June 03, 2024, 05:04:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #723 2/05/08  (Read 253179 times)
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #560 on: February 05, 2008, 05:54:05 PM »

Chris Como: “When went through your mind when you heard Joran van der Sloot say: “She'll never be found.”

Peter de Vries: “You son-of-a-bitch”

Beth Holloway: “He disposed of my daughter's body while she was alive!”
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #561 on: February 05, 2008, 05:55:07 PM »

Joran has set his Hyves site to private...too many death threats I guess.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #562 on: February 05, 2008, 05:56:05 PM »

Tony

I don't ever remember Lorenzo having a tickle site...he seemed to be the only one that didn't.

Hotshot

truthseeker2
  would like to know where Pair-of Dice was docked.

No, at least not one using his name. Not in any of the popular sites for friends. Actually, I can find no internet tracks of him at all...excluding what we have learned of him in Natalee's case.

He doesn't strike me as a person that associates with the locals or is into the teen stuff...from the description of Arubans, he is more of the big drug runner type of guy. The locals were well aware of him being the go to person for drugs...especially the date rape kind.

I know Anna is tired of Lorenzo talk and I am starting to wonder if he was ever involved but He did have either a tickle site or a my space page. This was Lorenzo Van Rijn not the Lorenzo Wever. The link was on RWV very early. I was at his site but the next day when I went back it had been pulled. I even emailed Dan at the time to ask if he had saved the picture but he said " No, he had not" I have looked and looked in Dans Archives but have never been able to find that link again. Lost 2 computers since then.

Just a swinging with the tribe
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #563 on: February 05, 2008, 05:57:23 PM »

The following is the official transcript of yesterdays On the Record where Greta had both Joe Tacopina and John Q. Kelly as guests.  However ... only Tacopina's interview is recorded.  Why?

Janet

++++++++++

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,328565,00.html

Joran van der Sloot's Attorney Responds to Taped 'Confession'
Tuesday, February 05, 2008

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN, HOST: The tape is out, Joran van der Sloot apparently caught on tape saying he had a friend dump Natalee's body in the ocean. Last week, Joran's lawyer said Joran wasn't worried. But what about today? Here with me is Joe Tacopina, Joran van der Sloot's lawyer. And I will say one thing, Joe, is that who hasn't had a client who talks? But anyway, you've got a mess on your hands.

JOE TACOPINA, JORAN VAN DER SLOOT'S ATTORNEY: You know, the days when you question going to law school and things like that. But I'll get over it and get through it. I have a mess on my hands that Joran created, and you know, he really has a mess on his hands that he created with his own mouth, and to a degree, with his attitude. And he did some very stupid, very hurtful things. And you know, it's hard for me, Greta, to sit here and look you in the eye and say, But you should believe him when he says he was lying about that.

So what I'm going to do is say take his word out of the picture. Whatever he said to you that -- you know, in your exclusive interview, extensive interview with him, whatever he said in the past, because he's told so many different versions, he really isn't someone who I think you can say, Let's evaluate what he says and see if it's truthful. I say look at the evidence in this case. Put his words aside. Whatever his version, put it aside...

VAN SUSTEREN: Here's the difference, though. When he spoke to us, for instance, he knew we were going to wrap it around the world in primetime. And so he was necessarily guarded. I said I was inclined to believe him, not totally -- I left a window open because I've been lied to.

TACOPINA: Sure.

VAN SUSTEREN: I've been a lawyer long enough to know that I've gotten lied to, and lied to by the best. And then -- but when he got caught on camera, he didn't -- I mean, when he got caught in this car, it was secret. I mean, he didn't know it was going to go around the world.

TACOPINA: Yes, it was secret, but there were circumstances that I think we need to put that in context. There were 20 hours of tape. I've read the transcripts of those 20 hours, and it's a book. It's not the three minutes that people have seen. First of all, throughout all of these conversations, this individual, Peter, is giving -- is has an undercover operative. Even though he's a journalist, he's giving Joran Van Der Sloot marijuana.

VAN SUSTEREN: Which is legal in Holland.

TACOPINA: Well, it's not legal in a car. It's legal in certain locations, OK?

VAN SUSTEREN: All right.

TACOPINA: So it's not legal. And moreover, it's certainly not a sound interrogation tactic. I mean, imagine if the police started giving drugs to the people they started questioning, and it's, OK, now tell us the story. You know, so that happened throughout. This person posed as a major criminal who was, you know, doing all these things and telling Joran all the bad things he had done and yet supplying him with drugs and money and things of that nature. And you know, he decided he was going to let him know, yes, well, I'm -- you know, I'm a tough guy, too. I can do these certain things. He lied about so many things regarding cuts on his face, how he got them...

