April 16, 2024, 04:06:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #736 2/27 - 2/29/08  (Read 536273 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #960 on: February 29, 2008, 07:43:46 PM »

Press release

Postbus 1163, Oranjestad, Aruba
Havenstraat 2
Oranjestad
Aruba

To All media
From The Public Prosecutor’s Office
Date February 26, 2008

Pages 1

Cloth found in crab trap not a match with sample of blouse Holloway, according to FBI Laboratory.

The Prosecutors’ Office of Aruba has received the results of the comparison tests done by the FBI Laboratory in the United States of America on clothing, cloth or a textile of some type recovered in January 2008 by an Aruban dive team inside a crab trap in about 90 feet of water, off the coast of Aruba. The Aruban dive team was directed to the crab trap by the crew of the vessel “Persistence” that is conducting a sea search looking for the body of Natalee Holloway. The Persistence is searching for a crab trap based on the story that the body of Natalee Holloway was disposed of and placed in a similar device.

The Aruban Police requested the FBI Laboratory to process the cloth, because the Laboratory already had a sample of the exact match of the type of material of Natalee Holloway’s blouse. The FBI Laboratory received that material on the 22nd of January 2008.

On the 25th of February 2008, the Prosecutors’ Office received the official report from the FBI Laboratory that showed that the two materials were not a match.

FBI Says Fabrics Found in Aruban Crab Trap Not From Holloway
Tuesday, February 26, 2008

ORANJESTAD, Aruba  —  An FBI analysis of fabric collected from a crab trap off Aruba showed the material did not match clothing worn by missing American Natalee Holloway, prosecutors said Tuesday.

The fabric was recovered in January by divers in about 90 feet of water as they searched for the body of the missing woman, the Aruban public prosecutor's office said in a statement.

Click here for photos from the case.

The FBI compared the material to a blouse worn by Holloway, who was 18 when she disappeared on the final night of a high school graduation trip to the Dutch Caribbean island in May 2005. The results "showed that the two materials were not a match," the statement said.

Special Agent Ann Todd, a spokeswoman for the FBI Laboratory in Quantico, Va., said the lab could not comment on the case.

Holloway, of Mountain Brook, Ala., was last seen leaving a bar in the Aruban capital of Oranjestad with a Dutch college student and two Surinamese brothers. Extensive searches have found no trace of her.

Earlier this month, judges rejected an attempt to arrest the Dutch student, Joran Van der Sloot, for a third time in her disappearance. He was released due to insufficient evidence the first two times he was arrested.

Aruban prosecutors had sought to detain him based on hidden-camera recordings captured by a Dutch TV crime show. In the video, Van der Sloot said Holloway collapsed on the beach after they left the bar and he called a friend to dump her body at sea.

Van der Sloot has said he was lying when he made those statement and insists he had no involvement in her death.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,332848,00.html

Fabric found in Aruban crab trap doesn't match Holloway's clothing
Posted by Birmingham News February 26, 2008 3:26 PM

Fabric found in a crab trap off the Aruban coast doesn't match a blouse worn by Natalee Holloway when she disappeared, officials said today.

The fabric was recovered by a dive crew last month and tested by the FBI, which was holding fabric samples matching Holloway's top, according to a release from the Aruban prosecutor's office.

Holloway, then 18, disappeared in May of 2005 on a trip to Aruba with fellow graduates of Mountain Brook High School. Soon afterward, her family circulated a picture of her taken at the beach with friends on her last night wearing a blue, green and white halter top.

The news is just the latest blow to what had been a renewed effort to solve the case. Earlier this month, a Dutch appeals court refused to let Aruban prosecutors re-arrest their chief suspect on the basis of an undercover television video. Joran van der Sloot had told a friend in the video that he watched Holloway die on the beach and asked a friend to dispose of her body in the water.

Hannah Wolfson
http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2008/02/fabric_found_in_aruban_crab_tr.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #961 on: February 29, 2008, 07:44:05 PM »

Klaas, do you have the link to the original Kalpoe-McGraw suit?  I'd be glad to look over that list of exhibits. 

I probably that the link to that long "article" thing bookmarked at work.  (Where is the eye rolling monkey when I need it?)

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
oceanexploration
Scared Monkey

« Reply #962 on: February 29, 2008, 07:45:24 PM »

I will not comment about the trap. 

Mos's press release is accurate and nearly verbatim of the FBI report. 

