March 28, 2024, 11:13:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #734 2/21 - 2/24/08  (Read 276888 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #180 on: February 22, 2008, 01:14:42 AM »

In case anyone missed this from last night.  From Heli at Ru:

Greta van Susteren
On The Record
February 20, 2008

Greta:

Beth is set to sue Joran van der Sloot in Holland. That's what Dutch newspapers are saying. Is it true?

And the Aruban Chief Prosecutor now wants to question Patrick van der Eem, the man who secretly taped Joran van der Sloot talking about Natalee's death. Van der Eem says he has nothing to hide and the prosecutor just has to call him.

Joining us livein New York is John Q. Kelly, the lawyer for Natalee's parents.

John, what's the story on this civil suit in Holland? We've gotten lots of calls on it.

John:

I've seen a couple of articles on it too Greta. The lawyer that's been quoted is not someone Beth ever contacted, it's not someone she's ever spoken to nor have I, but you know I guess it's someone who's willing to put forth some suggestions and we'll always listen to those

Greta:

If what I understand from the news articles to be correct, he intends to sue him in Holland, is that right?

John:

There's been no discussion of that Greta, this is not some lawyer that Beth

Greta:

So is he making it up?

John:

I think it's just someone who offered to come forward and make suggestions, offer some help if we wanted it you know, and that's fine Greta but yeah, it's not accurate.

Greta:

Does this come through Peter de Vries, the Dutch television guy at all?

John: Greta, it hasn't come from Beth and it hasn't come from myself, we'll just leave it at that

Greta:

That's a dodge if I ever heard one

John:

I spend my whole life dodging you Greta

Greta:

I'm not that stupid

John:

I spend my whole life dodging you, Greta since I got involved in this case, right from the start I've looked for civil remedies. Obviously, not that's any secret to me.

Beth and Dave are very comfortable with the lawyer they have, very confident in that, you know, we know the civil remedies available to Aruba. We were hoping the criminal case would result in a prosecution and that's what we're still looking for.

Greta:

Alright, let's talk about Aruba. What is going on there with Patrick, the guy who taped Joran? He's now in Aruba vacationing and talking to someone about a book?

John:

I think there've been a lot of discussions about books, you know after the show came out but you know, he's more than willing to talk to the prosecution. The prosecution should talk to him. I actually had a very long talk with Hans Mos today, probably a half hour or more, going over things.

I mean, it's no secret I'm not happy with what's going on down there, I'm not happy with what's going on right now down there and I'd like to see something done. I think they have a strong circumstantial case right now against Joran and I wish they'd pull the trigger on him (it?), I wish they'd act.

Greta:

This is what's kind of silly, you say Hans wants to talk to him, Patrick wants to talk to Hans, the prosecutor. Why don't they just do it? I mean, this has been going on for like, just do it. You tell me they both want to talk to each other, the taper wants to talk to the prosecutor and the prosecutor wants to talk to the taper but it hasn't happened.

John:

It hasn't happened yet, I assume it will happen

Greta:

Is Hans Mos back from his vacation in Holland?

John:

They're on their own watch down there Greta, they move at their own pace and as I said it gets me agitated just talking about it, but looking at what they have right now you've got a young man who walks into a bar, he pays for a drink, he handles it himself, he hands it to Natalee, she drinks it, she leaves with him, you know as soon as she gets in the car, she's incoherent, she's lapsing in and out of consciousness, he's the last one with her alive and he makes up at least 3 different stories in terms of what happened to her and he refuses to co-operate and she's never heard from again. I mean it's not really hard to figure out.

Greta:

And the thing that's got me is he must have told the police the first time he spoke to them, because why would they have asked Jug about she shaking and the epilepsy type seizure or something. I think to myself, what are the aruban police up to but that's for another day

John:

Let me throw one more thing in on that Greta: May 31, Joran was the first person interviewed by Jacobs when he's taking statements. Every police report subsequent to that, the statements made by Deepak, made by Satish, made by Beth that day, we have them all, there is no statement from Joran until June 9

Greta:

Something's funny, I wish, something's not quite right, I wish the State Department would get a little busy on this one. John I gotta go but we'll do a lot more on this, thank you.
private eye
Monkey Junky

« Reply #181 on: February 22, 2008, 01:15:00 AM »

I read here all the time but don't post.  I do have a question though - if I am incorrect please correct me.  Why is Patrick being forced to come in and give a statement to MOS or possibly be arrested if he doesn't?  If remember early on once the 3 suspects were released they had until January to "voluntarily come forward and make statements".  I thought I remembered Aruba saying this about kalpoes and Joran.  If I am wrong please correct me.  I thought I remembered Aruba couldn't force(arrest) them to make any additional statements - it had to be voluntarily.

