April 26, 2024, 09:14:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The St. Louis Travel Show 2008  (Read 36781 times)
KatzHome
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2008, 04:43:02 AM »

Good morning!

I just heard the news from my mechanic ~ that Joran has talked!!! ~ I'm so glad I needed a new radiator in my car and that the car got fixed yesterday & Eric came over my house with the breaking news!

His basic summary was this:

Joran got friendly with the local drug dealer and started making vague references to what happened, saying stuff like "man, you just don't know the secrets that I have, and the drug dealer just listened and acted like he didn't know what Joarn was talking about. Then the drug dealer go in touch with America's Most Wanted (or someone like that who the Monkeys know) and it was arranged that the drug dealer would just let Joran talk... his every word and mannerism recorded. The drug dealer got a new truck ~ all outfitted with various recording devices, both audio and video ~ cameras everywhere aimed at the passengers seat where Joran would be sitting ~ and eventually blabbing ~ which he did.

Joran got called back to Aruba for something ~ one last investigation or whatever ~ and he came back telling the drug dealer basically that he got away with it again... The drug dealer told him that he had some great deals going down, that he got a new truck out of all of it, and urged Joran to hurry on over, that they had some "business" to attend to.

And now the investigators have about a years worth of Joran's talking about what happened that night ~ that Joran, Deepak and Satish have all been arrested again ~ and there are divers in Aruba once again looking for Natalie's body ~ because Joran even told where her body was dumped ~ about 5 miles off shore in the ocean.

Is all this, that my mechanic told me, about right?

We will be there.....will you?   Sunday March 9, 2008

If you have any questions please contact Lisa, Vicki or me....(Klaas has our email addys if you don't already have them)

We will be there as Natalee's voice....please come and speak out for Natalee.

http://vacation07.info/index.php

We Remember Natalee Bumper Stickers ~ Prayers for Natalee and her family
http://graphicemotion.com/TES_Bumper_Stickers.pdf
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2008, 07:45:51 AM »

Update 

Just got done calling our local news stations. Not sure if they are coming?! How do you know? lol 2 entered the story into their system. Fox went one step further and asked me to e-mail them with all of the details which I did. I guess we will know on Sunday.

You'll know if one of their news vans pulls up and someone comes over to you with a microphone, LOLOL.

They came both times in Boston,the first time were actual interviews but this year was just the cameraman. I couldn't do much except show him the signs 

Klaas you are a hoot!!!
OB- so they may be there..now I am nervous..lol..I'll let Sunny do the talking if they show up

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2008, 01:39:31 PM »

ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2008, 09:37:10 AM »

ok...Fox TV News is coming out!!! They called last night and wanted to have us on the news last night too in a pre-protest interview!!! lol I didn't get the message until this morning because we were at the wedding!!
Sunny has to do the talking!! lol

Thanks Klaas. I scoped out the place Friday, perfect layout!!! People attending will HAVE to pass us to get in. We will be in the commons area right between the 2 entrances. The entrance on the left goes into the hotel, so I am sure most people will go through the entrance on the right...right past us!!!!

Wish us luck!!! Have to get ready and load up the van. we'll send you updates!!!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2008, 10:49:17 AM »

ok...Fox TV News is coming out!!! They called last night and wanted to have us on the news last night too in a pre-protest interview!!! lol I didn't get the message until this morning because we were at the wedding!!
Sunny has to do the talking!! lol

Thanks Klaas. I scoped out the place Friday, perfect layout!!! People attending will HAVE to pass us to get in. We will be in the commons area right between the 2 entrances. The entrance on the left goes into the hotel, so I am sure most people will go through the entrance on the right...right past us!!!!

Wish us luck!!! Have to get ready and load up the van. we'll send you updates!!!

Great news! 
Bob
Scared Monkey

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2008, 11:07:36 AM »

Good Luck in St. Louis from the New York & Boston Monkeys!!!

Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2008, 05:06:56 PM »

We have a few updates from Sunny:

http://scaredmonkeys.com/files/030908a.mp3
http://scaredmonkeys.com/files/030908b.mp3
http://scaredmonkeys.com/files/030908c.mp3

Bob
Scared Monkey

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2008, 05:37:19 PM »

Excellent work in St. Louis!  It was heart warming to hear there was a good sized group present and that the Aruba booth was empty, as anticipated.  No doubt they left early and gave up trying to sucker people.  The folks in your section of the Country are decent, law abiding and God-fearing Americans who won't stand for the senseless garbage spewed by Aruba and insulting treatment and lack of justice for Natalee and her family.....and other American tourists.  The BOYCOTT is spreading like wildfire and is the most effective means at our disposal to show Aruban officials we won't stand for governmental and police corruption, drugging, raping, and worse.  Protests will be held at every Travel - Tourism event in America that Aruba has the nerve to appear. Thank you Sunny and the other St. Louis Monkeys.....you stood proud and tall!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2008, 05:37:55 PM »

Great updates Sunny!  You guys ROCK!
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2008, 06:16:18 PM »