Personally, I prefer searching for lost shipwrecks.  They're bigger and don't have living enemies.
SEARCH FOR NATALEE BLOG:
http://nholloway.blogspot.com/
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #963 on: February 29, 2008, 07:46:47 PM »

I'm going to dig a bigger hole for myself as I think few are following what i'm saying.
1) The Persistence in all likelihood has found Natalee in the trap.
2) They really did not want to expose this just yet. Why? Because they still need to "prove" the "whys" and "hows". They have a better chance of accomplishing this if the actual "perps" aren't "clued in."
3) Why the "Dateline" irregularities? Because "Dateline" was already on board and they had to keep up "appearances" so they could continue with their "plan."
4) The posting of the pics on the internet put a severe cramp in their plans.
5) Why is trap so big? Because the body disposal did not happen that night as in Joran's story. Her body was put there at least a few days later by a bigger boat involving a larger cover-up. This why they did not reveal their "finding" yet. They want to find out who has that bigger boat.

Once again -- my opinion.

We have waited 3 years -- hold on -- we're almost there!

I pray you are right!

I also pray that you are right!  Wreck, I like the way you think. 
Wreck, then what are your thoughts on Mos's press release about the FBI results?
Don't know - don't care what Mos says or does. I trusted him up unti Thanksgiving time. Never again.

AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #964 on: February 29, 2008, 07:46:57 PM »

Actually, Mos' statement is conspicuous in what it does NOT say.  It does say the fabric does not match Natalee's clothing.  No surprise. 

It does NOT say a word about the rest of the contents of the trap, whether they were also tested, and what they were.  I doubt very much that the searchers and the Aruban Law Enforcement are going to send to the FBI ONLY a scrap of fabric found in a trap to be tested.  Why?  No point.  Yes, there were other contents in that trap and they were tested and Mos is specifically NOT saying what they were. 

BRING NATALEE HOME
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #965 on: February 29, 2008, 07:47:27 PM »

Ocean, was there something other than cloth in the trap?  Was the FBI asked to process something other than cloth?  If so, are the results known and can they be shared?

There was something there. Tim Miller said the dna did not match Natalee's DNA.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #966 on: February 29, 2008, 07:47:40 PM »

Mr. Jorge Sanchez (PTR Certified Pro)

Aruba Racquet Club

With a degree in Business Administration, Jorge decided to follow his father steps. He has been teaching tennis for the    passed 8 years and has been traveling around the world to attend the best Tennis Conferences. As the National Coach of    Aruba in 2004, his team earned the title # 1 in the Caribbean . His expertise in the modern Tennis game will help you to    reach a much higher level!.

In the year 2002, father and son joined together to create "Sanchez Tennis Services". This school focuses on
   developing players of all ages and games of all levels and also organizes Tennis Events. Sanchez Tennis Services is well    known for developing top Junior Players of Aruba, who are able to compete at an International Level.

Aruba Racquet Club

Tel: 5860215

Pro's phone:

Mr. Leonel Sanchez : 5936693

Mr. Jorge Sanchez : 5936263

E-mail:

Sancheztennis@setarnet.aw

http://www.arc.aw/tennis/tennisschool.html

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #967 on: February 29, 2008, 07:49:38 PM »

That's okay, Ocean.  Logic dictates that the FBI are not just testing fabric.  There would be no need to do this.  I'm sure Mos' press release is verbatim from ONE paragraph of the FBI report.  Now, I would really like to see the rest of the FBI report, the other paragraphs that Mos (and you) will not comment upon.  I'm sure we will be made aware in due time.

BRING NATALEE HOME
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #968 on: February 29, 2008, 07:50:13 PM »

Klaas, do you have the link to the original Kalpoe-McGraw suit?  I'd be glad to look over that list of exhibits. 

I probably that the link to that long "article" thing bookmarked at work.  (Where is the eye rolling monkey when I need it?)

