April 28, 2024, 06:53:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Will Joran be arrested?
Yes - 41 (33.3%)
No - 58 (47.2%)
No but will go to trial - 24 (19.5%)
Total Voters: 122

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #728 2/10 - 2/11/08  (Read 264213 times)
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #480 on: February 10, 2008, 09:00:08 PM »

Klaas, can we start a poll?

Is Joran getting arrested?

Yes

or

No

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #481 on: February 10, 2008, 09:00:49 PM »

Peter DeVries and Mark Furman both predict Joran will go to trial.

DUTCH CAN PROSECUTE WITHOUT A BODY
Prosecutors have acknowledged they have no solid evidence to indicate that Holloway is dead. They have said a murder conviction is possible without a body, but the case requires strong evidence such as a confession, reliable statements and forensic evidence of wrongdoing.
http://www.rednova.com/news/general/163896..._kept_in_aruba/

Scott Petersen was convicted on circumstantial evidence.

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #482 on: February 10, 2008, 09:01:39 PM »

Geraldo on, talking about primaries right now, has interview with Peter coming up.

i am still catching up but i hope i can watch that on youtube.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #483 on: February 10, 2008, 09:02:43 PM »

Justice for Natalee?
Wednesday, March 22, 2006
John Ehinger
Huntsville Times

an attorney for two of the named-but-not-charged suspects, said he expects the case to come to court this summer. That would seem to indicate murder or homicide charges against one or more of the three: Joran van der Sloot, 19, and the brothers Deepak Kalpoe, 22, and Satish Kalpoe, 19.
http://www.al.com/opinion/huntsvilletimes/...1820.xml&coll=1

I THINK IT'S A LOCK

Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #484 on: February 10, 2008, 09:02:59 PM »

but then friday very highest top official of the OM Harm Brouwer (like the 2nd man down from justice minister, NOT part of goverment because of tripartite system) said "Peter R. is doing a good job - private investigation can be good - but we have to debate it", same day Aruban OM comes with statement "doesn't like the witchhunt don't interfere with OM", same day Balkenende opens his mouth "the evidence may be controversial, i can't talk about it while it is in court". << what court??

Caesu, I think Balkenede is the one who is confused. The evidence is not controversial. It is a confession, very plain to see. What is controversial is why they haven't arrested and charged Joran yet.

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
Bladerunner
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #485 on: February 10, 2008, 09:04:00 PM »

Geraldo on, talking about primaries right now, has interview with Peter coming up.

Furman was awesome! Says that people are being too reserved in not wanting to call out Papa Van Der Satan. Says that Joran called someone who was not his peer, and could only be a family member.
Frank
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #486 on: February 10, 2008, 09:04:38 PM »

Oh yeah, Devries and Fuhrman took the Patriots too.

I'm glad they said this though, it will make the outrage more intense.

I just cannot visualize Aruba hosting the "trial of the century" or the judges wanting that case before them, way too much exposure.
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #487 on: February 10, 2008, 09:04:58 PM »

private eye
Monkey Junky

« Reply #488 on: February 10, 2008, 09:05:11 PM »

Natalee Holloway's Uncle, Paul Reynolds penned a letter to the Editor and sent it to Amigoe, Aruba AM and Aruba Today. He was on MSNBC's Scarborough Country Tuesday night to discuss the letter and related topics.

Below is the unedited text of the letter.

Letter to the Editor

I have been reading Aruba AM, the English Aruban newspaper sent out over the internet. There appears to be a growing backlash against the Holloway family that I am very concerned about. I am sure the people in Aruba wish this investigation could be resolved as much as our family does.

The people in Aruba have been overwhelming supportive of our entire family since Natalie's disappearance. When I arrived on the Island two days after she was reported missing, I was always greeted with expressions of concern and hope for Natalie's return. There are hundreds if not thousands of stories of people coming together and helping each other during this incident. Bernadett from Economy Car Rental, the people at Holiday Inn, the Aruban Government Workers who left work to search the island are just a few of the examples. This is the good story of Aruba . The compassion and desire to help has meant more than you can imagine to our family.

