April 27, 2024, 02:07:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #716 1/29 - 1/31/08  (Read 514670 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #940 on: January 31, 2008, 06:18:20 PM »

Posted at RU from this show   http://pauwenwitteman.vara.nl/uitzending.php?id=290 :

Beth:
"Look at what they have done,
what they've done to Natalee, what they've done to our country.
What they've done to... to..."

Peter: "To you?"

Beth: Look what they've done...
look what they've done to Natalee"

Klaas, I'm catching up so if this has been posted, please delete my response:

I believe that Beth is saying "a country" not our country.  I believe she is referring to Aruba.  Just my ears and my opinion

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #941 on: January 31, 2008, 06:18:46 PM »

I don't mean to be dense but when I go to the link for P & W, then what? 

".....A source close to the investigation told NBC that the information is a secretly recorded conversation between Joran van der Sloot, a Dutch man who was a suspect in the case, and a person previously unknown to investigators in Aruba."

Where are my English teachers?  The noun "Joran van der Sloot" goes with "a Dutch man who was a suspect in the case".  AND  "a person...."  This would someone new.

The phrase "a Dutch man who was a suspect in the case" is what you call an appositive renaming Joran van der Sloot,thus it is set off with commas.  If you take it out read the sentence and you will see they are talking about Joran AND someone that has not been a suspect before.  That's this English teachers take on the comment! 

What should be the proper punctuation to reflect 2 people?

The punctuation is correct as it is to mean 2 people.  The appositive is set off in commas and that is correct punctuation.
Ok! It seems like there should be a semi colon or parentheses or something!

Hi Wreck,  I think it is good too.  the appositive describes the name that proceeds it.  One could put this in parentheses but it isn't necessary as separating it with commas works in the sentence.  I think a semi colon would be used if there were more than one description given.

I had never heard the word appositive before, so that is interesting!

I sure hope something grabs hold in this case, and have a lot of faith in DeVries.  I heard him talking on a FOX interview over the phone a few min. ago. and when they asked if anyone else was involved in her death besides Joran he said - Could be!

Now that is not a literal translation.  One ear was bended as I was doing something else at the same time.  But it was the jist of it.  xox
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #942 on: January 31, 2008, 06:19:28 PM »

::MonkeyEek::Whoaaaaa.......even Black Tulip believes....  Shocked

Re: False leads and false confessions are cruel...

jenna wrote:
I truly wish that these games would stop. I assume that Peter De Vries has nothing but some hype for his television program. I also don't know why so many people have taken advantage of this situation for their own purposes.

Black-Tulip Posted:
Oh no, I am sure he has something. You better take him serious, he is not a fool. He can't afford to come up with nothing.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #943 on: January 31, 2008, 06:19:45 PM »

If it was "an accident" and Joran disposed of Natalee's body
by himself....how'd he do that?  He had no car.
If he disposed of her on the Sloot property, the Dutch checked
everything there.  Just wondering.

......and if he used a boat, (which he doesn't own) he could have driven it (which he doesn't do) to the boat launch next to the Marriott. Then he would have had to get the boat off the trailer(which he likely wouldn't know) into the water and drive out into the ocean alone. Yea right........

Maybe she's not in the ocean.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #944 on: January 31, 2008, 06:21:40 PM »

Yes.......Beth clearly says "A" Country....not our.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
truthseeker2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #945 on: January 31, 2008, 06:23:27 PM »

......and if he used a boat, (which he doesn't own) he could have driven it (which he doesn't do) to the boat launch next to the Marriott. Then he would have had to get the boat off the trailer(which he likely wouldn't know) into the water and drive out into the ocean alone. Yea right........

I have always believed she was put in the quarry...in Moko.  But...who knows for sure?

"Character is doing the right thing even when no one is looking"..J.C. Watts
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #946 on: January 31, 2008, 06:24:53 PM »

......anything is possible, but I guess I just believe she is.

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #947 on: January 31, 2008, 06:24:58 PM »

::MonkeyEek::Whoaaaaa.......even Black Tulip believes....  Shocked

Re: False leads and false confessions are cruel...

jenna wrote:
I truly wish that these games would stop. I assume that Peter De Vries has nothing but some hype for his television program. I also don't know why so many people have taken advantage of this situation for their own purposes.

Black-Tulip Posted:
Oh no, I am sure he has something. You better take him serious, he is not a fool. He can't afford to come up with nothing.

