April 24, 2024, 11:15:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Ugly American  (Read 2371 times)
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« on: January 26, 2008, 08:46:54 PM »

His name is Bill and he destroyed the legacy he built when he started being so nasty, rude and angry, not to mention his lack of self control.

Her name is Hill and she was popular as the wife of Bill. Currently she has become a caricature of herself, screaming shrilly into a microphone while fighting unfairly.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 10:25:30 PM »

So now both Hillary and Bill Clinton are looked upon as divisive. The once admired and sought after campaigner has become a negative influence as well. Maybe the Democratic Party has wised up and has a case of Clinton fatigue.

This is what happens when people are all consumed with power. They get down right nasty when they do not get their way. Bill & Hillary are about if they already have not, fractured the Democratic party in a major way.

Exit polls: Bill Clinton's effect

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/01/26/exit-polls-bill-clintons-effect/

(CNN) — Bill Clinton's aggressive campaigning in South Carolina in the days leading up to the state's primary may have had a net negative effect among South Carolina’s Democratic primary voters, CNN exit polls indicate.

Roughly 6 in 10 South Carolina Democratic primary voters said Bill Clinton's campaigning was important in how they ultimately decided to vote, and of those voters, 48 percent went for Barack Obama while only 37 percent went for Hillary Clinton. Fourteen percent of those voters voted for John Edwards

Meanwhile, the exit polls also indicate Obama easily beat Clinton among those voters who decided in the last three days — when news reports heavily covered the former president's heightened criticisms of Obama. Twenty percent of South Carolina Democrats made their decision in the last three days and 51 percent of them chose Obama, while only 21 percent picked Clinton.

Bill Clinton's presence on the trail was "very important" to roughly a quarter of those surveyed. Among those voters, Hillary Clinton edged out Barack Obama, 46 to 42 percent.

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 06:55:00 PM »

Red,

I think you said it all.

I adored Bill and Hill. They say it takes a long time to know someone. After eight years in the White House, I thought I knew them. Apparently not.

Right now I want to say "Kill Bill." 

Martin Luther King, Jr., wrote, "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." I have lived by this quote for most of my life.  It is really a great test. People can behave well when things are going their way and turn into monsters of negativity when things are not going their way.

"Kill Bill." 

Few people are wise and patient enough to measure a man by "where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." Regardless, the most important things about a man are revealed by how he conducts himself when he is displeased, distraught, or distressed. Dr. King's words of wisdom behoove us to remake and renew ourselves as men who are magnanimous even when our lives and relationships are not magnificent - as men who are charitable, courteous, and chivalrous not just when it is convenient, but even when it takes all the positive energy we can muster. Adopting such an approach to dealing with adversity, a man distinguishes himself from the great mass and majority of misguided males who believe kindness is a weakness.

http://www.xyonline.net/Measure_of_a_man.shtml

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 08:37:24 AM »

Red,

I think you said it all.

I adored Bill and Hill. They say it takes a long time to know someone. After eight years in the White House, I thought I knew them. Apparently not.

Right now I want to say "Kill Bill." 

Martin Luther King, Jr., wrote, "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." I have lived by this quote for most of my life.  It is really a great test. People can behave well when things are going their way and turn into monsters of negativity when things are not going their way.

"Kill Bill." 

Few people are wise and patient enough to measure a man by "where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." Regardless, the most important things about a man are revealed by how he conducts himself when he is displeased, distraught, or distressed. Dr. King's words of wisdom behoove us to remake and renew ourselves as men who are magnanimous even when our lives and relationships are not magnificent - as men who are charitable, courteous, and chivalrous not just when it is convenient, but even when it takes all the positive energy we can muster. Adopting such an approach to dealing with adversity, a man distinguishes himself from the great mass and majority of misguided males who believe kindness is a weakness.

http://www.xyonline.net/Measure_of_a_man.shtml

Hi Louise

I enjoy your lively adventures and have been feverishly checking out the news.  I figure I will be watching TV one day and see you on there, front and center, giving Billary a piece of your mind.

Keep up your meaningful heartfelt commentaries.  If they don't motivate people to get out and vote, I don't know what will.  thumleft

I am not enjoying this latest Hill-Billy show either.  I can't hear them with all their shouting.

BH

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 08:38:23 PM »

Hi Bearly,

Thanks for your adorable response.

I am going to write one or two adventures tonight, but first I want to post something about John Edwards.

With much love to you,
Louise

PS: The term "The Ugly American" originated as the title of a 1958 book by authors William Lederer and Eugene Burdick, The Ugly American. The film adaptation of the novel came out in 1963, directed by George Englund and starring Marlon Brando. Englund was nominated for a Golden Globe award as director of the film.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.