April 19, 2024, 04:51:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GVC and dad interview 5-08-06  (Read 2965 times)
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: February 24, 2008, 12:23:09 PM »

Posted by HannieC at RU May 10, 2006

SBS6 interview, May 8, 2006,  transcribed, in Dutch by Abarth and translated to English by HannieC.

Preview

Voiceover:

Geoffrey, suspect in the Holloway case, tells his shocking story

Geoffrey van Cromvoirt:
The first two days I lay in my underwear there. It`s very hot inside there, so you are constantly sweating and insects, rats, very big rats, cockroaches. Ofcourse it`s unbelievable. You are lying on a piece of concrete. You can`t sleep, everything hurts, and on top of that, you have this accusation

Willem van Cromvoirt:
They told and wrote so much about this boy, that`s why I want to do one interview and that is this one.

Gallyon van Vessem:
Geoffrey van Cromvoirt en his father Willem are breaking their silence about the unscrupulous investigation into the dissapearance of the American Natalalee Holloway.

Interview

Voiceover:
Geoffrey van Cromvoirt tells his shocking story. He never met Natalalee Holloway and the suspects, but still was incarcerated for days and interrogated

Gallyon:
Yes, the case about Natalee Holloway occupies the (gemoederen ? Feelings? Thoughts?) almost for a year now, and still it`s a mystery what happened to her. In a moment you will see an exclusive interview with Geoffrey van Cromvoirt. First we list all of the events in the matter of the Holloway case once more.

Voiceover:
The 18 year old Natalee Holloway leaves in may 2005 together with her graduation class for a trip to Aruba. On may 30th she is going the night out, but she doesn`t return to her hotel after that.

Beth Twitty:
And I'd got a phone call, it's a mother's worst nightmare, Debra. There is no other worst nightmare
Voiceover:
Shortly after the dissapearance of Natalee, the Dutchman Joran van der Sloot and his 2 friends Deepak and Satish were arrested. They supposedly were the last ones who saw the girl. Joran stated that he left her that evening on the beach, but says he doesn`t know what happened to her afterwards. The three friends were interrogated for months and were released in september because of the lack of evidence. A few months after that, Joran came to Holland to study.

Joran van der Sloot:
I`m still a suspect in this case yes, and the judge decided to let me start with my study, but if they have to interrogate me that would happen here in Holland

Voiceover:
Since the disappearance of Natalee there were several searches held on Aruba. Volunteers, the FBI and even Dutch F16`s searched all over the island, but a body was never found. A couple of weeks ago the Dutch tv programm “Opsporing Verzocht” has given this case some attention.There were no less than 90 tips. Because of those tips the ALE arrested a new suspect, again a Dutchman, the 19 year old Geoffrey van Cromvoirt, but he also denies having anything to do with the disappearance of Natalee.

Gallyon:
Yes Geoffrey van Cromvoirt says that he hasn`t got anything to do with the Holloway case. At this moment he is with his parents in Holland, and Ilse van Wingerden had an exclusive interview with him.

THE FATAL NIGHT

Ilse van Wingerden:
The night that Natalee disappeared, where were you?

Geoffrey:
At that time I was at home with my parents, we talked about it later on, that it was a good thing I stayed home that night, or otherwise I could have maybe met this person, so yes I was lucky that I was home that night.

Willem:
Well yes a serious event on the island, so everybody is talking about it, and you speculate what could have happened, and how it could have happened, but it`s only speculations, because you basically don`t know anything about it, so all you can do is speculate

Geoffrey:
We were looking on the streets if we would see her walking or on the beach or something, we didn`t know that much about it at the time. So we asked each other; Have you seen her? Were you there? But at that time we didn`t knew anything else about it
DE HYPE

Geoffrey:
The attention was ofcourse huge, normally a normal missing person wouldn`t get this much of attention, but i found that also to be terrible because they made such a big issue about the tourism of Aruba and that there were alot of lies on Aruba, and that made me very angry.
I followed the case because i thought this was terrible and watched everytime when Aruba was mentioned on tv, and wathced what happened and if there was news...if Natalee was found, but there wasn`t anything.

Ilse:
At a certain moment they made a program about it on “Opsporing Verzocht”, what was your take on that?

Geoffrey:
My sister even played a part in that, and I also wanted to play a part in that, i already told my dad that.

Ilse:
Why?

Geoffrey:
I didn`t care, I always wanted to be part of the police ( mispoke ) ehh... or on tv hehehe, and yes now i am ofcourse on tv, but in the wrong way ofcourse, but yes i mean yes I wanted to be a part of that, and ofcourse I thought it was good there would be an investigation, and maybe there would come in very important tips to help the case, but yes than they arrested me.

Gallyon:
Now we are going back to the studio where Ilse van Wingerden is. Ils, goodevening.
His sister was playing a part in the re-enactment of “Opsporing Verzocht” and he wanted also to play a little roll in it. What a bizar detail.

Ilse:
It`s indeed a very bizar detail, you can say ironic, he applied as a stand-in for the re-enactment of the program “Opsporing Verzocht” and shortly after that program he was being arrested himself. If it wasn`t so serious, you would laughing your ass of ( my words). He was being arrested because of the fact that he looked like a possible supsect, who`s been in the picture of this investigation. Geoffrey was just sitting at home, and suddenly the police called his home to ask if he could come down to the police station, and he had no idea why, neither did his father

JORAN

Ilse:
At a certain moment they picked up Joran van der Sloot, did you knew him?

Geoffrey:
No, I went regularly to Carlos and Charlie's, he also went there, but I never met him. Lately on the tv I saw him, but I never had any contact with him.

Willem:
The only thing I know about that family, is what I heared thru the media. And before that I never spoken to them. Maybe I subconsiously have seen them, but you never know that ofcourse.