Because he is a witness to the statements of Joran and he has documentary evidence significant to the case. There has never been a real issue of him not being available or willing, but his information is so signifcant that he would be brought in IF he refused, IMO, the opinion of the minority:)

I agree PI.  What Patrick Van der Eem and Peter Devries has to share with the Natalee Holloway investigation is very crucial but ... I contend a little late.

What I fail to comprehend is why Patrick Van der Eem and Peter Devries interrogated as witnesses by the Aruban Law Enforcement or the Prosecution IMMEDIATELY following the airing of the video recording?

Han Mos is waiting on Patrick Van der Eem to VOLUNTEER a declaration!!!  Why not just make a request and ... find out the response prior to threatening arrest?

Logic implies that Peter Devries and Patrick Van der Eem's primary role in the production of this video recording would dictate that their respective witness declaration should have been a crucial evidence to be considered by the three judge panel that ruled in Joran's favor.

It is something akin to Jug Twitty's impression when the "powers that be" in the investigation failed to take statements from his friends or the DEA who saw and witnessed all that took place on the morning of May 31, 2005.  Jugs impression ... "They did not want to know the truth."

Janet

++++++++++++

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Top_News/2008/02/19/holloway_figure_to_be_questioned_in_aruba/9269/

Holloway figure to be questioned in Aruba
Published: Feb. 19, 2008 at 11:20 AM

ORANJESTAD, Aruba, Feb. 19 (UPI) -- Aruba's justice department has summoned Patrick van der Eem for questioning as a potential witness in the Natalee Holloway investigation.

Van der Eem is the 34-year-old Dutchman who was able to befriend Joran van der Sloot and secretly record him giving alleged details of the U.S. student's mysterious disappearance in May 2005 in Aruba. Holloway, then 18, was on a high school graduation trip to the Caribbean island.

The Netherlands news agency ANP Tuesday said Van der Eem's appearance was mandatory and could land him in custody.

He told ANP he would cooperate while in Aruba where he is vacationing and meeting with the author of a book about the Holloway case.

"I have nothing to hide, but I also know how to keep my mouth shut," he said. "But I am on the prosecution's side, all they have to do is phone me and I'll be there."

+++++++++++++

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2008/02/aruba_to_question_van_der_sloo.php

Aruba to question Van der Sloot's 'friend'
Tuesday 19 February 2008

The Aruban public prosecutor wants to question Patrick van der Eem as a witness in the Natalee Holloway case, reports Tuesday's NRC.

Chief justice Hans Mos told the paper Van der Eem could be arrested if he does not come forward voluntarily.

Van der Eem befriended suspect Joran van der Sloot and secretly recorded him confessing to being with Natalee Holloway when she died. He is currently on Aruba working on a book about the disappearance of the US teenager.

According to Van der Eem he has nothing to hide and the public prosecutor only has to ring him.

The the rights to the book, which is being ghost written by the American novelist Elizabeth Byars, will be auctioned off. Publication of the book, titled Disposed, is set for September.

+++++++++

http://www.tiscali.nl/content/article/nbinn/om_aruba_wil_van_der_eem_verhoren/575685.htm

OM Aruba wants to hear Van der Eem

UTRECHT / ORANJESTAD - 19-02-2008 - Justice on Aruba intends to hear Patrick van der Eem (34) as a witness in the Natalee Holloway-case. That needs not be done on a voluntary basis, believes Chief Public Prosecutor Hans Mos.

Van der Eem, who managed to elicit statements from Joran van der Sloot in the disappearance-case, runs the risk to be temporarily incarcerated.  “He has already told his story to many media and must now explain it to us once,” says Mos Tuesday. The attitude of justice surprised Van der Eem, who is on Aruba now to tell about his experiences as a mole to the American writer E.E. Byars (pseud. Elizabeth Byars) for a book to be recorded.

“I have nothing to hide in this ..."

"I am on the side of the OM (Publ.Pros.Off.), they only have to call me, ask and I will be there."

