April 19, 2024, 03:21:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tara Grinstead msg 10/22/05 Ocilla, Georgia Presumed deceased  (Read 106702 times)
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2009, 08:36:41 PM »

As of Tuesday, there were 421 women over the age of 18 missing in Georgia, according to GBI spokesman John Bankhead. The majority of the cases have turned “cold,” leaving investigators and families at a standstill.

Just one state Georgia and 421 women missing..
If that holds nation wide throughout all the states as typical..
Nationwide this could be considered a Mass murder equal to a war or even a Holocaust...

The amount of unsolved cases with no clues is astounding..
linds1980
Scared Monkey

« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2010, 04:31:25 AM »

http://tiftongazette.com/local/x422132704/Grinstead-case-to-be-featured-on-Discovery-Channel-Oct-4

September 18, 2010

Grinstead case to be featured on Discovery Channel Oct. 4

Angie Thompson/Senior Reporter
 CNHI CNHI

TIFTON — The case of the Oct. 22, 2005 disappearance of Tara Grinstead from her Ocilla home will be featured in “The Beauty Queen Mystery,” set to air at 10 p.m. Oct. 11 on Investigation Discovery’s DISAPPEARED.

According to a press release from Investigation Discovery, Season 2 of DISAPPEARED premieres at 10 p.m. Oct. 4 with “The Secret Journey,” the story of 17-year-old Brittanee Drexel of Rochester, N.Y., who went on spring break vacation in Myrtle Beach, S.C. without the consent or knowledge of her parents. On April 25, 2009, the night before she was supposed to come home, Drexel disappeared.

Grinstead vanished from her Ocilla home nearly five years ago after attending the Georgia Sweet Potato Pageant in nearby Fitzgerald, where she had assisted some of the contestants with their hair and makeup. She didn’t show up for work Monday and co-workers at Irwin County High School called Ocilla Police Department. Investigators found no sign of a struggle and only Grinstead's pocketbook and keys were missing. A latex glove was found in her front yard.

According to the press release, DISAPPEARED  provides the families of missing persons an outlet to profile  their stories in hopes that fresh leads or new information may be found.

“This series has had such tremendous support from our viewers from the beginning and it’s truly remarkable to work on something that can possibly bring answers and hopefully closure to some of these missing persons cases,” said Henry Schleiff, president and general manager for Investigation Discovery.

Each episode of DISAPPEARED begins at the time immediately before the individual vanished and chronicles the search for clues hidden beneath seemingly everyday behavior that may indicate what happened to the individual. For the open cases that have gone cold, DISAPPEARED asks viewers to share any fresh leads in hopes of deciphering what truly happened to the missing and whether foul play may have been involved, or if the person simple chose to leave on their own.

Grinstead’s case has garnered national attention and hundreds of people joined in on the search for her. Family, friends, and co-workers, as well as law enforcement, scoured the county trying to find any clue they could to solve the mystery and give family and friends answers. A $100,000 reward is being offered for Grinstead’s safe return and another $100,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or people responsible for her disappearance.

To contact senior reporter Angie Thompson, call 382-4321.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2010, 03:43:50 PM »

Just watching ID Disappeared.... Tara is on, almost over now. 144 DNA samples taken did not match the dna at the scene. I still think the cop BF had something to do with it and certainly would know how to hide shit.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2010, 03:44:49 PM »

Just my opinion Cool

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2012, 08:43:33 AM »

Not to offend any monkeys from Georgia.  But just like in the case of Sue Ann Ray.  I kept scratching my head about the local LE then.  Same stuff (almost anyway) - like they went there with the notepads - listened a little.  Meanwhile no one doing extensive searches.  No one getting warrants.  I was starting to think (in that case) LE was afraid of her nut job exhusband and his family and just really didn't want to get involved - EVEN THOUGH THAT IS THEIR JOB!!!

Well I am starting to think the same thing here.  This beautiful woman is almost gone 2 years.  WTH!!!  I mean let's face it - even if things weren't going great in her personal life - for one thing - no animal lover just up and leaves a dog to fend for itself.  And if she wanted to disappear - she was pretty much a grown woman - I am sure she could have found a way.  Not just up and leave everything and everyone.  I just do NOT believe she just left.  And SHAME ON THEM for not keeping on all of those closely involved.
Considering how old this post is, I'm sure by now that you know that LE was in fact investigating the case of Sue Ann Ray.  They had an informant who was able to get them info on Sue Ann's killers.  Her ex and his father. 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2012, 08:44:19 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tara_Grinstead