Geoffrey:
I always thought; He knows more, I always said that, but I really don`t know. Nobody knows. It`s a very strange case, what has happened is very unreal, but it`s strange ofcourse, you don`t know.

THE ARREST

Willem:
He worked at the time at the beach, so maybe they had some questions for him, and to my surprise they arrested him.

Geoffrey:
I waited in there in a small room, and at a certain moment the deputy justice officer came to me and told me; You are arrested.

Willem:
They had told things about my son, but that can be said about 80 other different people, as a matter of speech.

Ilse:
He supposedly looks like someone who could have been in Natalee`s presence.

Willem:
Possibly

Geoffrey:
Ofcourse I didn`t see any of those statements, and maybe it`s bluffing, that`s something you don`t know, but it scares the shit out of you. How can you tell things about someone else, if that isn`t true? You are very scared. They put me into custody that night, and you come into one of those little cells, you get a little piece of paper with on it the reasons why you are incarcerated, and ofcourse you will get totally nuts and

Ilse:
What was written on it?
Geoffrey:
That I was suspected of murder, rape, manslaughter and etc. I don`t know excactly, but you will go nuts, it`s very unreal, and then you are sitting in a cell and you think; Why am I here, and it`s just a rollercoaster of feelings, and you don`t know what to do.

Ilse:
What are you feeling at such a moment?( stupid question tsk tsk)

Geoffrey:
Angerness, sadness for your family, also what is going thru them and what they would think. And yes I became totally crazy that night and later on they stripped me of all my clothes besides my boxer, because they thought I would maybe hang myself, which I would never do, and then I layed down there for 2 days in my boxer on conrete.

Ilse:
With that little paper which stated that you were an accessory in the murder, manslaughter and rape of Natalee?

Geoffrey:
Yes

Ilse:
How often did you read that piece of paper?

Geoffrey:
I read it once because I didn`t want to read it again, and gave it to my attorney.

Willem:
Why he spent time in there? Till this day we still don`t know that.

Geoffrey:
They also told me they would arrest my whole family, and ofcourse that drives you crazy, because the only thing what you have is your family and you are thinking about them constantly

Willem:
I`m sure that also under pressure he wouldn`t say things which he didn`t do. So purely looking at this case I say yes, again another hype.

Ilse:
As a dad?

Willem:
Yes, as a dad you are capable to drive thru that wall to get him out of there.

Geoffrey:
Ofcourse I knew that I would have to go before a judge the next morning, and I was almost sure that I could go home, and suddenly my door opens, and I said; Are you coming to interrogate me and this and that, and then they said; No you are free to go.

Gallyon:
And then he indeed was released. The evidence against Geoffrey is very thin, actually one of the witnesses already stated that his statement was based on nothing, it was more or less a lie.

Geoffrey was incarcerated for almost 10 days, and he told me; Yes they told terrible lies about me and my family

THE LIES

Ilse:
What do you think is the worst of lies they told about you and your family?

Willem:
What I find the worst is that they stigmatise a young boy, yes they just arrest him, they accuse him of everything which isn`t truth, and that can also easily be proven, businesswise my company becomes involved, my name is named, and that hasn`t gotten anything to do with it, the lies I mean. He supposedly worked at the time for the Visibility Team. But he didn`t work there. He also didn`t have the clothes from our company, there supposedly was a t-shirt or some poloshirt found they write in the press, well that was 11 months ago and when there was a big search on the island, they found a shirt of my company. That could have been just as easy a poloshirt of SBS 6.

Ilse:
Could there be blood or forensic material from Geoffrey, on that shirt?

Willem:
No absolutely not. That`s something that was indeed written and yelled then, that there was blood and forensic material on that shirt, no nothing at all. I supposedly had acces to those videotapes at the Holiday Inn, because of my job. We supposedly installed cameras there. All of that is not true.

Ilse:
What does that mean that that`s all been written and publicized?

Willem:
What I think about that? That it`s absurd, that`s just rousing

Geoffrey:
What other people say goes in one ear and goes out the other ear

Ilse:
But camerateams, journalists, I understood they lied lierally in front of your house.

Geoffrey:
Yes yes, cameras in front of the walls, trying to get with ladders behind our wall to climb over our wall and yes that`s ofcourse very intense, but then you`ll think; let them bake in the sun.

Willem:
After his release, that that mediacircus is in front of your door, stealing mail out of your mailbox, totally absurd, and then try to stay calm.

Geoffrey:
You are everywhere in the news, just like when the arrested me, the first thing they asked me was if I was afraid that they would use my name and that other people would think; Who`s that guy Geoffrey?

THE FUTURE

Willem:
We are still full with anger, only, yes we will think about what we are going to do next.

Ilse:
For example if this is dismissed, a claim?

Willem:
That`s within the realm of the possibillities, yes at this moment i`m thinking something like, the attorneys are looking into that and looking at the case, and I have alot of confidence in that.

Ilse:
How are you doing now?

Geoffrey:
You are looking at things differently, you watch out more, and yes ofcourse you are afraid for every little thing, because they made such a big mistake, that scares you also, like you know you can do things or something and still are afraid that they will going to arrest you again for something, or for the same case, you are scared shitless ofcourse. ( again my own interpretation, lol)

Gallyon:
Hey Ilse, is it true that they still can arrest Geoffrey for this case?

Ilse:
Basically yes, we`ve had contact with the justice department on Aruba. Yes the case still isn`t officially dismissed, Geoffrey is still a suspect, so theoretically everything still can happen in this, yes, very mysterieus case.

Gallyon:
Ok, i`m sure we will hear more from you, thank you...

I have theDutch transcription also.  Please don't ask for it...LOL...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.