++++++++

Hans should have already studied the material in depth and had conversations with both of them since he has already presented the argument to the court seeking authority to arrest Joran based upon the tape, conversations, and conclusions of Peter and Patrick. It is a day late to now want to speak to them in person, though if he did fail to assemble the material needed to diligent argue the point, I guess it is better late than never. They had the ability to question him via phone, video, and attorneys from Holland I would think. But, that island is historically pretty slow off of the line:)
private eye
Monkey Junky

« Reply #182 on: February 22, 2008, 01:18:25 AM »

I know I will probably add some fuel to a fire somewhere...
but I don't think Lorenzo is involved, Daury is PVDS and IMO the boat belonged to Koen's family (see Dave's book) and I don't believe from Beth's own mouth, that there was a phone call...
but what I DO believe is that K2 and jvds murdered Natalee and I stand with "the girl"

just some gasoline .... 

At this point one opinion is as valid as another, and with you having the credibility of being crowned Mother Monkey, Queen of our pack, your opinions carry a little extra weight:)
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #183 on: February 22, 2008, 02:28:54 AM »

Boycott Aruba until the Aruban Govt ends the 32 month Cover Up of Natalee Holloway's Drugging,Rape and Murder.The Aruban,Dutch and American citizens are all waiting for Justice for Natalee

32 Months later and the Aruban Govt has never looked back on the Cover Up of Natalee Holloway's Murder. They have spent Millions in a dis-information campaign to lie,slander and attack the victim and her family. Natalee Holloway deserves to be laid to rest back home and she deserves Justice.

June 10th and 11th 2005

Holloway's family rushed late Friday to an old stone lighthouse beside Arisha beach after Deputy Police Commissioner Gerold Dompig told The Associated Press that one of three young men in custody admitted that "something bad happened" to Holloway and was leading police to the scene of the alleged crime.

David Cruz, a spokesman for the Aruban Minister of Justice (search) told FOX News Natalee Holloway (search), who was on vacation with friends with a graduation trip when she disappeared, was confirmed dead and that authorities knew the location of her body. However, Cruz later retracted the statement, saying he was a victim of a "misinformation campaign."

One of three young suspects arrested Thursday in the investigation into the disappearance of an Alabama teenager has confessed to her murder, a senior police official said late Friday.

The suspect has agreed to lead police to the body of 18-year-old Natalee Holloway, the police official said.
Saturday afternoon Fox News quoted Aruban Minister of Justice Edward Croes confirming Holloway's death and saying authorities know the location of her body.

AP: ORANJESTAD, Aruba - One of three young men who took an Alabama high school student to the beach during her class trip to Aruba confessed he killed her, police say.]Deputy Police Commissioner Gerold Dompig told The Associated Press that the man was leading police late Friday to the scene of the crime.

ABC News:
BLOOD WAS FOUND IN THE TRUNK OF THE CAR.

Diario Newspaper
human blood sample found in a car at the residence of one of the teens in custody

Prime Minster Oduber
BETH HOLLOWAY TWITTY: Absolutely. That`s what I would love to know. On June 11, he states on international media in front of me -- I had no idea what he was about to disclose -- that there was blood in the Kalpoes` vehicle, there was DNA, there was blood. Where is that? Even (INAUDIBLE) went so far to cut interior portions from the car -- the back seat, the ceiling. You know, what happened with that?

FBI and Several Aruban Police officers

Blood was all over the Kalpoe car.
Art Wood, a retired Secret Service agent helping the Holloway family investigate the case, said: "That blood was sent to Holland and it came back as being cleaning fluid and chocolate. That's what the test results show. But an Aruban police officer who worked on the investigation told me there was definitely blood in that car. I think the wrong sample was deliberately sent to Holland.

Natalee Holloway - Have You Seen Her
http://youtube.com/watch?v=z5T9oUoQBbk
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 04:02:46 AM by Observer » Logged

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #184 on: February 22, 2008, 04:01:26 AM »

Sarah understands Aruba’s
position on Justice matters

PHILIPSBURG--Constitutional Affairs Commissioner Sarah Wescot-Williams understands Aruba’s not wanting to let go of acquired constitutional rights such as having its own Attorney General.

While the Dutch Government has negotiated one Attorney General for Curaçao, St. Maarten and the BES islands Bonaire, St. Eustatius and Saba in the constitutional change process, Dutch Justice Minister Ernst Hirsch Ballin announced on Monday that Aruba would have its own Attorney General and that the Dutch Justice Minister’s authority to give instructions to the Attorney General would not apply to that island.

