April 18, 2024, 10:28:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kathleen Savio’s death a homicide  (Read 14024 times)
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: February 21, 2008, 07:59:13 PM »

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Contacts:
Charles B. Pelkie                                           Sgt. Thomas J. Burek

Feb. 21, 2008

Pathologist declares Kathleen Savio’s death a homicide

JOLIET – Will County State’s Attorney James Glasgow announced today that his office has received the final report on the autopsy performed on the remains of Kathleen S. Savio on Nov. 13, 2007.

Dr. Larry W. Blum, the forensic pathologist who performed the autopsy, concludes in his report that the actual cause of Kathleen Savio’s death was drowning and that the legal manner of death was homicide. Dr. Blum’s report was delivered to the Will County Coroner’s Office on Thursday, Feb. 21, 2008 and immediately forwarded to the Will County State’s Attorney’s Office and the Illinois State Police.

“Dr. Blum’s forensic report renders his expert opinion that this is a homicide,” State’s Attorney Glasgow said. “We have been investigating this as a murder since reopening the case in November of last year. We now have a scientific basis to formally and publicly classify it as such.”

The complete autopsy report is a component of the investigation into the March 1, 2004 death of Kathleen Savio and will not be released. However, the Will County State’s Attorney’s Office and the Illinois State Police are releasing the following quote from the conclusion in Dr. Blum’s report:

“It is my opinion based on my education, training, experience and personal observations, and to a reasonable degree of medical and scientific certainty, compelling evidence exists to support the conclusions that the cause of death of Kathleen S. Savio was drowning and further, that the manner of death was homicide.”

This was the second autopsy performed on Kathleen Savio’s remains. The first was performed shortly after her death in March 2004. Her body was exhumed on the morning of Nov. 13, 2007, and Dr. Blum performed the second autopsy that afternoon.

In his report, Dr. Blum notes that he reviewed photos taken from the scene at the time of Kathleen Savio’s death as well as reports of the initial scene investigation. He also carefully examined the physical location of Kathleen Savio’s death on Nov. 20, 2007 as part of his investigation.

His report includes the results of microscopic examinations and toxicological tests conducted on postmortem tissue specimens. The specimens examined by Dr. Blum were collected during the first autopsy on March 2, 2004, the second autopsy performed by Dr. Blum on Nov. 13, 2007, and a third autopsy performed by Dr. Michael Baden on behalf of Kathleen Savio’s family on Nov. 16, 2007.

The results of those examinations and tests are part of the investigation and are not being disclosed at this time.

The Illinois State Police are investigating the murder of Kathleen Savio as well as the disappearance of Stacy Peterson. Kathleen Savio’s murder and Stacy Peterson’s disappearance are simultaneously being investigated by a Special Grand Jury that was convened in November 2007.

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 11:02:58 PM »

thanks Blonde... I sure hope this guy gets what he deserves!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Levi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 11:06:56 PM »

I also heard former FBI agent Mike Brooks report on the Nancy Grace show that the investigator that investigated this, didn't go to the death scene. And had not been at the autopsy.

And with all these purple bruises and contusions on her body, which means they are recent. I don't see how this could have been ruled an accident. How do you get bruises and contusions on your left scalp, (which is in the back of the head,) left buttocks, lower left abdomen, left anterior thigh, mid shin, outer right wrist (red abrasions that are consistent with taking a blow and holding wrist in defensive mode.) and the 1st finger and left elbow.

Seems like the "brother-hood" was taking up for him. I am a big supporter of law enforcement and I just hate how these cases give them a black eye.
katiekatie2u
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 02:25:43 PM »

DREW PETERSON :
Is a self centered arrogant jerk.. dispised by his own fellow officers.. with good reason I am sure.
Kathleen Savio murdered.. no doubt by him.. how sad is that the mother of two..
divorce would have been easier... how sad is that... we all know drew did it.. now it's getting him arrested.. so he can finaly pay for his crime. hope kathleen's family sues him for all he has..

than theres Stacy .she became. the other wife..she was having an affair while he was married to kathleen..she thought she was getting the grand prize.. little did she know she too would be a statistic of drew petersons.. was it worth stealing him from kathleen.. well she probably realize... not  after seeing what the ashole was realy like....
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 01:13:40 PM »

Chicago Tribune

August 18, 2008 Monday

New questions target Savio case
Investigators, experts ask why cops in 2004 were quick to dismiss idea that Drew Peterson's 3rd wife, Kathleen Savio (right), was slain

When Kathleen Savio's lifeless body was discovered in the empty bathtub of her Bolingbrook home in 2004, state police immediately decided her death was not suspicious, a Will County deputy coroner's report obtained by the Tribune shows.

