April 26, 2024, 04:26:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #726 2/7 - 2/8/08  (Read 228290 times)
Jerry from Ohio
Monkey Junky Jr.

mom always said that I was cute as a Bunny <g>

« Reply #420 on: February 08, 2008, 11:23:22 AM »

Your welcome Ono and I thought ya knew it but just wanted others to be aware of it too  <g>  Have a good one friend .   Jerry

Please keep in mind that the Term "Swallowing your tongue "  was always being incorrectly used back then  .
  It really only meant that the tongue would lie back across the trachea  blocking the airway which is never good .
   They also taught us to use a Bite stick or a wooden depressor with much gauze taped to the end for cushioning  of it but it has now been found that this is usually unnecessary  also .  so much changes in modern emergency medicine and the treatments also .

But, yes, the "swallowing of the tongue" was a concern at that time, years ago.

Yes...I can see that and thanks for explaining!  It was a grand mal seizure - not a petie mal and frightening to see and hear, especially for eight year olds.  The patient became extremely limp afterward for awhile as the seizure taxes the body considerably.  I would imagine that Joran was shocked but the natural thing to do would have been to summon 911 asap. Hard heartedness demonstrates weakness and conjures up all sorts of reasons for his criminal behavior.

Ooops! I meant "petit" mal seizure.
[/quote]

Old Jer from Ohio
" I'm wild and a little crazy too ! 
 Some Girls don't  like boys like me  ,AWE, But some girls do  !

IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/jerryfromOhio/Howdy.jpg[/IMG]
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #421 on: February 08, 2008, 11:24:23 AM »

Good Morning.....

I am a first time poster and have a question about Aruba's Social Clubs.
Has anyone ever investigated social connections?

http://www.arubalions.org/Board/ALC_Board_Members_2005-2006.htm

Thank you for any info......

hi AVA...welcome to Scared Monkeys!! 

Welcome. And yes, we have looked into the aruba lions club

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Destiny
Monkey Junky

unwatched kids will be given sugar + a free puppy

« Reply #422 on: February 08, 2008, 11:25:34 AM »

Someone posted the other day.....'ask Sambo' could this be Sambo?

Comment reporting officer: At 20.05 hours the assistent district attorney, inspector first class J.C. SAMBO informed the suspect P.A.P.J. van der SLOOT that he would be held for questioning at the police station in Noord on which the suspect P.A.P.J. van der SLOOT responded that he would resist the incarceration because it was a completely insane and absurd action.

Destiny give him a call -

phone # of the Sambo - 297.586.3003.  and 587.0009

OK...will do...still reading...

I Stand With The Girl *NATALEE HOLLOWAY*

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #423 on: February 08, 2008, 11:26:20 AM »

Since when are we to believe what Anita says? Rolling Eyes

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #424 on: February 08, 2008, 11:26:24 AM »

Now the country's Parliament is bitterly debating whether lawmakers should step in and review how the case is being handled.

WTF, debating what??

According to Aruban law, a suspect's own words can't be used against him and there's no such thing as perjury.

WTF??

Now, now Bladerunner.... you know we just don't understand their laws and their system....

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
Katysmom
Monkey Junky

Everyone needs a helping hand once in a while

« Reply #425 on: February 08, 2008, 11:29:34 AM »

I was surprised watching the three shows last night that had Peter on as guests.  Both NG and LK hardly gave Peter a chance to talk. I would of thought that since Peter was nice enough to take the time to come here all the way from Holland, that they would of given him more air time. Watching Peter watch Nancy as she spouted off, he had a look on his face like "who in the hell is this woman?". 
I hate to say it, but, Greta was the only one who did a decent interview with him.  Even my husband who hates Greta with a passion, lauded her.
Peter had the courage to stand up and do what was right, now it is the government of Aruba to do the same!

If love could of saved you, you would of lived forever
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #426 on: February 08, 2008, 11:29:40 AM »

Half brother or not, I'm still not ready to completely dismiss him.
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #427 on: February 08, 2008, 11:32:21 AM »

Good Morning.....

Hi AVA...Welcome ....did that link open for you? I haven't been able to open any Aruba Lions for a couple of weeks. One of our posters did manage to retrieve a cached copy of that one though.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #428 on: February 08, 2008, 11:32:33 AM »

People have been discussing Lorenzo and his connection to the Sloots for 2 1/2 yrs. and just now Anita suddenly comments on it?  All of a sudden her two younger sons are confused?  So I smell another law suit coming on behalf of the two younger boys suffering mental anguish over these rumors?

They should change their surname to van der SUIT.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #429 on: February 08, 2008, 11:35:33 AM »

Will someone translate Jossy's comments?

I have always respected Jossy, however I find him strangely subdued, especially now. Is it because of the shock of hearing Joran speak this way?

There is no loyalty however, and the fact that he does not address the cover up worries me.

He doesn't know? It's hard to believe Jossy doesn't know exactly what happened here, yet the fact remains he supports van der straaten and Janssen, why?

His timidity now is disturbing to me.

