March 28, 2024, 03:54:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The St. Louis Travel Show 2008  (Read 36096 times)
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #80 on: March 10, 2008, 09:41:13 AM »

A TREMENDOUS JOB DONE BY ALL WHO PROVIDED A VOICE FOR NATALEE HOLLOWAY TODAY AT THE ST LOUIS TRAVEL SHOW 2008.

Once again Aruba is reeling tonight. You must have given them a false sense of security by giving them Saturday off ... Wink

Here is the front page post with some additional comments and added links and pictures from Aruba past searches and visits.

Scared Monkeys Protests Aruba at the St. Louis Travel Show in St. Charles, MO and a Show of Unity for Justice…for Natalee Holloway

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2008/03/09/scared-monkeys-protests-aruba-at-the-st-louis-travel-show-in-st-charles-mo-and-a-show-of-unity-for-justicefor-natalee-holloway/#comments

KUDOS: Ldstlou, Sunny and all ...

GREAT JOB!!!

That is exactly what I told Sunny!!! I said I bet they think they are FINALLY getting a break from us...just wait until Sunday!!! lol
We must have really gotten to them because we had security all around us once they spotted the totebags..lol...then they dissappeared for the day...Probably went up to their hotel room and ate frosted flakes and got looped!!!
Great job on the totebags KoolKat, the visitors LOVED them and they really sent out the message to all!!!
At one point I went in to get a coffee. I was going down the escalator and a couple was going up. They didn't see me or my sweatshirt but they were discussing the protest and Natalee...that was one of the best moments for me!!! That and when the guys from the Post Dispatch Booth said word was circulating amoungst the vendors abour our protest!!!!!

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #81 on: March 10, 2008, 09:57:02 AM »

A TREMENDOUS JOB DONE BY ALL WHO PROVIDED A VOICE FOR NATALEE HOLLOWAY TODAY AT THE ST LOUIS TRAVEL SHOW 2008.

Once again Aruba is reeling tonight. You must have given them a false sense of security by giving them Saturday off ... Wink

Here is the front page post with some additional comments and added links and pictures from Aruba past searches and visits.

Scared Monkeys Protests Aruba at the St. Louis Travel Show in St. Charles, MO and a Show of Unity for Justice…for Natalee Holloway

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2008/03/09/scared-monkeys-protests-aruba-at-the-st-louis-travel-show-in-st-charles-mo-and-a-show-of-unity-for-justicefor-natalee-holloway/#comments

GREAT JOB!!!

That is exactly what I told Sunny!!! I said I bet they think they are FINALLY getting a break from us...just wait until Sunday!!! lol
We must have really gotten to them because we had security all around us once they spotted the totebags..lol...then they dissappeared for the day...Probably went up to their hotel room and ate frosted flakes and got looped!!!
Great job on the totebags KoolKat, the visitors LOVED them and they really sent out the message to all!!!
At one point I went in to get a coffee. I was going down the escalator and a couple was going up. They didn't see me or my sweatshirt but they were discussing the protest and Natalee...that was one of the best moments for me!!! That and when the guys from the Post Dispatch Booth said word was circulating amoungst the vendors abour our protest!!!!!

lol 

Less competition.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #82 on: March 10, 2008, 10:28:21 AM »

Aruba booth:

Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #83 on: March 10, 2008, 11:04:00 AM »

Aruba booth:

That's how the island is going to look if they don't throw Joran's ass in prison, and his co-conspirator father with him. The anti-Aruba movement is growing thanks in part to Joran throwing the island under the bus and the crooked judges not allowing him to be re-arrested.

Tough shit Aruba. He's your boy, you protected him.

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #84 on: March 10, 2008, 11:16:08 AM »

GREAT JOB!!!

lol 

Less competition.

Yep, from a business standpoint, the others must love it...the tote bag idea was genius...

