April 19, 2024, 05:50:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #731 2/14 /08 - 2/15/08  (Read 259561 times)
imnoangel
Scared Monkey

« Reply #720 on: February 15, 2008, 01:18:34 PM »

Hi all!
I have to do some serious catchup on my reading, but wanted to reply first because yesterday i promised ala_gunslinger an answer to a question.

ala_gunslinger: the dutch CAN apply the Marshall rule.
but there is a lot going on at the moment.
i will try to sketch the situation in a nutshell.

the islands are a haven to those who want to duck taxes. however, they do ask holland for help in solving their debts and got that help. holland does not like it that we get islanders over here who break the law.now the islands want the status aparte.
people in holland were asked if they are before or against this.
most of the dutch are in favour of this, and we want it to be possible to sent those who break the law back to their island.
the parliament is in nagotiation with the islands how to arrange this al.
they both do not want to break up or endanger nagotiations, both for their own reasons. i guess that is why the dutch premier balkenende is so cowardless looking away from this natalee case.

if the islands get the status aparte however, the islands are under international law instead of under dutch law. i think that would be far better for this natalee holloway case.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #721 on: February 15, 2008, 01:22:58 PM »

She provided no link.....
Here goes>>>>>
Glenda Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:38 pm   

Court of Appeal upholds lower judge’s decision not to detain J.v.d.S.

J.v.d.S remains prime suspect
Judicial investigation continues

The Court of Appeal announced by the end of yesterday, February 14th, 2008, its decision to uphold the refusal by the investigating judge to order pre-trial detention of J.v.d.S. in the case of the disappearance of Natalee Holloway. The Office of the Public Prosecutor had requested such an order after the “Peter R de Vries-tapes” had been received by the Office and had been evaluated. Last week the Office appealed the ruling of refusal by the judge.

The reasons underlying the Court’s decision are the following. The Court has seen the visual materials, has listened to the audio materials and has inspected the verbatim reports. Based on that, the Court is of the opinion that there is a lack of sufficient facts and circumstances substantiating serious grounds for the suspicion of the suspect’s involvement in the crimes for which he is being held responsible by the prosecution. The Court will generally be a bit more hesitant when it has to decide on a new request for pre-trial detention of a suspect, when that same suspect has been detained repeatedly before and there has been a considerable lapse of time.

J.v.d.S. has given extensive and detailed statements in Patrick van der Eem’s car, the undercover citizen who worked for Peter R. de Vries, on what happened during the night of the disappearance of Natalee Holloway. Nevertheless the Court sees various reasons not to accept the serious grounds of suspicion which are statutorily required for pre-trial detention. One of them is the history of contradictory statements by J.v.d.S., which were belied repeatedly by objective findings.

At this moment those parts of the statements made in Van der Eem’s car which contain new elements are not being underpinned by objective findings. Considering the possibility of a serious personality disorder – as voiced by the prosecution – combined with a personal history of untrue statements and remarks, which even according to the suspect himself are frequently false, the Court of Appeal has reasons for doubt regarding the incriminating character of the “car-statements.”

On the pre-trial detention issue the Code of criminal procedure does not provide for further appeals. The effect of the Court decision is that J.v.d.S. cannot be (re)arrested. The investigation of the Natalee Holloway case continues. J.v.d.S. is again the prime suspect.

At the end of the investigation the Office of the Public Prosecution will decide whether to charge or not. 

Thanks Nut.

The above reflects many of the office statements that have been released from the Prosecutor's office since the November, 2007 detainment of Joran, Deepak and Satish.

Janet

+++++++++

Natalee Holloway Case Dismissed
By NBC 13 Staff
From a press release by the Aruban Public Prosecutor’s Office:

The office notified the three suspects in the case of the disappearance of Natalee Holloway, 24 year old D.S.K., his brother, 21 year old S.S.K., and 20 year old J.v.d. S., that no charges will be brought against them.

<snipped>

http://www.nbc13.com/gulfcoastwest/vtm/news.apx.-content-articles-VTM-2007-12-18-0004.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #722 on: February 15, 2008, 01:23:14 PM »

Suspect in Natalee Holloway case fears for life
Published: Friday 15 February 2008 08:06 UTC
Last updated: Friday 15 February 2008 15:13 UTC
Hilversum - Bert de Rooij, the lawyer of the main suspect in the Natalee Holloway case, has told Radio Netherlands Worldwide that his client Joran van der Sloot is in hiding in the Netherlands and fears for his life. "He's not hiding from the police, but from a nationwide kangaroo court. He has very good reason to fear that, if he goes out, he won't make it to the other side of the street."