Didn't someone post a few days back that Jossy had been told that he had to cut back on his reporting of Joran, etc.,etc., or else he would loose government funding for his newspaper??? 

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #430 on: February 08, 2008, 11:36:12 AM »

Howdy AVA, and welcome!!

Welcome to all the new monkeys.

Good Morning Snoopy!   My computer keeps hiccupping this morning...Hope this isn't a double post!!

Good morning.  I'm busy multitasking.  pppffffttt. My life story.
Destiny
Monkey Junky

unwatched kids will be given sugar + a free puppy

« Reply #431 on: February 08, 2008, 11:37:04 AM »

Someone posted the other day.....'ask Sambo' could this be Sambo?

Comment reporting officer: At 20.05 hours the assistent district attorney, inspector first class J.C. SAMBO informed the suspect P.A.P.J. van der SLOOT that he would be held for questioning at the police station in Noord on which the suspect P.A.P.J. van der SLOOT responded that he would resist the incarceration because it was a completely insane and absurd action.

Destiny give him a call -

phone # of the Sambo - 297.586.3003.  and 587.0009

OK...will do...still reading...
Good Morning Anna.....Thank You...so Anita said they moved in 1990, not what we have as 1991....so just where was Val born again, Anita?

Keep talking Sloots.....LOL

Also Lorenzo’s family had already told a newspaper in the past that this story about half brother is not true.  The two families had contact with each other right after family Van der Sloot moved to Aruba in 1990.  “They had an auto-repair shop and we have taken our car to them a few times.  Lorenzo was five or six years old at that time and Joran two-and-a-half.”

Bullshit!  Yep...keep yakkin' it up Sloots...

I Stand With The Girl *NATALEE HOLLOWAY*

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #432 on: February 08, 2008, 11:37:22 AM »

Off to Whister, BC for a day of snow boarding ... skiiing for me.  My husband family is entertaining relatives from Japan.  I think I am getting too old for this activity.  Hubby claims it keeps us young. Whatever!

If I come home with no broken bones ... I will be back in the cage tomorrow ... scanning the forum for Natalee Holloway updates.

Have a good day Monkeys

Janet

Janet - have a great time!

Have fun, Janet!

Some of us are still picking up branches of trees from storm damage so have fun for us, too.  At least our weather is very nice again.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #433 on: February 08, 2008, 11:43:27 AM »

Klaas
Please delete my previous post to Anna. Thank you.
AVA
Scared Monkey

« Reply #434 on: February 08, 2008, 11:45:50 AM »

Good Morning.....

Hi AVA...Welcome ....did that link open for you? I haven't been able to open any Aruba Lions for a couple of weeks. One of our posters did manage to retrieve a cached copy of that one though.

Yes....it is very interesting all the connections including the Freemansons, Lions, Jaycess, and Rotary Club......such a small island and no one knows anything........thank all of you for such a warm welcome......
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #435 on: February 08, 2008, 11:46:46 AM »

Thursday, Feb 07, 2008 - 02:41 PM Updated: 03:26 PM

By Jennifer Hale

Thursday, Aruban prosecutors are scheduled to meet with Joran van der Sloot in Holland. Van der Sloot has not been arrested - he's meeting with prosecutors voluntarily.

The topic of discussion: his secretly recorded confession. If convicted in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway, van der Sloot could face as little as a few months in jail or as much as life in prison, but first it will take a lengthy legal battle to even bring him into court.

According to Dutch and Aruban law, Joran van der Sloot's secretly taped confession by itself isn't strong enough to have him re-arrested, let alone bring him to trial, since he now says he made the story up. But van der Sloot's confession is giving prosecutors some new clues where to look for additional evidence, and Natalee's family has more insight into what may have happened to her.

Van der Sloot's confession is hitting Natalee's family hard. Van der Sloot says he was lying, but Natalee's family says for once - they think he's being honest.

"Oh absolutely - I watched him intently: his mannerisms, his tone of voice. I'm absolutely sure that's the truth., " says Paul Reynolds, Natalee's uncle and Beth Holloway's brother.

It's not just a gut feeling either. Natalee's father Dave Holloway arranged for the confession to be tested through voice analysis equipment that detects lies. Holloway says the test's result: a truthful, valid statement. Except Holloway believes the story goes on from there.

"A lot of people on tv are afraid to say it, but I'm not: I think there's more to it, " says Dave Holloway.

He suspects van der Sloot slipped Natalee drugs - a common practice in Aruba's night clubs. Holloway says a detective warned him about it the first day he arrived in Aruba.

"He repeatedly told us, and I'll never forget: He says watch your drink around here because drugs are prevalent and somebody may slip something into it," says Holloway.

One of the more common drugs in Aruba: GHB, also known as the Date Rape Drug in America, but in Aruba it's commonly used as a party drug, one you can even order at some bars.

"You can buy a drink and pay a bartender $25, and he'll put it in it, " says Holloway.