VAN SUSTEREN: Well, let's actually -- one of the things I asked you to do is to put together a bunch of these so that we can -- you know, we have a fair organization (ph). We have a graphic that we can put up. Let's just run right through them, put them up on the screen for the viewers.

All right. The first one is judge denied pretrial detention. Why is that important to you?

TACOPINA: Well, it's important because it's a window into the value of this evidence, Greta. I mean, in Aruba, in this case, Joran has been arrested and detained twice on little or no evidence that would hold up in a court of law, yet he's been detained. In this instance, the judge looked at that transcript, that tape, and looked at the evidence presented by the prosecutor, Hans Mos, that really does refute, refute the validity of that statement. This Daury individual -- they know who the Daury is because there's phone records, recent phone records between Joran and this individual. The Daury that Joran's talking about, the one he mentions by first and last name, by the way, on the tape, who he knows, is not on the island in 2005.

VAN SUSTEREN: All right. Is that the one that was just -- that Jossy just spoke about? Is that...

(CROSSTALK)

TACOPINA: ... lawyer's office.

VAN SUSTEREN: All right. Now, another thing you got on the graphic, that Joran does not confess or admit guilt. Let me -- and let me just say one thing, that he says that he's with her and he asked someone to dispose of her body and he doesn't know if she's dead or alive. That's...

TACOPINA: I heard these tapes. And again, I think there's been some -- some things lost in translation. He doesn't ask (INAUDIBLE) disposal of the body. What he said was that he went to a phone when he thought she died, called this individual from this pay phone. And I'll get to that in a second, the pay phone, another important piece of evidence, and called this person, Daury. And Daury said, Don't worry, leave her there, I'll take care of things. Just go home." And he went home. And supposedly, this Daury came and took (INAUDIBLE) on this nonexistent boat, you know, in 2005 and dumped her. Aside from the fact that there's no Daury in 2005 in Aruba and Joran didn't know him...

VAN SUSTEREN: Unless it's the other Daury.

TACOPINA: Well, it's not the other Daury because there's no relationship between Joran and the other Daury, and Joran identified this guy by first and last name. They went to the right Daury.

And moreover, the pay phone that's outside the Marriott that De Vries, this journalist, says he authenticated and went and checked out -- there's no a pay phone that you can make local calls on. We've spoken to the Aruban coast guard as recently as yesterday. It's been part of the initial investigation. It was submitted to this judge in determining the validity of this tape. This pay phone is an international call pay phone where you can only make outgoing calls. They have call logs of it, and the call logs do not support any calls made that night.

VAN SUSTEREN: Why would Joran make these statements in this car? I mean, any...

TACOPINA: You know...

VAN SUSTEREN: I mean, these are just horrible statements and -- I mean (INAUDIBLE) in terms of other (ph) incriminating or not, but you and I could argue about that. But what does he say? Why did he do this?

TACOPINA: You know, he's -- and it's really -- there's no good answer. No one with common sense is going to want to accept this, and we understand that. But what he says is that this individual, you know, was telling Joran all these things about himself and he was giving Joran this marijuana. And you know, he succumbed to all of these temptations, took money from him, too marijuana from him. This guy took him in his Range Rover to fancy places that Joran had never been to, and was peppering him constantly with questions.

You know, if you listen to this tape, the first time this is brought up, this conversation is brought up, the whole thing about Natalee, Joran talks about how, you know, she dies and she must have overdosed on the beach and she died. He says nothing about a boat. What this individual does to Joran as he's taking a puff of this marijuana cigarette, says, And there was a boat, right? And you see Joran. He ponders for almost five seconds before (INAUDIBLE) and goes, Yes. Who's the guy with the boat? He says, I won't tell you that name. Then he presses him and he gives up this name, Daury, who's someone he just met three months ago.

The story is disprovable by the evidence, not by because Joran's saying it now and he said something different then, or you should believe him. It's disprovable by the evidence. I think that's what the people who are rightfully outraged should really stick to, and why this judge did not detain Joran.

VAN SUSTEREN: Well, and I -- I actually -- I mean, I think that's sort of -- I mean, I think it's significant they didn't detain him. But you know, when I met Joran, he seemed like -- you know, he seemed like a young kid and he was very earnest. And against his parents' advice, he -- you know, he sat down and talked to us against his lawyer's advice.

