April 27, 2024, 02:30:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #716 1/29 - 1/31/08  (Read 514673 times)
ala_gunslinger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #140 on: January 30, 2008, 06:03:35 PM »

Gunslinger - Can you tell us if you believe the call you heard could have been Natalee? 

Yes, I do.

You all know how Greta has a teaser when going to a commercial break?  On the one year aniversary, she had most of the girls on the show for an interview.  Going to a commercial break she teases how someone in the group will never delete their voice mail, find out why when we return.  She never mentions it again.

Existence is futile.
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #141 on: January 30, 2008, 06:05:38 PM »

I understood Beth to say the phone call to the house came months later and was ascertained to be a crank call. 

I think that was the call after the hurricane. The blog rumors back in 2005 had a short recording on a answering machine. I think the rumor had a Aruban male voice asking her name..She said Natalee then the call was disconnected.

The hurricane rumor, as i recall had to do with someones lines being crossed and a reported sighting of Natalee in a bar/brothel in Barranquilla Columbia. Maybe this is as you remember *******?......or just one of the many rumors, as you said they were rampant at that time.

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #142 on: January 30, 2008, 06:05:45 PM »

Gunslinger - Can you tell us if you believe the call you heard could have been Natalee? 

Jug Twitty
Monkey Questionair
January 29, 2008

1) The phone call Charles Croes listened to on William's voice mail that first night, was that found to be a misscall having nothing to do with the case?

Jug: yes

Beth Twitty
Birmingham Meeting/Questions and Answers
October 28, 2006

15. Did Natalee make any phone calls that night?

There was a strange call to a friend of hers (William) but there is no evidence that it was from Natalee. The message was on his Cell phone and he retreived it on the airplane on the way home.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #143 on: January 30, 2008, 06:07:44 PM »

Hmmmmmmmmmm

That is correct.....and the 29th was a Sunday...Sander must have had detention Cool

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
ala_gunslinger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #144 on: January 30, 2008, 06:08:04 PM »

Jug Twitty
Monkey Questionair
January 29, 2008

1) The phone call Charles Croes listened to on William's voice mail that first night, was that found to be a misscall having nothing to do with the case?

Jug: yes

Beth Twitty
Birmingham Meeting/Questions and Answers
October 28, 2006

15. Did Natalee make any phone calls that night?

There was a strange call to a friend of hers (William) but there is no evidence that it was from Natalee. The message was on his Cell phone and he retreived it on the airplane on the way home.

That is the call I heard.

Existence is futile.
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #145 on: January 30, 2008, 06:12:07 PM »

I understood Beth to say the phone call to the house came months later and was ascertained to be a crank call. 

I think that was the call after the hurricane. The blog rumors back in 2005 had a short recording on a answering machine. I think the rumor had a Aruban male voice asking her name..She said Natalee then the call was disconnected.

The hurricane rumor, as i recall had to do with someones lines being crossed and a reported sighting of Natalee in a bar/brothel in Barranquilla Columbia. Maybe this is as you remember *******?......or just one of the many rumors, as you said they were rampant at that time.
I remember Dave saying he thought the lines were crossed or something after the hurricane and they believe it was just that,neither Beth or Dave think it was Natalee. Perhaps even a young girl just dialing the wrong number.

But the recording on the answering machine came out the same time at RWV months earlier when they mentioned the call to Williams voice mail. Just one of the many rumors 
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 06:15:17 PM by Observer » Logged

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #146 on: January 30, 2008, 06:13:05 PM »

I feel like they called Croes because they mistook the message from the AM of Sunday with being the PM of Sunday or the AM of Monday, the confusion of the date and all of the excitement, and they thought the phone call might be of importance. But it wasn't.

PI and Gunslinger, thank you.  That explanation clears it up for me.  I was confused.  I wanted to believe Gunslinger who said he heard the call, but then the family said it was not from Natalee, but then Croes said on Greta that Beth asked him to listen to a call...  I think you can see why I was confused!  Apparently there was a call, but it must have been a wrong number or something and was not related to this case as it was made the night before Natalee went missing.  I think I understand now.  If not, someone will correct me!   

Of course that was just one phone call that bugged me and when I saw Matt I asked him and he explained this one to me.

I remember Dave clearing this up.  Do you or does anyone remember what show that was on?

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #147 on: January 30, 2008, 06:14:38 PM »

Yes, I do.

You all know how Greta has a teaser when going to a commercial break?  On the one year aniversary, she had most of the girls on the show for an interview.  Going to a commercial break she teases how someone in the group will never delete their voice mail, find out why when we return.  She never mentions it again.