Wikipedia page for Tara.  I Keep hoping that some day someone will talk.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2012, 08:55:32 AM »

http://www.mysouthwestga.com/news/story.aspx?id=684548#.Tx61BG8S2Ag
Special Report: What happened to Tara Grinstead?
by Allen Carter
Updated: 11.10.2011 at 3:45 PM

iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2015, 10:19:43 PM »

Guys we have somewhat of breaking news.......... investigators are searching a pond off of Bowens Mill Road in Ben Hill County Ga.

http://www.tiftongazette.com/news/pond-drained-to-search-for-evidence-in-grinstead-case/article_00dd2f64-b160-11e4-8166-abe419e16566.html

Clearing up some misinformation that has been circulating, he said they did not find a body. Not giving details, he said they found "some items that substantiated original information that came in."

Also, If you follow the rumor mill a certain Ronnie Towns was the one who provided the information.

(take this with a grain of salt).

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2015, 03:15:07 AM »

Wow.   

Wish they would find her, it's been too long.   

Thanks for the update, iluvmua.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2015, 10:54:15 AM »

http://valdostatoday.com/2015/02/ben-hill-county-search-on-for-body-of-missing-beauty-queen/
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2015, 10:58:36 PM »

Wow.   

Wish they would find her, it's been too long.   

Thanks for the update, iluvmua.

It's been so long...  Hopefully they can bring her home soon. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2015, 10:59:25 PM »

Thank you for the updates iluvmua.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2015, 06:47:09 AM »

WoW!!!

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2015, 06:59:58 AM »

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2015, 12:35:00 PM »

http://www.macon.com/news/local/crime/article39641307.html

CRIME
OCTOBER 17, 2015
Ten years later, Tara Grinstead's disappearance still baffles

BY JOE KOVAC JR.
jkovac@macon.com

Tara Grinstead was a country girl, a beauty queen, a high school history teacher with dreams of becoming a principal.

Instead, to many who otherwise would never have heard of her, she became "that missing woman," "that teacher who disappeared."

She was a 30-year-old brunette with an easy smile and a Georgia-farm-town drawl. A Hawkinsville native, she'd been Miss Tifton in 1999 and, soon after, a contestant in the Miss Georgia pageant. She wore a yellowish suit as one of her outfits at the Miss Georgia contest, telling an interviewer at the time, "It shows I'm a happy person."

She lived by herself in south Georgia -- in a place that a national TV-news personality referred to after her disappearance as "the sleepy town of Ocilla."

She knew her neighbors well enough that when she went home at night, she switched on a light to signal that all was well.

Though she hadn't married, she had dated a local cop for the better part of five years. She collected Barbie dolls and was a fan of the TV show "The Dukes of Hazzard."

Grinstead's vanishing in late October 2005 has remained a mystery for a decade now. Hers is perhaps the region's most widely publicized missing-persons case in history. Her story has been told and retold on network television crime programs and been the subject of cable news talk shows.

Hers was the rare local case that rose to some degree of national prominence despite the remoteness of its geography.

Grinstead, who taught at Irwin County High for about eight years, had gone to work there out of college. Her folks moved to town later.

Oct. 22, 2005, the last night anyone is known to have seen her, was a Saturday. That afternoon she had helped out at the Miss Georgia Sweet Potato pageant in Fitzgerald.

She'd later gone to a cookout at the home of a former county school superintendent's family. When she was reported missing after not showing up at school on Monday, the clothes she'd worn to the Saturday cookout were found at her house. Her cellphone was charging in her bedroom. But she was gone.

Her purse and keys were missing. Her cat, Herman Talmadge, and her dog, Dolley Madison, were in the house. There were no certain signs of a struggle. A bedroom lamp was broken. Her car, a white Mitsubishi, was parked outside, unlocked.

Investigators spoke to dozens of people who knew Grinstead, including men she'd had relationships with. They also interviewed a former student who was arrested in March 2005 for apparently trying to break into her house while she was home.

Her longtime boyfriend, a man named Marcus Harper, told Fox News commentator Greta Van Susteren that Grinstead had ended their relationship well before she went missing. He said he felt "a little rejected at first" but that "we continued to be friends."

Harper, in the televised interview with Fox, described his relationship with Grinstead as "a commitment."

"We did not date other people," he said. "But I was honest with her when I said I had no intentions of marriage."

After they broke up, Harper said in the interview that Grinstead "approached me crying. She was very irrational and she told me that if she found out I was dating someone she would commit suicide."

Harper was not the only man she had been close to.

In a 2009 feature about the case on the CBS show "48 Hours," the lead GBI investigator said, "One of the things that made this case so complicated is that she did have several romantic relationships that occurred in relative proximity to one another."