And you listen to him in this tape, he's just a cocky, nasty kid. And it's that same sort of description that Beth Holloway gave to me on that first night when they first met him, when they rushed to that island to try and find out what happened to her daughter, is that he's a nasty, cocky kid. And it's almost like, OK, when the cameras turn on and he knows about it, he's this, you know, good student, loves his parents. I mean, and I know that from talking to his mother and father, they love him, but I know that he had some, like -- there were some issues about whether he was an angry kid and (INAUDIBLE) school. You know, like, it's almost like there are two very different people.

TACOPINA: You know, I obviously knew him when the cameras were off and spoke to him, although in the setting of this case.

VAN SUSTEREN: I don't know if you did know him when he's off. Why would he not be nice to you?

TACOPINA: I said when the cameras are off. I mean...

VAN SUSTEREN: No, no, no. But I mean, he had every -- he had every motive to impress you, too, as he did us.

TACOPINA: Fair enough. Fair enough. But I think -- look, for a living, I sort of make an evaluation of people and...

VAN SUSTEREN: So do I, and I made a poor one. I made a poor one.

TACOPINA: Well, Greta, let's -- look, he may -- his character is certainly something that I think we could all say is in question. His morality, without doubt. I mean, you can't talk the way he did, despite the fact that he was under the influence of marijuana, and say, Oh, this is a kid who's had a rough go. He has had a rough go. He's changed. The people who know him best, his parents, who are two sweet people...

VAN SUSTEREN: He hasn't had a rough go.

TACOPINA: No, no. No, Greta -- Greta, if -- listen. Assuming for a second, as the evidence still points, he is innocent, he has a rough go these last few years. He gets a death threat every day. Some of them may be real and some of them may not be. So he's had a rough go. It doesn't excuse what he did. I'm not here to make an excuse for that conduct. I'm here just to say, Keep your eye on the ball, focus on the evidence, and I think if you do that -- look, even the prosecutor said -- the prosecutor, you know, in one of your screens I think has a statement out there that is really telling. And what he says is, you know, It's easy to get up in the hype of a TV production. This prosecutor, Hans Mos, said this. And he said, But whether this sort of evidence would ever hold up in a court of law -- it's right there on your screen right now. You know, while the videotape may present a strong case on a TV news show, it may be insufficient for a finding of guilt by a judge. And he keeps going back to say...

VAN SUSTEREN: But...

TACOPINA: You know, again, there's a big difference from the reality of a courtroom and the reality of a TV screen.

VAN SUSTEREN: And I agree. And I agree. And the prosecutor has a job to independently corroborate it and not be driven by sort of the tone of it. But we got to go. Joe, thank you.

TACOPINA: OK. Thanks, Greta.

VAN SUSTEREN: And I'm sure there'll be a lot more to talk about.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #564 on: February 05, 2008, 05:57:51 PM »

OT
We've just been pelted with hail here in East Texas, many golf ball sized chunks all over my drive! 

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #565 on: February 05, 2008, 05:59:56 PM »

8 Days...

So the 3 judge panel will wait to hand down the decision on Mos' appeal to have the goon arrested.

They are in very tight spot.

They have a prime suspect in hiding in the Netherlands, receiving by reports 100's of death threats every day, with crowds of people outside his residence.  This is a dangerous and volatile situation.  This is good and bad.  It is good because the vast majority of people see jvds as a criminal, and likely murderer -- and they don;t want him around.  It is bad, because this could result in violence.

They have to consider the revealing statements of goon to Patrick about "shaking" and ALE's questioning of the family about seizures starting on or about June 1, and what this important revelation means for Aruba, and the entire judicial process and system there.  This is a breakthrough and evidence of corruption and coverup.

And the judges, who have also possibly aided this coverup, are faced with a some tough choices.  Because toughing it out, as has been the strategy for 2 1/2 years, is not working.  Because the goon has exposed a portion of the coverup with his taped statements, and his big mouth.

They may have to elect to arrest him, to get him off the streets for his own safety, and their's, as well.

They will have to totally reverse the direction they have chosen to take, favoritism for the van der Sloots, for the last three years.

They run the risk of Paulus "hurting a lot of people" by revealing all their dirty secrets. He has them blackmailed.

They will have to go against what 99% of the people in Holland, The U.S., Aruba and the rest of the world saw on ther Peter DeVries show and ABC 20/20-- all of whom believe Joran is guilty.

