March 28, 2024, 07:14:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #735 2/24/08 -2/27/08  (Read 315715 times)
private eye
Monkey Junky

« Reply #500 on: February 26, 2008, 10:03:24 PM »

Art Wood on now!

Bad news on the search.  Persistence has completed the underwater survey/grid.  Have identified 100+ objects and trying to narrow the list.  However, they are totally out of money.  If they can't come up with donations within a week or 10 days they will have to go home.

Dave Holloway has been talking to various officials to help chip in.

Without contributions Persistence is coming home.

Send contributions to the Natalee Holloway Foundation.  Everyone in the NH Foundation is a volunteer, nobody takes a salary.

Address:

Natalee Holloway Foundation
PO Box 4363
Meridian, MS   39304

And I think Beth is appealing to the public in Holland, and hopefully Dave or her will get in position to publicly ask Aruba to contribute.

IF Aruba is sincere in wanting to rehabilitate their reputation and tourism industry, their money is better spent actually investigating the crime, and if they really want to convict the guilty and they have to have a body to do so, I can think of no better way for them to spend their money. Doing the right thing is the best advertising they can have. Much better than spending millions trying to convince the US public that the crime didn't happen, because those dollars are simply wasted, as they learned in Boston.
Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #501 on: February 26, 2008, 10:04:45 PM »

Everyone jump on greta wire quickly before she covers case asking her to tell people they need donations

Joran, Deepak & Satish You F***ers will never be worth anything in your life ever
Noly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #502 on: February 26, 2008, 10:06:35 PM »

that's what i think PI!!!

all those millions Rob Smith said they've spent!  contribute to the solution!!! 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #503 on: February 26, 2008, 10:08:24 PM »

I heard Jossy will be putting some full page ads in Diario requesting donations too.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #504 on: February 26, 2008, 10:11:45 PM »

I posted all 6 pictures on page 25 but I can see how Tim Miller would think he might have found something looking at this pic:

private eye
Monkey Junky

« Reply #505 on: February 26, 2008, 10:15:57 PM »

I understand them needing donations but I do not understand the time frame simply because in my opinion the operational cost is so great that they really need to locate a deep pocket to actually make a difference, or hundreds of thousands of individuals. A week isn't very much time to raise that kind of money from individuals, and people have already donated a lot. I think that is why Beth is hitting Holland and Aruba. Plus, as discussed earlier and said better than I on a previous post. Aruba's money is better spent on the solution, and they really need to quit being the problem.
private eye
Monkey Junky

« Reply #506 on: February 26, 2008, 10:17:27 PM »

I posted all 6 pictures on page 25 but I can see how Tim Miller would think he might have found something looking at this pic:

Even in the other picture it looked like a body in the fetal position.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #507 on: February 26, 2008, 10:18:14 PM »

This is a crab trap from the show Deadliest Catch. It weighs 700 pounds and requires a crane to lift out of the water and a wench to pull it in. It looks like the same type of trap found by the Persistence or close to it. And in my opinion, the wrong size trap.

The goon child could not maneuver a trap that size with 6 friends. The trap missing from the fisherman's huts is much much smaller. The trap found by the Persistence probably fell off of a trawler, it happens once in a while and anyone who has watched the tv show Deadliest Catch knows that the owners of these traps are careful as they are expensive. In one episode, one crew fished another's area and the crew cut their guide line. 40 traps lost, all in a string.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #508 on: February 26, 2008, 10:19:18 PM »

That does look like a skull to me.  Whow.  I didn't realize those pictures could be so telling.  Greta is suppose to have a picture of the fabric from someone on the boat.  Said it is coming up next.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
ala_gunslinger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #509 on: February 26, 2008, 10:23:53 PM »

This is a crab trap from the show Deadliest Catch. It weighs 700 pounds and requires a crane to lift out of the water and a wench to pull it in. It looks like the same type of trap found by the Persistence or close to it. And in my opinion, the wrong size trap.

The goon child could not maneuver a trap that size with 6 friends. The trap missing from the fisherman's huts is much much smaller. The trap found by the Persistence probably fell off of a trawler, it happens once in a while and anyone who has watched the tv show Deadliest Catch knows that the owners of these traps are careful as they are expensive. In one episode, one crew fished another's area and the crew cut their guide line. 40 traps lost, all in a string.

So, how did a trap that size wind up outside of aruba?

Existence is futile.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #510 on: February 26, 2008, 10:23:55 PM »

******* - On Dana Pretzer now to talk about the Boston Travel Show

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #511 on: February 26, 2008, 10:26:54 PM »

Dana talking about the fabric now.

Bear ... did Art Wood/Dana clarify where the comparison fabric that the FBI used came from.  Was it fabric that Beth provided from a second blouse which was purchased or ... was it the fabric found by the park ranger in the Boca Tortuga area in July, 2005.

I think the implication is very significant if the comparison fabric is actually material from Natalee Holloway's blouse.

Janet

++++++++++++++

Press release

Postbus 1163, Oranjestad, Aruba
Havenstraat 2
Oranjestad
Aruba

To All media
From The Public Prosecutor’s Office
Date February 26, 2007

Pages 1

Cloth found in crab trap not a match with sample of blouse Holloway, according to FBI Laboratory.

