April 19, 2024, 03:57:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Removed from the Boston Travel Show thread  (Read 3707 times)
Hotshot
Monkey Junky

« on: February 26, 2008, 01:08:09 PM »

I just want to say thank-you to all that supported us.  Jim who was there for some of this, and who was our driver, has added to this but has put it under his own thread.  (New to the forum)  It can be reached here   http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2650.0   He felt he had some explaining on my part to do.  if you have any questions he would be the one to pounce on right now.  Once again, thanks to all who supported us....
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 06:11:27 PM by klaasend » Logged

Joran van der Sloot: One day, I will explain exactly what happened, but, right now, I don’t feel ready to do that.
CJ1
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 05:25:44 PM »

*******, I just wanted to say that the security guy approached me first as I was the only one at the post.  He was very angry and told me that if he caught my associate in the show with pamphlets hanging out of his pockets as he was told was observed, that he would have you removed by the state police.  As soon as Marlee returned from collating literature I sent her in to find you. 
CJ1
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 05:26:19 PM »

As I understand it, and it was reiterated by security, our permit allowed us to stand outside the entrance and hold signs, to hand out literature and engage people in discussion.  We had to stay to the sides and not block the entrance and signs had to be in our hands.  If we went inside, we had to cover our Natalee sweatshirts.  I had no problem complying.

If you agree to participate in a protest, you have to be in the assigned location to protest.  You have to hold signs.  You have to hand out the literature.  You have to engage discussion.  I can’t say we had 100% cooperation from those present and being given credit.  I could have done much more if I had been told to organize it myself. 

The purpose of the protest was to get people to boycott Aruba.  The purpose was not to harass the Aruban presenters.  The purpose was not to bushwhack any Arubans.  The purpose was not to post posed pictures on Scared Monkeys.  The purpose was not to record messages for Scared Monkeys.  The purpose was not to make posts on Scared Monkeys, but I was not going to allow just one person’s story to be told.  Our purpose was outside.

The Seaport World Trade Center is in Massport.  There was a single officer from the Massachusetts State Police that seemed to be assigned to watch us.  He was a pleasant person who mostly watched from his parked car.  When Marlee and I arrived, no one was there.  I approached the only officer in the area to tell him that we had a permit to protest, but the person with the permit had not arrived yet and asked if it was okay for us to be there.  He said yes…so we got started.  Since there was only one of us for each side of the entrance, we couldn’t hold signs and hand out things and we elected to hold off on the signs until we had help.  We handed out a lot before Hotshot arrived and she said not to hand out much because it had to go to NYC too, and I am wondering why in the world bring it if we aren’t allowed to use it.  I wanted to make copies of articles before I went and got no answer to my email inquiry.  They would have helped. 

I expected the boycotters to be responsible adults that would respect our permit and pound the pavement.  I was busy doing just that and did not keep a log book of activities, but I do know who was outside working while I was and I was disappointed.  I expected more from Scared Monkeys. 

There was an incident on Sunday when an AHATA member came outside and ******* and I became engaged in conversation with him.  We were interrupted by Hotshot asking him for a photograph.  Now that I think about it, I wonder if Hotshot had been stalking him.  He graciously agreed to the photo, but she bushwhacked him and videoed without his permission and started to interrogate him.  If he hadn’t put up his hand to block the camera, I would have blocked it with my sign.  I don’t approve of yellow journalism and I expected better of Scared Monkeys.

This was not a weekend for private agendas.  I traveled a fair distance to boycott Aruba for justice for Natalee.  I was wrong to assume all Scared Monkeys there had the same goal. 

As a post script, Nolan Webster’s family had to move because their permit was for the city of Boston a block away.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 05:58:04 PM by klaasend » Logged
JusticeforNatalee
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 05:39:05 PM »

Good grief. Please stop the drama. Please please please.

"My client, Joran van der Sloot, played a MAJOR ROLE in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway."       
Antonio Carlo
CJ1
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 05:45:29 PM »

I had no drama.  No one else would have if they had spent the time outside manning the boycott.  And I won't be torn down by Hotshot she doesn't know me either, but I did what I was there to do BOYCOTT ARUBA.
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 05:53:48 PM »

*******, I just wanted to say that the security guy approached me first as I was the only one at the post.  He was very angry and told me that if he caught my associate in the show with pamphlets hanging out of his pockets as he was told was observed, that he would have you removed by the state police.  As soon as Marlee returned from collating literature I sent her in to find you. 
I was outside the entire day and went in for maybe 15 minutes and in the middle of that Marlee told me Ken(Security)was very angry with me and was going to have me removed by State Police for handing out literature or having it hang out of my pockets,I forget because I was harrased so many times. I couldn't even take a break without being harrased and had to be outside at all times because we short on people. Minutes later when I did see Ken he agreed that he did not believe this member of the ATA and he even saw me inside with my jacket zipped to the top and nothing in my pockets. I asked which member it was and he declined to tell me for he did not want to start a fire as he put it. He added he had other reasons to believe this person was lying.

I don't like how you included me and scaredmonkey's in your post and having other agenda's. I also don't understand why you are posting this in this thread as it takes away the great job we did this weekend and hampers others from attending the NY event. I stood outside nearly the entire time both days,followed every rule,was constantly harrased based on lies from this ATA person and did everything I could to make this work. Even after the long day Saturday I drove around for two hours getting copies done,and worked as a peacemaker because certain people were upset with each other and wanted to call it quits. Because I was not in a hotel I then drove more than a hour home got up the next day,drove all the way back to Boston and was the first to arrive and had to ask someone to watch the supplies while I parked because I was the first person to arrive. Please try to keep this positive as I don't understand why you are attacking me and Scared Monkeys.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 08:17:01 PM by Observer » Logged

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.