March 28, 2024, 04:39:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tara Grinstead msg 10/22/05 Ocilla, Georgia Presumed deceased  (Read 102451 times)
Shellbell
Scared Monkey

« on: June 30, 2006, 06:11:42 PM »

There is a new myspace set up for Tara Grinstead.  She has been missing for 8 months now.
www.myspace.com/findtaragrinstead
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 07:13:27 PM »

Quote from: "Shellbell"
There is a new myspace set up for Tara Grinstead.  She has been missing for 8 months now.

Thank you ShellBell.... do you have any more info to share?  I was wondering what was going on?

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 08:58:24 PM »

I have worked with a member of her family.The G.B.I. have given 2 lie detector tests to the person they feel is guilty.No arrest yet.cat

Live with hope,looking for justice
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 08:28:22 AM »

Thanks, Shellbell.  I have been thinking of Tara.  It's good to see you.  Drop by and chat with us some time.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 09:34:47 AM »

Cat, who have they given the 2 lie detector tests to?  The Mark guy?  Just curious as to who they think is behind this.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 06:09:22 PM »

Quote from: "Jennifer34"
Cat, who have they given the 2 lie detector tests to?  The Mark guy?  Just curious as to who they think is behind this.

Jennifer... who is the Mark guy?  Is it Tara's ex-boyfriend?

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 08:07:01 AM »

http://www.walb.com/Global/story.asp?S=5626930&nav=5kZQ

Shellbell
Scared Monkey

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2007, 07:45:24 PM »

There have not been any leads in this case.  They are treating it as if she left on her own free will.
Bobo2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2007, 09:53:30 PM »

Thanks for the update Shellbell, although that is sad news.  That certainly does not seem in character for her  - deserting her beloved pet and not calling family and friends. I have been thinking and wondering about this case lately.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2007, 07:00:22 PM »

I think about Tara from time to time. I can't see her as the type to just leave and never come back. She had family, friends, a career she loved, and she was pursuing an advanced degree. People like that don't just vanish in the night. Her mother is elderly, and I can't see Tara not caring about how her Mom would feel.
I think either her ex did it, or that friend named Heath.
And the house and car that burned near her home a short time later....very suspicious.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2007, 09:00:31 AM »

There have not been any leads in this case.  They are treating it as if she left on her own free will.

That's pretty lame.  

There is nothing to suggest Tara would up and leave of her own volition.  

LE needs to try harder.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2007, 11:42:21 AM »

Not to offend any monkeys from Georgia.  But just like in the case of Sue Ann Ray.  I kept scratching my head about the local LE then.  Same stuff (almost anyway) - like they went there with the notepads - listened a little.  Meanwhile no one doing extensive searches.  No one getting warrants.  I was starting to think (in that case) LE was afraid of her nut job exhusband and his family and just really didn't want to get involved - EVEN THOUGH THAT IS THEIR JOB!!!

Well I am starting to think the same thing here.  This beautiful woman is almost gone 2 years.  WTH!!!  I mean let's face it - even if things weren't going great in her personal life - for one thing - no animal lover just up and leaves a dog to fend for itself.  And if she wanted to disappear - she was pretty much a grown woman - I am sure she could have found a way.  Not just up and leave everything and everyone.  I just do NOT believe she just left.  And SHAME ON THEM for not keeping on all of those closely involved.

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2007, 09:59:50 AM »

Sleeks you are right... and wasn't one of the mysterious people involved an officer?  I wonder if we will ever know what happened to Tara?

Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2007, 02:06:35 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
Sleeks you are right... and wasn't one of the mysterious people involved an officer?  I wonder if we will ever know what happened to Tara?

Mrs. Red - I wonder the same thing.  And yes, her ex-boyfriend was an officer.  I hope this is not like another Ramsey case where (I believe) they do know what happened but are not in the position to say it.  It is so disheartening to know that a nice person like Tara could go 'missing' and there were (are) people out there who care about her, like her students and friends.  Not sure what to think about her family.   Confused  That of course, is because of the stories that were going around once upon a time.  But still, she is missing all this time, no arrests (Like Natalie) and someone is getting off scott free possibly because they are LE.  That infuriates me!!!

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2007, 04:00:00 PM »

Someone knows what happened. It's a small town, and people talk......but the case has been allowed to go cold. That seems suspicious to me. It's like no one in LE is motivated to solve it.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2007, 03:02:32 PM »

That is ridiculous!! It is obvious to so many that 'something BAD happend....just like in so many cases. There is an epidemic in this country (and others) and all these pervs need to be found and put to death!! PERIOD!!! ROUND em' up, give the freaks a trial...then send them to the chair the very next day. It is out of control. EVERY single day another goes missing...man, woman or child, every single day  Crying or Very sad  Evil or Very Mad

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Levi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2007, 09:57:02 PM »

What a kind hearted, nice lady. She would loan students money to buy their prom gowns. I remember when this case was in the news, many of her students seemed like they admired her. Leave it to some psychopathic, evil scum bag to take advantage of her and off her when she is useless to him/her.  Rolling Eyes

Such a sad case.
---------------------------------
Missing teacher to be remembered in weekend tribute
By Liz Fabian - lfabian@macontel.com

OCILLA --
Family and friends will gather in Ocilla this weekend to remember missing teacher Tara Grinstead.

The former beauty queen vanished from her Ocilla home sometime after 11 p.m. on Oct. 22, 2005.

A memorial tribute is planned for 7 p.m. Saturday at the old Irwin County High School Stadium on Ga. 129.

For two years people in the town of 3,000 have been bewildered by her unexplained disappearance.

Hundreds of volunteers unsuccessfully searched the rural community for the beloved Irwin County High School teacher who often loaned students money to buy their prom gowns.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation is looking into Grinstead's disappearance, but no one has ever been named a suspect in the case.

SOURCE: http://www.macon.com/149/story/170252.html
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2007, 09:43:18 AM »

I always thought her ex boyfriend murdered her.  I watched his interview on Greta and my gut feeling thinks that he did it.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2007, 12:47:26 PM »

Dr. Maurice Godwin was working this case and found some interesting items. A tooth under the bed. A drop of blood on the car port. A broken leg to the bed.

Did anything ever develop from those items?

Dr. Godwin, as some may remember, did the predator triangulation map in Natalee's case. I spoke to him a few times and he thought Tara's case would be solved.

It might be interesting to see what he thinks has happened.

Maybe Dana can get him on the show.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2007, 01:10:09 PM »

I always thought her ex boyfriend murdered her.  I watched his interview on Greta and my gut feeling thinks that he did it.

I agree. He is in law enforcement, no??

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.