March 29, 2024, 04:10:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The St. Louis Travel Show 2008  (Read 36110 times)
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« on: February 28, 2008, 01:36:04 PM »

We will be there.....will you?   Sunday March 9, 2008

If you have any questions please contact Lisa, Vicki or me....(Klaas has our email addys if you don't already have them)

We will be there as Natalee's voice....please come and speak out for Natalee.

http://vacation07.info/index.php
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 10:09:09 PM by klaasend » Logged

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 05:41:04 PM »

I am hoping to do my best in honor of Natalee. Say your prayers we are successful here in St Louis.
Just a quick update. I contacted the Captain of the St Charles Police Dept and told him our intentions of a peaceful protest against Aruba. I said we had some problems with the members from aruba at our Boston show and they that repeated called the police trying to get us removed. I said we did not want to do anything to harm St Charles nor their tourism convention, we were taregeting one booth and one booth only...Aruba. He said Lisa, if I were allowed, I would be there right beside you.
What a wonderful man!! I am hoping after we can send him thank you notes!! He knew Natalee's story well, he called the Convention Center himself and made the arrangements for us and told me if we need anything at all, including an officer to help with traffic, don't hesitate to call!!! Can you believe it??!! He also said he would pay a visit to the Aruba booth himslef and inform them he was aware of our protest and had our support as long as we stayed within our parameters. He said if they want to call and complain..just let 'em!!! lol
He said our job is to protect everyone Lisa, and that means you!! He made my heart sing!!!

I am trying to get a good group of people together. I have sent e-mails out to the Sororities and Fraternities at St Louis University asking for their help. I am going to do the same with our other local colleges tonight. I am trying also to get together a list of support groups of victims of violent crimes who we could contact. I think it may be therapeutic for them to support the protest. I am going to speak to my Priest tomorrow to ask for his support and see what ideas he may have. My girlfriend is also the President of a civic organization called Fuel. I am going to call on her also. I am also going to send out an e-mail to all my fellow REMAX agents.
I don't know how many supporters we can gather in one week but wanted to let you know I am working hard to gather them!!! Any ideas of other groups who I could call to come out and support our peaceful protest would be greatly appreciated!!!
Also trying to get a bit of media attention. I will keep you all updated.
Thank you!! Hope to make you all proud!! I hope to make Natalee proud especially!!

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
kooolkatt
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 06:21:12 PM »

Great job ladies! I've been in touch with Vicki and more tote bags have been ordered for you to hand out. Thank you for volunteering your time to be a voice for Natalee. American citizens need to know that Aruba is not a safe place to vacation! Travel safe-avoid Aruba!

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon and the truth ~Buddha
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 07:11:54 PM »

Great job ladies! I've been in touch with Vicki and more tote bags have been ordered for you to hand out. Thank you for volunteering your time to be a voice for Natalee. American citizens need to know that Aruba is not a safe place to vacation! Travel safe-avoid Aruba!

thank you!!!

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 09:06:34 PM »

I am hoping to do my best in honor of Natalee. Say your prayers we are successful here in St Louis.
Just a quick update. I contacted the Captain of the St Charles Police Dept and told him our intentions of a peaceful protest against Aruba. I said we had some problems with the members from aruba at our Boston show and they that repeated called the police trying to get us removed. I said we did not want to do anything to harm St Charles nor their tourism convention, we were taregeting one booth and one booth only...Aruba. He said Lisa, if I were allowed, I would be there right beside you.
What a wonderful man!! I am hoping after we can send him thank you notes!! He knew Natalee's story well, he called the Convention Center himself and made the arrangements for us and told me if we need anything at all, including an officer to help with traffic, don't hesitate to call!!! Can you believe it??!! He also said he would pay a visit to the Aruba booth himslef and inform them he was aware of our protest and had our support as long as we stayed within our parameters. He said if they want to call and complain..just let 'em!!! lol
He said our job is to protect everyone Lisa, and that means you!! He made my heart sing!!!

I am trying to get a good group of people together. I have sent e-mails out to the Sororities and Fraternities at St Louis University asking for their help. I am going to do the same with our other local colleges tonight. I am trying also to get together a list of support groups of victims of violent crimes who we could contact. I think it may be therapeutic for them to support the protest. I am going to speak to my Priest tomorrow to ask for his support and see what ideas he may have. My girlfriend is also the President of a civic organization called Fuel. I am going to call on her also. I am also going to send out an e-mail to all my fellow REMAX agents.
I don't know how many supporters we can gather in one week but wanted to let you know I am working hard to gather them!!! Any ideas of other groups who I could call to come out and support our peaceful protest would be greatly appreciated!!!
Also trying to get a bit of media attention. I will keep you all updated.
Thank you!! Hope to make you all proud!! I hope to make Natalee proud especially!!

You ROCK and ROLL!!!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 09:48:34 PM »

Sunny and Lisa I am so incrediblly proud of you guys.  Their is no doubt that you will represent us well.  I wish so badly that I could be there to help you.  I just can't cancel my dinner Sunday.  I've got 17 people coming to the house to see my daughter and her new hubby open their wedding presents.

If I can help you organize anything please let me know.

All of you that have worked at the shows have my respect and admiration.

Natalee would be so proud of you.

We stand with the girl.