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2008, 11:19:50 AM »

Aruba booth:

sorry it was so out of focus!!  when we walked through about 2:30 the travel show were FILLEd with people and the aruba booth was empty!!  LOL....no one manning it and no one stopping......it was a wonderful sight!  LOL

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2008, 12:36:55 PM »

sunny and lou.....just wanted to pop in and let you know how much your efforts are appreciated!! your organizational skills are superb which allowed your group of protesters have the maximum effect. i am so proud of you! thank you from the bottom of my heart!
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2008, 01:45:41 PM »

LD & Sunny

Thank You for a Great Job and for being my/our voice !!

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
Jerry from Ohio
Monkey Junky Jr.

mom always said that I was cute as a Bunny <g>

« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2008, 02:07:36 PM »

OML !! that booth looks like what my minds image of a new Orleans whorehouse room would look like, (No Offense to our SM friends in LA )
  tHANKS kLAAS FOR PUTING IT UP lol  AND THANK YOU TO WHOEVER TOOK IT .  AD A GOOD LAUGH AT IT .

Aruba booth:

Old Jer from Ohio
" I'm wild and a little crazy too ! 
 Some Girls don't  like boys like me  ,AWE, But some girls do  !

IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/jerryfromOhio/Howdy.jpg[/IMG]
kooolkatt
Scared Monkey

« Reply #89 on: March 10, 2008, 04:58:16 PM »

GREAT JOB...to ALL of the MONKEYS that worked so hard...KoolKat, those sweats and totes are awesome...Sunny,Id, you ladies rock...I know how proud you guys must feel....also want to thank Jamie for the signs...Wonderful...Cant wait to see the Fox clip....

Thanks Vicki! I'm so glad the totes and shirts are helping to get our message out loud and clear! Thank you for all that you do! ((((hugs)))

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon and the truth ~Buddha
kooolkatt
Scared Monkey

« Reply #90 on: March 10, 2008, 05:01:59 PM »

GREAT JOB!!!

Thank you Idstlou, SunnyinTX and all of your friends, family and neighbors who showed up to be a voice for Natalee! I am so honored to be able to help! No justice for Natalee...no tourists for Aruba!

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon and the truth ~Buddha
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #91 on: March 10, 2008, 05:11:48 PM »

OML !! that booth looks like what my minds image of a new Orleans whorehouse room would look like, (No Offense to our SM friends in LA )
  tHANKS kLAAS FOR PUTING IT UP lol  AND THANK YOU TO WHOEVER TOOK IT .  AD A GOOD LAUGH AT IT .

Aruba booth:

roflmao!!!

Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #92 on: March 10, 2008, 09:59:36 PM »

Travel Blogs, Travel Journals, Travelogues, Travel Diaries - TravelPod since 1997 wrote an interesting post today on
Here’s a quick excerpt
Once again there was a travel show, this time the St Louis Travel Show 2008, in St Charles, MO. Once again Scared Monkeys was present protesting Aruba and providing a show of Unity for Justice … for Natalee Holloway and all US citizens missing/murdered in foreign countries. Concerned individuals showed at the 2008 St. Louis Travel Show to provide a voice for Natalee Holloway and remind all travelers that Aruba has still done nothing to provide … Justice for Natalee. It would appear from report

http://tinyurl.com/2syno9

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #93 on: March 10, 2008, 11:59:47 PM »

I am hoping to do my best in honor of Natalee. Say your prayers we are successful here in St Louis.
Just a quick update. I contacted the Captain of the St Charles Police Dept and told him our intentions of a peaceful protest against Aruba. I said we had some problems with the members from aruba at our Boston show and they that repeated called the police trying to get us removed. I said we did not want to do anything to harm St Charles nor their tourism convention, we were taregeting one booth and one booth only...Aruba. He said Lisa, if I were allowed, I would be there right beside you.
What a wonderful man!! I am hoping after we can send him thank you notes!! He knew Natalee's story well, he called the Convention Center himself and made the arrangements for us and told me if we need anything at all, including an officer to help with traffic, don't hesitate to call!!! Can you believe it??!! He also said he would pay a visit to the Aruba booth himslef and inform them he was aware of our protest and had our support as long as we stayed within our parameters. He said if they want to call and complain..just let 'em!!! lol
He said our job is to protect everyone Lisa, and that means you!! He made my heart sing!!!