“Aruba in its discussions with the Minister always stated that the process of the Netherlands Antilles should not change what it has today; that is, its own Attorney General. While Aruba is a necessary partner in the process, it is going to make sure that changes it does not want will not happen,” Wescot-Williams stated during Wednesday’s Executive Council press briefing.

Regarding the position of St. Maarten towards Aruba not having its own Attorney General, the Commissioner said St Maarten was party to several agreements in the context of November 2, 2006.

“In there it’s clear how we think and look at the Attorney General and how we look at the authority of instruction by the Dutch Minister. Let’s realise these particular issues have been issues of much discussion ever since the signing of the November 2006 accord.”

She said everyone was looking at the advice of the Council of State on the matter of instruction by the Dutch Justice Minister in his capacity as member of the Kingdom Council of Ministers.

“The crucial part is article 43 of the Charter of the Kingdom. That is a guarantee function of the Kingdom. Only when there is a total breakdown in the areas of Justice, good governance or financial government can a member of the Kingdom Council of Ministers intervene.”

Copyright ©2006 The Daily Herald St. Maarten
E-mail Webmaster 127
http://www.thedailyherald.com/news/daily/k235/justice235.html

that last bit is important.

that's how the dutch can pressure the arubans next to cutting financial aid.

but only if the kingdom cabinet is in agreement on this.
the kingdom cabinet is the dutch cabinet together with the ministers representing aruba and the antilles.

the AG of aruba can however appeal this.

the dutch justice minister can directly interfere with the antilles. in the case of aruba it has to be in agreement with the kingdom cabinet.

end of the year the antilles get split up in curaçao/st. maarten en bonaire/st. eustatius/saba.

Silverfox
Scared Monkey

Truth is a "Social Invention", Right Paulus?

« Reply #185 on: February 22, 2008, 04:25:54 AM »

Dirty hands = dirty cop...

corruption = higher levels of government unable to function due to being compromised (financially or by blackmail, threats or intimidation)

Disinformation spread by those with compromised economic positions

Murder -- call a spade a spade.

If Natalee died from an overdose there is no way it was an "accident"....

Someone slipped her something and knew she would be incapacitated and that equates in any book as murder -- in my book premeditated murder because "perps" in these kind of cases know there is the possiblity something can go wrong when those drugs are used -- too much history and they are not that stupid.

To them the risk is worth the perceived reward -- so they intentionally slip these date rape drugs into unsuspecting tourists drinks...they take a risk when they do it knowing full well there could be a reward if successful...

In this case the victim had a reacation, but because the perps knew the risks and chose (yes it was a choice and they did it away) it is premeditated murder....

Too many people will get hurt if the truth comes out because too many peole have been, themselves, personally involved in this game of chance, on an island where chance is King.  That is why they know they must cover this up cuz the real truth will totally destroy many prominent people...everyone is held hostage by corruption, blackmail, intimidation, fear and terror...which explains why there isn't a waiting list for claiming the reward...

jmo

-----

The perfect and easy way to listen to PODCASTS for "non-technicals" -- Hear all of ScaredMonkeysRadio Now:
http://tinyurl.com/2sjlw5

If you tell a lie to enough people it becomes the truth - No way Glenda
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #186 on: February 22, 2008, 05:08:55 AM »

I read here all the time but don't post.  I do have a question though - if I am incorrect please correct me.  Why is Patrick being forced to come in and give a statement to MOS or possibly be arrested if he doesn't?  If remember early on once the 3 suspects were released they had until January to "voluntarily come forward and make statements".  I thought I remembered Aruba saying this about kalpoes and Joran.  If I am wrong please correct me.  I thought I remembered Aruba couldn't force(arrest) them to make any additional statements - it had to be voluntarily.

Because he is a witness to the statements of Joran and he has documentary evidence significant to the case. There has never been a real issue of him not being available or willing, but his information is so signifcant that he would be brought in IF he refused, IMO, the opinion of the minority:)

I agree PI.  What Patrick Van der Eem and Peter Devries has to share with the Natalee Holloway investigation is very crucial but ... I contend a little late.

What I fail to comprehend is why Patrick Van der Eem and Peter Devries interrogated as witnesses by the Aruban Law Enforcement or the Prosecution IMMEDIATELY following the airing of the video recording?

Han Mos is waiting on Patrick Van der Eem to VOLUNTEER a declaration!!!  Why not just make a request and ... find out the response prior to threatening arrest?

Logic implies that Peter Devries and Patrick Van der Eem's primary role in the production of this video recording would dictate that their respective witness declaration should have been a crucial evidence to be considered by the three judge panel that ruled in Joran's favor.