We are home...tired, cold and hungry but it was a success!!  We got set up about 10:45 am.....the show started at 11:00 am - Fox News Channel 2 arrived about 11:30am...the camera man followed us as we were giving out the pamphlets and tote bags. He was there about 10-15 minutes... Attendance was slow until after noon....but everyone was receptive and we immediately got folks who were either very supportive or thought the case was solved.  We did not get any negative remarks...not one!!  I checked out the Aruba booth about 11:45 and it was not manned. The Jamaica booth as right across the aisle so I stopped for a moment to say 'Irie' to the Jamaican rep. She asked about the sweatshirt and said keep it up...and winked...just as I asked her if the Aruba desk was manned a blond lady walked up behind me...from the look in the eye of the Jamaican rep I immediately deduced that something was up...the blond lady said can I help you, I turned and smiled and said no, thanked the JA rep and walked away....the blond lady was steaming. We had people at 2 entrances to the Convention Center...before long the security people came to tell us we had to move off the property...they were very nice about it, almost apologetic and showed us where we could be....not a great location.....but we moved then and scouted out another location and found a PERFECT spot....right at the main entrance and still off the convention center property....Lisa parked her van so it would be seen by everyone driving into the parking lot....we put the banner on Lisa's van..it was perfect...we were able to reach out to people arriving and leaving...many people stopped to say 'keep up the good work', 'we support you,' I hope they find her, some say I would NOT go to Aruba...EVER!!....etc.....it was cold and windy but we tried to keep moving to keep warm. Security was VERY sympathetic and didn't say one word until Aruba complained..I was later told it was because the totes said Boycott Aruba   however, we were allowed to go into the travel show wearing our sweatshits and go anyplace we wanted as long as we didn't hand out anything.....of course we COULD answer any questions asked about the sweatshirts.. As we were leaving we stopped at the local newpaper kiosk and a young man manning the desk told us that there was quite a 'buzz' about us being out there....people were talking...I checked another time during the show and the Aruba booth was again unmanned....and as we left checked again and alas....no one at the Aruba spot....just brochures on the table...no decorations, no give aways, nothing to catch one's eye.  It seems there was one person to man the booth and she wasn't there much!!  It was a good day....and we feel we gave Natalee a voice today.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2008, 06:30:37 PM »

Back home!!! What a terrific experience!!! I can't get over all of the positive comments and prayers that were being sent out to Natalee's family!! I loved the experience and would do it again in a heartbeat!!!
The convention people were warm and friendly..at first!! lol Then they came out and said they supported it, were glad we were there, but please don't give away any of our totebags any more. The totebags said Boycott Aruba. We said that was fine. Fox news came out and filmed us for a good half an hour...pretty neat!! Have to check and make sure they actually have us on the news tonight...I am recording it!!
Aruba must have complained again. We had people at both entrances for the first half of the show and then out of the blue, there was security everywhere, just watching us at first, they said we would have to move away from the entrance and into the grassy area across from the entrance. Apparently, that did not satisfy Aruba...who by the way must have been off eating their frosted flakes because they were NOT at the booth all day!!!
anyhoo...security came out AGAIN and told us we would have to leave the premises, that when people rented the place for a show it became private property. The security people were very nice, one guy even said, look I totally support your cause but I have 4 kids to feed and I have to follow the rules. They were nice, we were nice. They were very sympathetic to what was happening.
So we moved off of the premises...funny part was...where we were moved to, was better than where we started!!!! The entrance into the place had a dead end...and then you turned right into the parking lot. So everyone driving in saw my van with Natalee's banner hanging on it and there was a stop sign and we were there passing out our brochures...and totes again!!! lol After all..we were now on public property!!! The security guys would come out and check on us and give us rides on the gold cart back to the ladies room!!! lol They said we were fine going into the convention center with out Natalee sweatshirts on too. Great, great time.
Well, I have to run to work for a bit, I'll let Sunny update the rest. But it was absolutely a heartwarming experience for me!!! People were so kind, most people stopped and got a brochure, others would talk about Natalee. One lady said she prays every day for Natalee and her family.
I loved it guys!!! It was great to finally be able to do something proactive. Really great experience!!

ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2008, 06:43:21 PM »

We made the news!! lol They did a segment on us....lead in with "And now a story about another missing girl; Natalee Holloway, the center of a peaceful protest at the travel show at the Convention Center" and then filmed us passing out info and our signs!! too cool!!! 

sirensong
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2008, 06:49:15 PM »

You guys are awesome!!   Great  job!!
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2008, 06:50:05 PM »

I love it!! Listened again to Fox segment, they said our group had a simple message, no Justice for Natalee, No tourists for Aruba!! They read my e-mail!! YEA!!! It was perfect guys!!!

Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2008, 07:00:47 PM »

Wonderful report ldstlou and SunnyinTX!!! So very proud of all you for standing with the girl and being her voice at this travel show!!!!!!!!!!!! And you made it on the news as well?? WOW!!!!!!!

Outstanding!!!!!!!   

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2008, 07:02:54 PM »

Wonderful report ldstlou and SunnyinTX!!! So very proud of all you for standing with the girl and being her voice at this travel show!!!!!!!!!!!! And you made it on the news as well?? WOW!!!!!!!

Outstanding!!!!!!!   

Thanks, it was a lot of fun, I'd do it again in a heartbeat!!!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2008, 07:05:54 PM »

We made the news!! lol They did a segment on us....lead in with "And now a story about another missing girl; Natalee Holloway, the center of a peaceful protest at the travel show at the Convention Center" and then filmed us passing out info and our signs!! too cool!!! 

We need to get a copy of that news clip.  I'm going to search around!

GREAT JOB YOU GUYS!
hotping
Monkey Junky

All Prayers Will Be Answered in Time!

« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2008, 07:11:15 PM »

You Guys Are AWESOME! Thank You for doing what Some of Us are not able to do.....You Are Great! You ROCK! 

In God We Trust!
Prayers Will Bring Natalee Home!
May 2010 Bring Natalee Home to Rest In Peace!
Pita
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2008, 07:14:04 PM »

Sounds like you had a very productive and rewarding day!

Thank you for helping to keep Natalee's voice alive and reminding people that Natalee is still missing in Aruba!

Congratulations on a job well done!!     
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2008, 07:24:08 PM »

This is exciting!;  Sounds as if you all had a wonderful, wonderful time and generaously gave so much of yourselves for Natalee !!   Everything seemed to have worked out beautifully!  You rock!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.