Why?  Is this part of the proof?
ala_gunslinger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #148 on: January 30, 2008, 06:17:22 PM »

Yes, I do.

Why?  Is this part of the proof?

According to my belief system, it is.

Then again, your BS is as good as or better than my BS.

Existence is futile.
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #149 on: January 30, 2008, 06:19:33 PM »

Yes, I do.

The phone call to Jugs phone at home comes in,
bug - yes, the phone call I am talking about is confirmed by different sources, that did happen. It was also told to me that there was another to "a" residence. I cant confrim that - worry about it to a degree. but it probably did happen as well.
Posted by: Dan | August 14, 2005 01:41 AM
http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2005/08/natalee_hollowa_32.html

Greta's statement is that the time of the call is unknown.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,162501,00.html

But we do know that Beth has stated the time of the call to Bryan Reynolds was 3:15 AM, therefore it can be surmised that there was another phone call

AND that means Beth is accurate with her statement that Natalee was at VDS home at one point.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0510/04/ng.01.html

JORAN STATES HE TOOK NATALEE TO HIS HOME AT 1:40 AM AND HE HAD SEX WITH HER
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNM32lS81Zc

BETH: HE HAD SEX WITH MY DAUGHTER
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNM32lS81Zc
This is backed up with Dompig's statement that “we now believe they went back to VDS home.”
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006...644_page5.shtml

Beth mentioned the phone call from Natalee on Abrams: "I don't even know these guys.." and it cut off.http://rjames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49&page=6&pp=10

On Scaredmonkeys today, one of Natalee's classmates (Country Moon) said that the "call" Beth listened to over and over and with C. Croes had strange background sounds on it. Then when she got to the VDS house, she heard the same sound. When Beth arrived at the VDS house that first night, there was the same sound. It was the next door neighbor's monkey that had been left outside while they were on vacation and was mad, hot, thirsty and screeching.

[If you listen to the interview that Greta did with Nadria, the noise is not a monkey, but that of a rooster. The monkey would indicate a strange background noise]

REMEMBER THE STATE TROOPER LISTENED TO THE PHONE CALL, that is when Beth said "my daughter has been kidnapped"http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8983858/

[Beth is a speech therapist. Trained ear]

The circumstances were disturbing,” said Bachus, who formally requested the FBI’s involvement. “I can’t get into it, but it’s something the family is aware of. There was an immediate recognition that this was not simply a teen who wandered off.”[/color]

NE Article 07/18/05
Desperate Last Cry For Help That Could Trap Aruba Killers

The NE has discovered what may have been a last cry for help from NH. Shortly after she was last seen, she left a message on a close friend's cell phone. In the background was a male voice asking, "Are you calling home?"

GRETA: am most anxious to find out if there was e-mail traffic or  phone traffic among the three in custody in the early morning hours of May  30. I am also curious whether Paul van der Sloot used his phone between midnight and 7 a.m. on May 30

GRETA ANSWER: Here is what I know about a phone call: Apparently a friend of  Natalee's received a call to his voice mail/answering machine. There  was background noise and then someone said something like, "Are you  calling home?" As far as I know the phones were then disconnected and
 nothing else was recorded. I do not know if that call was from Natalee or  from her cell phone or one she may have used. Incidentally, not all USA  cell phone service works in Aruba. My AT&T cell phone works there, but  my Verizon cell phone does not. And yes — I know — what kind of person
 has two cell phones? It is a bit nutty but I have two cell phones with  different service. Why? For the very reason that some times I am in  areas where service is limited. One other thing about the phone call — it
 is not clear when it was received by the person receiving th e message.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,162501,00.html  7/14/05

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #150 on: January 30, 2008, 06:22:32 PM »

I remember Dave saying he thought the lines were crossed or something after the hurricane and they believe it was just that,neither Beth or Dave think it was Natalee. Perhaps even a young girl just dialing the wrong number.

But the recording on the answering machine came out the same time at RWV months earlier when they mentioned the call to Williams voice mail. Just one of the many rumors 

Dave was responding to a question about a phone call made during the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina when a fake phone call came in. Dr.Phil's mention of that phone call is the one that was bogus. The first mentioning of the phone call with "I don't know these guys" is the phone call that Charles Croes alledges to have listened to several times.

AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #151 on: January 30, 2008, 06:25:35 PM »

But, Kermit, if the date on the phone call was May 28 (Sunday morning at 3:15 AM) instead of May 29 (Monday morning at 3:15 AM), then it could not have been Natalee calling while in distress.  So doesn't this negate most of these earlier references?

