May 28, 2024, 03:37:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #720 2/3 -  (Read 252430 times)
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #920 on: February 03, 2008, 10:20:27 PM »

Greta, Greta, Greta. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #921 on: February 03, 2008, 10:20:42 PM »

WELCOME ALL NEW MEMBERS - WELCOME BACK TO THOSE WE HAVEN'T SEEN IN A LONG TIME!

Thank you kindly!
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #922 on: February 03, 2008, 10:20:43 PM »

What was the name of the judge,and what is his relationhip to the VDS family,and or friends?????Anyone know???What does one have to do to get arrested in ARUBA????I hope and pray that this is on every front page,of every paper,magazine,TV in this country until these little punks are locked up!!!Long ago Greta used to be respectable.Now she;\'s just a ratings Whore......Sorry..that's how i feel.

Keepthefaith

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #923 on: February 03, 2008, 10:21:19 PM »

by Greta Van Susteren

Received this by email from OTR Producer Tim Silfies:

To: Van Susteren, Greta; Cooper, Meade
Sent: Sun Feb 03 19:47:06 2008
Subject: Fw: Pressrelease Holloway case (3 february 2008)

Judge denies Prosecutor’s request to hold Joran in pretrial detention. Prosecutor to appeal decision. Prosecutor and police to continue their investigation against JVS. Press conference tomorrow at 12.

I KNEW IT!!!   

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #924 on: February 03, 2008, 10:21:59 PM »

Joran is NEVER going to outright confess to a crime. He has edged all around that with these statements.

Mos still has work to do.

P.S. (Y'all indulge me, I was born & raised in Miami) THANK YOU GIANTS

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
Sgt.York
Scared Monkey

« Reply #925 on: February 03, 2008, 10:22:05 PM »

Until you bring us some new information our hands are tied. 

Do I personally have to shove a baby-pacifier in the mouth of Hans Mos and the Chief of Police and hold both of their hands while instructing them to get the records for the nearby phone booths and pay phones? Do I personally need to locate and interrogate the person the Joran called from that pay phone? Do I personally need to re-wind the documentary to the part where Joran explains where he dumped his shoes? For heavens sake, is it too much to ask Aruban Law Enforcement do do their job, to do anything at all?

Obviously, checking the logs of nearby public phones is something they should have done years ago during the initial investigation. Why did a reporter have to do all this work? Why wasn't Aruba/Netherlands police surveilling Joran themselves? This is ridiculous.

Dana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #926 on: February 03, 2008, 10:23:12 PM »

Greta, Greta, Greta. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

she wants to save face, she went out on a limb saying she was inclined to believe Joran. Now she will do what she can to try and not make herself look bad. Its just too bad Aruba is such a backwater berg, this punk should be cooling his heels in jail right freaken now.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #927 on: February 03, 2008, 10:23:41 PM »

Just as soon as I was thinking the Dark Side was becoming "enlightened", there are alot of people are feeling bad, but you have to leave it to somebody to begin debunking the story...

MF wrote:
Sorry to dissapoint you all but just confirmed with high position people at the marriot, they never had payphones at the pool, back in 2005 there were Setar's payphone in the lobby and the lobby alone has 20 cameras. There is one phone on the beach, but from De Palm and needs credit card.

well, walking to a payphone raised a red flag with me because I know that telephone companies are trying to eliminate them alltogether and Joran was so handy with his cellphone, that he could have used it rather than make up the lie about the pay phone.  However, he stated in set of lies that he "walked toward fisherman hut to call because wind blowing..."  Who knows what to believe.  I just wish Dave and Jug could hold him down and let Beth castrate him without anesthesia.

Tyler, I believe that "Daury" was Paulus. Only Paulus would have told Joran to go home and he would take care of it. Paulus was thinking quickly enough to tell Joran to go to school the next day........Paulus wasn't sure when he would get home; he had a murder to cover up. I believe Paulus told Joran to make a call from the HI. I think he told Joran to get on the internet, text message, do anything to establish he was home.
Scrappie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #928 on: February 03, 2008, 10:24:02 PM »

Thank you!  I am honored to be here on this night!  I was a member before the format changed and have been reading for years. 
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #929 on: February 03, 2008, 10:24:48 PM »

What's more, I am going to be shocked out of my mind if a Dutch judge EVER lets joran be charged with any kind of crime. I called it at the very first and it has held up so far. euro-elitists' kids never do any wrong. Wink

snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #930 on: February 03, 2008, 10:26:30 PM »

Yes, Cuz we do stand with you and Beth and the entire family....

thanks mrs r...mishy,cubbee,lala,bean,all you other wonderful monkeys...i need everyone of you right now!

We're here cuz.  We're standing tall.  We will not be defeated.

Justice for aNatalee.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #931 on: February 03, 2008, 10:26:32 PM »

Do I personally have to shove a baby-pacifier in the mouth of Hans Mos and the Chief of Police and hold both of their hands while instructing them to get the records for the nearby phone booths and pay phones? Do I personally need to locate and interrogate the person the Joran called from that pay phone? Do I personally need to re-wind the documentary to the part where Joran explains where he dumped his shoes? For heavens sake, is it too much to ask Aruban Law Enforcement do do their job, to do anything at all?

