April 26, 2024, 04:30:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: John Edwards  (Read 2349 times)
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« on: January 30, 2008, 09:07:37 PM »

This morning on FOX I saw John Edwards giving a speech from New Orleans (the same place where he announced his candidacy) wherein he said he was "suspending" his campaign. The pundits were puzzled over why he said "suspend" as opposed to "ending." They said it has something to do with the legalities of the campaign and being able to cover the expenses and pay the staff who worked hard for him.

In his speech he said something close to this (paraphrased) ... he was on his way to New Orleans when he found several hundred homeless people living under a bridge. He got out of the car to talk to them. When he had to get back on the road, they said to him "Please don't forget us."

This evening, Bill O'Reilly was commenting on what Edwards said. Bill said, "Tell me where the bridge is so we can help them." Edwards' campaign did not respond. Bill pressed forward and said something like, "I want information where this bridge is that Edwards is talking about." No response. 

I'm really happy that Edwards dropped out. Obviously he does not understand anything about building bridges and crossing over and under bridges. Edwards talked about those people under the bridge and cannot back it up.

I'm glad he is out. But never fear, Edwards is making deals in order to secure a position in the new administration.

Of all the candidates, he is a huckster of the first water.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
SteveDinMD
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 03:01:15 AM »

Louise, according to the Associated Press: 

"Edwards said that on his way to make his campaign-ending statement, he drove by a highway underpass where several homeless people live. He stopped to talk, he said, and as he was leaving, one of them asked him never to forget them and their plight." 

Isn't that "special?"  The multi-millionaire stopped to TALK to the homeless people.  Had he wanted to, he could have put them all up in hotel rooms for a year at less than half the cost of one trip on his private jet, but NO.  It would never occur to him to actually HELP anyone, certainly not with his own money.  It's fitting that his campaign both began and ended in New Orleans, where earlier this year he was representing a firm seeking to foreclose on homes owned by Hurricane Katrina victims unable to pay their mortgages in the storm's immediate aftermath.  What a fraud! 
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 06:17:50 PM »

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your post regarding the AP report and your comments. Edwards said several hundred people live in the highway underpass and the Associated Press said several people. I am going to leave this situation to Bill O'Reilly to solve. I'd also want to know where that bridge is.

I first heard of Edwards when he became John Kerry's running mate and I thought it was good. Then I heard he was a high powered trial attorney dealing with unlawful deaths and the drug / medical industry. I heard he won almost every case. Since I grew up reading Perry Mason mysteries, I am very familiar with the court system. And I've been on jury duty many times. That's where I learned that attorneys are actors upon a stage and they will say ANYTHING to defend their client, especially since if they win the lawsuit, they will get a lot of money for their services. 

In any event, I see a lot of lies. He IS a fraud! And a huckster!

I'm seeing political back room deals going on in this election that I never knew about before. Edwards is negotiating to throw his support to another democratic if they will assure him of a high office in the New Government ... like Attorney General.

With love,
Louise

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.