Unfortunately, there are a very small number of individuals that are holding the people of Aruba , the Holloway family and what seems like the whole world hostage. These individuals are not a reflection of the Aruban people or the system of Justice in Aruba . These individuals know what happened and are refusing to accept responsibility for their actions. It also appears that certain individuals may be attempting to protect those individuals that know what happened. Helping them hide from their responsibility will destroy rather than preserve what is left of their lives, hopes and dreams.

The concerns that we have about the investigation are real. It began with the 10 day delay with taking the three original suspects into custody. My sister, Beth and her husband, Jug, arrived on the island the same day Natalie was reported missing. They were able to identify the three individuals she had last been seen with and report this to the police. The three suspects were briefly questioned and released. Their stories turned out to be false and their allegations led to the detainment of two innocent individuals. In a missing person case, every day is critical. Ten days would allow those individuals responsible time to hide evidence and coordinate their stories. What if the missing person was alive in those first few days? The failure to take those individuals into custody and seek evidence may have damaged this investigation beyond repair. Why was this done? Was it an attempt to cover up whatever happened and or protect those individuals involved?

Because the father of one of the suspects is a member of the Judicial system, there was immediate concern on behalf of the family that the investigation might not be fair and objective. The interest and presence of the FBI along with assurances from the US Government and the Prime Minister of Aruba reduced those concerns.

Actions since then have again increased concerns that the investigation is not being done in an objective manner. Why would you refuse assistance from the FBI in resolving a difficult case? Why would you hinder a private search team, composed of a group of volunteers whose director has experienced a similar loss of his own?

The release of two of the suspects is also a matter of concern. Although the latest (third) story of one of the suspects places him alone with Natalie on the beach, the other two have admitted to lying. Is this not obstruction of justice, interfering with an investigation or conspiracy to cover up a crime? Aren't these illegal activities whether or not you are involved in the actual crime itself? How can these individuals be allowed to go free and possibly leave the country? Why would they lie unless they had knowledge of a crime either before or after the fact? Why would the father of one of the suspects tell all three that without a body, there is no crime?

As you can see, our many questions and concerns are about the investigation, not the Island or the people of Aruba . They are as much a victim of these individuals as we are. Please join us in our request to the Prime Minister of Aruba and the Dutch Authorities to launch an independent investigation of this matter and allow all of us to learn the truth, return Natalie to her home and go forward with our lives.

Respectfully yours,

Paul Reynolds

Natalie Holloway's Uncle

http://www.legendgames.net/showstory.asp?p...s/WN0000276.txt
______________________________________________________________________________________
Natalee Holloway's Uncle, Paul Reynolds penned a letter to the Editor and sent it to Amigoe, Aruba AM and Aruba Today. He was on MSNBC's Scarborough Country Tuesday night to discuss the letter and related topics.

Below is the unedited text of the letter.

Letter to the Editor

I have been reading Aruba AM, the English Aruban newspaper sent out over the internet. There appears to be a growing backlash against the Holloway family that I am very concerned about. I am sure the people in Aruba wish this investigation could be resolved as much as our family does.

The people in Aruba have been overwhelming supportive of our entire family since Natalie's disappearance. When I arrived on the Island two days after she was reported missing, I was always greeted with expressions of concern and hope for Natalie's return. There are hundreds if not thousands of stories of people coming together and helping each other during this incident. Bernadett from Economy Car Rental, the people at Holiday Inn, the Aruban Government Workers who left work to search the island are just a few of the examples. This is the good story of Aruba . The compassion and desire to help has meant more than you can imagine to our family.