Here is the document that has all of the items requested in the Motion to Compel:

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/images/MemoKalpoe.pdf
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #969 on: February 29, 2008, 07:50:45 PM »

Link to both lawsuits:

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/fun-images/LawsuitHollowyTwitty.pdf

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/fun-images/KalpoeDrPhil.pdf
ala_gunslinger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #970 on: February 29, 2008, 07:50:54 PM »

Postbus 1163, Oranjestad, Aruba
Havenstraat 2
Oranjestad
Aruba

To All media

From The Public Prosecutor’s Office

Date February 26, 2007

Pages 1

The Prosecutors’ Office of Aruba has received the results of the comparison tests done by the FBI Laboratory in the United States of America on clothing, cloth or a textile of some type recovered in January 2008 by an Aruban dive team inside a crab trap in about 90 feet of water, off the coast of Aruba. The Aruban dive team was directed to the crab trap by the crew of the vessel “Persistence” that is conducting a sea search looking for the body of Natalee Holloway. The Persistence is searching for a crab trap based on the story that the body of Natalee Holloway was disposed of and placed in a similar device.

The Aruban Police requested the FBI Laboratory to process the cloth, because the Laboratory already had a sample of the exact match of the type of material of Natalee Holloway’s blouse. The FBI Laboratory received that material on the 22nd of January 2008.

On the 25th of February 2008, the Prosecutors’ Office received the official report from the FBI Laboratory that showed that the two materials were not a match.

Not one word about the dna.

Existence is futile.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #971 on: February 29, 2008, 07:52:04 PM »

Aruba Racquet Club

With a degree in Business Administration, Jorge decided to follow his father steps. He has been teaching tennis for the    passed 8 years and has been traveling around the world to attend the best Tennis Conferences. As the National Coach of    Aruba in 2004, his team earned the title # 1 in the Caribbean . His expertise in the modern Tennis game will help you to    reach a much higher level!.

In the year 2002, father and son joined together to create "Sanchez Tennis Services". This school focuses on
   developing players of all ages and games of all levels and also organizes Tennis Events. Sanchez Tennis Services is well    known for developing top Junior Players of Aruba, who are able to compete at an International Level.

Aruba Racquet Club

Pro's phone:

E-mail:

Racquet Club??  What size shoe does he wear??   
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #972 on: February 29, 2008, 07:52:27 PM »

I believe the fabric of Natalee's blouse washed up on shore that summer.  I saw the pics up close and worked on enhancing them.  I was actually puzzled by Mos' declaration that the fabric did not match Natalee's clothing.  Did he expect it to match her clothing?  I didn't.  Frankly, I doubt Natalee had her clothing on when she was dumped at sea.  She wore very little clothing when she got into that car with Joran and the Kalpoes--a sleeveless summer shirt, denim skirt, panties.  That's it.  Then, she was gang raped by the three, maybe more.  I really do not believe she had clothing on when she was dumped and I would be surprised if a body were found with her clothing around it.  So, when Mos said the fabric did not match her clothing, my thought was, "Of course it didn't."  The fabric was probably something wrapped around her, like a blanket or towel, or maybe it was fabric from something like Joran's shoe.  Who knows?  But I didn't expect it to be her clothing and was surprised when Mos made that statement.

Great thoughts AZlady.You think it could be something from the VDS house.Blanket,plastic,something from the garden shed???Material from a bodybag???Just thoughts.Could be material from any of the perps houses.Opinions???

Keepthefaith

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
ala_gunslinger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #973 on: February 29, 2008, 07:53:06 PM »

I understand.

What can we do to help?

Existence is futile.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #974 on: February 29, 2008, 07:53:11 PM »

Aruba Racquet Club

Aruba Racquet Club

Pro's phone:

E-mail:

Racquet Club??  What size shoe does he wear??   

One size fits all.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #975 on: February 29, 2008, 07:53:36 PM »

Here is the document that has all of the items requested in the Motion to Compel:

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/images/MemoKalpoe.pdf

Thank you. 

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #976 on: February 29, 2008, 07:53:52 PM »

My opinion, of course, as I have no inside info.  Someone's body was in that trap.  If not Natalee's, then another person's and there is a responsibility to determine who it is and how he/she died.  I have to assume this determination is now underway.  We will know when the time is right. 

Faith is a very difficult concept for me.  However, I am learning more as each day passes to have faith and put this in God's hands. 

BRING NATALEE HOME
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #977 on: February 29, 2008, 07:54:25 PM »

That's okay, Ocean.  Logic dictates that the FBI are not just testing fabric.  There would be no need to do this.  I'm sure Mos' press release is verbatim from ONE paragraph of the FBI report.  Now, I would really like to see the rest of the FBI report, the other paragraphs that Mos (and you) will not comment upon.  I'm sure we will be made aware in due time.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #978 on: February 29, 2008, 07:55:06 PM »

Where did the laboratory receive an EXACT match of the material that comprised Natalee's blouse?  Could this be evidence collected on July 17, 2005 by a park ranger in Boca Tortuga area of Aruba.

