April 17, 2024, 10:32:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Benefit for Natalee  (Read 6020 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: February 29, 2008, 01:14:14 PM »

Discuss details here
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 10:44:49 AM by klaasend » Logged
Destiny
Monkey Junky

unwatched kids will be given sugar + a free puppy

« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 01:23:07 PM »

Tell me if I'm wrong...but was this benefit idea started...*sorry* can't remember who started it...but, was it started to figure aout different ways to help fund the Persistence?   And, do you think there is time to do it within the time frame the Persistence has to deal with....I know from personal experience, a concert takes a lot of time to pull together.  It is a really good idea...and I have some friends from the Windham Hill label too...but I am concerned about time...

I Stand With The Girl *NATALEE HOLLOWAY*

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
ala_gunslinger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 01:36:59 PM »

Tell me if I'm wrong...but was this benefit idea started...*sorry* can't remember who started it...but, was it started to figure aout different ways to help fund the Persistence?   And, do you think there is time to do it within the time frame the Persistence has to deal with....I know from personal experience, a concert takes a lot of time to pull together.  It is a really good idea...and I have some friends from the Windham Hill label too...but I am concerned about time...

Existence is futile.
ala_gunslinger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 01:38:27 PM »

Sorry, my fingers won't keep up with my brain!   

ala_gunslinger,

I am in the B'ham area. What's Up?

I think its time we put together a plan to have a 'Fund the Search' drive for the Persistence to find Natalie.  We contact all of the readio stations, television stations, newspapers, etc. and have a Fund the Search telethon.

Do you want to have a benefit concert as well?  We have some very good friends in some very popular bands (AlterBridge,Hinder, Breaking Benjamin,etc.).

Let's do this!

---------------------------------

I wwas thinking more along the line of a telethon, concert if it can be set up in time (doubtful).

Existence is futile.
ala_gunslinger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 01:39:41 PM »

Bringing over ideas....

ala_gunslinger,

I am in the B'ham area. What's Up?

I think its time we put together a plan to have a 'Fund the Search' drive for the
Persistence to find Natalie.  We contact all of the readio stations, television stations,
newspapers, etc. and have a Fund the Search telethon.

Do you want to have a benefit concert as well?  We have some very good friends in some
very popular bands (AlterBridge,Hinder, Breaking Benjamin,etc.).

Let's do this!

Quote from: littlebuddy598 on Today at 10:19:35 AM

We also have Bo Bice from her as well. Just let me know what I can do.
Will do just about what ever.

Destiny

I can try for Ted Nugent...God forbid...I will have to make a few phone calls...
I don't know his schedule...but I can try...

Existence is futile.
Destiny
Monkey Junky

unwatched kids will be given sugar + a free puppy

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 02:04:52 PM »

It all sounds Grand!...but, once again I must ask...if the search is *over* or almost over...how would raising funds help at this point?

I Stand With The Girl *NATALEE HOLLOWAY*

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 04:26:02 PM »

I got to thinking about something.What if we all started emailing Alabama churches and asking for donations for the search for Natalee?Most churches have a website and it's something that could be done fast but then again,how fast do we need? We could always put the address in the email as to where the donation is to go.I say Alabama churches simply because Natalee is one of their own and maybe it would generate more giving.What kind of time frame do we have Destiny? Like I said,just thinking here.

Proverbs 3:5
  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
         and lean not unto thine own understanding.
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2008, 08:24:52 PM »

It all sounds Grand!...but, once again I must ask...if the search is *over* or almost over...how would raising funds help at this point?

I think any excess could be used to help fund the search for other missing people.  TES and other groups do get around, and unfortunately, people go missing every day.

Good will and some money can help a lot of people.  Perhaps it could be the start of a missing persons telethon.  Just an idea.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
ala_gunslinger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2008, 08:53:31 PM »

we should 'talk'.  Klass has my email. Rob has my home phone number.

Existence is futile.
ala_gunslinger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2008, 08:54:19 PM »

I think any excess could be used to help fund the search for other missing people.  TES and other groups do get around, and unfortunately, people go missing every day.

Good will and some money can help a lot of people.  Perhaps it could be the start of a missing persons telethon.  Just an idea.

Excellent idea!

Existence is futile.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.