Unfortunately, there are a very small number of individuals that are holding the people of Aruba , the Holloway family and what seems like the whole world hostage. These individuals are not a reflection of the Aruban people or the system of Justice in Aruba . These individuals know what happened and are refusing to accept responsibility for their actions. It also appears that certain individuals may be attempting to protect those individuals that know what happened. Helping them hide from their responsibility will destroy rather than preserve what is left of their lives, hopes and dreams.

The concerns that we have about the investigation are real. It began with the 10 day delay with taking the three original suspects into custody. My sister, Beth and her husband, Jug, arrived on the island the same day Natalie was reported missing. They were able to identify the three individuals she had last been seen with and report this to the police. The three suspects were briefly questioned and released. Their stories turned out to be false and their allegations led to the detainment of two innocent individuals. In a missing person case, every day is critical. Ten days would allow those individuals responsible time to hide evidence and coordinate their stories. What if the missing person was alive in those first few days? The failure to take those individuals into custody and seek evidence may have damaged this investigation beyond repair. Why was this done? Was it an attempt to cover up whatever happened and or protect those individuals involved?

Because the father of one of the suspects is a member of the Judicial system, there was immediate concern on behalf of the family that the investigation might not be fair and objective. The interest and presence of the FBI along with assurances from the US Government and the Prime Minister of Aruba reduced those concerns.

Actions since then have again increased concerns that the investigation is not being done in an objective manner. Why would you refuse assistance from the FBI in resolving a difficult case? Why would you hinder a private search team, composed of a group of volunteers whose director has experienced a similar loss of his own?

The release of two of the suspects is also a matter of concern. Although the latest (third) story of one of the suspects places him alone with Natalie on the beach, the other two have admitted to lying. Is this not obstruction of justice, interfering with an investigation or conspiracy to cover up a crime? Aren't these illegal activities whether or not you are involved in the actual crime itself? How can these individuals be allowed to go free and possibly leave the country? Why would they lie unless they had knowledge of a crime either before or after the fact? Why would the father of one of the suspects tell all three that without a body, there is no crime?

As you can see, our many questions and concerns are about the investigation, not the Island or the people of Aruba . They are as much a victim of these individuals as we are. Please join us in our request to the Prime Minister of Aruba and the Dutch Authorities to launch an independent investigation of this matter and allow all of us to learn the truth, return Natalie to her home and go forward with our lives.

Respectfully yours,

Paul Reynolds

Natalie Holloway's Uncle

http://www.legendgames.net/showstory.asp?p...s/WN0000276.txt

Do we know what the date of this letter is?
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #489 on: February 10, 2008, 09:05:27 PM »

Oh yeah, Devries and Fuhrman took the Patriots too.

I'm glad they said this though, it will make the outrage more intense.

I just cannot visualize Aruba hosting the "trial of the century" or the judges wanting that case before them, way too much exposure.

CNN LARRY KING LIVE
Missing in Paradise: The Search for Natalee Holloway

Aired June 8, 2005 - 21:00 ET
LEJUEZ: Well, they have very, very little circumstantial evidence, very thin evidence. What they have is somebody have said they saw someone who looks like a security guard walking in the hotel at approximately the hour that Natalee possibly could have disappeared. It's that thin, yet the judge instructions here in Aruba has decided that this was enough to call the detention legal. So that the investigation could go on with these people in detention.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0506/08/lkl.01.html

sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #490 on: February 10, 2008, 09:05:32 PM »

caesu, welcome to our Cage! Been following your posts. Keep up the good work.

Joran needs police protection right now because the mass of the Dutch people HATE him. It is the Dutch judicial system (which is SYNONYMOUS with the Aruban system, there on the island) which is treating him like they treat ALL criminals... like they themselves are poor unfortunate victims.

Joran and his demon family are pulling every string they have to keep a rearrest from happening. The kid has clout, make no mistake about that.

It is gratifying to us here in the US that the people of NL are seeing now what we have known. it is a vindication for Beth that so many in Holland now see what's happening here.

We all just have to find a way to MAKE the elitists and power people in the Hague bring this case and get this conviction. I have no idea what threshhold of activism and raising our voices that will take.

