April 27, 2024, 10:58:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #735 2/24/08 -2/27/08  (Read 317825 times)
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2008, 02:55:35 PM »

Glenda posted at RU three or four weeks ago that
Van der Straaten was back on Aruba.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2008, 02:59:47 PM »

http://getagripmonkey.blogspot.com/2005_12_18_archive.html

According to veteran policeman he will restructure the Bonaire force
Jan van der Straten will serve as High Commissioner for 6 to 12 months
He has an agreement with the Bonaire police union so he doesn’t understand the conflict
Bon Dia
12/22/2005

ORANJESTAD – As long as the country decision is not signed and in his hands, Jan vd Straten does not plan to start his new job in Bonaire as High Commissioner of the island of flamingos. Jan vd Straten said this to Bon Dia Aruba yesterday in an exclusive interview.

He confirmed the Bon Dia Aruba news that he will be the next chief of police of Bonaire and said that while he accepted this job, Aruba remains his home.

REQUEST FOR VD STRATEN
It was 2 to 3 years ago that the Antilles made the first attempt to seek vd Straten to work in Bonaire. “But my contract (in Aruba) was to end in August 15, 2005, so there wasn’t a possibility to go”, vd Straten said to this publication. He will procure to finalize this re-organization in Aruba first. After the invitation from the current Minister of Justice of the Anitlles, David Dick, he accepted the position. It was after two months passed that he spoke to his colleague and current Bonaire police chief Gerold Daantje.

WORKING TOGETHER
Here, they spoke about how they’re going to work together to see how vd Straten can work in Bonaire to prepare the police force in a new way and establish a relationship with Holland. While Daantje shared his opinion about the functioning in Bonaire, he expressed his preference to continue to study IT via a study task of the government of the US. As such, he came to an agreement with Minister Dick to leave Bonaire.

COUNTRY DECIDES
Once the country decision is made and in vd Straten’s hands, in what relates to his new function, he has to write a letter to Holland to postpone the payment of his pension for 6 to 12 months, which is the duration of his contract with Bonaire. The reason is that during this time, vd Straten will prepare the position for another person who has to assume the role as commissioner. The intention is to work on some project that will procure more security for the people of Bonaire, something that vd Straten considers an assured challenge.

UPSET IN THE FORCE
The fact that there is mention of an upset among members of the Bonaire police force with the arrival of vd Straten, is no very comprehensible for the former police commissioner of Aruba. This is because, according to the veteran policeman, he had a good understanding with the Bonaire police union. “It has always been my opinion that you have to care about these things that are very regulated for my colleagues. Then vd Straten will come”, the former commissioner continues to say. “That is an agreement with the union that they said to me 2 months ago. They assured me that they didn’t have a problem with anything”, vd Straten continued to say, reiterating that these issues have to be solved. “Van der Straten will not go work in a place where a colleague is already sitting as police chief”, vd Straten said.

STARTING DATE
The initial date mentioned for the police veteran to start his new position in Bonaire, according to Minister David Dick, is the 1st of January, 2006. But in practice, it seems that this will be a little later. “This is the main point. But everything has to be settled” vd Straten continued to say. He will not base it on a verbal agreement nor on a written one, but on a country decision.

“It is on a letter from the Minister that they will be in full agreement, but for me it has to be a country agreement to delay my pension”, vd Straten said. About the question that if he is asked to extend his permanency in Bonaire after a year, he categorically said no. “I am willing to work between 6 and 12 months in Bonaire. However, do not forget that I am retired. And my heart is in Aruba. I like working in Bonaire, but until now I live very well in Aruba” vd Straten finally said.

I guess he got stuck in Bonaire another year when he said no he would not go over a year.

His contract got extended until August 15th.  If my memory serves me right he took vacation right before then and made a trip to Holland and Karin Janssen also made a trip at the same time.  Coincidence?  I think not.
martini
Scared Monkey

« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2008, 03:16:34 PM »

The Dutch Government has been increasingly worried about the crime situation in the Netherlands Antilles. Not only is the decision to continue financing the Netherlands Antilles Safety Plan proof of that, but also the debates on establishing a Kingdom Law to regulate the Coast Guard of the Netherlands Antilles.

Dutch Minister of Defence proposed in the Dutch Parliament to extend the legal basis for the Coast Guard and add “safeguarding of the independence and the defence of the Kingdom” to its tasks.

The Dutch Government believes that extending the basis of the Kingdom Law should be looked at in the perspective of a worldwide increase in crimes related to drug smuggling, human trafficking and terrorism.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2008, 03:26:04 PM »

Nine days in detention!!!

Remember ... detention under Dutch law requires strong/serious suspicions.  Why was Geoffrey van Cromvoirt not just questioned as a witness?

