April 17, 2024, 08:11:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spilling the (Boston Beans) Hotshot is on to something!  (Read 4153 times)
UCONN Student
Scared Monkey

« on: February 26, 2008, 10:32:13 AM »

Hi to all.

I have been to Boston twice now as a silent monkey because someone unknown needs to be around in case something happens to our workers, and someone the Arubans have no reason to be suspicious of can find out what is going on.

My background is 4 yrs as military police out of the 21 years I spent in the Navy as a Nuclear Power Plant operator on submarines. I am a father of two girls and grandfather to one girl. The VA has me completely disabled and is financing my rehabilitation at UCONN.

I think I have the necessary expertise to gather evidence and keep myself and Hotshot out of trouble on her final trip to Aruba.

The thing that worries me the most is the way that Hotshot has been treated by the part of the group in Boston and by this forum. The Boston members are mad at her for being late to the show, missing diner reservations, and half of a conversation between ******* and myself that wasn’t anyone else’s business. These things are a result of her traveling with a disabled vet that she was too kind to not point out! I did it! Attack Me!

Hotshot is on to something AGAIN!   

I don’t think that she or anyone else realizes it – yet.

The local (Boston area) travel agency that Hotshot spoke with to find out cost quoted her 5 nights / 6 days in a 5 star transport to and from airport and round trip airfare from Boston @ $1049 per person.  I did not fly to Boston for the show and managed to spend over $700 for 3 days and 2 nights.  I looked up airfare from Boston to Aruba and found that it averaged $800 per person for the flight.  I assume that the local ticket agency is going to profit from the sale out of the $249 left so it looks like I get to stay on the island for six days at a loss to the hotel.  If I don’t spend money for anything other than cheap food – I am definitely staying at a loss to them.

Kinda sounds like we are hitting them in the wallet big time.

Hmmmmmm….

So quit wasting time and support the other protesters at the other shows. It can get expensive to irritate a government.

R/
Jim
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 02:04:09 PM »

Hi to all.

I have been to Boston twice now as a silent monkey because someone unknown needs to be around in case something happens to our workers, and someone the Arubans have no reason to be suspicious of can find out what is going on.

My background is 4 yrs as military police out of the 21 years I spent in the Navy as a Nuclear Power Plant operator on submarines. I am a father of two girls and grandfather to one girl. The VA has me completely disabled and is financing my rehabilitation at UCONN.

I think I have the necessary expertise to gather evidence and keep myself and Hotshot out of trouble on her final trip to Aruba.

The thing that worries me the most is the way that Hotshot has been treated by the part of the group in Boston and by this forum. The Boston members are mad at her for being late to the show, missing diner reservations, and half of a conversation between ******* and myself that wasn’t anyone else’s business. These things are a result of her traveling with a disabled vet that she was too kind to not point out! I did it! Attack Me!

Hotshot is on to something AGAIN!   

I don’t think that she or anyone else realizes it – yet.

The local (Boston area) travel agency that Hotshot spoke with to find out cost quoted her 5 nights / 6 days in a 5 star transport to and from airport and round trip airfare from Boston @ $1049 per person.  I did not fly to Boston for the show and managed to spend over $700 for 3 days and 2 nights.  I looked up airfare from Boston to Aruba and found that it averaged $800 per person for the flight.  I assume that the local ticket agency is going to profit from the sale out of the $249 left so it looks like I get to stay on the island for six days at a loss to the hotel.  If I don’t spend money for anything other than cheap food – I am definitely staying at a loss to them.

Kinda sounds like we are hitting them in the wallet big time.

Hmmmmmm….

So quit wasting time and support the other protesters at the other shows. It can get expensive to irritate a government.

R/
Jim

Well a similar thread has already been locked and moved ....but since you have started this up again, I would like to say, much in your post makes me madder than most of what I have previously read about this whole topic! Just because you were there lurking
doesn't change things! Do you not see that inquiring about accomodations and travel to a destination where protesters have gathered to convince the public to avoid traveling
is the wrong thing to do?

I am not questioning anyones reason for going anywhere, but there is a time and place to make arrangements NOT a travel show protest!