The lawyer was referring to the public response to a television show broadcast on Dutch television on 3 February, in which Joran van der Sloot revealed his part in Natalee Holloway's disappearance in hidden camera footage. The two-hour programme was watched by seven million viewers, more than any Dutch TV programme this century. The undercover operation was the brainchild of crime reporter Peter R. de Vries.

Mr De Rooij said some of the things Mr Van der Sloot said during the programme couldn't possibly be true.

for some reason I can't copy the rest....
http://www.radionetherlands.nl/news/international/5643380/Suspect-in-Natalee-Holloway-case-fears-for-life

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #723 on: February 15, 2008, 01:23:25 PM »

Hey Monkeys!
Haven't been able to keep up with all of the Monkey Talk, but I have been keeping up with the case as best I can. I was disappointed, but not surprised by the news today. I did, however, jot an email to my US Senator, complaining. Don't know if it will help, but I don't think it could hurt.  After all the Democrats and Republicans are both trying to get elected, right?
We need to keep the pressure on this investigation.
Hope all of you have a terrific weekend!

ty and hello dawn.....every bit helps.

I am mad, but not really surprised Joran gets another free pass.
Aruba does look so corrupt now.
Hoping Persistence has some luck soon.  Keep the faith.

We have done this like 20 times before and never before did anything bad happen....JORAN
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #724 on: February 15, 2008, 01:24:44 PM »

seems we saw that several days ago, but the date says today.....

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
imnoangel
Scared Monkey

« Reply #725 on: February 15, 2008, 01:25:26 PM »

its allover the tv again tonight.
just saw peter de vries. he said that his investigations in this case are continuing.
yeahhhhhhhh!

then a lawyer came on he said peter de vries should stay out of it because he only obstucts investigations with his research 
ala_gunslinger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #726 on: February 15, 2008, 01:26:31 PM »

Hi all!
I have to do some serious catchup on my reading, but wanted to reply first because yesterday i promised ala_gunslinger an answer to a question.

ala_gunslinger: the dutch CAN apply the Marshall rule.
but there is a lot going on at the moment.
i will try to sketch the situation in a nutshell.

the islands are a haven to those who want to duck taxes. however, they do ask holland for help in solving their debts and got that help. holland does not like it that we get islanders over here who break the law.now the islands want the status aparte.
people in holland were asked if they are before or against this.
most of the dutch are in favour of this, and we want it to be possible to sent those who break the law back to their island.
the parliament is in nagotiation with the islands how to arrange this al.
they both do not want to break up or endanger nagotiations, both for their own reasons. i guess that is why the dutch premier balkenende is so cowardless looking away from this natalee case.

if the islands get the status aparte however, the islands are under international law instead of under dutch law. i think that would be far better for this natalee holloway case.

Thank you very much for your reply.  I understand.

In catching up, I noticed some may be confusing marshal law and marshal rule.  There is a difference.  Under marshal law, the military assists the local law enforcement.  Under marshal rule, the military replaces local law enforcement.  I am sorry for confusing anyone.

Existence is futile.
imnoangel
Scared Monkey

« Reply #727 on: February 15, 2008, 01:29:14 PM »

what de rooij said to the dutch radio is exactly the way we dutch think about joran.
he shouldnt be in holland anyway. thought he'd be safer here then in aruba? we dont want you here joran, go take a swim!
JusticeDawg
Scared Monkey

« Reply #728 on: February 15, 2008, 01:30:35 PM »

We need to hold a mock trial here in the cage and present all the evidence here and let the monkey's of justice hang (Try) him with a banana peeling.

What do you say, Monkeys?

JusticeDawg
imnoangel
Scared Monkey

« Reply #729 on: February 15, 2008, 01:30:43 PM »

ala_gunslinger, they can do both.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #730 on: February 15, 2008, 01:30:57 PM »

Glenda Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:30 am @ RU

Not that it matters, but the Psychics said that Pitbull's spirit told them that he and Natalee had a relationship and he went Jewelry shopping with her.