Also ... I find it very suspcious that attorney Eline Lotter Homan also represented Steve Croes.

Beth questioned whether there was a connection.

My theory implies that Steve Croes and Geoffrey van Cromvoirt assisted Paulus van der Sloot on the morning of May 30, 2005 ... asssisted Paulus van der Sloot in moving Natalee Holloway from the beach to Lorenzo's home.

Janet

++++++++++++

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/04/25/AR2006042500516.html

Teen: No Info on Holloway Disappearance

By JONATHAN M. KATZ
The Associated Press
Tuesday, April 25, 2006; 10:45 AM

ORANJESTAD, Aruba -- The 19-year-old man released in the case of Alabama teenager Natalee Holloway has "no relevant information" about her disappearance and was not involved in that or in drug offenses, his lawyer said.

Geoffrey van Cromvoirt was released Monday, nine days after police arrested him, but the Aruba public prosecutor's office said he remained a suspect.

The teenager was arrested based on witness statements, but family and friends said he does not fit the descriptions and was home on the night of May 29 and 30 when Holloway disappeared, said lawyer Eline Lotter Homan in a Dutch statement to the media issued late Monday night.

Van Cromvoirt had been held on suspicion of "criminal offenses that may be related to the disappearance" of Holloway" and possible drug offenses, prosecutors said earlier. He was released Monday morning when prosecutors announced, "the grounds for his detention are no longer there."
"He at no time has met Natalee Holloway, nor has any relevant information pertaining to her disappearance," the defense lawyer said, adding that he denied allegations of a drug offense. She said he cooperated fully with the investigation, which sped up his release.

The prosecutor's office also said Monday that a 20-year-old man with the initials A.B. was arrested in the Holloway case on Saturday and was released after six hours of interrogation. No details have been provided.

Van Cromvoirt left an Oranjestad police station with family members on Monday. Journalists did not see him at the family's two-story yellow house topped by a Spanish tile roof.

Holloway, of Mountain Brook, Alabama, was 18 when she vanished on May 30 _ the final night of her high school graduation trip to this Dutch Caribbean island.

Authorities have arrested eight people in connection with Holloway's disappearance and released them due to lack of evidence.

Dutch marines, the Aruban Coast Guard, the FBI and hundreds of volunteers have searched the island and coastal areas for Holloway, to no avail. Authorities were studying images of the sea floor taken during a four-day search that ended last week, but no results have been announced.

Beth Twitty
On the Record w/ Greta
April 18, 2005

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,192141,00.html

TWITTY: ......And when I think of Joran van der Sloot and when I think of Steven Croes and I think of this new suspect (GVC) and the lies that were coming out early, very early, the moment we arrived on the island, if we find out that these three suspects are acquaintances or know each other — somebody needs to connect the dots. I mean, there certainly is a reason why Steven Croes came forward early on and stated, lied to the authorities that he had seen the two security guards taking Natalee. You know, people don't just do that for no reason, Greta. Somebody needs to connect the dots on those three, if they know each other.

Arlene Ellis-Schipper
NANCY GRACE
July 20, 2005

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0507/14/ng.01.html

ARLENE ELLIS-SCHIPPER, ARUBAN ATTORNEY: There is no grand jury in Aruba. It`s a different system.  You are arrested based on suspicion, on strong suspicion.

Noraina Pietersz - Defence Attorney
Associated Press
June 9, 2005

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8079019/

Under Aruban law, only serious suspicion from investigators — not solid evidence — is needed for a judge to rule that suspects can be held, Pietersz said.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2008, 03:31:31 PM »

Remember ... detention under Dutch law requires strong/serious suspicions.  Why was Geoffrey van Cromvoirt not just questioned as a witness?

Also ... I find it very suspcious that attorney Eline Lotter Homan also represented Steve Croes.

My theory implies that Steve Croes and Geoffrey van Cromvoirt assisted Paulus van der Sloot on the morning of May 30, 2005 ... asssisted Paulus van der Sloot in moving Natalee Holloway from the beach to Lorenzo's home.

Janet

++++++++++++

{EDITED}

Because suspects can lie and witnesses can't.
AnnieMW1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2008, 03:38:46 PM »

Hi Monkeys...as always, waiting impatiently for justice.  Outrageously maddening that nothing has happened yet as a result of the car tapes. 

Can anyone tell me when the NYC travel show is?

Am curious what Beth, Dave may still have up their sleeve in terms of things they have not released publicly yet.  They have really played it very close to the vest...when you considered they have really not talked about Aruba corruption in the police ranks until now.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2008, 03:39:23 PM »

He has an agreement with the Bonaire police union so he doesn’t understand the conflict
Bon Dia
12/22/2005

ORANJESTAD – As long as the country decision is not signed and in his hands, Jan vd Straten does not plan to start his new job in Bonaire as High Commissioner of the island of flamingos. Jan vd Straten said this to Bon Dia Aruba yesterday in an exclusive interview.

