April 27, 2024, 05:01:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #716 1/29 - 1/31/08  (Read 514702 times)
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #900 on: January 31, 2008, 05:49:47 PM »

Posted at RU from this show   http://pauwenwitteman.vara.nl/uitzending.php?id=290 :

Beth:
"Look at what they have done,
what they've done to Natalee, what they've done to our country.
What they've done to... to..."

Peter: "To you?"

Beth: Look what they've done...
look what they've done to Natalee"

This reaction and Beth's words would have to rate alongside the picture of Beth leaving the Aruban meeting supported by two men as the two most heart wrenching events in this whole sorry saga.

Even though I could probably accept no retributions to the perpetrators and those who orchestrated the cover-up I still hope that they all fry in hell.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #901 on: January 31, 2008, 05:50:25 PM »

Posted by Daniel at RU:

Daniel Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:44 pm   

Again, to the nay-sayers, you would be wise to open up to the possibility that De Vries actually *did* crack the case. I understand your hesitation because you haven't seen anyone of any moral fibre on TV since Walter Cronkite resigned, but we haven't degenerated to that level over here yet. De Vries is a credible and legitimate journalist, and he's not going to make an ass of himself by raising expectations that he won't meet. 
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #902 on: January 31, 2008, 05:50:36 PM »

Joe T. is in Italy
http://www.nypost.com/seven/01302008/gossip/pagesix/lawyer_reports_305080.htm

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #903 on: January 31, 2008, 05:51:44 PM »

I don't mean to be dense but when I go to the link for P & W, then what? 

".....A source close to the investigation told NBC that the information is a secretly recorded conversation between Joran van der Sloot, a Dutch man who was a suspect in the case, and a person previously unknown to investigators in Aruba."

Where are my English teachers?  The noun "Joran van der Sloot" goes with "a Dutch man who was a suspect in the case".  AND  "a person...."  This would someone new.

hi Peaches....ye,s as far as I can see...a new person...one not formerly known to aruban investigators...a plant???

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #904 on: January 31, 2008, 05:51:49 PM »

".....A source close to the investigation told NBC that the information is a secretly recorded conversation between Joran van der Sloot, a Dutch man who was a suspect in the case, and a person previously unknown to investigators in Aruba."

Where are my English teachers?  The noun "Joran van der Sloot" goes with "a Dutch man who was a suspect in the case".  AND  "a person...."  This would someone new.

I guess we have to interpret whether this means 1, 2, or 3 different people!!

I contend "person" is singular. 

Help me out here, Sunny!

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #905 on: January 31, 2008, 05:51:52 PM »

A Correlone family reunion??

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #906 on: January 31, 2008, 05:52:48 PM »

The " they" might be referring to the people who dissed Natalee.. ie the Aruba ALE , the Aruban media, the Arubans we know from the Blogs, the Aruban prosecutors office, the ones who forever harp the answers lie in MB, let Beth take a lie detector, and what about Jug, he has connections to the White House, blah blah blah, the Joe T's, the Gerties, the crap that Karin Janssen wrote about is there a
relationship between Beth and Hitler, hey, let's just look and see if anyone in Natalee's family ever picked thier nose and blame them. 
All this to save their tourism ...
She ran away ...
She went to a party.....
I could go on and on..
Maybe there is enough to get JVSloot in a wrongful death suit and take away his " life " in another way.
And Aruba too...   
casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #907 on: January 31, 2008, 05:53:10 PM »

The phrase "a Dutch man who was a suspect in the case" is what you call an appositive renaming Joran van der Sloot,thus it is set off with commas.  If you take it out read the sentence and you will see they are talking about Joran AND someone that has not been a suspect before.  That's this English teachers take on the comment! 
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #908 on: January 31, 2008, 05:54:18 PM »

From http://equivocationnation.blogspot.com/

Dutch TV channel SBS 6 just reported that there are strong rumours that Joran van der Sloot just confessed to the murder. Neighbours in Arnhem, where Van der Sloot studies law haven't seen him at all the last few weeks.

The Aruban Justice department is reporting that arrests will be made soon and apparently de Vries managed to get a hidden camera confession out of van der Sloot. The rumour is that van der Sloot claims it was an accident.

