, but... how do you know he said that. were you there or are you paulus??

As stated above, I read it here.  And, no, I am not Paulus.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #675 on: January 28, 2008, 12:37:19 PM »

Janet

+++++++++++++++++++

Rev. Jeremiah Wright:

Not a comment you would expect from a "man of God", making a difference between one of God's children and another.

I certainly don't need that kind of spiritual adviser.

To me, the church is about more than the preacher.  He is fallable, as we all are.  I can't imagine where that level of prejudice comes from.  I too was insulted. 

I don't know that I would leave my church because of a preacher (man), I might want to stay because of my God, or my family, moo.  I don't know his reasoning for staying or if he talked to his preacher about this.

I found this and thought it was interesting:

Sen. Kennedy Backing Obama for President

WASHINGTON (AP) — Two generations of Kennedys — Massachusetts Sen. Edward Kennedy and his son, Rep. Patrick Kennedy of Rhode Island — are endorsing fellow Democrat Barack Obama for president.

Obama's campaign said the senator planned to attend midday event at American University along with his niece, Caroline Kennedy, who announced her support for Obama over the weekend.

Robin Costello, a spokeswoman for Patrick Kennedy, told The Associated Press in a telephone interview that the senator and congressman probably will campaign around the country for Obama, although no concrete plans are set yet.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gmY_8TWtY5H8uNRYWky_QFzs9p3wD8UEVOR00

I believe in miracles!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #676 on: January 28, 2008, 12:37:54 PM »

I seem to remember reading something like that too...I can't remember where or when though.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
jackb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #677 on: January 28, 2008, 12:42:45 PM »

Janet

+++++++++++++++++++

Rev. Jeremiah Wright:

Coming from a man who has the odassity to run for President in this country after having trained in a terrorist organization and used dope, I am not suprised.  He needs to mind his own business and if he can do so much, perhaps a move to Sudan would be wiser on his part, since the color there seems to suit him so much.  He just made me know he is up to no good.  He is a divider and manipulator and needs to stay out of the affairs of those that are not enhancing his run for the presidency in a diversly ethnic country.  He just ruined any chance of getting votes to secure his position in this great country.  It is just too great for the likes of him.    Jack Blue
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #678 on: January 28, 2008, 12:43:31 PM »

Sorry, Klaas, it takes me so long to make a post that I am often a day late and a dollar short.

I believe in miracles!
BUCKSHOT
Monkey Junky

« Reply #679 on: January 28, 2008, 12:45:40 PM »

ms scarlet,

i was definitely not trying to be disrepectful to your post, but when i read it, i thought to myself..."how could anyone know exaclty what he said - were they there?"
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.