April 26, 2024, 03:06:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Issues regarding the travel show  (Read 16289 times)
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2008, 12:29:46 AM »

I came to Boston to protest Aruba.  What work I put into my preparations does not matter.  The state of my health does not matter.  The situations I left at home do not matter.  The expense of the trip does not matter.  The weather does not matter.  I am an adult.  I know how to dress for the elements.  I made a committment to  Natalee and I am here and stood in the cold the whole time except for lunch both days and brought attention to the situation.  I am committed to boycotting Aruba until there is a satisfactory resolution and to me that means prosecution and conviction.  We may never see the return of Natalee and I will probably always boycott Aruba.  That is the way I feel and will always stand with Natalee.  I am fed up with this circus, it is not about anyone but Natalee.
Well said and I feel the exact same 

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2008, 12:31:57 AM »

JMO I totally understand why you feel the need to go to Aruba and respect your decision.  But why would you not look into going to Aruba locally?  Why would you do it at the travel show that you are there to protest??  Especially with the big wig from AHAHT standing right there?  I'm sure they got a good chuckle...hope we don't read about it on one of THEIR blogs.  No offense meant to anyone.

But anyway...Thanks to all of you who worked so hard at the Boston Show!  I know we all stand with the girl.

My point exactly kippy!
And I did neglect to thank those who stood outside in the cold in Boston.What they have done is a very selfless act....and I admire them greatly!

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2008, 12:43:24 AM »

FWIW - every single photo and video of the Boston Travel Show was sent to me by Hotshot.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2008, 01:46:51 PM »

I'd like to add that the only thing all of this complaining about what one person did or didn't do only DISCOURAGES others from going to the NY event and events after that.  I'm sure that wasn't anyones goal.
for natalie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2008, 08:14:50 PM »

Klaas, how can this site support someone who booked a trip to Aruba while supposedly supporting a boycott at the Boston
Trade Show?

You mean that this site should not allow members that go to Aruba?  It's not our business to tell people where to go. We can warn people of the corrupt government and we can suggest they don't go to Aruba but we certainly won't ban someone that goes. Tim Miller is in Aruba, should we not support him too?

As far as the boycott at the Boston Travel Show, what anyone does there isn't this sites business either.

If you have issues about it address them with Hotshot in this thread.
     ::MonkeyDance::WELL SAID KLASS!!!!     Please forgive my commenting a night later..I needed to watch the Oscars last night for comic relief and missed this discussion....Klass is a remarkable, fair-minded, knowledgeable Administrator and we are Blessed to have her so Casa.......... LAY OFF!!!!!!!!!!!     For Hotshot, as one of your Monkey Mothers, all I can say is ...."Are you out of your  mind?"  Are you sure that one of the Aruban agents did not "slip" something into your drink?     What part of this entire 3 year discussion have you missed......You are a lovely young woman, the very kind of person Aruba preys on, what makes you think that you are safer than the tourists we are warning?   You are not Nancy Drew, Supersleuth or Columbo, probably 90 pounds soaking wet and if you were not planning to take a 6 foot 10 armed weight lifter for protection, what angel is watching over you to "find dna"?     As a group we can be effective, but if we think that one person can do it all, we are ineffective....better to put your energy and resources into prayer and  supporting our collective effort to boycott the island in the sun with the firm knowledge that God is still in charge and we will see resolution...............As for me and my house I am For Natalee and this monkey cause; think clearer Hotshot, and you will realize that though a courageous gesture, going to Aruba is  dangerous , naive, and misguided...much like those who have gone before us and have never come home from there.   Sign me up for Clearwater or Tampa, Florida boycotts, please...............
CJ1
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2008, 09:08:58 PM »

I was there and I can be a pain in the you know what when it comes to the truth.  I just may spill the Boston beans.
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2008, 09:10:31 PM »

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2008, 09:21:11 PM »

I was there and I can be a pain in the you know what when it comes to the truth.  I just may spill the Boston beans.

Please do.  I am also confused about the appearances of looking for a deal while my co workers are freezing their butts off trying to protest travel to Aruba..
I don't think Hotshot is wrong to do what ever she chooses, but what if the people entering the travel show, that she just handed brochures to, are now seeing her inside looking for a deal?  Appearances are everything, regardless of good intentions.  JMO

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2008, 09:49:24 PM »

Klaas, how can this site support someone who booked a trip to Aruba while supposedly supporting a boycott at the Boston
Trade Show?