De Vries definitively stated that Natalee Holloway is dead and that he knows how she died and what happened to the body. Natalee's mother, Beth Twitty is reportedly flying back to the U.S. shortly.

thanks....I hope this is accurate!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #909 on: January 31, 2008, 05:55:51 PM »

hi Peaches....ye,s as far as I can see...a new person...one not formerly known to aruban investigators...a plant???

Having just watched all the posted videos, I got the impression a young Dutch man (not formerly know to aruban investigators cuz he's Dutch and they only met since JVDS has been in school in Holland) had made friends with JVDS and once he realized WHO his friend was, he contacted DeVries to present the opportunity to perhaps extract information from JVDS.  JMHO

Expect a miracle.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #910 on: January 31, 2008, 05:56:32 PM »

The phrase "a Dutch man who was a suspect in the case" is what you call an appositive renaming Joran van der Sloot,thus it is set off with commas.  If you take it out read the sentence and you will see they are talking about Joran AND someone that has not been a suspect before.  That's this English teachers take on the comment! 

What should be the proper punctuation to reflect 2 people?

Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #911 on: January 31, 2008, 05:57:40 PM »

LMAO!  He was greasing up my TV screen a minute ago blabbering about something but I have the volume down. 

It's a good day, friends.  Have faith.  Be patient.  What's the phrase "watch and pray"? 

Expect a miracle.
casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #912 on: January 31, 2008, 05:58:36 PM »

The punctuation is correct as it is to mean 2 people.  The appositive is set off in commas and that is correct punctuation.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #913 on: January 31, 2008, 05:58:46 PM »

Posted at RU from this show   http://pauwenwitteman.vara.nl/uitzending.php?id=290 :

Beth:
"Look at what they have done,
what they've done to Natalee, what they've done to our country.
What they've done to... to..."

Peter: "To you?"

Beth: Look what they've done...
look what they've done to Natalee"

My heart breaks for the family of Natalee Holloway.

I am so skeptical that Aruba giving the family another ride on the emotional roller coaster from H---.

I pray with all my heart that this feeling I cannot shake is wrong.

I am going to wait this out and see what develops prior to again  boarding that roller coaster.  Been there ... done that too many times.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #914 on: January 31, 2008, 05:59:12 PM »

VIDEO FRAGMENT OF THE INTERVIEW WITH BETH

http://www.peterrdevries.com/quote-beth.htm

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #915 on: January 31, 2008, 05:59:51 PM »

I think some may be reading it as what we call items in a series and thinking that it means 3 people.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #916 on: January 31, 2008, 06:00:09 PM »

Thank you.  You ROCK!  I didn't remember that it was an appositive but by golly, I was on the right track.   

Expect a miracle.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #917 on: January 31, 2008, 06:00:25 PM »

This accidental death scenario is crap!! All this say's for me if true is Joran is indeed admitting he is responsible. He opened up a can of worms and all the other evidence and witnesses will prove he is FOS about dumping Natalee's body by himself. Even if the death was accidental manslaughter theres alot more lesser charges to be tacked on like drugging her,rape,kidnapping and hiding her body. If Natalee's body is found I am confident the forensics will disclose a head wound and prove he is lying. Not only that but we know we have multiple witnesses who say Joran drugged them and sexually assaulted them in the past plus the bartender that had seen them practicly dragging Natalee out of C&C because she could barely walk. Also his psychologist who talked to Dan Riehl and he admitted Joran had drugged girls and has anger problems. It will all add up and Joran's accidental death bs will not be believable.

Let them try this scapegoat bs..It will blow up in there face bigtime!

AMEN *******!  And let's not forget OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE for so many involved in the coverup!  The world is watching now to see how this will be handled.  It's time to CLEAN HOUSE!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #918 on: January 31, 2008, 06:00:59 PM »

The punctuation is correct as it is to mean 2 people.  The appositive is set off in commas and that is correct punctuation.

You are GOOD.

Expect a miracle.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #919 on: January 31, 2008, 06:01:27 PM »

Ok! It seems like there should be a semi colon or parentheses or something!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.