"What really bothers me about this is how unfair this case is," Rothwell said. "To everyone involved. Obviously to Tara and her family, but also unfair to many other people whose lives have been scrutinized. ... Irresponsible public accusations have been made about them, and they have no way to respond or defend themselves. And it's frustrating that we don't have evidence to rule anyone in or out."

There is one piece of evidence that is now considered a significant clue: a latex glove.

Investigators found it in Grinstead's yard. The glove contained what authorities have said contained "male-profiled" DNA and a fingerprint. But so far no match has turned up.

Meanwhile, Rothwell said there is "information we have never released that we can't explain."

"It's astounding to me," he said, "as many resources as we have devoted to this case, we really don't know any more about what happened to her than we did in the first week. ... It's just baffling."

J.T. Ricketson, the GBI agent in charge of the Perry field office, which is overseeing the Grinstead probe, said last week that Grinstead's disappearance and other unsolved cases are reviewed every few months.

"With this particular case, as leads come in we follow them," he said.

Earlier this year, in February, authorities acting on a tip drained a pond in Fitzgerald. Ricketson said the information was credible enough, but "it ended up not materializing into anything."

Potential evidence that was collected in 2005, apparently from Grinstead's house, may in the end prove vital to finding out what became of her.

Though Ricketson declined to go into specifics, he mentioned the scientific "leaps and bounds" that have been made regarding DNA in the past decade.

Labs, he said, are "able to separate DNA that had maybe been meshed."

Ricketson said, "We've had them revisit our evidence with this new technology, and they have come up with a couple of things that are hopeful or promising to us that may be able to head us in the right direction."

Information from Telegraph archives was used in this report. To contact writer Joe Kovac Jr., call 744-4397.

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/news/local/crime/article39641307.html#storylink=cpy

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2015, 09:42:40 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/findtaragrinstead/photos/a.147919241885790.29221.147915191886195/1080929011918137/?type=3&theater

What Happened to Tara Grinstead?
2 hrs ·

The following letter was submitted this week by Mr. & Mrs. Billy Grinstead to the local newspapers in Ocilla & Hawkinsville. We are proud to share it here with you here as we keep all of Tara's family in our prayers.

(resized)

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2015, 09:51:47 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/findtaragrinstead/photos/a.147919241885790.29221.147915191886195/1080498135294558/?type=3&theater

What Happened to Tara Grinstead?
Yesterday at 7:44pm ·

Thursday, October 22nd, marks the 10-year anniversary of Tara's disappearance. Ten years. That is 10 birthdays and 10 Christmas mornings. Someone's conscience has to be stirred enough to tell what he or she knows. It is hard to fathom an individual [or individuals] with knowledge about Tara's disappearance just living their life with such a burden. It's time to talk, once and for all. Please help put an end to this nightmare. 10 years. It is time for Tara's case to be solved so her family, friends, and concerned people around the world can have closure. Please help make that happen.

(resized)

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2016, 06:54:24 PM »

http://www.walb.com/story/32680067/podcast-to-detail-disappearance-of-tara-grinstead

Podcast to detail disappearance of Tara Grinstead

Wednesday, August 3rd 2016, 5:38 pm CDT
Wednesday, August 3rd 2016, 5:50 pm CDT
By Mike Fussell, ReporterCONNECT

OCILLA, GA (WALB) -
An investigative podcast about the disappearance of an Ocilla teacher is set to premier Monday.

Titled 'Up and Vanished', the story details the findings of Atlanta filmmaker Payne Lindsey as he makes a documentary on Tara Grinstead, who went missing in 2005.

The podcast will be released every other week, as Lindsey works on the documentary.

He said he hopes his projects will help find out what happened to her.   

"I hope to be getting people talking again, making an avenue for people to feel comfortable to say things maybe they were too afraid to say," Lindsey said.

Payne said the podcast is ongoing, and that he's not entirely sure how it will end.

More information about the podcast can be found at http://www.upandvanished.com/.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2017, 11:00:03 AM »

The GBI has scheduled a news conference for 3 p.m. Thursday on the 2005 disappearance of Tara Grinstead.

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/local/gbi-plans-news-conference-on-tara-grinstead/413366904

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2017, 11:26:15 AM »

The GBI has scheduled a news conference for 3 p.m. Thursday on the 2005 disappearance of Tara Grinstead.

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/local/gbi-plans-news-conference-on-tara-grinstead/413366904

http://www.macon.com/news/local/crime/article134451989.html

Ricketson did say new developments surfaced in recent days and will be shared with the news media Thursday afternoon.

Investigators did talk with Grinstead’s family members Wednesday, he said.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.