April 19, 2024, 08:03:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Voice your opinion~ Survivor Stairs  (Read 7181 times)
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« on: August 22, 2006, 11:52:10 AM »

http://www.parade.com/opencms/opencms/articles/editions/2006/edition_08-20-2006/Intelligence_Report

Should the stairs be saved?

I think so...

What are your thoughts?

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 11:57:13 AM »

Absolutely!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 01:58:26 PM »

Yes, the staircase should be saved and preserved.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 06:00:02 PM »

Actually I would like the stairs to be placed back in a new pair of World Trade Center Towers as a reminder.
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 10:33:12 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
Actually I would like the stairs to be placed back in a new pair of World Trade Center Towers as a reminder.

Ah there is the answer I was looking for.......

I would love for that to happen and to make the towers one  story higher than before.

Lost 7 people from my hometown ~

An homage to all whose lives were lost on 9-11 .

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2006, 08:38:37 AM »

Yes...

Thanks for posting this. Have emailed the article to several friends who feel the say way

so little is saved from that day. We need this!

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2006, 09:50:55 AM »

I agree. As a tribute. Perhaps as part of a garden area so that it could also be a place for prayers.

I still haven't gone back to the site. I've been close, but still can't bring myself to actually go to ground zero.

The first time I flew into NY after the attack and every time since (usually LaGuardia), I look out at the 'lonesome sky' of the southern tip and tears roll down my cheeks Crying or Very sad

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2006, 01:00:37 PM »

Quote from: "sharon"

I agree. As a tribute. Perhaps as part of a garden area so that it could also be a place for prayers.

I still haven't gone back to the site. I've been close, but still can't bring myself to actually go to ground zero.

The first time I flew into NY after the attack and every time since (usually LaGuardia), I look out at the 'lonesome sky' of the southern tip and tears roll down my cheeks Crying or Very sad

I know what you mean Sharon..
Aug 2002 I took a cruise to Bermuda out of NY.  When he were off on our bon voyage and we passed and saw the emptiness a sort of hush came over the crowd.  There we were with our drinks and the music playing and the sight sort of hit ya in the stomach.

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2006, 01:10:06 PM »

I have not 'cruised' past since the towers tumbled, but I'm sure it is a similar experience.

On the plane coming from the south, as you're starting to make your way up the river -- there's lady liberty and then there's something missing Sad

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2006, 10:04:05 PM »

I know its been a long time since I have posted.

Here is my thought on this.

I too think the staircase should be preserved in some way.  I  like both ideas and I also believe in reasons for things happening....

I believe a staircase can be a symbol for stepping up towards a new future, yet you have a place to pause along the way to look back at the past and remember...and what a better place to do that than in a memorial garden.

Ms.DV

Maine, born and raised!
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2006, 10:06:12 PM »

Quote from: "Ms.DarthVada"
I know its been a long time since I have posted.

Here is my thought on this.

I too think the staircase should be preserved in some way.  I  like both ideas and I also believe in reasons for things happening....

I believe a staircase can be a symbol for stepping up towards a new future, yet you have a place to pause along the way to look back at the past and remember...and what a better place to do that than in a memorial garden.

Ms.DV

Great Post!

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2006, 12:11:36 AM »

Do you feel there would be any interest in my reviewing movies such as World Trade Center. I could start a thread.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2006, 07:52:24 AM »

Quote from: "LouiseVargas"
Do you feel there would be any interest in my reviewing movies such as World Trade Center. I could start a thread.

I can't bring myself to go see any World Trade Center related movie yet. Or the other ones that have been on tv.

Not because I have not heard they were not good, on the contrary I have heard great things about them...

For me personally it just seems too soon.

But sure, I would love to read your views on them.  Someday I'll be able to watch them, I'm sure.  Just not yet.........

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2006, 09:43:40 AM »

I'm with you Jacquie.

I'm sure they are wonderful movies and great tributes -- but I'm not ready to watch them.  And I already know the story lines and endings.

My very first supervisor from my first job at TRW in Fairfield, NJ 30 years ago was on the 99th floor -- and his funeral was one of the first.

So, no -- I don't really need to see him jumping from the building.

I'm just not ready.

Maybe someday.

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2006, 09:43:50 PM »

Here's an article on the new designs for the WTC replacements.

New  Towers Design
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.