March 29, 2024, 02:24:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Massacre At A "Gun Free Zone" College Campus  (Read 2182 times)
robl27
Scared Monkey

« on: February 15, 2008, 05:03:03 PM »

Another Massacre At A "Gun Free Zone" College Campus
KX Net
Friday, February 15, 2008

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/february2008/150208_massacre.htm

One gun, one person trained how to use it and willing to do so could
have stopped most of this:

DEKALB, Ill. - Another person shot when a gunman opened fire at a
lecture hall at Northern Illinois University has died, bringing the toll
to seven, including the gunman, a coroner said Friday.

Investigators and school officials did not immediately know why the man
indiscriminately fired into the crowd with a shotgun and two handguns
Thursday, wounding 15 people and sending panicked students fleeing for
the exits before killing himself.

“We have no motive and I have no way of knowing what the motive was,”
University Police Chief Donald Grady said.

At one time I was very against arming teachers or allowing qualified
students to carry on campus. I’m not any more. These maniacs go to those
schools KNOWING that their’s will be the only gun there - until police
arrive. And that can take minutes.

If you know anything about guns, or ever fire on a range, take any
semi-automatic pistol with, say, two extra loaded magazines, and see how
long it will take you to fire every single round in those magazines. It
doesn’t take but a few seconds. Then imagine firing into a crowded room
filled with unarmed people.

Like shooting fish in a barrel.

This one, like some others before him, even stopped to reload. One gun.
That’s all it would have taken. But that campus, like all the others, is
a “gun free zone”.

To everyone except the killer.

I tweet and I tweet often: http://twitter.com/robl27
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 06:41:32 PM »

I do have a problem with those who can get guns without any background check.  I doubt the framers of our Constitution ever envisioned these types of problems occurring when they wrote the 2nd Amendment.

Some of the weaponry in this attack came from the same internet business in Green Bay as a gun used in the VA Tech shootings.  No background check is required for internet sales.

I do not believe the answer lies in arming more people.  We do need to restrict and monitor guns in this country. 

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 10:32:50 PM »

I do have a problem with those who can get guns without any background check.  I doubt the framers of our Constitution ever envisioned these types of problems occurring when they wrote the 2nd Amendment.

Some of the weaponry in this attack came from the same internet business in Green Bay as a gun used in the VA Tech shootings.  No background check is required for internet sales.

I do not believe the answer lies in arming more people.  We do need to restrict and monitor guns in this country. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GreatOwl ~ I did some research and interviewed my son, who has what's known as a Type 03 FFL and he stated the following:

"If you purchase a firearm on the internet, it must be sent to someone who has what's called an FFL or Federal Firearms License.  This is the same license that any firearms dealer has and that firearms dealer must complete an NICS Check on the customer, just as if the customer bought the gun right from the dealer's inventory.  The only way to have a firearm sent directly to your house is by having an FFL yourself.  This is not a simple process and is governed by the ATF who will not grant a license for the sole purpose of expanding a collection.  They will only grant such a license if you intend to become a firearms dealer. 

The idea that there is no background check for internet gun sales is false, and in fact if you go to www.topglock.com there is an entire section that explains the legal issues involved in buying on the internet.  Both Cho and the NIU shooter passed background checks and the NIU shooter passed  an even more restrictive background check because Illinois mandates a license called an FOID just to own any firearms, much less to purchase one.  So both shooters did pass background checks even thought they were purchased online.

What can be ordered  on the internet are non firearms, such as holsters, accessories, replacement parts, but not the gun.  There are controlled serial numbered parts called receivers that can only be purchased by an FFL.  You can't just buy all parts online to build a gun, the receiver is missing.  Ammunition can be bought online, but requires either a copy of your driver's license on file with the company or a twenty-one and up signature on receipt.  Also, if you have an FFL you waive your 4th Amendment Right among other things.

Websites:

www.topglock.com 

www.atf.gov  Look up FFL regulations. "

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.