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 11:23:28 PM »

ldstlou - Great idea to involve other groups, especially college kids!

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 11:33:21 PM »

Sunny & ldstlou - reminder to you guys that I have the template if needed for the pamphlets.  Just let me know.  It was emailed to me the other day in case it was needed.
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2008, 01:47:33 AM »

Sunny & ldstlou - reminder to you guys that I have the template if needed for the pamphlets.  Just let me know.  It was emailed to me the other day in case it was needed.

Thanks Klaas, can you e-mail it to me?

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2008, 08:34:35 AM »

thanks Klaas....please email it to both of us

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2008, 08:35:47 AM »

thanks so much....and thank you for ALL you give and do!!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2008, 08:37:25 AM »

Sunny and Lisa I am so incrediblly proud of you guys.  Their is no doubt that you will represent us well.  I wish so badly that I could be there to help you.  I just can't cancel my dinner Sunday.  I've got 17 people coming to the house to see my daughter and her new hubby open their wedding presents.

If I can help you organize anything please let me know.

All of you that have worked at the shows have my respect and admiration.

Natalee would be so proud of you.

We stand with the girl.

We know you are there with us in your heart....We will see you on the 8th!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

Vicki
Scared Monkey

« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2008, 01:31:11 PM »

Great work,Ladies...I know you will be sucessfull !!! If everyone in large citys checked there local listing they may find that lieruba is turning up like a bad penny....Great work MO ladies...
kooolkatt
Scared Monkey

« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2008, 02:58:34 PM »

thanks so much....and thank you for ALL you give and do!!!

Thank you Sunny. I am honored to be able to be a part of such a wonderful group of people. I stand with the girl and I stand proudly, shoulder to shoulder with you fine monkeys 

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon and the truth ~Buddha
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2008, 09:39:30 PM »

Received the 3-fold brochures today, they look terrific!!
Sunny and I still busy recruiting!! We are learning alot!! So many well wishers, hard to get people to get of their fannies and ACT!!! But we are slowly gathering our group!! Makes me appreciate all of you Monkeys but especially the ones who attend these shows!!

St Louis University was frustrating!! believe it or not they want to book Beth for a lecture!! I forwarded the info to her...but say peaceful "protest" and you'ld think we said a curse word!!! lol These young kids!! lol They have never had to be advocates for anything!!! Say what you will about Gloria Steinem, at these she VOICES her opinions!! better than sitting on your arses!!

We will have a good group though. The principal of my son's school is sending out an e-mail to all the families tomorrow. Sunny went to visit the principal of her local high school. I just wish we had one more week!!

What do you all think of us trying to get in touch of our local FOX network..isn't that the station Dateline was on?

Any and all suggestions will be appreciated. Tomorrow I am taking the day off work to follow up with phone calls. Friday Sunny and I are going out to the Convention Center to get the layout.
We will keep you updated!! Thanks for your support!!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2008, 09:43:15 PM »

Sunny and I still busy recruiting!! We are learning alot!! So many well wishers, hard to get people to get of their fannies and ACT!!! But we are slowly gathering our group!! Makes me appreciate all of you Monkeys but especially the ones who attend these shows!!

St Louis University was frustrating!! believe it or not they want to book Beth for a lecture!! I forwarded the info to her...but say peaceful "protest" and you'ld think we said a curse word!!! lol These young kids!! lol They have never had to be advocates for anything!!! Say what you will about Gloria Steinem, at these she VOICES her opinions!! better than sitting on your arses!!

We will have a good group though. The principal of my son's school is sending out an e-mail to all the families tomorrow. Sunny went to visit the principal of her local high school. I just wish we had one more week!!

What do you all think of us trying to get in touch of our local FOX network..isn't that the station Dateline was on?

Any and all suggestions will be appreciated. Tomorrow I am taking the day off work to follow up with phone calls. Friday Sunny and I are going out to the Convention Center to get the layout.

Wow - you and Sunny are doing a fantastic job!

Dateline is on ABC not Fox but it won't hurt to contact all of the local news stations. Hopefully one of them will stop by and interview you guys.

You guys rock!
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2008, 06:37:55 AM »

Wow - you and Sunny are doing a fantastic job!

Dateline is on ABC not Fox but it won't hurt to contact all of the local news stations. Hopefully one of them will stop by and interview you guys.

You guys rock!

Thanks Klaas!! Lets just pray we don't get another 10 inches of snow like we received Tuesday!!! lol I will contact the local networks today.

ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2008, 09:08:53 PM »

Update 

Just got done calling our local news stations. Not sure if they are coming?! How do you know? lol 2 entered the story into their system. Fox went one step further and asked me to e-mail them with all of the details which I did. I guess we will know on Sunday.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2008, 11:38:14 PM »

Update 

Just got done calling our local news stations. Not sure if they are coming?! How do you know? lol 2 entered the story into their system. Fox went one step further and asked me to e-mail them with all of the details which I did. I guess we will know on Sunday.

You'll know if one of their news vans pulls up and someone comes over to you with a microphone, LOLOL.
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2008, 03:22:56 AM »

Update 

You'll know if one of their news vans pulls up and someone comes over to you with a microphone, LOLOL.

They came both times in Boston,the first time were actual interviews but this year was just the cameraman. I couldn't do much except show him the signs 

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.