What profound garbage. 
imnoangel
Scared Monkey

« Reply #731 on: February 15, 2008, 01:32:42 PM »

there is so much info, that sometimes it does not make things clear, but instead it confuses, IMO
Frank
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #732 on: February 15, 2008, 01:34:39 PM »

Imnoangel,

Could Holland pressure janssen and van der straaten and the van der sloot family buy doing what we have here, an audit by the IRS?

Do the ex Police Chief and Prosecutor have a responsibility to come to Holland for questioning as employees of the State?

Gee, I hope Jossy could track down the security guards, it would at the very least be interesting to have them interviewed?

Although isn't one of them still an official suspect?
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #733 on: February 15, 2008, 01:34:51 PM »

Not that it matters, but the Psychics said that Pitbull's spirit told them that he and Natalee had a relationship and he went Jewelry shopping with her.

What profound garbage. 

Edited to add:  It's scary to think of the low IQ/ lack of basic education it would require to believe their deranged posts over at that site. Yikes.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #734 on: February 15, 2008, 01:35:16 PM »

Suspect in Natalee Holloway case fears for life
Published: Friday 15 February 2008 08:06 UTC
Last updated: Friday 15 February 2008 15:13 UTC

Hilversum - Bert de Rooij, the lawyer of the main suspect in the Natalee Holloway case, has told Radio Netherlands Worldwide that his client Joran van der Sloot is in hiding in the Netherlands and fears for his life. "He's not hiding from the police, but from a nationwide kangaroo court. He has very good reason to fear that, if he goes out, he won't make it to the other side of the street."

The lawyer was referring to the public response to a television show broadcast on Dutch television on 3 February, in which Joran van der Sloot revealed his part in Natalee Holloway's disappearance in hidden camera footage. The two-hour programme was watched by seven million viewers, more than any Dutch TV programme this century. The undercover operation was the brainchild of crime reporter Peter R. de Vries.

Mr De Rooij said some of the things Mr Van der Sloot said during the programme couldn't possibly be true.

for some reason I can't copy the rest....

http://www.radionetherlands.nl/news/international/5643380/Suspect-in-Natalee-Holloway-case-fears-for-life

.... Referring to his client's statement that he made a local call for help on the night Ms Holloway went missing, the lawyer pointed out: "The public telephone he said he called from can only be used for international calls.”

_________

Thanks Nut.

Maybe something will not be forthcoming on FOX, CNN ...

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
imnoangel
Scared Monkey

« Reply #735 on: February 15, 2008, 01:35:29 PM »

well yesterday i was down because joran will not go to jail for now, but the investigations havent stopped, and de vries said hans moss is very dedicated to solve this case. i give him the benefit of the doubt.
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #736 on: February 15, 2008, 01:40:02 PM »

there is so much info, that sometimes it does not make things clear, but instead it confuses, IMO

mmmmm....sounds like papiamento???  ( or bullsh*t)   IMO
cant make heads or tails of it.
lots of loopholes.

We have done this like 20 times before and never before did anything bad happen....JORAN
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #737 on: February 15, 2008, 01:40:14 PM »

Is this for real...did she really post that?

It surely sounds like what we've seen brought over to SM from there.  Par for the course, imo.
littletxlady
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #738 on: February 15, 2008, 01:41:54 PM »

Good Morning Monkeys.....Klaas, do you ever get any sleep?

I found this earlier. It was made in Holland I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TXEh6ihYbA

Joran is truly EVIL

Casey's only truthful statement:  "Well...maybe I'm a spiteful bitch"

God Don't Like Ugly
imnoangel
Scared Monkey

« Reply #739 on: February 15, 2008, 01:42:15 PM »

from an article in de telegraaf (today):Een van de vragen is bijvoorbeeld of justitie zichzelf beperkingen moet opleggen om resultaten van dubieuze opsporing als bewijs te gebruiken. „De uitkomsten van dat onderzoek kunnen leiden tot nieuw OM-beleid”, aldus Brouwer.

one of the questions is f.i. wether justice dept. should restrain itself from using the results of dubious (not the right word i guess) investigation as evidence "the outcome of that investigation can lead to new police by OM" said Brouwer.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.