My theory implies IF Natalee was taken out to sea ... it would have been on the east side of the Island in the first week of June.

Janet

FBI Says Fabrics Found in Aruban Crab Trap Not From Holloway
Tuesday, February 26, 2008

ORANJESTAD, Aruba  —  An FBI analysis of fabric collected from a crab trap off Aruba showed the material did not match clothing worn by missing American Natalee Holloway, prosecutors said Tuesday.

The fabric was recovered in January by Aruban divers in about 90 feet (27 meters) of water as they searched for the body of the missing woman, the public prosecutor's office said in a statement.

Click here for photos from the case.

The FBI compared the material to a blouse worn by Holloway, who was 18 when she disappeared on the final night of a high school graduation trip to the island in May 2005. The results "showed that the two materials were not a match," the statement said.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,332848,00.html

Tim Miller
RED - SCARED MONKEYS
July 24, 2005

RED: There have been reports that a shallow grave was discovered in the area of Boca Tortuga, on the eastern part of the island. There are also reports that cell-phone calls made by Joran early in the morning came from a location on the eastern side of the island. It seems plausible that thisarea could yield more clues

TIM MILLER: We found a site that we feel as though was a possible gravesite. Our thoughts are that Natalee may have been buried in that hole for 1 or 2 days then moved. We have information that the cell phones were possibly being used in that area
http://scaredmonkeys.com/2005/07/24/interview-transcript-with-tim-miller-july-24th-2005/

Karl Penhaul
NANCY GRACE
July 13, 2005

PENHAUL: The searchers were at an area called Boca Prim (ph). That`s on the northern side of the island near the national park.

It`s an area of soft sand dunes. There`s only one road to get down there. It`s a very rough road. You can really only get there by four-wheel drive.  It`s where a dry riverbed meets the ocean. And it`s at that area where this thing that looked like a grave, a hole, about four feet deep and about the length of a body with a mound of sand beside it, was found, Nancy.
GRACE: Now, also, on the north end of the island, where they were today, is that where that lighthouse is?

PENHAUL: Not really, no. The lighthouse is at the northern tip, at the northwest tip. And this area is really on the northeastern side of the island.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0507/13/ng.01.html

Fabric/Duct Tape - Boca Tortuga
SCARED MONKEYS
June 18, 2006

What did the Aruba Park Ranger pick up at Boca Tortuga area? Fabric that matched Natalee’s Top?

What ever happened to this material? Why didn’t the media camera man take a close up of what so closely resembled the green fabric of Natalee’s top? One would have thought that they would have zoomed right in to see what had been collected.

On Sunday, July 17, 2005 the park rangers found the duct tape with long blonde hair in the Boca Tortuga area of Aruba. A park ranger being video’d walking around picks up a piece of fabric that matches Natalee’s top.

The question still remains today, what ever happened to this evidence that was collected? We also need to remember that this material that was found washed ashore following the hurricanes that took place last summer. It is highly possibly that the material washed ashore from another location on the island or from out at sea.

View fabric images:
http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/2006/06/18/what-did-the-aruba-park-ranger-pick-up-at-boca-tortuga-area-fabric-that-matched-natalees-top/

Dave Holloway
NANCY GRACE
April 24, 2006

GRACE: Well, Dave Holloway, aren`t there logs and isn`t there surveillance in place in Aruba of all the ships that go out of the tiny island, even at night?

HOLLOWAY: Well, there is but on one of those nights, I think it was June the 7th or June the 8th, the electricity went out on the island for about two hours so you wonder if that would have been the prime opportunity to do it. Small boats, I don`t think, can be picked up as well as the big ones.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/24/ng.01.html

Jossy Mansur
DANA PRETZER
June 18, 2006

MANSUR:  I do know what our reporters have been able to find, Lorenzo is a half brother of Joran. He has a boat. He lives in a secluded section of the island, very close to Joran. I don't know if he was questioned, but people mention his name quite often in regard to this case.
http://sundaynightsatellite.libsyn.com/index.php?post_year=2006&post_month=06&post_day=18

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #979 on: February 29, 2008, 07:55:24 PM »

I understand.

What can we do to help?
I second that.  What can we do, other than pray?

BRING NATALEE HOME
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.