It is something akin to Jug Twitty's impression when the "powers that be" in the investigation failed to take statements from his friends or the DEA who saw and witnessed all that took place on the morning of May 31, 2005.  Jugs impression ... "They did not want to know the truth."

Janet

++++++++++++

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Top_News/2008/02/19/holloway_figure_to_be_questioned_in_aruba/9269/

ORANJESTAD, Aruba, Feb. 19 (UPI) -- Aruba's justice department has summoned Patrick van der Eem for questioning as a potential witness in the Natalee Holloway investigation.

Van der Eem is the 34-year-old Dutchman who was able to befriend Joran van der Sloot and secretly record him giving alleged details of the U.S. student's mysterious disappearance in May 2005 in Aruba. Holloway, then 18, was on a high school graduation trip to the Caribbean island.

The Netherlands news agency ANP Tuesday said Van der Eem's appearance was mandatory and could land him in custody.

He told ANP he would cooperate while in Aruba where he is vacationing and meeting with the author of a book about the Holloway case.

"I have nothing to hide, but I also know how to keep my mouth shut," he said. "But I am on the prosecution's side, all they have to do is phone me and I'll be there."

+++++++++++++

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2008/02/aruba_to_question_van_der_sloo.php

Tuesday 19 February 2008

The Aruban public prosecutor wants to question Patrick van der Eem as a witness in the Natalee Holloway case, reports Tuesday's NRC.

Chief justice Hans Mos told the paper Van der Eem could be arrested if he does not come forward voluntarily.

Van der Eem befriended suspect Joran van der Sloot and secretly recorded him confessing to being with Natalee Holloway when she died. He is currently on Aruba working on a book about the disappearance of the US teenager.

According to Van der Eem he has nothing to hide and the public prosecutor only has to ring him.

The the rights to the book, which is being ghost written by the American novelist Elizabeth Byars, will be auctioned off. Publication of the book, titled Disposed, is set for September.

+++++++++

http://www.tiscali.nl/content/article/nbinn/om_aruba_wil_van_der_eem_verhoren/575685.htm

UTRECHT / ORANJESTAD - 19-02-2008 - Justice on Aruba intends to hear Patrick van der Eem (34) as a witness in the Natalee Holloway-case. That needs not be done on a voluntary basis, believes Chief Public Prosecutor Hans Mos.

Van der Eem, who managed to elicit statements from Joran van der Sloot in the disappearance-case, runs the risk to be temporarily incarcerated.  “He has already told his story to many media and must now explain it to us once,” says Mos Tuesday. The attitude of justice surprised Van der Eem, who is on Aruba now to tell about his experiences as a mole to the American writer E.E. Byars (pseud. Elizabeth Byars) for a book to be recorded.

"I am on the side of the OM (Publ.Pros.Off.), they only have to call me, ask and I will be there."

++++++++

Hans should have already studied the material in depth and had conversations with both of them since he has already presented the argument to the court seeking authority to arrest Joran based upon the tape, conversations, and conclusions of Peter and Patrick. It is a day late to now want to speak to them in person, though if he did fail to assemble the material needed to diligent argue the point, I guess it is better late than never. They had the ability to question him via phone, video, and attorneys from Holland I would think. But, that island is historically pretty slow off of the line:)
But weren't we told that Mos is only the public prosecutor(whatever that is) and that Dop(whatever her name is)is the REAL prosecutor?Couldn't SHE have talked to Patrick while Mos was vacating?This is so confusing.

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #187 on: February 22, 2008, 05:22:05 AM »

corruption = higher levels of government unable to function due to being compromised (financially or by blackmail, threats or intimidation)

Someone slipped her something and knew she would be incapacitated and that equates in any book as murder -- in my book premeditated murder because "perps" in these kind of cases know there is the possiblity something can go wrong when those drugs are used -- too much history and they are not that stupid.

To them the risk is worth the perceived reward -- so they intentionally slip these date rape drugs into unsuspecting tourists drinks...they take a risk when they do it knowing full well there could be a reward if successful...

In this case the victim had a reacation, but because the perps knew the risks and chose (yes it was a choice and they did it away) it is premeditated murder....