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
UCONN Student
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 02:28:28 PM »

Well a similar thread has already been locked and moved ....but since you have started this up again, I would like to say, much in your post makes me madder than most of what I have previously read about this whole topic! Just because you were there lurking
doesn't change things! Do you not see that inquiring about accomodations and travel to a destination where protesters have gathered to convince the public to avoid traveling
is the wrong thing to do?

I am not questioning anyones reason for going anywhere, but there is a time and place to make arrangements NOT a travel show protest!

Similar but not the whole story. Sorry you did not read what I had to say very closely. Let us try again.

1.  No travel arrangements were made at the show.
2.  We cant find out how bad we are hurting their industry unless we ask how much a trip there costs.
3.  I was not lurking.
4.  I Printed materials we handed out at both shows and was there in case there was trouble.
5.  Please pay attention before you get mad - it is better for your blood pressure.
6.  Please remember that we are all trying to get justice for Natalee and not lynch each other on these pages.

I have been many places during my time in the Navy. I have been to Amsterdam. The one thing that I will always remember about that place was that it had something for everyone. There really seemed to be only one rule -

You can do anything you want , as long as it does not interfere with someone else having a good time.

The Dutch and the Arubans seem to have forgoten the second part when one of their elite was involved.
JusticeforNatalee
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 02:42:04 PM »

" Please remember that we are all trying to get justice for Natalee and not lynch each other on these pages."

Exactly! Could we please, please stop the drama and attacks.

We are all on Natalee's side!

People at travel shows are volunteers. They are doing the best they can.
Their hearts are all with Natalee.

Please stop the complaining. I heard an interesting comment yesterday:
"Those that do are few. Those that opine are many. Those that complain are legion."

Please, let's all stand together and focus on Natalee and helping her get justice.

The people going to travels shows need help. They don't need bickering and people sitting at computers making attacks.

If you want to say something, then please offer help.

For example, right now, I have a question. I saw some nice lettering on the new signs in Boston. I know that they were hand-made, but still the lettering looked great. So, I would like to know--how do you  get letters on hand-made signs to look professional?

Can you answer that question? Can you help?

"My client, Joran van der Sloot, played a MAJOR ROLE in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway."       
Antonio Carlo
UCONN Student
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 02:52:50 PM »

" Please remember that we are all trying to get justice for Natalee and not lynch each other on these pages."

For example, right now, I have a question. I saw some nice lettering on the new signs in Boston. I know that they were hand-made, but still the lettering looked great. So, I would like to know--how do you  get letters on hand-made signs to look professional?

Can you answer that question? Can you help?

Hotshot CJ1 and Marlee know the most about the signs. I think some of them were sent to Hotshot. I am sure she will respond to your question when she sees it.

R/
Jim
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 03:00:36 PM »

UCONN Student wrote;
"2.  We cant find out how bad we are hurting their industry unless we ask how much a trip there costs."

Ridiculous!

I am not going to go back and forth with anyone. I can only say I know perfectly well why I am here and have been since the beginning . Please don't try to feed me a bunch of BS. The only thing all of this BS serves to do is divide and conquer. Much of what you are denying has happened has been witnessed by others or admitted to first hand. Not in a way I might add that acknowledges any wrong judgement but more like ""If you want to start speculating on what you think I do…. Did… or will do…knock yourself out".

That you have made your first and only 2 posts about this and only this topic speak volumes to me. I don't care who supports any one particular person(s) actions at the Boston travel show......I don't

I had deliberated personally about the NY Travel show, but it seems the internal agendas vary and that makes my decision clear about what to do.

I will make no more comments on this topic. Infact IMO this thread should be locked also.

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
JusticeforNatalee
Scared Monkey

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 03:45:54 PM »

Yes, Klaas, please lock this thread before it becomes a litany of complaints.

The complaints and attacks are dividing.

All I know is that I will be standing up for Natalee's justice on Saturday
in the park across from the Javitz.

"My client, Joran van der Sloot, played a MAJOR ROLE in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway."       
Antonio Carlo
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.