I am trying to get a good group of people together. I have sent e-mails out to the Sororities and Fraternities at St Louis University asking for their help. I am going to do the same with our other local colleges tonight. I am trying also to get together a list of support groups of victims of violent crimes who we could contact. I think it may be therapeutic for them to support the protest. I am going to speak to my Priest tomorrow to ask for his support and see what ideas he may have. My girlfriend is also the President of a civic organization called Fuel. I am going to call on her also. I am also going to send out an e-mail to all my fellow REMAX agents.
I don't know how many supporters we can gather in one week but wanted to let you know I am working hard to gather them!!! Any ideas of other groups who I could call to come out and support our peaceful protest would be greatly appreciated!!!
Also trying to get a bit of media attention. I will keep you all updated.
Thank you!! Hope to make you all proud!! I hope to make Natalee proud especially!!

Hi ladies and gents!   I'm just catching up here and haven't seen if it's been posted yet, but Marlee and I's searches with TES here in Ohio automatically brought out families of missing loved ones to help.  They each had there own stories and It broke my heart to hear them, and I cried.  But it made me feel THAT more adamant about doing what we were doing!  It was the most wonderful and humbling experience to meet all those heroes, along with Tim Miller and gang.  Marlee will testify to that.  Those families need to feel they are doing something to help others too, even if they haven't found there own, or unfortunately found, no longer alive.

So I'll read ahead to see how it went and wanted to let you all know, you are doing an EXCELLENT job!  KUDOS! and God Bless!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #94 on: March 11, 2008, 12:12:17 AM »

Ok, caught up so quickly from excitement!  All I can say is WOW!  What a tremendous job and thank God, it went so smoothly, so much so, Aruba didn't even show hardly!  LOL   (getting the message, maybe?)

Times like this make me so proud, even more so, to be a Monkey!  YOU ALL ROCK!

I certainly hope Red or Klaas sent the photos, etc... to Beth and Dave. 

Great job and THANK YOU to the whole group and the donations of banners, totes, etc....

ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #95 on: March 11, 2008, 10:22:15 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys!!!

I am sending out my thank you notes to those who participated with us on Sunday. I think most of you know I invited some of my scouts out. I wanted you to know why. Here is the thank you note I am sending the boys and why it meant so much to me that they participated:

What brave young men you are to come out as you did on Sunday and take a stand and let your voices be heard, I am so proud of you all. You took a stand for a girl who you know of, but never actually knew, that is even more incredible to me. There are people all across America that have also taken a stand for Natalee, and most of us never knew her personally either. You are now part of a very special group of people who have given their voices to a very important cause; Justice for Natalee.

At the beginning of every Cub Scout meeting, we stand and say the Pledge of Allegiance together. We state:

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America,
And to the Republic for which it stands:
One Nation under God, indivisible,
With Liberty and Justice for all.

I just want to take a minute and tell you why I am so grateful for what you did Sunday, and why I feel it is so important. I think you understand most of the words of the Pledge of Allegiance, but there are three very important words at the end that we are pledging, that we are making a commitment to, and they are; Indivisible, Liberty, and Justice. So I looked those words up in the dictionary and here is what I found:

Indivisible: incapable of being divided.

Liberty: the power of choice. The right to live one’s life without threats, fear, or some kind of retaliation.

Justice: the right to be treated justly, fairly, and according to proper laws and principle.

Our Pledge of Allegiance ends with; for All. These principles we pledge to belong to EVERY AMERICAN regardless of race, religion, color, creed or any other criteria. So my understand is that essentially, we are saying that as Americans, we stand together and can not be divided, and that we are committed to Liberty, to live our lives without fear or threats, but if our Liberty is taken away, then we also are committed to Justice. That those who took away our Liberties must be held responsible according to the Law. If you break the law, then you must be held responsible for your actions.