Too many people will get hurt if the truth comes out because too many peole have been, themselves, personally involved in this game of chance, on an island where chance is King.  That is why they know they must cover this up cuz the real truth will totally destroy many prominent people...everyone is held hostage by corruption, blackmail, intimidation, fear and terror...which explains why there isn't a waiting list for claiming the reward...

jmo
Good point but makes me think that maybe the pimp games were controlled also.They say they control the drug houses and the drug sellers on aruba,and if the pimp game is played out all the time on aruba,then they MUST control that too.IF Aruba's livelyhood is directly based on tourism monies(like they claim)and aruba controls the drug houses/sellers(like they claim)then aruba must also control the pimps and their nasty game.

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #188 on: February 22, 2008, 05:29:02 AM »

Plane carrying 46 people missing in Venezuela
Last Updated: Thursday, February 21, 2008 | 11:34 PM ET
CBC News

A commercial airliner carrying 46 people went missing in a mountainous region of Venezuela on Thursday, and local media were reporting the plane had crashed.

Officials confirmed that the plane was unaccounted for in the western Merida state, in the Andes.

The twin-engine plane vanished at about 5:30 p.m. as it flew from Merida city to the airport in Caracas, the Venezuelan capital, said Noel Marquez, director of the state's emergency management agency.

"It did not make contact with the control towers," Marquez said.

He said rescue teams were beginning the search for the plane in the mountains, some 5,000 metres above sea level.

"We are going to wait for the teams to reach the area to confirm if the plane is effectively in the zone and in what conditions it was found," Marquez said.
Reports emerged that the wreckage of the plane had already been spotted, but Gen. Antonio Rivero, Venezuela's emergency management director, would only say authorities are looking into the information.

The plane, a French-made ATR 42-300, belongs to Santa Barbara Airlines, a small Venezuelan company that flies throughout Venezuela and to places like Miami, Aruba and Ecuador. Forty-three passengers and three crew members were on board when the plane went missing.

With files from the Associated Press

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2008/02/21/venezuela-plane.html

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #189 on: February 22, 2008, 05:35:13 AM »

I thought this was an interesting article.

February 22, 2008

Plane parked in Daytona shows up in DEA forfeiture notice

By BARRY FLYNN
Business Writer

DAYTONA BEACH -- Abandoned at the airport here, a Boeing 727 jetliner was quietly seized last summer in a federal drug case that may reach as far as Aruba and the mountains of Mexico.

The aircraft still sits parked at Willman Aviation Inc., a fixed-base operator at Daytona Beach International Airport, and is under seal by the U.S. Marshals Service.

The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, which ordered the seizure, has been tight-lipped about the matter. It came to light when the DEA listed the plane in a legal notice in The Wall Street Journal as part of the process of the government gaining forfeiture of property in more than 500 drug-related cases around the country.

Everything listed was "seized for forfeiture . . . because the property was used or acquired as a result of a violation of the controlled substances act . . . ," the ad said.

"It is a narcotics violation that it was seized under," said Michael Sanders, a DEA spokesman in Washington. "The seizure warrant came out of the Southern District" of Florida.

"I can't tell you why the plane was seized," he said. "There's been no arrest associated with the seizure."

All records of the case in U.S. District Court in Fort Lauderdale are under seal and unavailable to the public.

The seized jet has been parked at the airport for more than four years. Its only flight during that time was a brief, aborted sortie scheduled to end at a small airport in Queretaro, northeast of Mexico City, according to flightaware.com, a Web site that compiles FAA data.

Instead of going to Queretaro, the plane returned to DBIA less than an hour after takeoff with the crew reporting equipment problems.

Nobody here has heard from the owner since.

An obscure company called Rapid Air & Sea Services N.V. and based in Aruba -- an island country about 15 miles off the coast of Venezuela -- bought the plane only four days before that abbreviated flight in April 2006.

"I never saw the buyers," said the seller, Jack R. Staples, a St. Petersburg businessman who got $583,000, after commissions, for sale of the plane through an aircraft broker. "I was told these guys were Mexican, and they had a cargo operation out of Mexico City."

Negotiations were unusually long, punctuated by delays in payment and repeated requests for minor repairs, he said.

"They put a deposit down, and it dragged on for six months. It may have been longer than that. I want to say we got two or three wire transfers (of money) in over a week, and still they were $100,000 short," Staples said.

Staples bought the plane as an investment in 2001. He moved it to DBIA in December 2003.

Staples' New Smyrna Beach broker, Les Brent, said, "This airplane was not a drug plane."

Brent said he never met the ultimate buyer, either, and dealt only by telephone with a California broker whose name and home city he did not recall. Brent said he had thought the buyer was American, but near the end of the sales process the other broker told him the Aruba company was buying the plane for resale to someone in Mexico.

