April 25, 2024, 01:52:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #734 2/21 - 2/24/08  (Read 278469 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #720 on: February 23, 2008, 02:25:47 PM »

Maybe I missed this last night (I was distracted about the time they talked about this)........ was the trap they found suspected of being a "plant" or merell a just a lost one by fishermen? (I just asked this on the OE thread as well)

The trap they found looked way larger than I would expect.  It looks like something lost by a ship a long time ago, not a small fisherman boat as the trap was quite large.  Did not look like it was planted to me.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #721 on: February 23, 2008, 02:26:42 PM »

Maybe I missed this last night (I was distracted about the time they talked about this)........ was the trap they found suspected of being a "plant" or merell a just a lost one by fishermen? (I just asked this on the OE thread as well)
::MonkeyConfused::Man! I'm illiterate. Must proofread!

Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #722 on: February 23, 2008, 02:27:38 PM »

One lost by fisherman.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #723 on: February 23, 2008, 02:27:48 PM »

Also much too large to be tossed from a smaller boat

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #724 on: February 23, 2008, 02:29:52 PM »

What did everyone think about that guy from Nicaragua and his wanting to talk to Tim? Did anyone but me think he sounded somewhat credible?

Well, if he is then the Persistence is wasting a ton of money and why didn't those Colombians just drop her in the deep, deep ocean?  Why keep her stowed away to bury  in another country?  Then again, that would certainly make "no body,no crime" a certainty, wouldn't  it?  What I can't understand is knowing Tim Miller could easily identify you why even risk it?  More confusion.

Personally, I think it was just another 'diversion technique'. Did Tim say when this happened? I assumed fairly recently? Anyway...IMO it was a deliberate diversion.
And please don't flame me now for saying that I was dissappointed in the Dateline show. Just not what I expected. Joe T. had no place there at the end either...that pissed me off. Anyway, I wasn't impressed.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #725 on: February 23, 2008, 02:31:02 PM »

The trap they found looked way larger than I would expect.  It looks like something lost by a ship a long time ago, not a small fisherman boat as the trap was quite large.  Did not look like it was planted to me.

I agree. That was way bigger than the 'fisherman hut' trap.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #726 on: February 23, 2008, 02:33:08 PM »

What did everyone think about that guy from Nicaragua and his wanting to talk to Tim? Did anyone but me think he sounded somewhat credible?

Well, if he is then the Persistence is wasting a ton of money and why didn't those Colombians just drop her in the deep, deep ocean?  Why keep her stowed away to bury  in another country?  Then again, that would certainly make "no body,no crime" a certainty, wouldn't  it?  What I can't understand is knowing Tim Miller could easily identify you why even risk it?  More confusion.

Personally, I think it was just another 'diversion technique'. Did Tim say when this happened? I assumed fairly recently? Anyway...IMO it was a deliberate diversion.
And please don't flame me now for saying that I was dissappointed in the Dateline show. Just not what I expected. Joe T. had no place there at the end either...that pissed me off. Anyway, I wasn't impressed.

I could have done without that greaseball attorney.  I have to figure it was an equal time thing.  So what. 

I thought there was an inordinate number of commercials. 

Expect a miracle.
Destiny
Monkey Junky

unwatched kids will be given sugar + a free puppy

« Reply #727 on: February 23, 2008, 02:35:55 PM »

I agree. That was way bigger than the 'fisherman hut' trap.

But, I still have faith that the Persistence WILL find *something*...and, when they do, I surmize they will sit on it like a mama goose on a prize egg to guard it...lest the *powers that be* on Aruba confiscate it as evidence in the case...when whatever the Persistence does find, is safe in the hands of Beth and Dave...then we will know too.

I Stand With The Girl *NATALEE HOLLOWAY*

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #728 on: February 23, 2008, 02:36:55 PM »

I think two adults could do it.  One on each side.  Slide it over the side or over the stern.  You wouldn't have to "toss" it.  It's not like fly-casting.  Two people my size could do it.  It's all about leverage.  I watch the Discovery channel, I know these things.