The investigators and experts re-examining her death as a possible murder are now asking how police could have been so quick to overlook signs that something sinister may have happened to the third wife of Drew Peterson, then a sergeant for the Bolingbrook Police Department.

They are suspicious about the absence of blood residue or a sediment ring on the walls of the tub where she was found, sources said. If she had bled from a head wound while drowning in slowly draining water -- as the theory went -- why was the tub not stained?

No towels or clothes were in the bathroom where she was discovered, a paramedic noted. Shampoo bottles were in upright positions along the small tub, unlikely if she had suffered a fall, according to a source. Books and papers were spread across her unmade bed and a picture was facedown on the floor near the nightstand, according to Illinois State Police reports also obtained by the Tribune.

Although a state police crime-scene technician had covered Savio's hands with bags to preserve evidence -- a procedure that typically precedes a homicide investigation -- the statements of police that night indicated no evidence of trauma or foul play, according to the deputy coroner's report.

An autopsy would show a 40-year-old woman in good health had drowned. A coroner's jury ruled her death an accident after a state police special agent testified Savio had probably fallen, hit her head and drowned in the water before it leaked out the drain.

But the case was reopened in November after Peterson's fourth wife, Stacy, then 23, disappeared Oct. 28. Authorities named Peterson the prime suspect in her disappearance, and in February, State's Atty. James Glasgow called the Savio inquiry a murder investigation after a second autopsy indicated her death was a homicide. Glasgow said it appeared the scene was staged to look like an accidental drowning.

Peterson, 54, has not been named a suspect in Savio's case. He has denied any wrongdoing.

The police reports confirm speculation that Stacy Peterson gave him his principal alibi for his whereabouts in the days before Savio was discovered. The reports also show he was walking around the scene before state police arrived. At one point, he was alone in the bathroom with Savio's body and told emergency responders, "This is my ex-wife. Treat the scene with respect."

According to a report from that night, Deputy Coroner Mike VanOver asked Robert Deel, a crime scene technician for the state police, and "detectives if there was any reason to believe that this was a traumatic death and they stated NO, therefore the homicide/suspicious death protocol was not followed."

VanOver wrote in his report that he had notified his superiors that "the protocol was not being followed ... because it was felt at that time by all parties that there were not signs of foul play or trauma for this death investigation."

Only a streak of blood was found in the tub, according to VanOver's report, police documents and testimony by the state police special agent at the coroner's inquest.

State police Lt. Scott Compton declined to comment on why his agency's technicians and investigators concluded the death was not suspicious, noting that crime-scene technicians "make observations and document those observations as part of their investigation and processing of a crime scene." He declined to comment further.

In an interview with the Tribune, VanOver said he was following the direction of state police. The coroner's office has been under fire for its role in Savio's investigation. On Monday, the Republican-controlled Will County Board will consider putting a referendum measure on the November ballot asking voters whether the elected coroner, now Democrat Patrick O'Neil, should be replaced by an appointed medical examiner.

"When they bagged the hands, that was when I asked the question, you know, 'Do you think anything is out of whack here?'" VanOver said. "Bob Deel was asked by me if he thought there was anything hinky here, and stuff like that, and if we should be doing something different, and I was told no."

Deel could not be reached for comment.

Savio's body was found March 1, 2004, in a semifetal position on her left side, according to the reports. Neighbors discovered the body after Peterson contacted them because he couldn't get ahold of her to drop off their two children from a weekend visit. About 10:40 p.m., a locksmith let them into Savio's home, and Peterson waited outside while neighbors went into the house. He rushed inside after one of them screamed.

Illinois State Police arrived about midnight, after Bolingbrook police called them.

Police interviewed Stacy Peterson for one hour March 3. She said she and her husband had spent the weekend with the children, backing up Peterson's statements made to police a day earlier. She said they had spent Saturday hanging around the house and had gone to the Shedd Aquarium Sunday. The only time Peterson left was Sunday morning to get doughnuts. Savio was found the next day, a Monday.

Peterson told police during his 65-minute interview that his divorce from Savio was "difficult at times," but that their "relationship had gotten a lot better" after he married Stacy.

Savio's relatives, who were never convinced she died in an accidental drowning, said police ignored their suspicions. For one thing, said Savio's older sister, Anna Doman, her body was found with short fingernails.

"It looked like somebody had cut her nails. She always let her nails grow; she was into that natural, long nail," Doman said.

Doman said no one in her family was interviewed by state police. She said authorities ignored her request to look through a suitcase full of documents Savio had saved regarding her ongoing fight with Peterson.

Savio's body was found weeks before their divorce's financial settlement was to be finalized.

"We tried to get somebody to at least look, investigate," Doman said. "Nothing, nothing, nothing."
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:838357533&start=4

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.