Brent said his records of the transaction have been subpoenaed by the DEA.

From here, the plane's future is uncertain. It usually takes eight to 18 months after seizure for the government to win forfeiture of an aircraft, said Jack Bagwell, whose Midland, Texas, company, Aero-Mod Services, sells planes for the Marshals Service.

Bagwell said he would then move quickly to provide for a two-day viewing period, accept sealed bids and sell the plane to the highest bidder.

barry.flynn@news-jrnl.com
http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJournalOnline/News/Headlines/frtHEAD03022208.htm

Karma Is Coming

Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #190 on: February 22, 2008, 05:38:59 AM »

Hi everyone and thanks Klaasend! 

Something is extremely wrong with the people in charge in the Netherlands.

http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1974167/posts

She should have shot him!
I am especially horrified this part "The woman has stated that the collision was an accident. The Public Prosecutor's Office (OM) initially concluded this as well, but later decided to prosecute her after all."

Sounds very familiar. They have a hard time discerning between victim and criminal and rarely get it right.

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE? 

This woman deserves a medal for public service.  Did you read where the dead criminal had been in court that very day for the same offense?  Didn't learn his lesson in court apparently because he ran right out and repeated his crime.  She was defending her personal life and liberty and she's the one they want to prosecute? 

FN Idiots. 

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #191 on: February 22, 2008, 05:51:26 AM »

btw, what do you think of my dove? it's waving friendly at all of you

Lovely!

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #192 on: February 22, 2008, 05:51:29 AM »

Janet

++++++++++++

+++++++++++++

Tuesday 19 February 2008

+++++++++

++++++++

But weren't we told that Mos is only the public prosecutor(whatever that is) and that Dop(whatever her name is)is the REAL prosecutor?Couldn't SHE have talked to Patrick while Mos was vacating?This is so confusing.

hans mos is 'officier van justitie'
dop kruimel is 'persofficier van justitie'

dop kruimel primarily handles questions from the press.
but mos often takes over kruimels work.
in the netherlands this would be unusual.
but in the netherlands there are often more 'officieren van justitie' and one 'persofficier van justitie'.
on aruba there are just two altogether.

there also should be a 'parketvoorlichter'.
this is kind of the secretary for dop kruimel.

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #193 on: February 22, 2008, 06:56:04 AM »

Are Mos and Domp just media mouthpieces??  Is that part of their title?

Does anyone know if it is really Elivia Lugo, as chief prosecutor??

From the last search of the VDS house:

Justice-minister Rudy Croes (MEP) asked the KLPD for assistance in the case last year.  A team of Dutch detectives investigated the file and came out with a report and recommendations.  The KLPD gave the report to the Attorney General at the end of last month and the investigation is being continued based on this.  This one is being led by the Aruban public prosecutor Elivia Lugo.

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2007/04/29/amigoe-highly-placed-government-official-said-the-team-expects-to-find-holloway%E2%80%99s-remains-soon-in-aruba/

Is Nico Jorg still "the real" Attorney General??  Is there an Aruban Attorney General?/

TIA
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #194 on: February 22, 2008, 07:17:04 AM »

Company comes with test on ' rapedrugs '   22 feb 2008, 09:32
The medical company Biosource Diagnostics brings soon a test on the
market with which visitors of cafés and discotheques can test their
drink on GHB and ketamine. That let know a spokesman of the company
Friday as a result of reporting in the eindhovens daily.

Recently the test on test is available in a number of cafés in end
courts. Previous year warned the police force there the
uitgaanspubliek for GHB, because talk seemed of a strong increase of
the number of cases in which people with the spul products doped.

GHB and ketamine stand, however, confessed as ' rapedrugs '. Cases
have been confessed of women which violate or is assaulted after the
someone had thrown bedwelmende resources in their drink.

With the test a drink can be checked rapidly on the drugs by a couple
drops fought on stripje to drip. At a positive result the stripje
colour dark blue. The test works according to the spokesman at beer,
frisdrank and breezers, but not at wine, milk and olieachtige spirits
such as some liquors.

Translated from
http://www.crimesite.nl/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6444
and
http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/3363082/_Test_op__rapedrugs___.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #195 on: February 22, 2008, 07:35:10 AM »

Are Mos and Domp just media mouthpieces??  Is that part of their title?

Does anyone know if it is really Elivia Lugo, as chief prosecutor??