Expect a miracle.
Destiny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #729 on: February 23, 2008, 02:40:11 PM »

I think two adults could do it.  One on each side.  Slide it over the side or over the stern.  You wouldn't have to "toss" it.  It's not like fly-casting.  Two people my size could do it.  It's all about leverage.  I watch the Discovery channel, I know these things.

Peaches Sweet Pea...You are a fountain of of strength and inspiration...in more ways than you can imagine Wink

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #730 on: February 23, 2008, 02:41:45 PM »

I respectfully disagree. I thought it was an excellent recap of the case thus far for the many people who have not been following the case as closely as we have been. It incorporated old events along with new. I think brought out some of the injustices Beth and Dave have endured ie Jacobs and the frostedflakes......and is sure to hit aruba where it counts for many who saw the show. MOO

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #731 on: February 23, 2008, 02:42:23 PM »

If it was Deepak and Satish they couldn't do it 
Boston Bob
Scared Monkey

« Reply #732 on: February 23, 2008, 02:42:46 PM »

It looked like one of those Crab Pots you see on the dangerous job shows.
I'm sure there are other items lost or discarded on the ocean bottom there as well as everywhere else.
Theres no way whoever threw her in wouldn't weigh her down.....oceans a big place though.
I think it was Steve Croes......Isn't he JVS's uncle?
Oh brother....its all in the family down there....everyone is related or they have the same last names and there not related!
Hoping the university in the Netherlands is going to give Urine the boot soon as well.
He might as well go live on leprosy island...nobody else wants him.
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #733 on: February 23, 2008, 02:42:55 PM »

I agree that trap looked like it was made from steel not from wire.

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
dennisintn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #734 on: February 23, 2008, 02:44:07 PM »

[/quote]

roflmfao, yeah, but some of these people watch the discovery channel while when they stay at the holiday inn express.  so they REALLY REALLy are smart and know these things.
dennisintn
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #735 on: February 23, 2008, 02:45:07 PM »

I'm sure there are other items lost or discarded on the ocean bottom there as well as everywhere else.
Theres no way whoever threw her in wouldn't weigh her down.....oceans a big place though.
Oh brother....its all in the family down there....everyone is related or they have the same last names and there not related!
Hoping the university in the Netherlands is going to give Urine the boot soon as well.

Welcome Boston Bob.  No Steve Croes is not related to the Sloots.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #736 on: February 23, 2008, 02:47:23 PM »

Welcome Boston Bob!

The trap did look very large.  I think Capslock mentioned it looked like something left behind by one of the Venzuelan trollers or something.  Way larger than what I would expect the fishermen at the huts would use.

Steve Croes/JVDS uncle?  Nope..never heard that one before and I don't believe it.
Destiny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #737 on: February 23, 2008, 02:48:27 PM »

Welcome to the Monkey Cage Boston Bob!

Nepotism is the name of the game in Aruba...the gene smear is very shallow Wink

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #738 on: February 23, 2008, 02:50:15 PM »

Janet
I didn't mean it in your direction at all.  It is very hard to figure it all out.  My main point was Bachus's lack of any additional help concerning this matter.  In political circles it is rare that you find any of our Senators or Representatives continuing the fight for any length of time. Seems if you act on it once that is enough as far as most politicians are concerned.  Take for example, Condi Rice' involvement.  She had the power to make a lot more happen in this case...but she didn't due to such things as the Embassy personnel involved such as Jean Akers and the connections to drug laundering and various other strategic matters that fall in the category of Top Secret.   Politicians are basically useless when you need them to actually stand up and be counted...it is a shame too.

.... and these underlying issues dictate that justice for an American citizen ... one of her own ... is no longer a consideration for Secretary Condoleezza Rice.

Lala'sMom ... my emotions ranged on a scale from despair to outrage.

Janet

++++++++++

SECRETARY OF STATE - CONDOLEEZZA RICE

Condoleezza Rice
CNN - Juan Carlos Lopez
June 6, 2005

http://www.state.gov/secretary/rm/2005/47289.htm

QUESTION: Have you received any update on the case of Natalee Holloway in Aruba ?