You mean that this site should not allow members that go to Aruba?  It's not our business to tell people where to go. We can warn people of the corrupt government and we can suggest they don't go to Aruba but we certainly won't ban someone that goes. Tim Miller is in Aruba, should we not support him too?

As far as the boycott at the Boston Travel Show, what anyone does there isn't this sites business either.

::MonkeyDance::WELL SAID KLASS!!!!     Please forgive my commenting a night later..I needed to watch the Oscars last night for comic relief and missed this discussion....Klass is a remarkable, fair-minded, knowledgeable Administrator and we are Blessed to have her so Casa.......... LAY OFF!!!!!!!!!!!     For Hotshot, as one of your Monkey Mothers, all I can say is ...."Are you out of your  mind?"  Are you sure that one of the Aruban agents did not "slip" something into your drink?     What part of this entire 3 year discussion have you missed......You are a lovely young woman, the very kind of person Aruba preys on, what makes you think that you are safer than the tourists we are warning?   You are not Nancy Drew, Supersleuth or Columbo, probably 90 pounds soaking wet and if you were not planning to take a 6 foot 10 armed weight lifter for protection, what angel is watching over you to "find dna"?     As a group we can be effective, but if we think that one person can do it all, we are ineffective....better to put your energy and resources into prayer and  supporting our collective effort to boycott the island in the sun with the firm knowledge that God is still in charge and we will see resolution...............As for me and my house I am For Natalee and this monkey cause; think clearer Hotshot, and you will realize that though a courageous gesture, going to Aruba is  dangerous , naive, and misguided...much like those who have gone before us and have never come home from there.   Sign me up for Clearwater or Tampa, Florida boycotts, please...............

First off, I know you are a newbie and do not know that our little Casa is a very, very close friend of Natalee's family.  I am sure what she was reading made her upset beyond words.  Casa has been in this from the moment one of Beth's relatives called her and told her about Natalee. In fact, her own children were close to Natalee and Natalee's cousins. They live near each other and talk weekly.  So maybe allowing her some slack would be nice.  I know for a fact that she speaks with Beth's relative often and it might be that she was upset because she sees things from a very different perspective than some of us do.

I certainly hope she hasn't had computer problems since her avi is missing...I think there is a particular monkey that posts here that would certainly notice.   If no one has welcomed you to the forum...then good to see you...stop by the Shango thread sometime and we will talk.
for natalie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2008, 10:34:21 PM »

Trade Show?

First off, I know you are a newbie and do not know that our little Casa is a very, very close friend of Natalee's family.  I am sure what she was reading made her upset beyond words.  Casa has been in this from the moment one of Beth's relatives called her and told her about Natalee. In fact, her own children were close to Natalee and Natalee's cousins. They live near each other and talk weekly.  So maybe allowing her some slack would be nice.  I know for a fact that she speaks with Beth's relative often and it might be that she was upset because she sees things from a very different perspective than some of us do.

I certainly hope she hasn't had computer problems since her avi is missing...I think there is a particular monkey that posts here that would certainly notice.   If no one has welcomed you to the forum...then good to see you...stop by the Shango thread sometime and we will talk.
Thank you for the insight...Yes, certainly,(Cara) she deserves a lot of consideration..I am a newbie and sorry if I treaded too harshly...absolutely unintentional, i felt protective of Klass since I think as an administrator has been very fair-minded.  I will boycott if a show comes to Florida and am working on a niece who works at PBS in NYC to see if we can get some folks over to cover the boycott.   Again, thanks for clarifying who people are....I just think this is an awesome site with people who are willing to ask hard questions.....I am For Natalee
Hotshot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2008, 10:56:58 PM »

Whatever you want to think of me is fine.  If you want to think bad things about me for believing and doing the things I do, It’s your problem, not mine.  The people at Scared Monkeys have seen me here since day one.  They have seen my webpage, saw information I brought back from Aruba after my first trip and they have witnessed my sincerest attempts to help the family find resolution.  Where, when and why I go anywhere is none of your business.  Who I talk, write  or see is none of your business also.

If you want to start speculating on what you think I do…. Did… or will do…knock yourself out.  I’m just going to continue telling the truth and to continue to help the family.

Have a nice evening.    I really am relieved to see you made it home safely especially in such horrendous weather

Joran van der Sloot: One day, I will explain exactly what happened, but, right now, I don’t feel ready to do that.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2008, 11:11:23 PM »

This topic is now locked 
Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.