Obviously, checking the logs of nearby public phones is something they should have done years ago during the initial investigation. Why did a reporter have to do all this work? Why wasn't Aruba/Netherlands police surveilling Joran themselves? This is ridiculous.

Would you, Please? I don't think they will, and I firmly believe Van der Stratten was helping the Sloots. He told Joran that he thought he could work it out for Joran to go to a Mental Institute. That was Van derStratten, right?
Lake Erie Princess
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #932 on: February 03, 2008, 10:26:58 PM »

Thank you kindly!

I have been here, there, and everywhere,
but there IS NO place like home with the other monkeys !

Why do people kill people,who kill people, to show people that to kill people is bad ?
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #933 on: February 03, 2008, 10:27:52 PM »

I agree it is ridiculous.  I couldn't help but laugh at the visual on it.  I see these overweight lazy ass uniformed beings sitting at desks eating Frosted Flakes.  That is still one of this case's most baffling incidents.

So to answer your question - yes, I am afraid they are going to have to be forced into action.  Ridiculous but true.

littlebuddy598
Scared Monkey

« Reply #934 on: February 03, 2008, 10:28:41 PM »

My son is 25, and I don't think if someone were to call him up to dispose of a body he would be thinking to tell him to go home and get some sleep, go to school, get on the internet, or anything else. He'd be telling Jack ass to get in the boat, your coming with me.   
crazybabyborg
« Reply #935 on: February 03, 2008, 10:28:49 PM »

Thank you kindly!

I have been here, there, and everywhere,
but there IS NO place like home with the other monkeys !

Hey Lake Erie! I've missed your plane, and you!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #936 on: February 03, 2008, 10:29:02 PM »

Footage Claims to Solve Aruba Mystery
By MIKE CORDER – 38 minutes ago

THE HAGUE, Netherlands (AP) — Hidden camera footage broadcast in the Netherlands on Sunday showed Dutch student Joran Van der Sloot saying he was with Natalee Holloway when she collapsed on a beach in Aruba. He said he believed she was dead and asked a friend to dump her body in the sea.

"She'll never be found," he said.

A series of conversations between Van der Sloot and a man he believed to be his friend were recorded in a Range Rover that had been rigged with three hidden cameras by Peter R. de Vries, a Dutch television crime reporter. They were shown on Dutch television.

Last week, Van der Sloot said he was lying in those conversations and denied that he had anything to do with the Alabama teenager's disappearance.

Holloway, 18, vanished in May 2005 just before she was due to fly home to Alabama, at the end of her high school graduation trip to the Caribbean island. No trace of her has been found. The mystery of her disappearance has frustrated authorities and garnered wide attention on television and in tabloid newspapers in Europe and the United States.

In the recordings, Van der Sloot said Holloway was drunk and that she began shaking and slumped down on the beach as the pair were making out.

"Suddenly she started shaking and then she didn't say anything," Van der Sloot said, adding that he did not kill her.

"I would never murder a girl," he said.

He said he panicked and tried but failed to revive her. He said that Holloway looked dead but that he could not be sure she was not still alive when the friend took her away.

He used a pay phone next to a hotel's swimming pool to call the friend and asked for help in disposing the body. When the friend arrived at the beach, the two put Holloway's body into a boat. The friend then took it out to sea and pushed it into the water, Van der Sloot said.

"The ocean is big," he added.

He said he and his friend agreed that Van der Sloot would go to school the next day to avoid arousing any suspicion.

Van der Sloot said his friend assured him he had taken care of Holloway's body and that the police were not going to locate it. "They will know nothing," Van der Sloot quoted the friend as telling him.

"I've not lost any sleep over this," he added at one point.

Aruban prosecutors said last week they were reopening their investigation into Holloway's disappearance after seeing De Vries' material. But on Sunday, they said a judge on the island had ruled that while the information merited an investigation against Van der Sloot, it did not meet the threshold for an arrest warrant.

"This means that the office is legally not able to have J.v.d.S. arrested in the Netherlands," prosecutors said in a statement, referring to the Dutch student by his initials. The statement did not say when the judge made the ruling.

The prosecutors said they would appeal the judge's ruling and seek to have the Dutch student re-arrested. They also cautioned that the Holloway mystery was far from resolved.

"While video tape may present a strong case in a TV news show, it may be insufficient for a finding of guilt by a judge. It is up to the court to evaluate the materials and the statements, and to find out their significance," prosecutors said.

Van der Sloot was interviewed last week by the respected Dutch television show "Pauw & Witteman" following reports that De Vries had captured him making statements about the case.

"It is true I told someone. Everybody will see it Sunday," Van der Sloot said, referring to De Vries' planned television show.

"That is what he wanted to hear, so I told him what he wanted to hear," Van der Sloot said, adding that he had built up a relationship with the man he spoke to, but had never fully trusted him.

De Vries has said he paid the man Van der Sloot spoke to, Patrick van der Eem, $37,000 for his help, saying it was to cover his expenses.