He confirmed the Bon Dia Aruba news that he will be the next chief of police of Bonaire and said that while he accepted this job, Aruba remains his home.

REQUEST FOR VD STRATEN
It was 2 to 3 years ago that the Antilles made the first attempt to seek vd Straten to work in Bonaire. “But my contract (in Aruba) was to end in August 15, 2005, so there wasn’t a possibility to go”, vd Straten said to this publication. He will procure to finalize this re-organization in Aruba first. After the invitation from the current Minister of Justice of the Anitlles, David Dick, he accepted the position. It was after two months passed that he spoke to his colleague and current Bonaire police chief Gerold Daantje.

WORKING TOGETHER
Here, they spoke about how they’re going to work together to see how vd Straten can work in Bonaire to prepare the police force in a new way and establish a relationship with Holland. While Daantje shared his opinion about the functioning in Bonaire, he expressed his preference to continue to study IT via a study task of the government of the US. As such, he came to an agreement with Minister Dick to leave Bonaire.

COUNTRY DECIDES
Once the country decision is made and in vd Straten’s hands, in what relates to his new function, he has to write a letter to Holland to postpone the payment of his pension for 6 to 12 months, which is the duration of his contract with Bonaire. The reason is that during this time, vd Straten will prepare the position for another person who has to assume the role as commissioner. The intention is to work on some project that will procure more security for the people of Bonaire, something that vd Straten considers an assured challenge.

UPSET IN THE FORCE
The fact that there is mention of an upset among members of the Bonaire police force with the arrival of vd Straten, is no very comprehensible for the former police commissioner of Aruba. This is because, according to the veteran policeman, he had a good understanding with the Bonaire police union. “It has always been my opinion that you have to care about these things that are very regulated for my colleagues. Then vd Straten will come”, the former commissioner continues to say. “That is an agreement with the union that they said to me 2 months ago. They assured me that they didn’t have a problem with anything”, vd Straten continued to say, reiterating that these issues have to be solved. “Van der Straten will not go work in a place where a colleague is already sitting as police chief”, vd Straten said.

STARTING DATE
The initial date mentioned for the police veteran to start his new position in Bonaire, according to Minister David Dick, is the 1st of January, 2006. But in practice, it seems that this will be a little later. “This is the main point. But everything has to be settled” vd Straten continued to say. He will not base it on a verbal agreement nor on a written one, but on a country decision.

“It is on a letter from the Minister that they will be in full agreement, but for me it has to be a country agreement to delay my pension”, vd Straten said. About the question that if he is asked to extend his permanency in Bonaire after a year, he categorically said no. “I am willing to work between 6 and 12 months in Bonaire. However, do not forget that I am retired. And my heart is in Aruba. I like working in Bonaire, but until now I live very well in Aruba” vd Straten finally said.

Think about it ... the letter penned by Art Wood on behalf of Jug, Beth, Dave and Robin outlining why they believed that a new investigative team and .. a new prosecutor ... should replace the current prosector and investigative team ... met with no positive response from Aruba or Holland.

I contend that the "powers that be" in Holland and Aruba realized that it was important that only a select few were controlling all aspects of the coverup ... assuring that Paulus and Joran were not implicated.

Janet.

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2008, 03:41:15 PM »

Hi Monkeys...as always, waiting impatiently for justice.  Outrageously maddening that nothing has happened yet as a result of the car tapes. 

Am curious what Beth, Dave may still have up their sleeve in terms of things they have not released publicly yet.  They have really played it very close to the vest...when you considered they have really not talked about Aruba corruption in the police ranks until now.

FROM TOURISM TRADE SHOW LISTING THREAD:

NY is right after Boston:

http://www.nyttravelshow.com/
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2008, 03:41:31 PM »

Janet

++++++++++++

{EDITED}

_____

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2008, 03:44:57 PM »

Did Geoffrey van Cromvoirt give a police statement, If so where would that be I have been looking for it

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2008, 03:51:04 PM »

Did Geoffrey van Cromvoirt give a police statement, If so where would that be I have been looking for it

We have not seen any statement that is Geoffrey's. 
jackb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2008, 03:59:35 PM »