That's very interesting...since when has Black Tulip ever took anything serious.  hmmmmm.
dennisintn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #948 on: January 31, 2008, 06:25:55 PM »

VIDEO FRAGMENT OF THE INTERVIEW WITH BETH

http://www.peterrdevries.com/quote-beth.htm

thank you nut, that's heartbreaking to watch and hear.  i think she's saying "look what they've done to aruba".  shamed it.
dennisintn
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #949 on: January 31, 2008, 06:27:46 PM »

Notice how they say they know what they did with the body but are not saying it is retrievable?  I sure hope they can retrieve her body and bring her home to her family.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #950 on: January 31, 2008, 06:28:07 PM »

Holy cow, you Monkeys are typing so fast I can't keep up.  Life called, and I had to leave for a couple of hours--that was back on page 20 something.  I do think there are inferences that someone else is involved.  Logic says it must be Paulus, but we don't have the information we need to draw conclusions.  We'll see.  The video of Beth is so heartbreaking.  Her soft voice carries all the sorrow a mother's broken heart can bear.  She is a strong and inspiring woman.

BRING NATALEE HOME
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #951 on: January 31, 2008, 06:29:11 PM »

The guy with "American Justice" was in Aruba with Peter. Any word from him yet?

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
dennisintn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #952 on: January 31, 2008, 06:30:52 PM »

Joran had lots of help afterwards. Then he had all of Aruba disrespecting Natalee and her family and anyone who went there to help. Why Why Why  ?   

to try to force natalee's family into "shutting up, go home, and get over it".
dennisintn
thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #953 on: January 31, 2008, 06:31:19 PM »

Notice how they say they know what they did with the body but are not saying it is retrievable?  I sure hope they can retrieve her body and bring her home to her family.

Any idea as to what it is that they did with Natalee's remains?
truthseeker2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #954 on: January 31, 2008, 06:31:32 PM »

I wonder how much sweat has Paulus leaked today? 

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #955 on: January 31, 2008, 06:31:44 PM »

Holy cow, you Monkeys are typing so fast I can't keep up.  Life called, and I had to leave for a couple of hours--that was back on page 20 something.  I do think there are inferences that someone else is involved.  Logic says it must be Paulus, but we don't have the information we need to draw conclusions.  We'll see.  The video of Beth is so heartbreaking.  Her soft voice carries all the sorrow a mother's broken heart can bear.  She is a strong and inspiring woman.

It was her wringing hands that hurt my heart.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #956 on: January 31, 2008, 06:31:47 PM »

I have always believed she was put in the quarry...in Moko.  But...who knows for sure?

Hi Truthseeker,  Is that the quarry close to the VDS home that they searched briefly? 

In December I read something here on how she was killed, hit over the head.  It was like someone had snitched on what they had learned, and it included her being taken out to sea in a small boat.  Do you remember that, and I wonder if Joran said the same thing in this new recording?
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #957 on: January 31, 2008, 06:32:24 PM »

I don't mean to be dense but when I go to the link for P & W, then what? 

".....A source close to the investigation told NBC that the information is a secretly recorded conversation between Joran van der Sloot, a Dutch man who was a suspect in the case, and a person previously unknown to investigators in Aruba."

Where are my English teachers?  The noun "Joran van der Sloot" goes with "a Dutch man who was a suspect in the case".  AND  "a person...."  This would someone new.

The phrase "a Dutch man who was a suspect in the case" is what you call an appositive renaming Joran van der Sloot,thus it is set off with commas.  If you take it out read the sentence and you will see they are talking about Joran AND someone that has not been a suspect before.  That's this English teachers take on the comment! 

What should be the proper punctuation to reflect 2 people?

The punctuation is correct as it is to mean 2 people.  The appositive is set off in commas and that is correct punctuation.
Ok! It seems like there should be a semi colon or parentheses or something!

Hi Wreck,  I think it is good too.  the appositive describes the name that proceeds it.  One could put this in parentheses but it isn't necessary as separating it with commas works in the sentence.  I think a semi colon would be used if there were more than one description given.

I had never heard the word appositive before, so that is interesting!

I sure hope something grabs hold in this case, and have a lot of faith in DeVries.  I heard him talking on a FOX interview over the phone a few min. ago. and when they asked if anyone else was involved in her death besides Joran he said - Could be!

Now that is not a literal translation.  One ear was bended as I was doing something else at the same time.  But it was the jist of it.  xox

How about the preposition "between" being used to refer to two and when more than two involved, it should be "among" instead?

English teachers???  Not sure but that's what I think causes it to refer to only two.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #958 on: January 31, 2008, 06:34:18 PM »

I wish they would hurry up and make some arrests before suspects start leaving the Country/Countries in which they are residing in now.....!!

truthseeker2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #959 on: January 31, 2008, 06:36:06 PM »

Hi Truthseeker,  Is that the quarry close to the VDS home that they searched briefly

In December I read something here on how she was killed, hit over the head.  It was like someone had snitched on what they had learned, and it included her being taken out to sea in a small boat.  Do you remember that, and I wonder if Joran said the same thing in this new recording?

Yes, that is the one I have been thinking of.  I came to that conclusion when I was reading the Shango posts.  He said it had to be solved on a particulr day or it would not be solved at all.  That day was the same day the search of the Moko quarry ended prematurely.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.