Unfortunately, Aruba has not given Natalee Justice. Natalee's Liberties were taken away from her when she visited Aruba, and now as Americans, we are standing up to say, Natalee deserves Justice. The bad guys need to go to court and if found guilty, then they should be put in jail. This is what you stood up and said on Sunday when you were passing out the fliers. You were true to your Pledge of Allegiance, and for this, I am so very proud of you. You may be young men, but your voices are strong and you made a difference on Sunday and stood up for our beliefs, as Americans, and as Cub Scouts who Pledge Allegiance to our Flag.

Thank you so much my brave heroes!!!

MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #96 on: March 11, 2008, 07:12:40 PM »

LD & Sunny

Thank You for a Great Job and for being my/our voice !!

WOW!….I second what Oldfart said. You gals were great….Thank You and to all those behind the scenes as well!

And to the boy scouts....special kids...special thanks!
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #97 on: March 11, 2008, 07:30:19 PM »

Good Morning Monkeys!!!

I am sending out my thank you notes to those who participated with us on Sunday. I think most of you know I invited some of my scouts out. I wanted you to know why. Here is the thank you note I am sending the boys and why it meant so much to me that they participated:

What brave young men you are to come out as you did on Sunday and take a stand and let your voices be heard, I am so proud of you all. You took a stand for a girl who you know of, but never actually knew, that is even more incredible to me. There are people all across America that have also taken a stand for Natalee, and most of us never knew her personally either. You are now part of a very special group of people who have given their voices to a very important cause; Justice for Natalee.

At the beginning of every Cub Scout meeting, we stand and say the Pledge of Allegiance together. We state:

I just want to take a minute and tell you why I am so grateful for what you did Sunday, and why I feel it is so important. I think you understand most of the words of the Pledge of Allegiance, but there are three very important words at the end that we are pledging, that we are making a commitment to, and they are; Indivisible, Liberty, and Justice. So I looked those words up in the dictionary and here is what I found:

Liberty: the power of choice. The right to live one’s life without threats, fear, or some kind of retaliation.

Justice: the right to be treated justly, fairly, and according to proper laws and principle.

Our Pledge of Allegiance ends with; for All. These principles we pledge to belong to EVERY AMERICAN regardless of race, religion, color, creed or any other criteria. So my understand is that essentially, we are saying that as Americans, we stand together and can not be divided, and that we are committed to Liberty, to live our lives without fear or threats, but if our Liberty is taken away, then we also are committed to Justice. That those who took away our Liberties must be held responsible according to the Law. If you break the law, then you must be held responsible for your actions.

Unfortunately, Aruba has not given Natalee Justice. Natalee's Liberties were taken away from her when she visited Aruba, and now as Americans, we are standing up to say, Natalee deserves Justice. The bad guys need to go to court and if found guilty, then they should be put in jail. This is what you stood up and said on Sunday when you were passing out the fliers. You were true to your Pledge of Allegiance, and for this, I am so very proud of you. You may be young men, but your voices are strong and you made a difference on Sunday and stood up for our beliefs, as Americans, and as Cub Scouts who Pledge Allegiance to our Flag.

Aaawwwee,  how sweet and so true.  You just did two services.  Not only did you stand with the girl, but taught those kids a VERY VERY VALUABLE lesson!  I do hope Beth and Dave know about this.  What an honor!   God Bless YOU!

Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #98 on: March 11, 2008, 07:46:38 PM »

Thanks to all who went and stood with the girl! ldstlou.... what a brilliant idea to take the cub scouts along. Kudos to you! 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #99 on: March 11, 2008, 09:14:56 PM »

Good Morning Monkeys!!!

Very eloquent letter, lsdtlou!  Congratulations, you've given each of those boys a memory that they will remember with pride and that I'm sure will last their lifetime.  Well done!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.