In his confession, van der Sloot described Natalee's condition on the beach that night: trembling, that turned into shaking and then nothing...an unconscious state van der Sloot says he couldn't wake Natalee from... symptoms Samford University's Dr. Pam Sims says could describe someone who's been given GHB.

"Generally when they pass out, it looks like a coma. They are not arousable. That is generally caused because they're blood pressure drops so low, " says Dr. Pam Sims, Pharmacy Chair at Samford University.

In his confession, van der Sloot says he checked to see if Natalee was dead before deciding to drop her in the ocean, but Dr. Sims warns that's a call van der Sloot wasn't qualified to make.

"Lay people may not be able to detect pulses that are very faint or breathing that's very shallow or irregular," says Dr. Sims.

If van der Sloot's confession is true - Natalee may have been alive when she was thrown into the ocean.

"He claims he shook her and she didn't arouse- that doesn't mean she's dead, " says Dr. Sims.

"We try not to think about because it's too painful to imagine," says Reynolds.

Dutch media reports claim fifty percent of Holland's population watched the tv report about the secretly recorded tapes. Newspapers are full of stories and opinion columns about the alleged confession. Now the country's Parliament is bitterly debating whether lawmakers should step in and review how the case is being handled.

Aruba's chief prosecutor is fighting to have van der Sloot re-arrested and brought to trial, but so far a Dutch judge says no.

"He put the threshold very, very high because this is the third consecutive time you've asked me for this in two and a half years time. Well, this is serious, but he thought it didn't meet his threshold, " explains Aruba's Chief Prosecutor Hans Mos.

If an arrest happens, this would be the third time Aruba has taken van der Sloot into custody for Natalee's disappearance. Every time the prosecution asks for permission to re-arrest, their burden of proof increases.

According to Aruban law, a suspect's own words can't be used against him and there's no such thing as perjury. Consequently, a judge needs something to back up van der Sloot's confession. However, right now, there are several reasons the judge doubts van der Sloot's confession:

The accomplice van der Sloot says dumped Natalee's body has come forward and says the story is made up. The phone booth van der Sloot says he used to call the accomplice is actually a credit card only phone for tourists that just connects to the United States. Plus, van der Sloot says he abandoned his shoes the night Natalee died in a drain on his walk home, but Aruba doesn't have street-side drains.

The Aruban Prosecutor's Office says investigators are searching for the needed back up evidence. If they can find it, they are considering charging van der Sloot with:

Aiding and Abetting First Degree Murder, which carries a maximum sentence of life imprisonment; Injury to Health Causing Death, which carries a sentence of six to nine years; Accidental Death, a sentence of up to nine months; Illegal Disposal of a Corpse, a sentence of up to six months and Not Giving Aid to Someone in Need, which also carries a sentence of up to six months.

If van der Sloot is ever brought to trial and convicted, he would get credit for the time he's already served in jail. Aruba's Prosecutor expects a higher court to answer his appeal to re-arrest van der Sloot by next Tuesday.

http://www.nbc13.com/gulfcoastwest/vtm/news.apx.-content-articles-VTM-2008-02-07-0007.html

That is the report that was on Birmingham TV last night, however the written version
omits some things said on the news.  The quote from Natalee's Dr. was left out as
was the Julia Renfro interview by phone.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #436 on: February 08, 2008, 11:50:01 AM »

Hi Nut...LOL

Have you seen any other articles by Anita since this started...I am just wondering what her tone was in those, that is if there are any.....
jackb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #437 on: February 08, 2008, 11:52:09 AM »

Now the country's Parliament is bitterly debating whether lawmakers should step in and review how the case is being handled.

WTF, debating what??

According to Aruban law, a suspect's own words can't be used against him and there's no such thing as perjury.

WTF??

It is not just Joran's words against him.  There is the Patrick witness, Joran's words, the visuals, the common sense of it all and the world.  It is not like one of those professional confessors who confess to any and everything.  He has denied any connection since day one. Now he is caught up with. The other evidence surrounding his lies and timelines, the facts that surrounding aspects that back up the fact that his confession is true in that he was present at her death.  The twisting to allow him to be free is so strange that this in itself says something is drastically wrong.  He does have some crap on his helpers and/or their children.  This confession is true in the part that he did throw her away like an old rag and sleep like a baby.  His very words of calling her foul names knowing she is dead and he is responsible condemn him.  Those people are using their own law to cover their own sins because Joran and Palus can "bring down the house."   There is no other reason in the world they would protect this punk.  NONE.  They are protecting VanderStratten who is protecting the judges, and ones who are diry.  Hope they ALL hang.       Jack Blue
martini
Scared Monkey

« Reply #438 on: February 08, 2008, 11:52:49 AM »

Bamboo is having lunch with Chavez as we speak. They just finished off a bottle of Absinthe and are enjoying a cuban cigar together.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NtzCPPN3bU

Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #439 on: February 08, 2008, 11:55:07 AM »

Like she'd know where Paulus has been putting his pink pencil the last 30 years? And like he'd tell her? Joran got his pathological lying traits from one or both of them. You can't believe a word either says.

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.