The Prosecutors’ Office of Aruba has received the results of the comparison tests done by the FBI Laboratory in the United States of America on clothing, cloth or a textile of some type recovered in January 2008 by an Aruban dive team inside a crab trap in about 90 feet of water, off the coast of Aruba. The Aruban dive team was directed to the crab trap by the crew of the vessel “Persistence” that is conducting a sea search looking for the body of Natalee Holloway. The Persistence is searching for a crab trap based on the story that the body of Natalee Holloway was disposed of and placed in a similar device.

The Aruban Police requested the FBI Laboratory to process the cloth, because the Laboratory already had a sample of the exact match of the type of material of Natalee Holloway’s blouse. The FBI Laboratory received that material on the 22nd of January 2008.

On the 25th of February 2008, the Prosecutors’ Office received the official report from the FBI Laboratory that showed that the two materials were not a match.

FBI Says Fabrics Found in Aruban Crab Trap Not From Holloway
Tuesday, February 26, 2008

ORANJESTAD, Aruba  —  An FBI analysis of fabric collected from a crab trap off Aruba showed the material did not match clothing worn by missing American Natalee Holloway, prosecutors said Tuesday.

The fabric was recovered in January by divers in about 90 feet of water as they searched for the body of the missing woman, the Aruban public prosecutor's office said in a statement.

Click here for photos from the case.

The FBI compared the material to a blouse worn by Holloway, who was 18 when she disappeared on the final night of a high school graduation trip to the Dutch Caribbean island in May 2005. The results "showed that the two materials were not a match," the statement said.

Special Agent Ann Todd, a spokeswoman for the FBI Laboratory in Quantico, Va., said the lab could not comment on the case.

Holloway, of Mountain Brook, Ala., was last seen leaving a bar in the Aruban capital of Oranjestad with a Dutch college student and two Surinamese brothers. Extensive searches have found no trace of her.

Earlier this month, judges rejected an attempt to arrest the Dutch student, Joran Van der Sloot, for a third time in her disappearance. He was released due to insufficient evidence the first two times he was arrested.

Aruban prosecutors had sought to detain him based on hidden-camera recordings captured by a Dutch TV crime show. In the video, Van der Sloot said Holloway collapsed on the beach after they left the bar and he called a friend to dump her body at sea.

Van der Sloot has said he was lying when he made those statement and insists he had no involvement in her death.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,332848,00.html

Fabric found in Aruban crab trap doesn't match Holloway's clothing
Posted by Birmingham News February 26, 2008 3:26 PM

Fabric found in a crab trap off the Aruban coast doesn't match a blouse worn by Natalee Holloway when she disappeared, officials said today.

The fabric was recovered by a dive crew last month and tested by the FBI, which was holding fabric samples matching Holloway's top, according to a release from the Aruban prosecutor's office.

Holloway, then 18, disappeared in May of 2005 on a trip to Aruba with fellow graduates of Mountain Brook High School. Soon afterward, her family circulated a picture of her taken at the beach with friends on her last night wearing a blue, green and white halter top.

The news is just the latest blow to what had been a renewed effort to solve the case. Earlier this month, a Dutch appeals court refused to let Aruban prosecutors re-arrest their chief suspect on the basis of an undercover television video. Joran van der Sloot had told a friend in the video that he watched Holloway die on the beach and asked a friend to dispose of her body in the water.

Hannah Wolfson
http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2008/02/fabric_found_in_aruban_crab_tr.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #512 on: February 26, 2008, 10:27:40 PM »

Looking at that crap  trap NO way ONE person could throw that crap trap overboard
with a body in it... if she is in a trap more then one person helped dump her

Joran, Deepak & Satish You F***ers will never be worth anything in your life ever
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #513 on: February 26, 2008, 10:29:06 PM »

Tim Miller was on Greta. Said the fabric/DNA did not match Natalee's DNA.  He did get to request donations so this search can continue and Greta ask how they can contribute. Tim was able to give his website and also a phone number to call.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #514 on: February 26, 2008, 10:29:31 PM »

GREAT SHOW DANA

THANKS *******!
Noly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #515 on: February 26, 2008, 10:30:03 PM »

Wow!  those are awesome pics!

thanks klaas! 

leaves a sad feeling though, wondering just what else they might find.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #516 on: February 26, 2008, 10:30:03 PM »

Great job, *******!

Great show, Dana!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #517 on: February 26, 2008, 10:30:12 PM »

So, how did a trap that size wind up outside of aruba?

GS, there is quite a bit of fishing and trapping. I have had Caribbean lobsters there and they are no where near as good as Atlantic.... maybe others like them.

I would imaging it was a commercial enterprise.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #518 on: February 26, 2008, 10:30:18 PM »

Tim Miller was on Greta. Said the fabric/DNA did not match Natalee's DNA.  He did get to request donations so this search can continue and Greta ask how they can contribute. Tim was able to give his website and also a phone number to call.

I was happy to see Greta ask about the donations!
Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #519 on: February 26, 2008, 10:30:47 PM »

Greta asked Tim about needing donations and gave him a chance to give his website
and phone number for donations  hopefully people were listening

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.