SECRETARY RICE: We are in constant contact. And I was able to thank the Aruban delegation here last night for the very good efforts that they are making. It's obviously a case about which we're very concerned and we're all watching and working and also praying that this will come out all right.

Ruben Trappenberg
'Scarborough Country'
July 1, 2005

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8485048/

RUBEN TRAPPENBERG, ARUBAN GOVERNMENT SPOKESPERSON:  ... Our prime minister, prime minister spoke with Secretary Condoleezza Rice when he was in Florida at the beginning of June.  He also spoke to Governor Riley.  So, he's been in communication with most of the leaders on and in Alabama to assure them that anything and everything that can be done will be done.

Ruben Trappenberg
Associated Press
July 5, 2005

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,161499,00.html

Seven FBI agents had an advisory role in the investigation when it began and several remain on the island. Last week, both Sen. Richard Shelby (search), an Alabama Republican, and Alabama Gov. Bob Riley (search) wrote letters to Aruba's prime minister urging him to do more. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice also has expressed concern, Trapenberg said.

Beth Twitty
'Rita Cosby Live & Direct'
October 24, 2005

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9813260/

COSBY:  You met with essentially the most powerful woman in the world yesterday, Condoleezza Rice.  How did that meeting go?  We have a picture, an exclusive picture of the two of you guys.  How was it?  And it‘s got to be uplifting for you. 

TWITTY:  Oh, I‘ll tell you, Rita.  It was just an absolute honor and a privilege for me to even get to speak with Condoleezza Rice.  And, you know, she had been involved early on. 

I had heard from Prime Minister Oduber during that first week on the island that she had made a phone call to him.  And, you know, I think that there were concerns expressed early on that this investigation was not going in the right direction.  And so I know her involvement was there early on.

Condoleezza Rice
FOX NEWS
June 15, 2005

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,159711,00.html

On June 6, during a trip to Florida, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice told reporters that the United States is in constant contact" with Aruba authorities.

"It's obviously a case about which we're very concerned and we're all watching and working and also praying that this will come out all right," she said.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #739 on: February 23, 2008, 02:56:59 PM »

Not sure what's going on here but there are alot of comments:

http://www.24ora.com/content/view/3890/5/

Tiro a wordo gelos dilanti Havana       
Saturday, 23 February 2008 

Diasabra marduga rond di 4'or personanan den vecindario di Havana Beach Club a tende tiro di arma di candela den e area. Despues di un rato a bin haja un persona herida serca di Surfside Marina. Aparentemente lo mester trata di un persona masculino cu a wordo tira. Ambulance a presenta rapidamente pa asina hiba e vicitima cu urgencia pa hospital. Actualmente nos ta ricibiendo otro informacionan cu e persona en cuestion no a wordo alcansa pa bala cayente pero a wordo malamente bati door di e persona/grupo cu a los tira dilanti Havana. Polis a cuminsa cu su investigacion den e area. Nos lo busca e banda di medaya exacto. Combersando cu un paramedico cu a atende e caso e ta confirma cu e persona a wordo alcansa pa un bala y e la wordo opera immediatamente. Click read more pa mas imagen.

Through Pap translator:

tiro owing to wordo gelos fast havana
saturday, 23 february 2008

saturday marduga rond of 4'or personanan in vecindario of havana beach club owing to hear tiro of arm of candela in the area. after of one rato owing to come haja one person injury serca of surfside navy. apparently will have to deal of one person masculino cu owing to wordo throw. ambulance owing to present rapidamente for so take away the vicitima cu urgencia for hospital. actualmente we is ricibiendo another informacionan cu the person provided that cuestion not owing to wordo alcansa for ball cayente but owing to wordo malamente beat door of the persona/grupo cu owing to los throw fast havana. police owing to cuminsa cu his investigacion in the area. we will busca the near of medaya exact. combersando cu one paramedico cu owing to atende the caso the is confirma cu the person owing to wordo alcansa for one ball y the la wordo opera immediatamente. click read more for more imagen. come across

Capslock - can you give us an idea what this is all about?  TIA
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.