The judges in Aruba are all corrupt, it will take Holland to make them do what is right.

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #566 on: February 05, 2008, 06:01:23 PM »

The following is the official transcript of yesterdays On the Record where Greta had both Joe Tacopina and John Q. Kelly as guests.  However ... only Tacopina's interview is recorded.  Why?

Janet

Shocked Shocked
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #567 on: February 05, 2008, 06:03:07 PM »

Peter R. DeVries is coming to the United States on Wednesday

From Wednesday on a Peter R. DeVries, crime reporter teamwill visit the United States. The ABC show Goodmorning America has invited Peter R. DeVries. He will also attend Larry King Live (CNN) and Inside Edition.

http://abcnews.go.com/2020

Thanks Klaas.

hotping
Monkey Junky

All Prayers Will Be Answered in Time!

« Reply #568 on: February 05, 2008, 06:03:51 PM »

OT
We've just been pelted with hail here in East Texas, many golf ball sized chunks all over my drive! 
WOW TM! I'm in South Central Texas and only got a small rain shower....hope nothing at Your place is damaged...hail is He!! on cars and roofs! LOL 

In God We Trust!
Prayers Will Bring Natalee Home!
May 2010 Bring Natalee Home to Rest In Peace!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #569 on: February 05, 2008, 06:03:57 PM »

Actual photo of Jean Akers sitting at the desk with the photo of the person at the sloots.  I don't know when the actual photo of Jean Akers was taken, what year.

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #570 on: February 05, 2008, 06:04:38 PM »

Aruban law works like this...

In order to convict someone of a crime, the prosecutor needs the criminal to bring in a power point presentation, which includes a video tape of the crime being commited, more than one picture of the criminal posing with the deceased victim, and must wear a pinnochio nose while giving the presentation.

Did I forget anything??

Yes.....they must also be wearing a pointy hat.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #571 on: February 05, 2008, 06:05:20 PM »

Is this a fact? Mark P. Jr. was a bartender at Moombas and was reported to have the date rape drug (for personal use) in his possession? Didn't one of the statements say they (J2k) stopped by a bar for some reason after getting Natalee in the car after leaving C & C's? If he provided the date rape drug, doesn't it seem like he would be the one to call if their was a bad reaction?

this was emailed to me his myspace acc i did not go their

i was told he has  some sort of a sign

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=14761846

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #572 on: February 05, 2008, 06:05:25 PM »

Janet

Shocked Shocked

Janet - check in the MEDIA thread and see if Carpe posted it there.  Often FOX only puts up partial videos and transcripts.
Tony
Scared Monkey

« Reply #573 on: February 05, 2008, 06:05:26 PM »

Klaas
Who is Jean Akers?
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #574 on: February 05, 2008, 06:05:53 PM »

Actual photo of Jean Akers sitting at the desk with the photo of the person at the sloots.  I don't know when the actual photo of Jean Akers was taken, what year.

Same disheveled hair. Rode hard earth mother look like Anita. I think it's her.

Frank
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #575 on: February 05, 2008, 06:06:19 PM »

Big Hammer,

Great work today, keep pounding the seizure question, it proves police corruption.

It' what they fear the most.

I believe Jan van der straaten has for too long been under the radar. I don't believe Joran's story.

There is a gap to protect the VDS residence. Check van der straaten's phone records.

By the way i have van der straaten's old cell phone number.

Given to me by a major network producer who was on Aruba for 2 months in the beginning. Maybe a monkey can research the number.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #576 on: February 05, 2008, 06:08:17 PM »

uuummmm is there a picture of Jean Akers to compare to this one at van der slops house....it's pretty grainy....would like to see a comparison

I don't have one.  The whole idea could be false, as far as I know.
thanks...

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Frank
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #577 on: February 05, 2008, 06:08:20 PM »

To email Jean Akers

ConsularPhnomP@state.gov

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #578 on: February 05, 2008, 06:08:57 PM »

Klaas
Who is Jean Akers?

US Consulate (I believe) to Aruba at the time.  Something like that.
Frank
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #579 on: February 05, 2008, 06:11:26 PM »

From “Loving Natalee’ page 185

……Curious to see the setup at the van der Sloot house for Joran’s parade of victory, I drive by there, never in a million years expecting to see who is there. It’s the U.S. Vice-Consul. At the van der Sloots’ house. Why is she here? She spots me. Jumps in her car and follows me to a restaurant parking lot, waving, honking, calling on the cell phone. I don’t want to talk to her. Who can we trust?…….
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.