April 25, 2024, 02:38:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #716 1/29 - 1/31/08  (Read 514531 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #960 on: January 31, 2008, 06:37:43 PM »

Joran had lots of help afterwards. Then he had all of Aruba disrespecting Natalee and her family and anyone who went there to help. Why Why Why  ?   

to try to force natalee's family into "shutting up, go home, and get over it".
dennisintn

EXACTLY!  And they've continued to disrespect them until this very minute...they just didn't count on how tough Beth, Dave, the family, and all of their supporters were.  I know many of the supporters I'm speaking of are here now.  Never ever were we going to give up or get over it. 

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #961 on: January 31, 2008, 06:38:45 PM »

i have the picture in front of me that i drew when she first went missing

half in water and half in not water 

septic tank

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #962 on: January 31, 2008, 06:39:43 PM »

Notice how they say they know what they did with the body but are not saying it is retrievable?  I sure hope they can retrieve her body and bring her home to her family.

Any idea as to what it is that they did with Natalee's remains?

I have always been uneasy about the discussion of incinerators.  I cringed every time the topic was brought up here.  For Joran and Paulus this would be their answer to the problem.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #963 on: January 31, 2008, 06:40:59 PM »

Who was the poster who talked about "joran's cunucu" and "his book is a confession".

I always figured "joran's cunucu" was Moko.  That dovetails with the robots theory of course.  Bet the farm.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #964 on: January 31, 2008, 06:41:57 PM »

Who was the poster who talked about "joran's cunucu" and "his book is a confession".

I always figured "joran's cunucu" was Moko.  That dovetails with the robots theory of course.  Bet the farm.

- A Horse's Tale
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #965 on: January 31, 2008, 06:43:37 PM »

Short segment:

this is very disturbing, Beth looks very rattled here....
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #966 on: January 31, 2008, 06:44:07 PM »

That would be Jonathon45 at Scrux 
truthseeker2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #967 on: January 31, 2008, 06:44:42 PM »

Jonathan45 from Scrux, maybe?

I have thought about the Moko quarry since back in 2005.  It's close and a place Joran is familiar with.

"Character is doing the right thing even when no one is looking"..J.C. Watts
truthseeker2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #968 on: January 31, 2008, 06:46:15 PM »

Short segment:

I think Beth looks like she finally knows.  Her whole demeanor is different than at any time I have seen he on TV.  She seems to truly believe she knows and she seems a bit shocked about what she has seen and heard.

"Character is doing the right thing even when no one is looking"..J.C. Watts
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #969 on: January 31, 2008, 06:46:45 PM »

I bet PVDS is needing IV fluids at this point!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
hotping
Monkey Junky

All Prayers Will Be Answered in Time!

« Reply #970 on: January 31, 2008, 06:48:24 PM »

I bet PVDS is needing IV fluids at this point!

Him and Anita Both! 

In God We Trust!
Prayers Will Bring Natalee Home!
May 2010 Bring Natalee Home to Rest In Peace!
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #971 on: January 31, 2008, 06:48:42 PM »

poor Beth looks like her heart has been ripped out from her.

one too many times, and yet this time it appears as though she knows EXACTLY
what happened

- A Horse's Tale
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #972 on: January 31, 2008, 06:48:53 PM »

Short segment:

I think Beth looks like she finally knows.  Her whole demeanor is different than at any time I have seen he on TV.  She seems to truly believe she knows and she seems a bit shocked about what she has seen and heard.

I agree that she looks different than we have ever seen her before....

like shocked/ratteled...

she has always looked strong and focused but here she looks totally unfocused,  i dont know how to describe it
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #973 on: January 31, 2008, 06:49:18 PM »

She may have been put there at some point....but not the final place.

Jonathan45 from Scrux, maybe?

I have thought about the Moko quarry since back in 2005.  It's close and a place Joran is familiar with.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
calico
Scared Monkey

« Reply #974 on: January 31, 2008, 06:49:19 PM »

Short segment:

I just had to comment on this because it does in fact appear that Beth has finally learned the truth.  However, I recall Beth saying on GMA that she wouldn't believe anything Joran said about what actually happened to Natalee based on the countless lies he has given up til this point.  So I wonder how this evidence is really pieced together because Beth seems to really believe it.
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #975 on: January 31, 2008, 06:50:00 PM »

Short segment:

we said the same thing a few seconds apart

she now knows details

- A Horse's Tale
anidac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #976 on: January 31, 2008, 06:50:35 PM »

Hi monkey friends.  I'm just getting in and seeing the news.  Has any of this been confirmed?

Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #977 on: January 31, 2008, 06:50:42 PM »

I don't mean to be dense but when I go to the link for P & W, then what? 

".....A source close to the investigation told NBC that the information is a secretly recorded conversation between Joran van der Sloot, a Dutch man who was a suspect in the case, and a person previously unknown to investigators in Aruba."

Where are my English teachers?  The noun "Joran van der Sloot" goes with "a Dutch man who was a suspect in the case".  AND  "a person...."  This would someone new.

The phrase "a Dutch man who was a suspect in the case" is what you call an appositive renaming Joran van der Sloot,thus it is set off with commas.  If you take it out read the sentence and you will see they are talking about Joran AND someone that has not been a suspect before.  That's this English teachers take on the comment! 

What should be the proper punctuation to reflect 2 people?

The punctuation is correct as it is to mean 2 people.  The appositive is set off in commas and that is correct punctuation.
Ok! It seems like there should be a semi colon or parentheses or something!

Hi Wreck,  I think it is good too.  the appositive describes the name that proceeds it.  One could put this in parentheses but it isn't necessary as separating it with commas works in the sentence.  I think a semi colon would be used if there were more than one description given.

I had never heard the word appositive before, so that is interesting!

I sure hope something grabs hold in this case, and have a lot of faith in DeVries.  I heard him talking on a FOX interview over the phone a few min. ago. and when they asked if anyone else was involved in her death besides Joran he said - Could be!

Now that is not a literal translation.  One ear was bended as I was doing something else at the same time.  But it was the jist of it.  xox

How about the preposition "between" being used to refer to two and when more than two involved, it should be "among" instead?

English teachers???  Not sure but that's what I think causes it to refer to only two.

Hi Anna, I'm not an English teacher but it is my primary language.

" . .is a secretly recorded conversation between Joran van der Sloot, a Dutch man who was a suspect in the case, and a person previously unknown  . . ."

I think you are right on, as 'between' and 'and' here show the words connecting a Dutch man and a person, the two persons involved in the conversation.

PS:  Just testing how to print colors.  Cool format to work with. ;}

cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #978 on: January 31, 2008, 06:50:48 PM »

Short segment:

I agree that she looks different than we have ever seen her before....

like shocked/ratteled...

she has always looked strong and focused but here she looks totally unfocused,  i dont know how to describe it

I agree, and to me her voice sounds different than I have ever heard it before...

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #979 on: January 31, 2008, 06:51:33 PM »

You can hear it in her voice that she does now believe it.
My heart and my thoughts are with the whole family at this time.....especially at this time...when I can hear it in Beth's voice.  Sad

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.