April 26, 2024, 11:21:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The St. Louis Travel Show 2008  (Read 36784 times)
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2008, 07:25:56 PM »

I love it!! Listened again to Fox segment, they said our group had a simple message, no Justice for Natalee, No tourists for Aruba!! They read my e-mail!! YEA!!! It was perfect guys!!!

That IS perfect!  Short & to the point!
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2008, 07:26:37 PM »

Excellent work in St. Louis!  It was heart warming to hear there was a good sized group present and that the Aruba booth was empty, as anticipated.  No doubt they left early and gave up trying to sucker people.  The folks in your section of the Country are decent, law abiding and God-fearing Americans who won't stand for the senseless garbage spewed by Aruba and insulting treatment and lack of justice for Natalee and her family.....and other American tourists.  The BOYCOTT is spreading like wildfire and is the most effective means at our disposal to show Aruban officials we won't stand for governmental and police corruption, drugging, raping, and worse.  Protests will be held at every Travel - Tourism event in America that Aruba has the nerve to appear. Thank you Sunny and the other St. Louis Monkeys.....you stood proud and tall!

thanks Bob..it was great being a voice for Natalee's .....and yes..people were VERY nice!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2008, 07:29:10 PM »

thanks Klaas.....We will get some pictures posted later.....(eeerrrrrr read that as I will send them to you to post for me) ...as your know I am picture posting challenged ..right now we just want to relax a bit

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2008, 07:30:53 PM »

You guys are awesome!!   Great  job!!

thanks SS it was a very full and fulling day

Rest in Peace Caylee

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2008, 07:31:12 PM »

thanks Klaas.....We will get some pictures posted later.....(eeerrrrrr read that as I will send them to you to post for me) ...as your know I am picture posting challenged ..right now we just want to relax a bit

I don't blame you for wanting to relax a bit!  You guys did a great job today, we are all proud of you.

I found a show in Houston on March 29 & 30th and started a thread for that one! 
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2008, 07:35:00 PM »

I believe Sunny said in one of her audio clips there were thirteen present today?

WoW!  That has to be record attendance, right?

Great job by all. 

And glad you enjoyed it.  Now get warm and rest up.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2008, 07:35:35 PM »

Wonderful report ldstlou and SunnyinTX!!! So very proud of all you for standing with the girl and being her voice at this travel show!!!!!!!!!!!! And you made it on the news as well?? WOW!!!!!!!

Outstanding!!!!!!!   

thanks O...so many times we all wish we could 'do something'....and the travel shows give us the opportunity to 'do something'...I wouldn't hesitate to advise anyone to go if possible....even if you can't be there the whole time....just go...for those that can't, for whatever reason..please know your support and good wishes are much appreciated

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2008, 07:38:15 PM »

You Guys Are AWESOME! Thank You for doing what Some of Us are not able to do.....You Are Great! You ROCK! 

thanks HP....and as I said earlier for those that can't participate physically for what ever reason....the emotional support is so very important and appreciated very, very much

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2008, 07:40:42 PM »

Sounds like you had a very productive and rewarding day!

Thank you for helping to keep Natalee's voice alive and reminding people that Natalee is still missing in Aruba!

Congratulations on a job well done!!     

thanks Pita.. it really was a rewarding day...one observation....many people thought HE.... jvds...had to be in jail and were very confused when we told them he was not rearrested....

Rest in Peace Caylee

ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2008, 07:43:35 PM »

I believe Sunny said in one of her audio clips there were thirteen present today?

WoW!  That has to be record attendance, right?

Great job by all. 

And glad you enjoyed it.  Now get warm and rest up.

we were hoping for more...but such short notice and we are still having problems with the flu here in St Louis, I was tickled with the turnout though. I think it was the perfect size ...not too overwhelming for people coming in and we were able to split up and cover all doors.  I am telling you, everyone that came out with us had a great time!!!!
Just wish we had more time to work our sorority/fraternity angle...we just met up with the crabbiest VP of student govt at SLU!! Next year we will pick a different college!!
Hope you all try it for the Houston show though!!!

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2008, 07:43:41 PM »

We made the news!! lol They did a segment on us....lead in with "And now a story about another missing girl; Natalee Holloway, the center of a peaceful protest at the travel show at the Convention Center" and then filmed us passing out info and our signs!! too cool!!! 

This is exciting!;  Sounds as if you all had a wonderful, wonderful time and generaously gave so much of yourselves for Natalee !!   Everything seemed to have worked out beautifully!  You rock!

thanks ..things worked out with a few changes that wound up being better that we could have hoped for....   the placement of the van with the banner on it was perfect exposure!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2008, 07:43:58 PM »

Sunny and LDSTL... GREAT WORK!!!!!!!   I have to say... I am so very proud of you

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2008, 07:46:31 PM »

Great job at the St. Louis show.  Even when you had some trouble, you made the best of it.  I am proud to stand with the girl and with the St. Louis monkeys!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2008, 07:47:39 PM »

I don't blame you for wanting to relax a bit!  You guys did a great job today, we are all proud of you.

I found a show in Houston on March 29 & 30th and started a thread for that one! 

thanks Klaas..after wearing heels all day yesterday for Snoopy's dughter's wedding ...which was BEAUTIFUL and the reception and then standing most of today...my tootsie's HURT!!  ..I saw the Houston Show...WOW...come on we have lots of TX monkeys....make Houston the BIGGEST EVER!!!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2008, 07:48:30 PM »

Sunny and LDSTL... GREAT WORK!!!!!!!   I have to say... I am so very proud of you

thanks all!!! And I am telling you, the people that deserve the thanks are the ones who got us all the banners and signs and totes and sweatshirts and fliers so fast. THAT was absolutely amazing!!! Especially since my understanding is one member had a death in her family, and still made it to order and ship our totebags and another member has a sick relative but was still e-mailing every day with encouragement. THAT is the incredible part!!!
The cost of shipping and printing and totes and sweatshirts and pens, absolutely AMAZING!! the generosity and committment!!!!!

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2008, 07:51:14 PM »

thanks Mrs. Red.....we were pretty proud of ourselves  ::MonkeyWink::and of those who joined us today!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2008, 07:53:05 PM »

Great job at the St. Louis show.  Even when you had some trouble, you made the best of it.  I am proud to stand with the girl and with the St. Louis monkeys!

thanks Bearly...it was great knowing we had all the monkey support behind us too....

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2008, 07:54:55 PM »

thanks all!!! And I am telling you, the people that deserve the thanks are the ones who got us all the banners and signs and totes and sweatshirts and fliers so fast. THAT was absolutely amazing!!! Especially since my understanding is one member had a death in her family, and still made it to order and ship our totebags and another member has a sick relative but was still e-mailing every day with encouragement. THAT is the incredible part!!!
The cost of shipping and printing and totes and sweatshirts and pens, absolutely AMAZING!! the generosity and committment!!!!!

I'll second that....we were so fortunate to have the sweatshirts...not only did they help with the cold...but also we were allowed to wear them inside the travel show.....they are perfect....don't change a thing....it makes people stop, look and think!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2008, 08:09:17 PM »

First set of pictures from the show.  Ldstlou promised she had everyone's approval to post these: 

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2008, 08:16:52 PM »

Ya'll did so good!  I know Natalee would be extremely proud of you.
Thanks.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.