Phone calls seeking comment from Van der Sloot's Aruban attorneys and his New York-based lawyer, Joseph Tacopina, went unanswered Sunday.

(snipped)

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5g03xmlbMM0BjGFGrLokyvroCO6FwD8UJ7RC00
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #937 on: February 03, 2008, 10:29:03 PM »

Gretawire.com

Investigative judge reopens inquiry against J. v.d. S. but refuses pretrial detention; prosecutor plans appeal

The investigative judge found that secretly taped conversations and video between J.v.d.S and a third person were sufficient reason to reopen the judicial inquiry against J.v.d.S by January 30, 2008.

However, the judge held that the tapes handed over to the Public Prosecutor by the Dutch crime reporter Pieter R. de Vries, were insufficient to order additional pre trial detention.

The Public Prosecutor’s Office will appeal the judge’s ruling on pre trial detention.

On January 20, 2008 De Vries showed a part of his material to two public prosecutors. The tapes show the moments on which J.v.d. S. tells his version of events for the first time to a third party and tells his story of the fate of Natalee Holloway on May 30, 2005. The contents of the tapess and the way J.v.d.S. ultimately tells his story create the impression with the Office, that this version of events could come close to the truth.

The Office responded positive to the question of De Vries whether the Office could use and would like to use his material. This is in conformity with the end of last year’s statement that the Office will investigate every clue to the case. The Public Prosecutor’s Office regards the material of a serious nature.
Hence the Office did not await the broadcasting of the program which had been announced by De Vries for February, 3rd, 2008, but acted speedily by requesting the reopening of the judicial inquiry by the investigative judge, which was granted by him.

Before requesting the judge to reopen the investigation, the Public Prosecutor wanted to review additional tapes that were recorded during this operation. This process to verify and validate the tapes was done on January 25th and 26th 2008. By February 1st the Office received the final materials.

It’s important to note that neither the Public Prosecutor Office or the Police has had any involvement with the activities of De Vries. Nor any influence on him or his team. In our view the material can be used for the purpose of the investigation.

The Office finds that the story of J.v.d.S corroborates to a large extent the results of the investigation to date. Despite the fact that the Office values the statements by J.v.d.S. properly, the Office is obliged to proceed judiciously. Confession evidence always requires a more thorough investigation.

It may be the case that in the eyes of the public the disappearance of Natalee Holloway has been solved by J.v.d.S.’s statements presented in the crime program of Peter R. de Vries. However, while video tape may present a strong case in a tv news show, it may be insufficient for a finding of guilt by a Judge. It is up to the Court to evaluate the materials and the statements, and to find out their significance in relation to other results of the investigation. It is not the Public Prosecutor’s Office’s position to refer in any way to the guilty question: that is for the Court. Apart from this again there is a big difference between the reality of a courtroom and the reality of television screen.

In summary, on Friday, February 1st the Public Prosecutor requested in the wake of the new materials the investigative judge to order the pretrial detention of J.v.d.S. The judge denied the request reasoning that the new materials did not meet his threshold for a new pretrial detention, a threshold he put very high because of earlier multiple arrests and pretrial detention periods concerning this suspect.
This means that the Office is legally not able to have J.v.d.S. arrested in the Netherlands.
The Public Prosecutor’s Office will appeal that decision.

The Office of the Public Prosecution and the police will continue their investigation into the story by J.v.d.S. The investigation will not be limited to Aruba. All materials put at our disposal by Peter R. de Vries will be checked and double checked. Forensic scientists will be asked to investigate and give their opinion on the physical condition of Natalee Holloway, before, during and after the time she spent on the beach with J.v.d.S., as he claims.

On Monday February 4th 2008 at 12.00 there will be a pressconference, held in the government pressroom in Oranjestad.

Thank you Dihannah.

If this decision by the judiciary regarding an 18 year old American citizen is not enough for the United States Administration to get involved ... 

Janet

_________

Jossy Mansur
NANCY GRACE
October 4, 2005

GRACE: … Jossy, regarding the connection, what I perceived to be a close connection between the judge, Paulus Van Der Sloot and the retired chief of police who initially handled Natalee`s case, Van Der Stratten, were they friends?

MANSUR: Of course, they were friends. It stands to reason they were friends because Paul Van Der Sloot had many friends within the police department; he had many friends within the Department of Justice. And he had many friends with -- and he was friendly with all the judges in Aruba. He worked out of the same office as they did and did the same work

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #938 on: February 03, 2008, 10:29:23 PM »

I just wish Dave and Jug could hold him down and let Beth ...

In thinly-shaved slices.

With a salt shaker and a bottle of wintergreen oil handy.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #939 on: February 03, 2008, 10:30:09 PM »

SB - ironically all this is doing is qualifying that Beth's Safe Travels foundation truly IS needed. There is no protection from harm outside of the US, the Caribbean is declining into the Columbian pipeline, yet we've had to endure reading the refugees and that heinous Renho defile Beth and that foundation throughout?

Joran's confession has done more to qualify and justify that foundation, than anything in this world.

Now if only someone would kidnap Greta so we won't have to listen to or read her ridiculous rabid-liberalism crap !!!

I continue to stand with the girl.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.