Janet

++++++++++++

{EDITED}

That sounds right.  Steve Croes and Cromvroit were very good friends.  There are pictures of them partying and also a picture of him as a younger boy in the Vds household watching tv witht the Vandersloots.  Since the security firm (owned by the father of GVC) has the records of who was working beach patrol and has access to boats, trucks, etc.,that night, or even what time he was off work, etc., it is unlikely GVC will have records that indicate the truth of his whereabouts.  I believe he is involved and used his authority and connections to get this thing away from him and his friends.  The Cromvroits have security offices in the other antilles as well as the NL.  They are not hurting in the money dept. I would think.  Also the dirt they know on people would extend there in Aruba and abroad to where they would be almost untouchable.  The boy may be the key.  From what I have read he is a wimp and also was the one who slapped NH on the behind in such a manner as to demean her and she retaliated, at least verbally to him.  I ran accross this in my readings.  Others may have read the same.  Steve Croes may have been trying to protect GVC and himself by making sure the cops believed NH was dropped off at the HI, that way it would clear them from any suspicion of having done any (escorting) or transporting of the girl after the K2 left after doing their deeds.      Jack blue
jackb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2008, 04:06:25 PM »

In Jacob's file 13 (trash) most likely.  j/b
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2008, 04:11:41 PM »

OH I got it now lol

Van Cromvoirt Son of Former Policeman
From the Dutch

BREDA/WILLEMSTAD (19-04-06) - Geoffrey van Cromvoirt is the son of a former policeman. His father, Willem, was eighteen years policeman in the Dutch town Breda when he decided (end 1997) to start his own business, according to the Dutch newspaper BN/De Stem.

On 1 January 1998 he started Video Camera Beveiliging (beveiliging means security), a firm which aimed at the security of companies with video systems. In 1999, his father decided to move to the Dutch Antilles. According to an ex-colleague, he started at first on Bonaire by the name VCB Security. Meanwhile the company operates at several places on the Antilles. On Aruba it's one of the larger security companies. The Holiday Inn is one of their customers, the hotel Natalee Holloway disappeared on 30 May 2005.

www.riehlworldview.com

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2008, 04:15:38 PM »

"Mafia cocaine shipped through Netherlands"
The Netherlands functions as a storage place and stopover for the cocaine shipped from Colombia to Italy by Italian mafia.

22 February 2008

ROME – The Netherlands functions as a storage place and stopover for the cocaine shipped from Colombia to Italy by Italian mafia. The mafia also launders money in the Netherlands (as well as in Germany and Belgium) and fugitive Mafiosi flee to the Netherlands to go into hiding.

This is contained in an annual report published this week by the Italian anti-mafia commission. This year the report is entirely devoted to the 'Ndrangheta, the mafia from southern Italian region of Calabria.

The anti-mafia commission compares the 'Ndrangheta with Al Qaeda because it tends to operate with active cells outside of its territory and because it commands unconditional loyalty for the home front.

An important international investigation was completed in 2006, in which active cells of the 'Ndrangheta were discovered in the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany. Six important fugitive Mafiosi were arrested, including Francesco Strangio, arrested in the Netherlands.

Strangio is part of the Nirta-Strangio family from San Luca, who primarily operate their cocaine trade in the Netherlands and Germany. The family has been at war with other mafia clans from San Luca for years.

The feud led to an attack in Duisburg, Germany last year, costing six people their lives.

http://www.expatica.com/nl/articles/news/_Mafia-cocaine-shipped-through-Netherlands_.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
martini
Scared Monkey

« Reply #75 on: February 24, 2008, 04:18:28 PM »

Booth 141 still available @ the NYC travel show...

Promo booth would be my idea with free giveaways~

Destiny
Monkey Junky

unwatched kids will be given sugar + a free puppy

« Reply #76 on: February 24, 2008, 04:24:50 PM »

Bon Dia
12/22/2005

REQUEST FOR VD STRATEN

WORKING TOGETHER

COUNTRY DECIDES

UPSET IN THE FORCE

STARTING DATE

Think about it ... the letter penned by Art Wood on behalf of Jug, Beth, Dave and Robin outlining why they believed that a new investigative team and .. a new prosecutor ... should replace the current prosector and investigative team ... met with no positive response from Aruba or Holland.

I contend that the "powers that be" in Holland and Aruba realized that it was important that only a select few were controlling all aspects of the coverup ... assuring that Paulus and Joran were not implicated.

Janet.

Janet...as far as I'm concerned...it's the same old ugly, rotton puzzel...all they do is move the pieces around to make it look different...it's a real shame.

I Stand With The Girl *NATALEE HOLLOWAY*

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2008, 04:26:53 PM »

hotping
Monkey Junky

All Prayers Will Be Answered in Time!

« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2008, 04:30:00 PM »

In God We Trust!
Prayers Will Bring Natalee Home!
May 2010 Bring Natalee Home to Rest In Peace!
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2008, 04:30:45 PM »

Good Idea Martini   Wonder how much to rent a booth?   

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.