BRING NATALEE HOME
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #152 on: January 30, 2008, 06:26:04 PM »

This is waht I had saved

Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject:     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From RWV via TBHS:

One male, said to be a close friend of Natalee Hollway discovered a message as he was riding home to Mountain Brook on a bus with other students and some chaperones. While I'm unable to verify the originating number of the call, I've been told it was not thought to be the cell phone of Natalee Holloway.

The message could not be clearly made out by ear and was characterized as being garbled "Aruban" voices. The call is said to have been originated in the "middle of the night" on the first evening of Natalee's disappearance.

A second "missed call" message is said to have been discovered by a female friend and possible vacation roommate of Natalee Holloway while flying home with the group from Aruba. The two groups of students mentioned were on separate flights.

As reported earlier, it is has been said that the remaining chaperone did use Natalee Holloway's cell phone the next day to reach her friends for more information that might have helped in finding Natalee early on in her disappearance. While that timing suggests the second call could have been placed by the chaperone, one source insists the missed call message was time stamped at 4 AM the previous night. That information has not been corroborated.

Attempts to clarify the circumstances surrounding Natalee's cell phone usage for the trip, specifically did she rent an alternate cell phone, as is common practice for some while visiting Aruba, were met with a no comment from one likely phone provider.

It is possible she had an additional phone resulting in some confusion as to where her cell phone was at any point in time. Also, the time stamp of the missed call from her phone could have been misinterpreted or reported incorrectly from the owner of the phone. It is assumed that authorities have verified those issues.

In the first instance above the young man notified a chaperone upon receiving the phone message and students quickly began to surmise that cell phones and any possible messages could become relevant to any potential investigation. I've been told that at that point most if not all phones were switched off and handed in, presumably to be handed over to investigating authorities.

I have no information as regards other possible phone messages left with anyone linked to this case.

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #153 on: January 30, 2008, 06:29:30 PM »

It is assumed that authorities have verified those issues.
I'm sure the family and the authorities know the correct time stamp on the call that the classmate received.  Since I have heard no more about it, I believe PI when he says Matt told him it was not the date when Natalee disappeared.

BRING NATALEE HOME
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #154 on: January 30, 2008, 06:34:57 PM »

It is assumed that authorities have verified those issues.
I'm sure the family and the authorities know the correct time stamp on the call that the classmate received.  Since I have heard no more about it, I believe PI when he says Matt told him it was not the date when Natalee disappeared.

Could a cover-up have been started surrounding the times as early as this?

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #155 on: January 30, 2008, 06:40:28 PM »

I think the cover up started when Joran called Daddy that night Natalee became missing.
Remember something bad happened and Joran was going to show them where they burried Natalee, I think Joran was shocked when she wasn't  where they put her .
Why because Daddy had someone move her to a new location.
Cover up from the start

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #156 on: January 30, 2008, 06:40:52 PM »

Does anybody know if the origins of a voice mail message can be traced?

Thanks you.

Janet

+++++++++++++

Greta Van Susteren
On the Record w/ Greta
July 14, 2005

Here is what I know about a phone call: Apparently a friend of Natalee's received a call to his voice mail/answering machine. There was background noise and then someone said something like, "Are you calling home?" As far as I know the phones were then disconnected and nothing else was recorded. I do not know if that call was from Natalee or from her cell phone or one she may have used.http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,162501,00.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
private eye
Monkey Junky

« Reply #157 on: January 30, 2008, 06:43:35 PM »

I feel like they called Croes because they mistook the message from the AM of Sunday with being the PM of Sunday or the AM of Monday, the confusion of the date and all of the excitement, and they thought the phone call might be of importance. But it wasn't.

PI and Gunslinger, thank you.  That explanation clears it up for me.  I was confused.  I wanted to believe Gunslinger who said he heard the call, but then the family said it was not from Natalee, but then Croes said on Greta that Beth asked him to listen to a call...  I think you can see why I was confused!  Apparently there was a call, but it must have been a wrong number or something and was not related to this case as it was made the night before Natalee went missing.  I think I understand now.  If not, someone will correct me!   

So there was a phone call to the house as well.

No there was 1 phone call to a phone, a message was left. There was not a phone call to Matt's house.
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #158 on: January 30, 2008, 06:44:47 PM »

I think the cover up started when Joran called Daddy that night Natalee became missing.
Remember something bad happened and Joran was going to show them where they burried Natalee, I think Joran was shocked when she wasn't  where they put her .
Why because Daddy had someone move her to a new location.
Cover up from the start

Yes agree. The perps started then and mushroomed from there.

Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #159 on: January 30, 2008, 06:46:42 PM »

Does anybody know if the origins of a voice mail message can be traced?

Thanks you.

Janet

+++++++++++++
The call can most definetly be traced to the phone that made the call. Probably from both the Aruban side and the American.

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.