And I just saw the piece with Beth and Devries with Geraldo. Was that the replay from Monday night?

BTW, it was all Beth could do when Geraldo asked her who she thought gave Joran that advice about "chill/ live normal/ go to school" , for her NOT to blurt out Paulus' name. She was biting her tongue hard.

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
ala_gunslinger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #491 on: February 10, 2008, 09:07:13 PM »

Joran to Daury: I cant go to the police, so Daury says: Ill help you but you must go to school tomorrow, you must do normal things

Sorry Kermit, but if I may...

joran to daddy:  I can't go to the police, so daddy says:  I'll help you but you must go to school tomorrow, you must do normal things.

Existence is futile.
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #492 on: February 10, 2008, 09:07:37 PM »

http://www.ad.nl/binnenland/article2040821.ece

Through translator:

zondag 10 februari 2008

"We try to live as simply as possible '
By PETER DE KNEGT

ORANJESTAD - The parents of Joran van der Sloot like to pick up the thread again. It says the mother, Anita van der Sloot, against the AD. ,, We try life as good and as bad as it is just as possible to tackle. We have more children, you know,''

Paul and Anita van der Sloot, the parents of Joran.

Anita van der Sloot looks excited. When pruning in the garden pulls them out to the media last week amply paid attention to the broadcast of Peter R. De Vries. They told their son under the eye of hidden cameras what almost three years ago with the missing American girl Natalee Holloway on the beach of Aruba would have happened.

,, The media distort the facts and only one side of the story ever told. It is better not to say too much. Everything is still against our intentions explained,''says the mother of Joran.
Anita van der Sloot naročil the broadcast of De Vries which told her son that his father illegally a mobile phone in the cell had smuggled, as "terrible". She is sorry that she, her husband and Joran in the talk of Pauw and Witteman have taken their seats. ,, That was very stupid. That we must not do.''
After the broadcast Joran threw a glass of red wine in the face of Peter R. De Vries. Pictures of this were soon out.

and then she starts talking anyway.
therefore: lie

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #493 on: February 10, 2008, 09:08:22 PM »

PI,

July 06, 2005 at 12:50 AM

Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #494 on: February 10, 2008, 09:08:41 PM »

Furman was awesome! Says that people are being too reserved in not wanting to call out Papa Van Der Satan. Says that Joran called someone who was not his peer, and could only be a family member.

Geraldo, Beth and Furman did do a great job of transferring Daury over to Paulus. Joran's own words were more parental sounding than some friend he would call in the wee hours of the morning. Agree, Furman was super Bladerunner.

So who did Paulus call with a boat? Lorenzo? Koen? Croes?

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #495 on: February 10, 2008, 09:09:17 PM »

Joran to Daury: I cant go to the police, so Daury says: Ill help you but you must go to school tomorrow, you must do normal things

joran to daddy:  I can't go to the police, so daddy says:  I'll help you but you must go to school tomorrow, you must do normal things.

Yep.

He has been covering for the father - Kermit said it from the beginning.

ala_gunslinger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #496 on: February 10, 2008, 09:09:53 PM »

Do I know you?

Existence is futile.
private eye
Monkey Junky

« Reply #497 on: February 10, 2008, 09:10:36 PM »

It sounds more like the advice of Mr. Rogers or Captain Kangaroo and not one of Joran's pimp buddies
Destiny
Monkey Junky

unwatched kids will be given sugar + a free puppy

« Reply #498 on: February 10, 2008, 09:10:48 PM »

Peter DeVries and Mark Furman both predict Joran will go to trial.

Ahhhhhhhh...would that be a closed door hearing with a single judge?

I Stand With The Girl *NATALEE HOLLOWAY*

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
ala_gunslinger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #499 on: February 10, 2008, 09:13:50 PM »

Yep.

He has been covering for the father - Kermit said it from the beginning.

You are correct.  I thank you sir. 

Existence is futile.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.