From the last search of the VDS house:

Justice-minister Rudy Croes (MEP) asked the KLPD for assistance in the case last year.  A team of Dutch detectives investigated the file and came out with a report and recommendations.  The KLPD gave the report to the Attorney General at the end of last month and the investigation is being continued based on this.  This one is being led by the Aruban public prosecutor Elivia Lugo.

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2007/04/29/amigoe-highly-placed-government-official-said-the-team-expects-to-find-holloway%E2%80%99s-remains-soon-in-aruba/

Is Nico Jorg still "the real" Attorney General??  Is there an Aruban Attorney General?/

TIA

officially dop kruimel is the media mouth piece.
but hans mos himself does that job very often.
but the both have the same job title - only dop kruimel had 'pers / press' in front of it.
like i said above - in an OM there is at least one officier van justitie and one persofficier van justitie but most of the time more than one officier van justitie.

about the procureur generaal, there is one and that is Nico Jörg.
he is the acting PG. acting as in not permanent.

http://antilliaans.caribiana.nl/aruba/Car20080124_Jorg-Aruba

attorney general is not the right job description.
minister of justice comes closer to attorney general.

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #196 on: February 22, 2008, 07:40:16 AM »

Company comes with test on ' rapedrugs '   22 feb 2008, 09:32
The medical company Biosource Diagnostics brings soon a test on the
market with which visitors of cafés and discotheques can test their
drink on GHB and ketamine. That let know a spokesman of the company
Friday as a result of reporting in the eindhovens daily.

Recently the test on test is available in a number of cafés in end
courts. Previous year warned the police force there the
uitgaanspubliek for GHB, because talk seemed of a strong increase of
the number of cases in which people with the spul products doped.

GHB and ketamine stand, however, confessed as ' rapedrugs '. Cases
have been confessed of women which violate or is assaulted after the
someone had thrown bedwelmende resources in their drink.

With the test a drink can be checked rapidly on the drugs by a couple
drops fought on stripje to drip. At a positive result the stripje
colour dark blue. The test works according to the spokesman at beer,
frisdrank and breezers, but not at wine, milk and olieachtige spirits
such as some liquors.

Translated from
http://www.crimesite.nl/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6444
and
http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/3363082/_Test_op__rapedrugs___.html

and this is already used in the usa, millions of these indicator cards have been sold there in the party / club scene.
http://www.ed.nl/eindhovenstad/2689712/Cafes-testen-drank-op-verkrachtingsdrug.ece

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #197 on: February 22, 2008, 07:42:01 AM »

caesu

Thanks.  Is it Jorg's (can't find those two dots) job to assign the prosecutor to the case? 
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #198 on: February 22, 2008, 07:47:20 AM »

caesu

Is there an Attorney General position and is that different than how you describe Jorg's position??

Principal Government Officials
Governor General--Fredis J. Refunjol
Prime Minister--Nelson O. Oduber
Deputy Prime Minister--Marisol J. Tromp
Minister of Labor, Culture, Integration, Community Development & Sports--T.F. Ramon Lee
Minister of Finance & Economic Affairs--Nilo J.J. Swaen
Minister of General Affairs and Foreign Relations--Nelson O. Oduber
Minister of Social Affairs and Public Works--Marisol J. Tromp
Minister of Public Health and Environment--Candelario A.S.D. Wever
Minister of Justice--Hyacintho R. Croes
Minister of Tourism & Transportation--Edison Briesen
Minister Plenipotentiary to The Hague--F. Walfrido Croes
Minister Plenipotentiary to Washington, DC--vacant
President, Bank of Aruba--Rob Henriquez
Attorney General--Theresa Croes-Fernandes Pedra

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/22491.htm
Silverfox
Scared Monkey

Truth is a "Social Invention", Right Paulus?

« Reply #199 on: February 22, 2008, 07:50:55 AM »

jmo
Good point but makes me think that maybe the pimp games were controlled also.They say they control the drug houses and the drug sellers on aruba,and if the pimp game is played out all the time on aruba,then they MUST control that too.IF Aruba's livelyhood is directly based on tourism monies(like they claim)and aruba controls the drug houses/sellers(like they claim)then aruba must also control the pimps and their nasty game.

Exactly!

-----

The perfect and easy way to listen to PODCASTS for "non-technicals" -- Hear all of ScaredMonkeysRadio Now:
http://tinyurl.com/2sjlw5

If you tell a lie to enough people it becomes the truth - No way Glenda
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.